Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
I can't see PC guys being particularly excited about a console release, especially on PS4. They are probably being sick into a bucket thinking about how bad the visuals will be compared to their supercomputers or worried how this distraction might delay updates to the PC game. Put it this way, i highly doubt anyone already playing ACC will buy the PS4 version.

I popped on those forums too, hoping to find an interview with Kunos but nothing

I can't see PC guys being particularly excited about a console release, especially on PS4. They are probably being sick into a bucket thinking about how bad the visuals will be compared to their supercomputers or worried how this distraction might delay updates to the PC game. Put it this way, i highly doubt anyone already playing ACC will buy the PS4 version.

I popped on those forums too, hoping to find an interview with Kunos but nothing

I imagine this console release will secure investment in the series and only be a benefit to the game.

I just love that static replay cam !!! To those that have ACC on pc, is this replay cam available as well ?
It's the only position I watch my replays. Wish GT would have the same option.

I'm getting greedy... and bit jealous. I needs that WTCR pack from RaceRoom, on console. Plus, ETCR and TCR(Europe and all) on console. Hope Kunos can do it at some stage.

I didn’t know whether to create a new thread for this or not, but I’ll try asking here :)

So I’m a casual racer, I pretty much only play Forza, and occasionally other games like GT Sport, Driveclub, Grid and NFS.

One of my most fav division of cars in Forza, GT Sport and Grid are GT3 cars and so ACC has quite a bit of interest from me!

But I’m afraid it might be a bit to hardcore for me cause I only play on controller and I have assists on and I play for fun :D

So I wanted to ask if this game would be for me, or am I too casual for it? How was the original AC on console, was it good for casuals? Thank you very much for any answers! :cheers:

That's the first Assetto Corsa
Thanks. I did see the #AC on Facebook but I thought/hoped it was a mistake.

I wonder why they would make a new track (The Bend) for an old game? It also has ''Coming soon to home users...''

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I didn’t know whether to create a new thread for this or not, but I’ll try asking here :)

So I’m a casual racer, I pretty much only play Forza, and occasionally other games like GT Sport, Driveclub, Grid and NFS.

One of my most fav division of cars in Forza, GT Sport and Grid are GT3 cars and so ACC has quite a bit of interest from me!

But I’m afraid it might be a bit to hardcore for me cause I only play on controller and I have assists on and I play for fun :D

So I wanted to ask if this game would be for me, or am I too casual for it? How was the original AC on console, was it good for casuals? Thank you very much for any answers! :cheers:
I’ve personally become a filthy casual in recent years and if my experience with pCARS 1 & 2 as well AC is anything to go by while playing with assists on I’d say ACC should be no different in that regard. I’ve had a blast on both games, whether it’s hot lapping or racing against the AI in the GT cars.

You have to remember that these games are made with a wheel in mind first and foremost, so proper controller settings out of the box will always appear as an afterthought.

I've put a couple hours into ACC using a controller and found it worked surprisingly well with the default settings. Granted controller support isn't as good as games like GT, but I found controlling cars to much easier than Project Cars (I can't say how it compares to the original AC as I've never played it with a pad). The only issue I can see is there not being enough buttons for all the commands.

There are also the usual assortment of assists you would expect like traction control, stability control and best line.

So for your question as to whether the game would be right for you, I would say if you can handle the GT3 cars in a game like Forza or GT the learning curve shouldn't be too bad in ACC.

MXH
I’ve personally become a filthy casual in recent years and if my experience with pCARS 1 & 2 as well AC is anything to go by while playing with assists on I’d say ACC should be no different in that regard. I’ve had a blast on both games, whether it’s hot lapping or racing against the AI in the GT cars.

You have to remember that these games are made with a wheel in mind first and foremost, so proper controller settings out of the box will always appear as an afterthought.

I've put a couple hours into ACC using a controller and found it worked surprisingly well with the default settings. Granted controller support isn't as good as games like GT, but I found controlling cars to much easier than Project Cars (I can't say how it compares to the original AC as I've never played it with a pad). The only issue I can see is there not being enough buttons for all the commands.

There are also the usual assortment of assists you would expect like traction control, stability control and best line.

So for your question as to whether the game would be right for you, I would say if you can handle the GT3 cars in a game like Forza or GT the learning curve shouldn't be too bad in ACC.
Thank you very much both of you for your answers, I really appreciate it!

I’m more than willing to learn and adapt to ACC coming from Forza and GT as long as it’s not too hard to do, because the game just looks so awesome!

I’ve been wanting a track racer with a good single player career for ages, and I really like that it has all the new GT3 cars which Forza and GT are lacking, so roll on June, can’t wait! :D

a good single player career for ages

I will say that this is an area where the game falls a little behind. Granted what it has for a career mode isn’t bad, it does feel pretty much like championship mode with less options. Hopefully they redo the mode once the British and GT4 packs get released.

Having said that, championship mode is decent and even though you are restricted to official calendars you can format the rounds any way you want.

Let me put it this way, the Ferrari 458 Gr.3 is one of the hardest cars to drive in GT Sport. In ACC, the equivalent car (488 GT3) is a dream to drive, it's almost telephatic. Realistic physics isn't hard, it's intuitive 👍 In fact, I'd say that for a beginner driving at 80-90% is easier in AC/ACC than GT/Forza because the cars respond to your inputs in a way that makes sense. If you spin out, usually you can tell you've made a mistake and it's not some idiosyncrasy with the physics engine. Of course if you're chasing for world record times, then ACC is harder because of all the minutiae of physics details, but neither you and I are that level so don't worry about it :P Don't get me started on wet driving as well. In GT it feels like driving a bar of soap. In ACC, grip is less but you can still feel the rubber on tarmac sensation. It's amazing.

Controller wise, I remember playing rFactor with a keyboard for the long time before getting a wheel. With some calibration fine tuning and appropriate driving aids, it's really no harder than any other racing game. The cars in ACC all have ABS/TCS and they are tuned to make the driving easier, just like in real life, so no shame in using them.

Who knows, maybe this might also be the motivation you need to finally get a wheel ;) And don't worry about the master race, you don't need to spend huge amounts. Even the humble Logitech wheels are more than enough. I posted in another thread that playing ACC with my G25, still gives much better FFB than playing GT Sport with T-GT.

Thanks. I did see the #AC on Facebook but I thought/hoped it was a mistake.

I wonder why they would make a new track (The Bend) for an old game? It also has ''Coming soon to home users...''

View attachment 903484

It's an unofficial mod. Official DLC for AC ended a long time ago.

Last edited:
It's an unofficial mod. Official DLC for AC ended a long time ago.
I know support ended for AC a long time ago hence my reference of it being an old game and thinking the #AC was a mistake. It's mainly the ''coming soon to home users'' and the #laserscanned that makes me think this isn't the mod.

I know The Bend was laser scanned for ''an exciting future project'' also with #simracing in 2018.

I know support ended for AC a long time ago hence my reference of it being an old game and thinking the #AC was a mistake. It's mainly the ''coming soon to home users'' and the #laserscanned that makes me think this isn't the mod.

I know The Bend was laser scanned for ''an exciting future project'' also with #simracing in 2018.

It looks like a professionally done mod then. Probably will be paymod and/or exclusive to The Bend group members judging by previous similar projects with other tracks. Fingers crossed I'm wrong though.

The HUD in the previous video you posted is definitely AC. That's your clue right there ;)

It takes the essence of GT3 cars and does it excellently. Easy enough to drive at a reasonable pace, but hard to get every single tenth, hundredth and thousandth out of. 488 is a dream to drive, especially at Spa just on the default aggressive setup. Some cars are a little more difficult to drive straight off however, but they all feel different and genuinely unique.

Let me put it this way, the Ferrari 458 Gr.3 is one of the hardest cars to drive in GT Sport. In ACC, the equivalent car (488 GT3) is a dream to drive, it's almost telephatic. Realistic physics isn't hard, it's intuitive 👍 In fact, I'd say that for a beginner driving at 80-90% is easier in AC/ACC than GT/Forza because the cars respond to your inputs in a way that makes sense. If you spin out, usually you can tell you've made a mistake and it's not some idiosyncrasy with the physics engine. Of course if you're chasing for world record times, then ACC is harder because of all the minutiae of physics details, but neither you and I are that level so don't worry about it :P Don't get me started on wet driving as well. In GT it feels like driving a bar of soap. In ACC, grip is less but you can still feel the rubber on tarmac sensation. It's amazing.

Controller wise, I remember playing rFactor with a keyboard for the longest time. With some calibration fine tuning and appropriate driving aids, it's really no harder than any other racing game. The cars in ACC all have ABS/TCS and they are tuned to make the driving easier, just like in real life, so no shame in using them.

Who knows, maybe this might also be the motivation you need to finally get a wheel ;) And don't worry about the master race, you don't need to spend huge amounts. Even the humble Logitech wheels are more than enough. I posted in another thread that playing ACC with my G25, gives much better FFB than playing GT Sport with T-GT.
Good read mate :cheers:. I am really thinking about buying this game when it comes out on the PS4, because I heard that the physics are a lot better in ACC than on GT Sport, and I just hope that the next new game from PD are like the driving physics like in ACC ?.

I will say that this is an area where the game falls a little behind. Granted what it has for a career mode isn’t bad, it does feel pretty much like championship mode with less options. Hopefully they redo the mode once the British and GT4 packs get released.

Having said that, championship mode is decent and even though you are restricted to official calendars you can format the rounds any way you want.
Tbh that sounds exactly like what I want, from what I’ve seen the career mode is similar to Codemasters F1 games where it’s just an official championship with rounds at different tracks.

I always wanted something like that with GT race cars, as I never really cared for F1 and its games, so ACC just sounds absolutely perfect in that regard, thank you again!

Controller wise, I remember playing rFactor with a keyboard for the longest time. With some calibration fine tuning and appropriate driving aids, it's really no harder than any other racing game. The cars in ACC all have ABS/TCS and they are tuned to make the driving easier, just like in real life, so no shame in using them.

Who knows, maybe this might also be the motivation you need to finally get a wheel ;) And don't worry about the master race, you don't need to spend huge amounts. Even the humble Logitech wheels are more than enough. I posted in another thread that playing ACC with my G25, gives much better FFB than playing GT Sport with T-GT.
Thank you very much for such a detailed response, I really appreciate it and it def made me decide that ACC is a game I very much want to play :cheers:

I’ve been wanting to get a wheel for some time now but unfortunately my current living situation doesn’t allow for one, but I’m hoping in the not so distant future to move and finally get a wheel! :D

I’ve been wanting to get a wheel for some time now but unfortunately my current living situation doesn’t allow for one, but I’m hoping in the not so distant future to move and finally get a wheel! :D
Get a wheel as soon as you can Justuxful. It's really the ideal for racing games and heightens appreciation and enjoyment so much more.
I started off with a controller myself but since being a wheel user I just cannot go back.

I know there is a save option when you're out on track, so I would say yes... But I've never needed to stop a race early, but I can find out in a bit for you and message you
Offline - yes you can.

Oh that is just awesome!!! Finally I will be able to do long distance races like they should. I love this feature in Codie's F1 games.

Supra has just been added to the European GT4 Series car . With 17 cars available(two being the BMW M4 & Ekris M4), the Kunos reveal stating +10 "new" cars, wonder if it's in addition to cars that were in AC1.

When it's mentioned as "new", is that speak as in new to Assetto Corsa Competizione? The GT4 ACC DLC could include the Cayman, Maserati and Lotus from AC1. Those would be "new" to ACC.

Also, hope TCR cars can make it in at some point.
There were plenty of people complaining about the stream on both YouTube and Facebook - Race 2 lag was even worse. I believe this championship has promise, but those issues made me appreciate how polished the GT World Tours and the recent IndyCar iRacing Challenge event looked by comparison.

It appears that TCR Europe are jumping onto the e-racing scene as well (clip at 0:59 suggests they'll be using Assetto Corsa as the simulation software).

You console folks are getting your wish!

There’s just one small downfall to this... the site suggests we can already pre-order the game for ps4to ensure we can get the dlc etc, but living in Canada, were not seeing anything on the ps store allowing us to preorder it and capitalize on the dlc etc... ;(. It only keeps show the old assetto corsa game from years ago... sigh... will this game even be coming to Canada/US? Or it this going to only be a eur title for consoles... ?

Sorry guys, there are a lot of pages already in this thread and I just want to know if the pre-order will be available on the PS Store.
TIA
I just noticed this post, and posted something similar just seconds ago, as I can’t see it on my Canadian ps store yet... :(
Looks like it’s back to pc2 for now...

This is the best news today. I hope base PS4 will run it well enough. Definitely getting it.
I can’t see it being bad quality... as the YouTube sim guy, boost media I think, did a comparison of pc2 against assetto corsa competizione...and if pc2 can pull off spectacular cars, physics, shading, etc, and that was for a 2017/18 title, then kunos should definitely be able to... or that won’t be saying much about the game... crossing my fingers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back