Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

Yeah but I noticed it said PS4 Pro at 1080p and the base PS4 is supposed to be 1080p...The pro should be upscaled to 1800p and the X should be native 4K.
PS 4 Pro has 2 modes.

1080p with improved graphic/details
And 1800p upscaling to 4k without improved graphic/details

Xbox one X is only 4K with the same improved graphic/details as PS4 Pro 1080p mode.

Base PS4 is 1080p without improved graphic/details (obviously)
And base Xbox one is 900p without improved graphic/details

All running at 30 fps

PS 4 Pro has 2 modes.

1080p with improved graphic/details
And 1800p upscaling to 4k without improved graphic/details

Xbox one X is only 4K with the same improved graphic/details as PS4 Pro 1080p mode.

Base PS4 is 1080p without improved graphic/details (obviously)
And base Xbox one is 900p without improved graphic/details

All running at 30 fps
So your saying The Xbox one X version will be the best one to get?

I'd say so. Even if you don't have a 4k TV or monitor it will be 4k supersampled when displayed in 1080P with all the graphical enhancements.

Edit: And if MS are to believed the frame rate on backward compatibility titles could be doubled, so play on an SX, possible 60fps...

Has to be the best version yes... native 4K with the improved graphics/details.

It's quite logical,it's also the most capable console of the 4.

If I would have Xbox one X and wheel and PS4 Pro and wheel I would Go for the Xbox one X version without doubts

I'd say so. Even if you don't have a 4k TV or monitor it will be 4k supersampled when displayed in 1080P with all the graphical enhancements.

Edit: And if MS are to believed the frame rate on backward compatibility titles could be doubled, so play on an SX, possible 60fps...
True. Same with PlayStation as we've seen with boost mode. However, games with a locked framerate will need a patch from the devs in order for the newer consoles to be able to boost them.

Most of these blokes that are posting their contempt for 30 FPS, etc and getting refunds, will eat their words sooner or later on ACC.

That’s how forums work. Posters beat their chests and complain loudly, but eat their words silently.

It’s beyond me how anyone can make a buy vs not buy decision without having even seen enough footage or a review.

Thats exactly the point though, had 505 actually done their job and promoted the game we'd have lots of video and information, not the utter shambles that they have done. The lack of commitment from both is a much bigger deal than 30fps imho. The complete apathy from both parties is concerning because if this does badly on console (and given the poor release its more than possible) they could easily decide to abandon it... no point throwing good money after bad from a business perspective.

Next gen version/patch would almost certainly cost money, all the DLC for the game does and given they are planned through the end of this year you could easily be looking at the end of next year for a patch/re-release. By which time its quite possible Forza / GT7 will have steamrolled it.

I see posts here and elsewhere about how Ari is a good guy and really invested in what he's doing - I don't doubt it, just makes this farce even more confusing and frustrating

Geez!! I am literally bored of reading the same comments over and over and over saying the same old nonsense “Kunos or 505 don’t care about console users” blah blah...

Do you really believe they thought let’s release on console and not give a damn if it turns out to be below the experience you’d get on PC?

I guess you must be a bit naive, you see its this thing called money, do a port, stick it out on console, spend an absolute minimum and then expect punters to buy it based on nothing but the name. Its a lazy attitude from the publisher.

The onboard gameplay looks good to me. Replay pretty stutterey but for me not a deal breaker, i don't race to watch amazing replays. And things might improve a few patches down the line too.
Replays look fairly comparable to PC2 ones to me, not amazing but pretty decent.

This footage is a much better representation overall which is good.

True. Same with PlayStation as we've seen with boost mode. However, games with a locked framerate will need a patch from the devs in order for the newer consoles to be able to boost them.

Actually maybe not, MS said in an article I read that for backward compatibility as well as offering higher resolutions & HDR they are going to double frame rates, so 30-60 60-120 etc. Whether this is for just for certain games remains to be seen but fingers crossed it's across the board.

As said before that current gen hardware is crap. And tbh as concole user you are not used to 30fps ?
30fps is fine in most arcade racers like Horizon, NFS, The Crew. But for serious simulation like this 30fps is going to be a disaster. A player needs precise control and 30fps is not enough no matter how much people defend it.

Which is the 4th DLC? We got IGTC, GT4 and British GT.
The website where I pre-ordered ACC says that we will get 4 DLC. What could they mean? A GT World Challenge Asia DLC or its just an error?! GTWC ASIA would be awesome! :D

You know what the best thing about this lead in to the release has been.. Besides cleaning my ps4 so it stops annoying me with it's fan.. I've been doing lap after lap on the original Asseto Corsa and that's still one hell of a sim on the OG ps4. Still makes GT Sport and Project cars 2 look and feel completely silly

You know what the best thing about this lead in to the release has been.. Besides cleaning my ps4 so it stops annoying me with it's fan.. I've been doing lap after lap on the original Asseto Corsa and that's still one hell of a sim on the OG ps4. Still makes GT Sport and Project cars 2 look and feel completely silly
Absolutely agree. I’ve fallen in love with it all over again. What an fantastic gem of a sim.

someone posted some controller settings, I think it was jtheripper, and they’re so damn good. I always struggled with finding the right settings but these make the game incredibly enjoyable.

I can’t wait for tue. And I’m glad I started playing this again. It’s been fun to compare the same gt3 cars and tracks in this and GT Sport and pCARS2.
Nothing beats the feel of this IMO.

Absolutely agree. I’ve fallen in love with it all over again. What an fantastic gem of a sim.

someone posted some controller settings, I think it was jtheripper, and they’re so damn good. I always struggled with finding the right settings but these make the game incredibly enjoyable.

I can’t wait for tue. And I’m glad I started playing this again. It’s been fun to compare the same gt3 cars and tracks in this and GT Sport and pCARS2.
Nothing beats the feel of this IMO.

please could you share those settings

Back