Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

I have some usable controller settings that work with some cars well (but not all cars). It's not really a game that's well made for the controller but you can get it usable (with some practice). I'll post them here in a few hours when the kids stop watching youtube on it.

thanks i appreciate it I gave up on it ages ago could never get it were it needed to be... that experience has made me paranoid about the new game hopefully its better?

thanks i appreciate it I gave up on it ages ago could never get it were it needed to be... that experience has made me paranoid about the new game hopefully its better?

I'm sure the new game will have those sorted in a better way.

Here's the settings I'm currently on.. I've moved them around a fair bit in the past but been on this lot for a while now. I recomend you drive the yellow Lamborghini Gallardo Sl around the Barcelona Moto track until you can powerslide that track without crashing. It's possible with a controller, might take you a few days practice though. but it's one of the more easy cars to drive in the game. I put all the assists off other than throttle blip and abs and drive it with the right thumb stick for throttle and brake, left for steering and r2 l2 for the gears.

Vibration intensity 50%
Speed Sensitivity 50%
Steering Deadzone 3%
Steering Speed 50%
Steering filter 50%
Steering gamma 1.7

I'll let you know how I get on with ACC, hopefully should have it by the end of the week. I'll try it with controller and wheel and OG ps4 and a ps4 pro.

I'm sure the new game will have those sorted in a better way.

Here's the settings I'm currently on.. I've moved them around a fair bit in the past but been on this lot for a while now. I recomend you drive the yellow Lamborghini Gallardo Sl around the Barcelona Moto track until you can powerslide that track without crashing. It's possible with a controller, might take you a few days practice though. but it's one of the more easy cars to drive in the game. I put all the assists off other than throttle blip and abs and drive it with the right thumb stick for throttle and brake, left for steering and r2 l2 for the gears.

Vibration intensity 50%
Speed Sensitivity 50%
Steering Deadzone 3%
Steering Speed 50%
Steering filter 50%
Steering gamma 1.7

I'll let you know how I get on with ACC, hopefully should have it by the end of the week. I'll try it with controller and wheel and OG ps4 and a ps4 pro.

Thanks I appreciate it, definitely helped improve the game Ive been tinkering for a good few hours with it again, with a bit of luck the new game will only need minor tinkering if any fingers crossed.

Absolutely agree. I’ve fallen in love with it all over again. What an fantastic gem of a sim.

someone posted some controller settings, I think it was jtheripper, and they’re so damn good. I always struggled with finding the right settings but these make the game incredibly enjoyable.

I can’t wait for tue. And I’m glad I started playing this again. It’s been fun to compare the same gt3 cars and tracks in this and GT Sport and pCARS2.
Nothing beats the feel of this IMO.
Well thanks but it wasn't me for sure as i only use a wheel in ac, a g29 on std ps4. You're missing out on alot with a pad though, especially on a genuine sim like ac.
I agree with you, nicefrog and anyone who can see it, it's on another level on console as genuine sims go.

Edit: but the gallardo is far from one of the easiest to drive lol, on a wheel at least.

Last edited:
Well thanks but it wasn't me for sure as i only use a wheel in ac, a g29 on std ps4. You're missing out on alot with a pad though, especially on a genuine sim like ac.
I agree with you, nicefrog and anyone who can see it, it's on another level on console as genuine sims go.

Edit: but the gallardo is far from one of the easiest to drive lol, on a wheel at least.

Well you best tell what what is easier? because I'm always looking for something easy, I like how that car is so stable and correctable in a slide, it doesn't have enough power to get you in too much trouble, some of the others are too peaky for controller usage. The Shelby for example !, it's a problem. here's a video from when I was learning the track last week and getting able to use the controller

Last edited:
Well you best tell what what is easier?, I like how that car is so stable and correctable in a slide, it doesn't have enough power to get you in too much trouble, some of the others are too peaky for controller usage. The Shelby for example !, it's a problem. here's a video from when I was learning the track last week and getting able to use the controller

Hehe yeah that's pretty good, but often games are different with a pad or a wheel.
Someone i know here was doing fine with a controller then tried it with a wheel and struggled to even do 1 clean lap in comparison.
Well i dont know, maybe you're practiced at drifting but it's far from one of the easiest with a wheel. I like it and all cars in ac, just saying there's many many easier in ac to control for sure with a wheel at least.
Cheers.

Hehe yeah that's pretty good, but often games are different with a pad or a wheel.
Someone i know here was doing fine with a controller then tried it with a wheel and struggled to even do 1 clean lap in comparison.
Well i dont know, maybe you're practiced at drifting but it's far from one of the easiest with a wheel. I like it and all cars in ac, just saying there's many many easier in ac to control for sure with a wheel at least.
Cheers.

I have a G29, but it's just not living at my house, I have too many kids to fit them and a wheel inside right now.. So I don't get to use it very often at the moment with the whole corona lack of movement. I will buy a fanatec when the PS5 comes out and have it here if I can make some room by then. Assetto corsa is much harder with a controller at least I think so, it's only just doable really and I wasn't even sure it was possible for the first couple hours but I kept at it. As of today I'm hardly ever crashing it.

I picked it up much faster when I first got the game and was using the wheel. GT Sport isn't much difference between controller and wheel for me, I can go within about 1.5 seconds of a wheel time with the controller on that and have been able to do that since the GT2 days. But that's always had a really good controller setup. Still I would honestly rather drive one lap of Assetto Corsa and crash with a controller than do 100 on the wheel on GT Sport, since GT hasn't got much feedback anyway. Assetto is so much more stressful, In a good way. You cant really see on the replay but I'm doing billions of corrections on the controller to keep even that Lamborghini going forwards.. Dirt rally 2.0 is really good on the controller also, it's not as good as a wheel.. But it's setup well for controllers. Project cars 2... mmm it's kinda in the Assetto realm.. Doable.. (just) I like driving the old Lotus F1 on on Project cars.. Oh hey that's another car I like to drive on Assetto the Maserati 250F 12 cylinder, that's another one that drives nicely just slightly over the limit.

I have a G29, but it's just not living at my house, I have too many kids to fit them and a wheel inside right now.. So I don't get to use it very often at the moment with the whole corona lack of movement. I will buy a fanatec when the PS5 comes out and have it here if I can make some room by then. Assetto corsa is much harder with a controller at least I think so, it's only just doable really and I wasn't even sure it was possible for the first couple hours but I kept at it. As of today I'm hardly ever crashing it.

I picked it up much faster when I first got the game and was using the wheel. GT Sport isn't much difference between controller and wheel for me, I can go within about 1.5 seconds of a wheel time with the controller on that and have been able to do that since the GT2 days. But that's always had a really good controller setup. Still I would honestly rather drive one lap of Assetto Corsa and crash with a controller than do 100 on the wheel on GT Sport, since GT hasn't got much feedback anyway. Assetto is so much more stressful, In a good way. You cant really see on the replay but I'm doing billions of corrections on the controller to keep even that Lamborghini going forwards.. Dirt rally 2.0 is really good on the controller also, it's not as good as a wheel.. But it's setup well for controllers. Project cars 2... mmm it's kinda in the Assetto realm.. Doable.. (just) I like driving the old Lotus F1 on on Project cars.. Oh hey that's another car I like to drive on Assetto the Maserati 250F 12 cylinder, that's another one that drives nicely just slightly over the limit.

Well also the cobra isn't peaky at all, it's the reverse, it's grunty with lots of torque even at lower revs. It's a light car with a heavy v8 front engine too so it easily power oversteers for sure, but it's easier to control on drift than the gallardo with a wheel, just need feather the throttle. I dont mean it's an easy car to drive, just easier to do slow drifts with a wheel and pedals at least.
Edit: it sure is one of the most fun cars in ac with a wheel, all are fun to push of course.

Yes the maseratis are nice, all cars in ac.
Also i love the fantasy tracks they added, much better for racing or driving fast than the bit ridiculous ones in pc2.
All 3 variations of black cat and 4 of highlands are nice. Plus run smooth and clean.

Last edited:
My copy of ACC has a tracking number and leaves on the truck tomorrow, hope you all get yours soon also !:) Quite a few videos of people playing it on base model PS4's on youtube today also, they all seem happy.

Someone asked a French guy how it was and he replied (google translate) "
Yes yesterday a little surprised by the physics of the game but in the end it is frankly good
you will just have to drive a few hours to fully enjoy it, in any case for my part it was the case;"

Someone asked him about all the people that cancelled it due to 30fps and he said.. They will buy it later once they see others having fun.

Here's a long video of it running on a base slim

Last edited:
My copy of ACC has a tracking number and leaves on the truck tomorrow, hope you all get yours soon also !:) Quite a few videos of people playing it on base model PS4's on youtube today also, they all seem happy.

Someone asked a French guy how it was and he replied (google translate) "
Yes yesterday a little surprised by the physics of the game but in the end it is frankly good
you will just have to drive a few hours to fully enjoy it, in any case for my part it was the case;"

Someone asked him about all the people that cancelled it due to 30fps and he said.. They will buy it later once they see others having fun.

Do you live in the US? Where did you order yours from?

I will wait some days (just enough to get on with "preorder" bonus) but i need to know is the T300RS bug is fixed on PS4.
Is there a bug in this game for that wheel? My T-GT will probably be seen as a T300 :indiff:.

Edit: Just noticed the thread, bummer.

I'm just wondering how come there are more and more videos from gameplay ? how did those guys get their copy ? :D and tbh after seeing some of them I'll just go with the buy :)

I'm just wondering how come there are more and more videos from gameplay ? how did those guys get their copy ? :D and tbh after seeing some of them I'll just go with the buy :)

Some shops still send things out a little early to make up for postage times pre release date and if you have a super fast mail service or live near the shop you can get things a couple days early.

Yeah. I could have copy earlier but shop which is sending this game already doesn't have preorder bonus for it. So i decided to pass (and to see some gameplays before I buy)

^ and that is the standard ps4. I don't see any difference compared to the pro. We all will be happy.

Yeah. Visuals are not that bad. YT videos from standard PS4 also are misleading because share have 720p limitation. And this is huge difference compared to direct feed gameplay in 1080p.

I just hope there won't be game crashing bugs with steering wheels like i posted above.

he says you can play it with controller and it's almost looking as smooth as GT Sport
You can easily check this out by watching the gameplay on a big screen. That is miles behind even from Assetto Corsas smoothness.
For who and with what purposes are these people doing these videos? Many of them have none to little criticism. It seems the simracing bar is being lowered significantly at the moment.

Is there a bug in this game for that wheel? My T-GT will probably be seen as a T300 :indiff:.

Edit: Just noticed the thread, bummer.

This bloke was using a T-GT just fine on PS4 so you can breath a sigh of relief!

That T300 issue is curious -- would love to see if anyone else has the issue. I have no doubt it'll be sorted with the day1 patch.

Has anyone seen a vid of Fanatec (CSL) being used?

You can easily check this out by watching the gameplay on a big screen. That is miles behind even from Assetto Corsas smoothness.
For who and with what purposes are these people doing these videos? Many of them have none to little criticism. It seems the simracing bar is being lowered significantly at the moment.

I'm watching on a PC monitor, I can see it's 30 frames but it's not such an important thing for me, still better than any movie you've ever seen outside an Imax and it's temporary with this game on consoles, we are at the very very end of lifespan for all these machines anyway. I'm not one of these guys that's all about 300 frames a second to make my life complete. Been racing them long enough to know there's more to it than frame rates.

This bloke was using a T-GT just fine on PS4 so you can breath a sigh of relief!

That T300 issue is curious -- would love to see if anyone else has the issue. I have no doubt it'll be sorted with the day1 patch.

Has anyone seen a vid of Fanatec (CSL) being used?

No but this guy is using a fancy Fanatec on original PS4.

He also put up a video using the controller here

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching on a PC monitor, I can see it's 30 frames but it's not such an important thing for me, still better than any movie you've ever seen outside an Imax and it's temporary with this game on consoles, we are at the very very end of lifespan for all these machines anyway. I'm not one of these guys that's all about 300 frames a second to make my life complete. Been racing them long enough to know there's more to it than frame rates.
Good for you. Too bad you deliberately miss the point.

Good for you. Too bad you deliberately miss the point.

You can only do what you can do with the hardware and still keep the physics. The game could run at 10 frames a second and still be a considerably better sim than GT Sport, that is the point. Simulators above 30 frames a second hasn't been a thing for all that long even GP Legends was never 60 fps on release or anywhere near release and it was still the best thing anyone had even seen. We are pretty lucky to have a few good sims on the consoles now. You don't _NEED_ 60 frames on any kind of simulator, you need a good simulation. When you need 60 frames is on a Vertical Cave shooter in the Arcades.

Looks like the “video options” in the menu are missing on these early videos. Wondering how would people change between 1080p and 1800p/4k unless it’s patched in on Tuesday.
Yeah I wonder too,I looked in the file info on Xbox one x and I don't see any 4k enhancement.

You can only do what you can do with the hardware and still keep the physics. The game could run at 10 frames a second and still be a considerably better sim than GT Sport, that is the point. Simulators above 30 frames a second hasn't been a thing for all that long even GP Legends was never 60 fps on release or anywhere near release and it was still the best thing anyone had even seen. We are pretty lucky to have a few good sims on the consoles now. You don't _NEED_ 60 frames on any kind of simulator, you need a good simulation. When you need 60 frames is on a Vertical Cave shooter in the Arcades.

Love danmaku shmups! I think there's a lot to be said for higher frame rates in games, and that they could be prioritised over graphics, its a moot point given that this title will likely have a PS5 patch to unlock its frame rate and maybe even a ps4 pro patch if we're lucky... Higher frame rate would make the game much more precise to control which would be a particular boon if you're using a slightly more clumsy control method like joypad. Im of the opinion that gameplay (frame rate) comes before physics models in terms of priority in a game, but this is a debate that will be out the window in a few short months when the new consoles drop. There will be a time when anything less than 120FPS will seem old hat. That is the charm of gaming it really has evolved at a crazy rate I remember loading games off tape that took 10 mins to load a few measly bytes of data if at all lol... I do think this whole simulation vs arcade polarising debate needs to die off, games are shades of grey I like a variety (spice of life) of styles of driving game and dont feel any need to tout one as being better than any another.

Back