Assetto Corsa Competizione Will Make its Public Debut at E3 Next Week

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa Competizione' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 6, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Whitestar, BrainsBush and marcvic like this.
  2. MrWaflz55

MrWaflz55

Wow, they got the GT-R GT3 all the way down to the Polyphony Digital stickers.

Too bad this isn’t coming to PS4. I’d be getting this for sure if it was.

3. Rv650

Rv650

Just in time for the 24h of Francorchamps.
    I guess they will have a booth there too :dopey:

4. Calmlity

Calmlity

That car should has been on GTS :bowdown:

JoueurGT and GTWelsh like this.
  5. SavageEvil

SavageEvil

If PD add in another GTR the usual people will lose their collective minds/s. The game looks actually pretty nice, thank goodness it's PC only no need to dumb things down for consoles which do not have the grunt to run it. That LED position plate in the windshield looks neat.

silverman_GT likes this.
  6. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

Well, Marco Massarutto actually said that Kazunori Yamauchi is a really great person both in simulator developing and car culture. I think they could made a deal with those stickers because of that.

7. seco46

seco46

Not exactly.

[​IMG]

8. letdown427

letdown427

@25 seconds in that video, the headlights don't cast any shadows under that sign.

So it looks largely the same as the recent shader mod in the original AC :lol:

9. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

This is only for PC player? Maybe down the road, they can implemented to PS4 and Xbox One.

10. Joe-dogs

Joe-dogs

Cant wait!

11. marcvic

marcvic Premium

I'm looking forward to finally seeing some gameplay. Hopefully, people are able to get footage of the menu UI as well.

I like this approach by Kunos - keeping the content tight and making it all super high quality.

12. Auditore

Auditore

Kinda funny how the first thing you see in the trailer is a big Gran Turismo logo

13. rex1825

rex1825

...they said new Gran Turismo isn't comming any time soon :)

TNTR_VitQ31 likes this.
  14. Auditore

Auditore

Night time looks amazing,i'm not a expert in PC racing sims but they usually don't look that pretty

15. Gregfranklin

Gregfranklin

It's a shame it's not coming to consoles for some of us, I would buy this in an instant. They can always make it run perfect on PC and dumb down graphics for us console peasants. I'm guessing it's just too much work licensing workflow and whatnot, PC is an easier platform to work with I am sure.

marcvic likes this.
  16. RickyGT

RickyGT

I don't know if I'm right but of course this isn't a casual trailer, so the meaning is they're putting theirselves against GT? I wonder in which field they meant, because their physics are above everything, maybe graphics? Driver Rankings? Anyway it's a must buy for me, it resembles GTR (btw... GTR3?)

17. rex1825

rex1825

...GT is PS4 game, ACC is PC game. One of the devs said alone that they have full BlackPainGT licensing, so all that you see is basically agreement and they (Kunos) have rights on it.

18. Auditore

Auditore

How would they put themselves against GT?Isn't Competizione PC exclusive?

19. RickyGT

RickyGT

Of course they're for two different platforms, but that won't change the fact that we can argue on which title is better: they could've chosen any other car, but they chose the GT Sport branded nismo. And then they wrote "we like competition". It's not a question of stickers and "why are they there", but it's more "why they chose this car for the E3 trailer announcement"

marcvic likes this.
  20. ExoticMachines

ExoticMachines

There is no way I am going to spend $2000usd on a powerful video game PC just to play this game. :tdown:

Calmlity likes this.
  21. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Followed by

"We welcome the Competizione"

Although not available on console it won't be a direct GT competitor.

If Kevin performs his expected magic with the online rating system, the graphics potential with Unreal 4, and ACs known physics it could very well sway a few thousand to buy a PC.

I'm very curious about the UI as well.

22. Auditore

Auditore

Nah dude people don't spend money on a PC because of one game and if they were so into hardcore sims they might've bought a PC already.Gran Turismo was built upon casual players that's why the franchise is so sucessful

23. Clean Racer

Clean Racer

I recently came back to consoles after being on PC for a while. I would switch back if the title is worth it. This title looks good but I will wait until it comes out and I've read reviews.

I'm due for a new PC anyway. I' sure there are a few other enthusiasts like me.:D

Corsa likes this.
  24. Corsa

Corsa Premium

Yeah dude Assetto Corsa is the reason I bought a PC, it's not absurd to think ACC if very good could do the same for others.

Sander 001 and Clean Racer like this.
  25. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

Love the slight dig at Gran Turismo. Granted it doesn't make sense, but that wasn't subtle :lol:

marcvic likes this.
  26. Auditore

Auditore

I just dont think a casual GT player would buy a PC because of other racing game,maybe i'm wrong.

Is it really a dig?

27. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

The we welcome the competition line seems obvious. In good spirits I'm sure.

28. Masscot

Masscot

You're right, you shouldn't.

You should buy a $2,000 PC to play the first Assetto Corsa instead, and have access to 1,800 cars and 700 tracks.
    Once you do so, being able to play ACC will just be a wonderful bonus.

BrainsBush and Corsa like this.
  29. marcvic

marcvic Premium

Where is this $2,000 figure coming from?

I bought my gtx 1070 laptop for $1,150 (on sale). It takes every game I throw at it on maxed out settings.

I didn't purchase it for one game though - I purchased it for access to every generation of gaming ever.

kingpen, Whitestar, Corsa and 2 others like this.
  30. Corsa

Corsa Premium

I bought a 3 month old GTX 1070/i7 tower build from a good friend for $700, all games maxed out and VR ready.

I don't know where this $2K figure is coming from that's liquid cooled 1080ti money which you don't need to play games on ultra.

super_gt likes this.