Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

You can easily check this out by watching the gameplay on a big screen. That is miles behind even from Assetto Corsas smoothness.
For who and with what purposes are these people doing these videos? Many of them have none to little criticism. It seems the simracing bar is being lowered significantly at the moment.
It's worth bearing in mind that anyone with a wheel probably spent zero time messing with the controller settings. That does look really bad though and should not be that piss poor on default. Even though this game is made for a wheel there is no excuse for poor controller implementation on console after their experience with AC. I will reserve judgement until release day.

Thanks I appreciate it, definitely helped improve the game Ive been tinkering for a good few hours with it again, with a bit of luck the new game will only need minor tinkering if any fingers crossed.
Here are the ones I use, lancia delta hf posted them (thank you again!!!)

Vibration intensity 100%
Speed Sensitivity 100%
Steering Speed 0%
Steering Deadzone 2%
Steering filter 0%
Steering gamma 2.7

They've made a world of difference for me. Give 'em a go, see if they work with what you're looking for.

Well you best tell what what is easier? because I'm always looking for something easy, I like how that car is so stable and correctable in a slide, it doesn't have enough power to get you in too much trouble, some of the others are too peaky for controller usage. The Shelby for example !, it's a problem. here's a video from when I was learning the track last week and getting able to use the controller

Vibration intensity 100%
Speed Sensitivity 100%
Steering Speed 0%
Steering Deadzone 2%
Steering filter 0%
Steering gamma 2.7

They've made a world of difference for me. Give 'em a go, see if they work with what you're looking for.

I second these @lancia delta hf settings, made the game playable for me.

Vibration intensity 100%
Speed Sensitivity 100%
Steering Speed 0%
Steering Deadzone 2%
Steering filter 0%
Steering gamma 2.7

That works well thanks for that, Its surprising having changed the values so many times (even to the extremes of each one) how hard it is to dial in. Im itching to know the GT planet verdict of the new game with a pad...

That works well thanks for that, Its surprising having changed the values so many times (even to the extremes of each one) how hard it is to dial in. Im itching to know the GT planet verdict of the new game with a pad...
Tell me about it, I constantly tweaked them and could never really land on ones that made it feel this good. I eventually moved on to pCARS and GT Sport and stopped playing it entirely until recently. Now it's my preferred game, until tomorrow hopefully.

You can only do what you can do with the hardware and still keep the physics. The game could run at 10 frames a second and still be a considerably better sim than GT Sport, that is the point. Simulators above 30 frames a second hasn't been a thing for all that long even GP Legends was never 60 fps on release or anywhere near release and it was still the best thing anyone had even seen. We are pretty lucky to have a few good sims on the consoles now. You don't _NEED_ 60 frames on any kind of simulator, you need a good simulation. When you need 60 frames is on a Vertical Cave shooter in the Arcades.
This probably is ok for you then.

listening to the audio on that eau rouge stutter clip... all I heard was you have a drive thru penalty and need to pit for damage repairs, hope that can be turned off as an option... realism is fine some of the time... I just hope you can customise it, for when you fancy a casual session offline. Dirt 2's Achilles heal was you couldnt choose to turn off damage getting a puncture is height of dullness lol

Que its a sim comments...

That looks better but I’d hope for seat adjustment and field of view as a matter of urgency.
I play on 42” screen about a metre away, using fov at 33 in ac.

UKTech dudes point about FOV is true. If this game is taxing these machines to hit 30 fps I wouldn't expect to see fov added. There is a reason Forza and GT dont do this. It effects the processing.

Only a wider field of view is more taxing due to more rendering.
Most that want fov adjustment want narrow adjustment which is less rendering.

This by far is the best console version,didn't notice any frame drops and it's in the rain,looks smooth to me and great graphics...

Latest Posts

Back