Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Good news for console peeps. GT3 isn't even my favourite car class but the driving in ACC is just so sublime I can drive for laps and laps and only stop when the fuel tank is empty :lol: You'll finally understand what we mean when we say "GTS is good but still far from realistic". On that note, once you try driving in ACC it'll completely ruin Gr.3 cars in GTS for you so beware ;)

ACC is best enjoyed with a wheel but let's face it, the majority of console players aren't going to have one.
Even AC ruins the handling and FFB of GTS for me! :lol:

You're right, the majority of console players won't have a wheel. But I'd like to think the majority of console players with a wheel would be interested in this game. 👍

I started playing the old AC again just to get a feel for the physics, it really blows GTS (my main racing game) out of the water. My only gripe is it feels shallow, but the driving is sooo good. I love how focused ACC is, I don't mind if I can only drive GT3 or GT4s. I think once I play acc it will pretty much ruin gr3 in GTS for me.

Visually I think this game will transfer very well to current gen consoles as we have seen they can run the Unreal 4 engine very well indeed - even better on the enhanced consoles of course.

My concern though is the weak CPUs on the base consoles. I wonder how much of the engine will need to be altered to make up for the lack of CPU throughput on the consoles.

Can't wait to find out!

If we do get a somewhat stripped out version of ACC on current gen then I really hope Kunos follow up straight away with a PC-identical version of the game on PS5 and Series X - with the full cross platform play that such identical game engines would allow!

Just watched a youtube vid of acc replay from motogamestv dated june 2019, of the porsche 911 g3 2017.

Looks really nice, but the sounds dissapointed me honestly, thought it be no more gamey digital sound and more real feel. The doppler effect wasn't sharp too. Like you can hear the digital samples.

I don't know, was expecting/hoping for much better, especially people saying it's the best and so amazing and a big step up.
Unless it's the video itself causing this but i doubt it.
Hmm well now watched one from Sim Racing SK of a lambo on spa, on epic max. Sounds much better, maybe it's the pc the other guy's video is using causing slower less good sound. He was on medium settings.

The epic looked really good, i don't know if I'd call it nextgen though, with cardboard fixed crowds hehe, i know that's not important detail but just shows..

The cockpit sounds were really pretty good.
Hoping nextgen it can be natural sounds full of presence. Just watching a real lambo gt3 video from external cams you can see what it could be.

Last edited:
Pre-order done
Screenshot_20200316-233815_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I think if it'll run on medium pc settings on console with AI reduced to max 16. I'll be perfectly happy with that. Drivingmodel must be kept alive though :)

That would be great. But i hope for 24 cars to have it more "close" to real GT3 racing. But with 16 cars it would be good enough.

Maybe it is planned at later date.

I really hope we will get PS5 upgrade with full VR support. It seems that PS5 have enough power to do this.
I can tell you the headset needs to be close to the performance of the Index. I have a Rift S and it is not near where it needs to be for ACC. If Sony can develop one between the Rift S and the Valve Index, it should be "OK"

I have just been over to the official ACC forum after a long hiatus. Buzzing with excitement about the imminent console release it is very not. Couldn't find a single thing about it :rolleyes:. Wanted to read all the posts from the PC chaps about how terribly happy they were for all us console peeps.

Day 1 buy for me as will be a PS5 with all it's abilities which I trust and hope Kunos took into account while developing ACC for console.

I have just been over to the official ACC forum after a long hiatus. Buzzing with excitement about the imminent console release it is very not. Couldn't find a single thing about it :rolleyes:. Wanted to read all the posts from the PC chaps about how terribly happy they were for all us console peeps.

Day 1 buy for me as will be a PS5 with all it's abilities which I trust and hope Kunos took into account while developing ACC for console.

Well at least we shared the excitement :D over there :cheers:

Did you just talk like Yoda? Lol

Back