Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

As long as you dont dont get a penalty for being punted or getting barged on in a corner, I'll be all over this. Dunno if my 3-4 yr old 4k tv even does more than 30 fps in all honesty, I wouldnt even notice the difference.
Im buying day 1 no questions asked on ps4 pro, credits are already in my e-wallet .

Dont get what it is these days with everyone wanting to crucify developers over little details or a bad screenshot/video, leaks, etc...
Before the game is even out.
The game is half price, cut'em some slack y'alls.

The 30fps thing isn't the end of the world. The real problem is that neither company have the slightest bit of interest.
They announced the game going to console and then radio silence, not a single screenshot, clip, interview, nothing.
A week before release they they held a preview event for the game, in which they didn't show the game! they barely even talked about it, in the few minutes they did the developer struggled to say anything remotely positive about it.

I'm not his biggest fan by a long shot, but compare to Ian Bell / SMS, with PCars he started from nothing, went up against the big boys and created some interest, engaged sim fans, generated a following and actually showed a bit of passion and look at the PCars series now - he's created something of value.

If the developer and publisher have no interest in the game, why should I ? The whole thing from start to finish has been dire.

Well... it's sure that minimum 60fps nowadays is an must for sim games
But 30 can be difined as "acceptable" if it's rock solid

Sure I expected 60fps, but seeing other UE4 engine games on ps4 that goes at 30fps and with less demanding phisycs it was reasonably to think that at least on base ps4 ACC gonna run at 30 FPS.

I also think that they opted to keep 30fps on PS4 Pro mostly to don't give those users advantage online maining the game at 60fps

The video above shows perfectly the advantage of playing same game in 60 fps against 30fps

I noticed on the FAQ page it mentions some graphic changes to PS4 pro over standard PS4. Also where it states the framerates it specificaly says for base models. Maybe the Pro and XB1X have improved frame rates?

ACC SS.PNG

to be honest i don't mind 30 FPS lock. If it is decently done then it won't be bad. Look how Driveclub plays, it is decent game and 30FPS is good enough for it. I know ACC is more advanced simulation than DC but it will be playable on 30FPS.

My only concern is frame pacing, it doesn't look smooth on those gameplays something is off with it. I hope it will be solid 30FPS without any drops and with good framepacing.

Come on guys, you cannot write something like this.

Try to play Drive Club (as much smooth as it will look like), and immediately after play one hour of Gran Turismo Sport (or Forza 7), and then put Drive Club back on, and it will look you are driving in the jelly, or will be very choppy.

Same, try playing WRC 8 (it may look like smooth), then immediately after Dirt Rally 2, and then immediately after WRC8 again, and you will see how choppy will result.

Same, try playing Destiny 2 (it may look like smooth), then immediately after COD Modern Warfare, and then immediately after Destiny 2 again, and you will feel playing in slow motion.

By the way, all 4K TVs launched after 2013 (so, ALL 4K TVs I suppose) are provided with HDMI 2.0, which is capable to deliver 4K@60fps.

Try to play Drive Club (as much smooth as it will look like), and immediately after play one hour of Gran Turismo Sport (or Forza 7), and then put Drive Club back on, and it will look you are driving in the jelly, or will be very choppy.

Nope, works perfectly fine and I sincerely have not a single issue with switching between them.

Don't bet on anything, Kunos haven't even looked at next gen (they said so yesterday). Until we hear different this will run exactly as it is on next gen - to think otherwise will just cause disappointment.

I don't buy the "but its old hardware" argument, plenty of other games run at higher FPS even on the base consoles. The Pro and 1X are not 7 years old. The reality is that Kunos/505 are not really interested in the console version, how else can you explain having a preview event for a game and then not actually show the game! If it wasn't for GTP staff we still even wouldn't have a screenshot, let alone footage.
Nah, the game is very powerful for current consoles, or at least for the Jaguar CPU.

Come on guys, you cannot write something like this.

Same, try playing WRC 8 (it may look like smooth), then immediately after Dirt Rally 2, and then immediately after WRC8 again, and you will see how choppy will result.

Same, try playing Destiny 2 (it may look like smooth), then immediately after COD Modern Warfare, and then immediately after Destiny 2 again, and you will feel playing in slow motion.

By the way, all 4K TVs launched after 2013 (so, ALL 4K TVs I suppose) are provided with HDMI 2.0, which is capable to deliver 4K@60fps.
I agree with you. It also depends on gametype. Driveclub is more of an arcade kind of game where less precision is required and 30FPS can still be fine.

ACC is about driving perfect corners lap after lap and 60FPS is a must for that.

That footage from behind the car really doesn't do the game any justice. They should have recorded someone using a steering wheel and from inside the cockpit. Maybe on a track with a damp surface.
The video here looks miles away from how it actually feels to play the game as a simulator.
Sure, then we are going against a mathematical fact.
Interesting.
I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between 30 and 60. He said he has no issues switching between them. That's not going against any fact.

I agree with you. It also depends on gametype. Driveclub is more of an arcade kind of game where less precision is required and 30FPS can still be fine.

ACC is about driving perfect corners lap after lap and 60FPS is a must for that.

Totally agree on this, indeed I don't mind 30fps in arcadish or casual games, but in sim games 60fps is a very important requirement.

So how come other games manage it?

The point is its not about if its possible or not, its more about the complete disinterest shown.
The other games didn't have the Physics and other stuff (AI with the same physics of the player) that ACC has.

However, this is consoile we're talking about. Forza and GT players that have not tried AC1 and the Project Cars games, this will be their introduction to a game normally reserved for pc players. I don't have a gaming pc. I haven't tried Project Cars or AC on a pc. I do have both games on PS4 and XB1(PC2). If this is more of the same in terms of graphics, frame rate and controller use(Kunos say it's improved), I'm used to it. Someone new to this game, they shouldn't expect GT graphics. The main selling point, will be the realistic handling.

Honestly, anyone wanting hardcore simularion, will buy a pc for this. As for players like GT Academy, FIA GT Sport finalists, I'd be interested to read their unbiased view points, if they were to try this game. I believe someone posted about Super GT trying it(?).

Edit: Just raced this. Normal PS4, DS4. Is this the same as the demo videos? I'm dead serious. It's not 16 bit graphics. I'm amazed games look like this today. It's good enough to me.

The video explaining the FPS is cool. I can see the smoothness in gameplay. I'd like to play all games like that. Right now, I don't have a 4K tv(yet) and I'm waiting for the PS5. If GT7 will be 60FPS, I'm good. If ACC stays at 30FPS, I'm good with that too. I'm happy the game is dedicated to real GT3 and GT4 cars. That's what has sold me.

If, when I get ACC, the gameplay doesn't stack up. As in, I'm not enjoying the whole experience, that'll be my main criticism.

Last edited:
That footage from behind the car really doesn't do the game any justice. They should have recorded someone using a steering wheel and from inside the cockpit. Maybe on a track with a damp surface.
The video here looks miles away from how it actually feels to play the game as a simulator.

I'm pretty sure he knows the difference between 30 and 60. He said he has no issues switching between them. That's not going against any fact.

I know, and I was being just sarcastic.

Personally, I cannot stand anymore to play a sim game (or FPS) at 30fps. It is not only evidently ''slow'', but is disturbing my eyes after a while.

Surely the perception of the issue is subjective and varies a lot from person to person.

Personally, I cannot stand anymore to play a sim game (or FPS) at 30fps. It is not only evidently ''slow'', but is disturbing my eyes after a while.
Surely the perception of the issue is subjective and varies a lot from person to person.
Yeah, I'm with you on that. Can't stand playing at 30fps (maybe with the exception of certain types of games).

I think it was inevitable though that the console version would have 30fps. The real problem here seems to be the Unreal Engine. It's clear that Kunos isn't happy with the performance of it, especially for VR. They are evaluating whether or not to use it for their next project (whatever that may be). This all comes from Marco in one of his interviews.

Even on PC I am struggling to get over 60fps with 20 AI cars on track (although to be fair that's triple screen 5760x1080), and my PC is no slouch. So you can imagine the challenge to get old hw like the PS4 to cope with that. Sorry to see that you have to settle for 30fps for consoles, but...it is what it is.

Are you serious ? The physics and AI of those game are a joke in comparison so no wonder it needs way less performance.
Neither of those games have the detail in the weather, tracks, cars and physics that acc has.
Not a good comparison at all.
GTSport and Forza are indeed bad comparison.

So what about Project Cars 2 then?

Just my opinion but for me I’m yet to see anything on current gen consoles that was developed on Unreal Engine that actually runs completely smooth and without noticeable choppy framerates, regardless of the game or whether it’s running in 30fps or not.

I think it’s pretty clear the whole surprise of releasing ACC for current gen consoles is nothing more than a last minute cash grab before the next gen consoles launch. I don’t know whose idea it was but clearly they have little faith in this hence why there’s alarmingly been no footage or screenshots of how the game runs on console until now.

For me I think I’ll wait and see if we get a PS5/XboxSX release (or even a patch for the game later down the line that brings the performance up) and then it might be worth the purchase.

Good to see some gameplay video surfacing. I've preordered and am a mixed in what I've seen thus far. Guess the proof will be in the pudding..

Easy, people with the normal console would cry because the one who plays in the Pro version has an advantage.
That's already true. Enhanced console users already have better detail, better draw distances, better framerates etc in a host of multiplayer games.

At the end of the day even after the car crash preview event that had no preview my Pre order is still happening. I don't have the money for an all singing all dancing pc so will still buy ACC on PS4, for £35 with dlc i'm willing to give it a go and see how it goes and see if it gets patched if needed.

I have read all 5 pages of posts with all the negativity but that has not changed my mind, i want to try it for myself instead of complaining about something before it's even here. Yes it could be a car crash release like the preview event but on the other hand it could be good too, 30fps is not the best compared to other driving games @ 60fps but this is the only way i can play ACC so i'm in and let the chips fall where they lay and to those who are also willing to give it a go, See you on track!

Back