Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

They mentioned not having looked at next gen yet.

don’t set yourself up for disappointment. Enjoy What’s here now, or Don’t.

No way that any business would not look a next gen.

They obviously already have a plan in place but if they announce it publically a lot of people might delay purchasing the game at launch and wait for a ps5 update/release.

It's a PR stunt.

I would however love if when the ps5 is released ACC would work on the next gen console using the same disc but with perform performance. One can hope... :)

I preordered and I'm not canceling it. The game isn't expensive, so we'll see how it works.

Everyone is wondering how it'll run on their PS4 or Pro, or One X. Meanwhile, I've just got a One S. I've been enjoying PC2, so I figured I'd give ACC a try as well.

PC2 runs poorly in the Xbox One S. It's optimized for the X with different options for graphics or FPS.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/18/inside-xbox-one-x-enhanced-project-cars-2/

This Graphical Bias comes with three options. The first is GRAPHICSBIAS_ENHANCEDVISUALS which effectively allows for 1440p (2560×1440) with all shadows, track and vehicles, and rear-view mirror details set to as high as possible. The second option, GRAPHICSBIAS_ENHANCEDRESOLUTION, expands the resolution to 3K (2880×1620) and automatically balances the details to compensate for the big increase in resolution. Both these options may dip into the dynamic scaling a little more than the final and third Graphical Bias option, GRAPHICSBIAS_ENHANCEDFRAMERATE, which is in 1080p with all settings using dynamic scaling to ensure the framerate remains at 60 fps as much as possible.

They could do something like this in ACC..

Last edited by a moderator:
Bear in mind that Kunos are a dedicated but still rather small team. Of course they have looked at next gen, but probably do not have a solid plan for it yet.

I hope they work on AC2 instead of rehashing things.

gta-grand-theft-auto-trilogy-then-and-now-gta-v-for-ps3-ps4-ps5-playstation.jpg

I would think they had to get it out before the cut off date like pc3 or they would have to have it working day 1 on ps5 with all the extra work needed the cost and time need could be the issue. Not a huge gt3 fan anyway so a game with just that series isn't high on my list of must have's and the tracks aren't the most fun for me either and my eyes can feel the strain with some games @ 30fps so its a matter of waiting to see how it runs on my pro. A nice little ps5 patch so its running 60+fps with a better draw distance and maybe a larger field of cars would be fine just like upgrading my pc its nice when you get to push them sliders just that bit more :)

PS5 and Series X will surely get a whole new game - a direct port of the PC version at least.

If next gen just gets a "patch" that will be a huge disappointment.
I am pretty sure they would get this working on ps5 with some improvements just like you would get from a pc upgrade. A whole new game maybe ? but what about a VR supported version hmmm that would be cool i wonder if they could even get pc2 working on a ps5 i know they wouldn't but can the new hardware cope ? i was close to buying a headset for the pro but put off buying until all the console wars settle and we see whats planned for VR a new headset must be in the works?

ACC is made for modern gaming PC something like i7 9700k / 16GB RAM / 2070 rtx

So how a 2013 PS4 can cope with that monstrous requirements ?
I bet less than 5% of PC gamers have a spec like that, but yes the point stands that the game was developed originally on higher end hardware than the 2013 current gen consoles.

I think that before making the port of the game for PS5 and Series X, Kunos will put Raytracing in the PC version with the launch of the new Nvidia RTX 3000 graphics cards now that the technology is more established.

For that reason they have probably said that at the moment they have no plans for the new consoles.

I bet less than 5% of PC gamers have a spec like that, but yes the point stands that the game was developed originally on higher end hardware than the 2013 current gen consoles.
This game is like Crysis, it is designed to take advantage of future hardware rather than current hardware.

I think they will made PS5 version some day... ACC will be still supported when PS5/XSX will comes out. I doubt they won't try to make it on PS5/XSX in one year time or so.

I think it is inevitable. As I've mentioned before, they also said no PS4 version, all whilst working on it. Also said no other cars, then GT4 was announced a couple months later.
They are pretty good at adding stuff if enough people ask for it.
They won't announce anything though until they are 100% sure it will work and can be done.

The replay video is a bad joke. Stuttering everywhere and twitchy movements, like someone playing the Game who has never played a racing game before.

The worst part is that the developers are seriously using this as marketing for the console version

It doesn't look bad to be honest. I think the first gameplays suffered from not interesting time of day. I wonder how it will look on PS4 during sunset/rain etc.

I remember before I bought my PS4 i was playing Project Cars 1 on my laptop it was running in 30 fps on low details and it was pretty playable. I still had lot of fun. ACC in 30fps will do in my opinion :)

I think they will made PS5 version some day... ACC will be still supported when PS5/XSX will comes out. I doubt they won't try to make it on PS5/XSX in one year time or so.
I won't put my hand into fire for this...
Lot of people asked an upgrade update for PS4 Pro with the original AC, adding a bit more details, graphics and more solid framerate...and they never did.

Thanks to the boost mode of PS4 Pro the framerate is more stable with AC,but nothing was improved,nor getted a patch.
Even a lot off bugs reported never get fixed, while on PC version they've been fixed.

Seems even that they didn't learn a lesson from AC... cause ACC comes to console without private online lobbies..
Hopefully we don't have to ask for it day after day during one year to see them implement it like AC old days

Some PS4 Pro footage...

This looks pretty good, in my opinion. Obviously, graphics are not on par with PC, but I don't have a PC with the requirements to run ACC at the moment, so I'm willing to accept the compromises to be able to enjoy the sim. At least, I'm happy they decided to compromise on the graphics and not on the physics and other features.

Wonder what the standard ps4 version looks like...

Oh well still getting it regardless :) I thought AC was perfectly playable on a standard ps4.

My main issues were with UI, steering wheel integration and menu glitches so as long as they are not present in ACC and it runs similar to AC I will be more than happy.

Would be great to see an gameplay like the last one on standard PS4 to see the real difference between 1080p standard PS4 and the improved1080p of PS4 Pro.

Night and rain gameplay would also be welcomed to see how the framerate goes in those conditions
I believe Aris confirmed no rain on his FB today, bit of a shame.

Supposed to be the same as this gameplay but in 4K accorded what they specified in the FaQ
Yeah but I noticed it said PS4 Pro at 1080p and the base PS4 is supposed to be 1080p...The pro should be upscaled to 1800p and the X should be native 4K.

After seeing the PS4 version ,I'm on the fence of what version to get,I have a Xbox one X and a standard PS4..that PS4 video looked pretty good except for the random tree pop in,that doesn't really matter to me..

I have seen that video on my 55 inch TV and I think it looks horrible. Lots of shimmering in the trees and LOD Pop in.
Yeah the trees look weird,pop in screen tearing,but that's not a big deal,won't even notice in cockpit view..

Back