Assetto Corsa Competizione Now Available to Preorder on Console

I am going to see some good reviews before I buy this game now, because I have not seen one video of the game that tells you it is from the console. I think the videos we have seen so far is from the pc version, and not the PS4.

Yeah. Absolutely no idea how it will work on PS4. To be honest before PS5 version will come out stable 30FPS will do, i just hope this isn't broken cutted port. :(

i just hope this isn't broken cutted port. :(
We will find that out in about 15 days time, but I am going to hold off for a few days after the 23rd, and see what players are saying about the game on console version.

it took me 5 days to tune the VR in ACC. They require a monster pc build to be on par with iRacing/AC vr experiences.

The game engine is Unreal so if the majority of modern PC users really struggling to get good fps , imagine that on poor conversion to PS4.

30fps will be the cap
Unreal 4 has shown to run extremely well on current gen consoles. Yes typically at a locked 30fps but that is often in open world games with huge sprawling landscapes. The relative narrow corridor of racing games leaves a bit of GPU power in the tank to chuck a few more frames around. SMS managed to get Mad Engine working at 60 fps on consoles so I hope Kunos can do the same with Unreal 4 and ACC. We will have to wait and see.

Unreal 4 has shown to run extremely well on current gen consoles. Yes typically at a locked 30fps but that is often in open world games with huge sprawling landscapes. The relative narrow corridor of racing games leaves a bit of GPU power in the tank to chuck a few more frames around. SMS managed to get Mad Engine working at 60 fps on consoles so I hope Kunos can do the same with Unreal 4 and ACC. We will have to wait and see.
The Madness Engine didn't really ever hit 60fps on base machines, but was certainly higher than 30, and they had to make concessions to get it running even that well, such as low anti aliasing implementation.

AC runs pretty smooth, but only really with 12 or so AI, although the practise sessions are much closer to 60 than in a race. Hopefully ACC runs at least as well as AC on standard consoles.

Ace Combat 7 is on UnrealEngine 4 it runs on standard PS4 in 900p and targeted 60FPS. It comes below it quite often though, but it wasn't in my opinion too noticeable in that game. I know it is quite different genre but it gives a little hope.

MotoGP and Ride use Unreal too, they're at 60fps now.
It's running very very well this latest release last month, but it took Milestone 3 years of optimizing it.

It's running very very well this latest release last month, but it took Milestone 3 years of optimizing it.

well... I hope there will be 60fps... But both MOTO GP and Ride doesn't have so complicated physics engine.

No, probably not, and not with so many cars on the track either.
I'm just hoping the performance is decent.

Playing on base PS4 I treat as temporary. I plan to buy PS5 when it's launched so i will have upgrade soon. So 30FPS won't bother me too much (Driveclub was playable in 30fps ) i just hope it will be stable as rock 30FPS without big drops and won't be cutted from features.

It's only 60fps in PS4Pro,on base PS4 they are locked at 30fps.... think that same thing gonna happen with assetto Corsa competizione....900p 30fps on base PS4,1080p 60fps on PS4Pro

..and you'd hope 60fps @ 4K on PS5.. but given the utterly lack lustre run up for console ACC thus far that they will even bother with next gen versions.

It's only 60fps in PS4Pro,on base PS4 they are locked at 30fps.... think that same thing gonna happen with assetto Corsa competizione....900p 30fps on base PS4,1080p 60fps on PS4Pro
I did not know that. Locked at 30 for base. huh.
Ride as well I assume.

I hope we see some footage soon.

I did not know that. Locked at 30 for base. huh.
Ride as well I assume.

I hope we see some footage soon.

Yes, locked 30fps on base console, 30fps on Pro or X or 60fps in performance mode on Pro or X.

Here is a framerate comparative between Xbox one and Xbox one X ,same goes for Sony's consoles.

So I suspect it will be the same procedure with assetto competizione cause it goes also on unreal 4 engine

It's available from 23/6 in the PSN Store and not before!
I forgot about this yes. Just went to check in the PS Store and was wondering how come I hadn't seen it up yet for Pre-Order.
I find it very strange that a game just 9 days away from release isn't yet available or even listed on the PS Store for Pre-Order. I mean it's supposed to be available for release on the 23rd June and not until the same day it will be listed or be available for Pre-Order? Very fishy IMO. I've never seen anything like that.

I forgot about this yes. Just went to check in the PS Store and was wondering how come I hadn't seen it up yet for Pre-Order.
I find it very strange that a game just 9 days away from release isn't yet available or even listed on the PS Store for Pre-Order. I mean it's supposed to be available for release on the 23rd June and not until the same day it will be listed or be available for Pre-Order? Very fishy IMO. I've never seen anything like that.
It is so strange you can not buy it at the PS store yet, but it is only 8 days to go now David.

Nope, there is pretty much zero information on console versions. Hopefully we see some footage / get some answers tomorrow in the preview thing that was posted.

In South Africa, there is no sign of ACC... No game retailer is advertising it. It was avaible for pre order at @raru_online about a month ago, now been removed. Mmmm... Strange. Even Btgames, which is our specialty game store does not have it in pre order.

MotoGP and Ride in the US are the same way every year, just pop up day of release, not before.

I guess we'll see tomorrow when they do their presentation if it's been pushed back or not.

Playing on base PS4 I treat as temporary. I plan to buy PS5 when it's launched so i will have upgrade soon. So 30FPS won't bother me too much (Driveclub was playable in 30fps ) i just hope it will be stable as rock 30FPS without big drops and won't be cutted from features.

This is also my plan. No point in buying a Pro at this point when I'll be able to play it on the ps5 at 60 frames in 5 months time regardless. 30 frames will be perfectly fine in the meantime if it comes to that. JBHI here in Australia took my money for ACC months ago and everything is still going ahead as planed as far as I can see.

This is also my plan. No point in buying a Pro at this point when I'll be able to play it on the ps5 at 60 frames in 5 months time regardless. 30 frames will be perfectly fine in the meantime if it comes to that. JBHI here in Australia took my money for ACC months ago and everything is still going ahead as planed as far as I can see.

I don't think we should take that as a given, I think if Kunos doing nothing for the PS5 it won't automatically run better than it does on PS4. Which is why they need to actually communicate with their customers. Fingers crossed we find out tomorrow what their plans are.

60fps and closer to PC visuals on PS5 would be great, I just have little faith that we'll ever see it, its hard enough just getting information out of them on the game, much less commitment to long term support/update.

I was in JBHI today in Adelaide and I was tempted to buy ACC on PS4, but I am going to buy it at the PS Store on the 23rd.

I don't think we should take that as a given, I think if Kunos doing nothing for the PS5 it won't automatically run better than it does on PS4. Which is why they need to actually communicate with their customers. Fingers crossed we find out tomorrow what their plans are.

60fps and closer to PC visuals on PS5 would be great, I just have little faith that we'll ever see it, its hard enough just getting information out of them on the game, much less commitment to long term support/update.

The PS5 will default to PS4 pro settings at the worst case which has zero chance of running ACC less than 60 frames. ACC isn't a demanding game on PC, even a RX 570 on a 10 year old Xeon runs it at 90 frames full detail. Seen the same hardware run Automobilista 2 at 120 frames and that's coming to PS4.. one day.. But seems delayed

Snowrunner wasn't available for pre order either.
The PS5 will default to PS4 pro settings at the worst case which has zero chance of running ACC less than 60 frames. ACC isn't a demanding game on PC, even a RX 570 on a 10 year old Xeon runs it at 90 frames full detail. Seen the same hardware run Automobilista 2 at 120 frames and that's coming to PS4.. one day.. But seems delayed
Really?

Thirty. Frames. Per. Second.
Chug chug chugging screen effects, you get to play the game of "guess where the car you are racing actually is!" Oh wow.... I think i'll take a pass on this!

And the physical headaches that i'm given by playing 30 fps racing games. Nope!

TJs score for this PS3 spec conversion: 1/10 👎

Back