Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
So I saw a suggestion on Reddit for Xbox One X/S users to help improve framerate and frame pacing by enabling 120hz. So far I think it’s improved frame pacing, not so much frame rate. Wanted to share here to get some feedback to see if it’s just placebo.

In the display options menu for the Xbox, go into Video Fidelity & Overscan, under Display change it from “auto-detect” to “HDMI”. Change your resolution to 1080p (or 1440p if your TV will support it). Then change refresh rate to 120hz.

I really wouldn’t mind that. If it means the difference between having or not having racing sims of this level on consoles in the future, then I’m only too happy to support.

Kunos are a small team, as are the guys doing the port at D3T. While I’m not happy with the bugs that are still present, this is still a racing sim that’s far beyond anything that’s ever been on console. The amount of effort Kunos has put into the core game is astounding. I’ve never been one for PC gaming, too much faffing about. I’ve paid £47 in total for the game so far on PS4 (Season pass included). It costs me £50 a week just to fill my car up with petrol to get to work and back. It costs me £50 a month just to insure the damn thing (I love my car btw :)) In the 3 months since this game has come out, it has more than paid for itself in terms of the hours of entertainment it’s given me. Few hours of frustration too, sure, but it’s mainly been great fun. I mean we pay £5-10 a pop at the cinema for around a couple of hours entertainment. That money has gone too. Just like it’s gone when you’ve pissed £50 away down the pub on a Friday night. If you don’t like this, you can sell on and get at least half your money back, making it even better value...

Just trying to give a bit of perspective. Seems to be lost with some of you.

Especially if the PS5 can bring it close to parity with the PC version... If that's the case, is it too much to ask for cross-platform? Probably, but ****, if we could play with the PC community, at least the online servers wouldn't be a ghost town...

Part of the hype is because we as console players, don't have to "pretend" to drive official.. properly official cars in a racing game. I mean, all of them. The cars, liveries, actual drivers.
Big games like Formula One do this. For us console players to have a game like this and it's not from the big studios, it's welcome. That's part of the hype.

I don't believe everyone that has sampled this game, hasn't acknowledged the pachyderms in the room. Definitely shortcomings since developed for console. However, for the majority of pad users, it's a perfect driving experience(yes, my opinion).

All the real circuits and conditions. There's plenty to spend time doing. Career, Single Player, Championship, Hot lapping. All the things we'd love to see in other games we play.

Even with the visuals, the framerate, the smaller number of cars in circuit... having access to a simulator with this level of detail (especially on a wheel) is so worth it. I haven't even touched career mode, mainly because I can never commit to those in the long term, and doing individual races is mostly stress-free. 90% of my playtime is doing 30 minute quick races, starting from the back and seeing how far up the grid I can get. The other 10% is spent online on the occasion I can find a populated lobby that isn't at Monza. The actual driving experience is so good that I've only touched a fraction of the game modes and am completely satisfied with it.

Last edited:
This game is the first time I have ever experienced Zolder, and for that I am thankful! I see this game as a girl with a really pretty face, but she’s 50 pounds overweight. The potential is there, but it’ll take a lot of hard work. I won’t be surprised if it’s legit on ps5, and I also won’t be surprised if the oddities and glitches are never fixed.

Especially if the PS5 can bring it close to parity with the PC version... If that's the case, is it too much to ask for cross-platform? Probably, but ****, if we could play with the PC community, at least the online servers wouldn't be a ghost town...

Even with the visuals, the framerate, the smaller number of cars in circuit... having access to a simulator with this level of detail (especially on a wheel) is so worth it. I haven't even touched career mode, mainly because I can never commit to those in the long term, and doing individual races is mostly stress-free. 90% of my playtime is doing 30 minute quick races, starting from the back and seeing how far up the grid I can get. The other 10% is spent online on the occasion I can find a populated lobby that isn't at Monza. The actual driving experience is so good that I've only touched a fraction of the game modes and am completely satisfied with it.

I recommend trying the longer races. Beit in career mode or a single race. That's is such a good experience.

I'm hearing good things about Stefano's progress on the AI work. The next game update(s) should be very interesting.

I have completed the career races. The longest was 8 hour with a full 24 time progression. Awesome really. Shame though that you can't change the difficulty during career. Oh well, it's only a couple of races anyway.

The main dish is that you can do everything want in ACC. And, pretty important, save during a race.

I have completed the career races. The longest was 8 hour with a full 24 time progression. Awesome really. Shame though that you can't change the difficulty during career. Oh well, it's only a couple of races anyway.

The main dish is that you can do everything want in ACC. And, pretty important, save during a race.
I would be more inclined to do actual endurance races if the game supported AI driver swaps like GT4. I'm worried I would save during a race, come back in a day or so, and then immediately **** it up...

This game is the first time I have ever experienced Zolder, and for that I am thankful! I see this game as a girl with a really pretty face, but she’s 50 pounds overweight. The potential is there, but it’ll take a lot of hard work. I won’t be surprised if it’s legit on ps5, and I also won’t be surprised if the oddities and glitches are never fixed.

I never really liked Zolder until this game came along, I'd driven it on PCars and never really had any great passion for the circuit, but in this game with these cars and the driving experience its become a real fun little circuit.

After 10 hours playing ACC I can confirm that game is truly masterpiece. Despite the graphics all other sides are amazing. I'm on SA 50+ now and races are very clean and respectful, great job from developers.

There would be better if we could get race protocol with nationalities, best lap etc. like in real GT races. Hope it will be added later.

Last edited:
Maybe I can get some input (PS4 Pro).

For some reason my ratings are dropping and dropping rapidly, specifically CC and CN. I am actually driving much better, cleaner laps, no bumping, passing safely, consistent times, and winning races.

Racecraft and safety is increasing every few laps. Just getting frustrated about CC and CN.

It feels like the ratings are bugged in general since the GT4’s came out. I’ve just set them to multiplayer only. CC has always been all over the place, CN you need to be ultra consistent to keep that high, SA doesn’t feel like it increases as before, whereas tiny little bumps knocks it down one whole point easy, even when it’s not your fault.

The ratings are the worst part of this game. Enjoy the game so much more with them off in single player. Keep SA yes, but the others aren’t really needed for a hardcore sim. If you’re playing something like this, you most likely know what you’re doing. There are plenty of other less frustrating ways of improving than what the game’s algorithms are telling you.

In short, my advice is to ignore them and just enjoy racing :)

Last edited:
If you're bothered, set your practise rating info to CC or CN, see where you're going wrong and improve.
I find it very difficult to maintain CC above 90 when it's wet, keeps telling me I'm very aggressive or steering too much when the car has the slightest whiff of understeer

I want to come back and do more in this game but not been able to connect to servers since 2 updates ago, Bug report sent but no reply. Perhaps Indonesia is off their grid

I turned the ratings off, because they made me try to drive in a particular manner, rather than in a way that feels cleaner (and more tyre-friendly). I just could not get my head around how the game wants me to drive.

So I may not be driving "the correct way" according to the game, but I'm continuously improving my lap times and getting more and more consistent, so I'd rather stay on that path than drive in a way that "pleases the game".

GENERAL
Issue fixed with disappearing wheels within a race with the BMW M4 GT4
Issue fixed with not being able to move the car after returning from the replay menu in multiplayer
Controller pre-sets can now be deleted
Save data name now displays when trying to erase play data
Stability crashes fixed when playing replays and highlights
Fixed a soft-locking issue when resuming a saved race
Fixed a crash when viewing the final championship leaderboard

Translations for replay menu across multiple languages

UI
Fixed multiple car digital displays / dashboards
Lap counter now displaying correctly
Control bindings fixed within the menu
Driver stints times update on the pitstop panel
In-game delta time has been reverted back to 3 decimal places

PERIPHERALS
Fanatec McLaren GT3 damping fixed when cycling through modes
Crash fixed for reconnecting a Fanatec CSL Elite in a race
Trueforce audio now returns when hotplugging a Logitech G923 wheel
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3 Pedals rumble support

GENERAL
Issue fixed with disappearing wheels within a race with the BMW M4 GT4
Issue fixed with not being able to move the car after returning from the replay menu in multiplayer
Controller pre-sets can now be deleted
Save data name now displays when trying to erase play data
Stability crashes fixed when playing replays and highlights
Fixed a soft-locking issue when resuming a saved race
Fixed a crash when viewing the final championship leaderboard

Translations for replay menu across multiple languages

UI
Fixed multiple car digital displays / dashboards
Lap counter now displaying correctly
Control bindings fixed within the menu
Driver stints times update on the pitstop panel
In-game delta time has been reverted back to 3 decimal places

PERIPHERALS
Fanatec McLaren GT3 damping fixed when cycling through modes
Crash fixed for reconnecting a Fanatec CSL Elite in a race
Trueforce audio now returns when hotplugging a Logitech G923 wheel
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3 Pedals rumble support

What's the thing involving the lap counter? Are the referring to the number right below the -/+ box? Is that supposed to indicate the number of laps you've ran? Because I've noticed it will stay on a relatively low number for almost the entire race.

Last edited:
Back