Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
  • 1,090,289 views
^Ugly arcade smoke that is eventually good for Mario Kart but is like a punch in an eye in a pure sim, it completely ruin visual pleasure and realism immersion. Real race cars smoke only when they miss a braking point and they lock, or when they spin wheels at the start but not like that.
You see that smoke only when they are doing donuts but since no one is doind it at the start of the race it's plain wrong and I still think/hope it's a crappy place holder.
Seriously that's probably the worst smoke effect I've ever seen in a racing game.

LUCKLY we can mod it.
 
Last edited:
Yet no patch for the last 6 weeks. I hope bella Italia is done with holidays soon. I already readed comments like that this game can become another rfactor one or netkar-pro wich where never finished I guess.
 
Yet no patch for the last 6 weeks. I hope bella Italia is done with holidays soon. I already readed comments like that this game can become another rfactor one or netkar-pro wich where never finished I guess.

Hope not. But if that's the case maybe PD should consider buying their IP particularly the physics engine for GT7 so that they can finally work on the AI fix the sound and create interiors for the standard model cars. lol



All seriousness, anyone know where to find what they are working on and have in the pipeline. All I see is them doing 50% discounts every two and a half weeks or so. Are they really that short of cash?
 
Interesting stuff about the smoke. I never noticed it myself but I can see how it bothers y'all. Pretty sure they'll update it somewhere down the line, so I'm not too concerned.
 
All seriousness, anyone know where to find what they are working on and have in the pipeline. All I see is them doing 50% discounts every two and a half weeks or so. Are they really that short of cash?
Yes they are. Don't forget they are an indie developer. It's quite a miracle what they achieved so far. But they still need cash, hopefully people will keep buying on Steam.
Yet no patch for the last 6 weeks? I hope bella Italia is done with holidays soon. I already readed comments like that this game can become another rfactor one or netkar-pro wich where never finished I guess.
No patch for the last 6 weeks? Summer break, regardless the weather. They needed a break since they work like mad for the last 3 years. Rome wasn't build in a day. Oh, and by the way Bella Italia had the worst summer since what, 80 years?

Here's your Bella Italia.
https://www.google.it/search?q=refrontolo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=y174U-zlC8TfOIW0gOgK&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1366&bih=624#q=refrontolo alluvione&tbm=isch

And here's the awesome weather for today.
https://www.google.it/search?q=vene...mUgdgI&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=624&dpr=1
 
Yes they are. Don't forget they are an indie developer. It's quite a miracle what they achieved so far. But they still need cash, hopefully people will keep buying on Steam.
No patch for the last 6 weeks? Summer break, regardless the weather. They needed a break since they work like mad for the last 3 years. Rome wasn't build in a day. Oh, and by the way Bella Italia had the worst summer since what, 80 years?

Here's your Bella Italia.
https://www.google.it/search?q=refrontolo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=y174U-zlC8TfOIW0gOgK&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1366&bih=624#q=refrontolo alluvione&tbm=isch

And here's the awesome weather for today.
https://www.google.it/search?q=venezia meteo&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=WV_4U9-JHYHJPPmUgdgI&ved=0CAUQ_AUoAA&biw=1366&bih=624&dpr=1

Close to our weather here in Germany. It is August and we are close to use the heating stove because we are frozing. In the middle of August! But the Germans (I am no German) are pretty happy with the weather and wearing shorts and t-shirts :D If we get heat for 2 days here they are panicking and thinkt it is the end of the world lol.
 
Close to our weather here in Germany. It is August and we are close to use the heating stove because we are frozing. In the middle of August! But the Germans (I am no German) are pretty happy with the weather and wearing shorts and t-shirts :D If we get heat for 2 days here they are panicking and thinkt it is the end of the world lol.
LOL yes they pretend it's summer-time even when it's not. If the weather will keep being an a** I think'll do the same, I quite understand them. This year I didn't had my beach fix. I just had some random half days. I definitely learned the hard way how the weather could be in summer on north Europe.. while being in Italy.
LOL
 
LOL yes they pretend it's summer-time even when it's not. If the weather will keep being an a** I think'll do the same, I quite understand them. This year I didn't had my beach fix. I just had some random half days. I definitely learned the hard way how the weather could be in summer on north Europe.. while being in Italy.
LOL

I was in Gran Canaria from May to end of July and the weather there was also not as good as it usually is. At nights you needed an jacket there. Looks like Europe is not the only place where the weather sucks this year.
 
i wonder what kind of graphics card would one need to run AC in triple screen
 
i wonder what kind of graphics card would one need to run AC in triple screen
If you max every setting out, you need a beast and/or multiple GPUs, BUT, there are some settings that consume much more processing than they're worth. This holds true for most any racing sim, there are sweet spots balancing performance and visual detail.
I am running triples with a single GTX 780 and am very happy with how GSCE, AC, R3E/DTM, and pCars perform. Others like F1 2013 and Grid AS run even better.
Note, weather and night racing may require some tweaking of some graphical detail.
 
If you max every setting out, you need a beast and/or multiple GPUs, BUT, there are some settings that consume much more processing than they're worth. This holds true for most any racing sim, there are sweet spots balancing performance and visual detail.
I am running triples with a single GTX 780 and am very happy with how GSCE, AC, R3E/DTM, and pCars perform. Others like F1 2013 and Grid AS run even better.
Note, weather and night racing may require some tweaking of some graphical detail.
GTX780 is like half the cost of my PC. I run 6850.
My current card can't render triple screen iracing separately whilst in traffic, so i was wondering if I upgrade a card to do that, will that also run AC. But 500 dollar graphics card is not something i can accept:P
 
I don't know if this has been mentioned before (didn't see it on the latest messages), but some of the user-created HUD addons, while potentially very informative, can be huge resource hoarders. My hardware is a 650 Ti Boost and a rather old processor, and by removing the extra apps I went from a stuttering mess on medium settings to 1080p/60fps + vsync, generally on the "high" detail settings.
 
I don't know if this has been mentioned before (didn't see it on the latest messages), but some of the user-created HUD addons, while potentially very informative, can be huge resource hoarders. My hardware is a 650 Ti Boost and a rather old processor, and by removing the extra apps I went from a stuttering mess on medium settings to 1080p/60fps + vsync, generally on the "high" detail settings.

Yup can agree. For example Rivale Tiempo cutted 10 FPS from my old system.

Has this been posted already?

14989807446_c3568a757e_o.jpg


And this: http://www.virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-toyota-license-announced
 
Oh man, I'm excited! Definitely looking forward to driving all of those Toyotas, especially the TS040. The Supra is nice too; I was hoping that Niels Heusinkveld and Siim Annuk would port their Supra mod from rFactor over to AC, but an official version is even better.

AC's car library is really starting to look promising. It's also looking increasingly likely that I will have to buy every single piece of DLC Kunos releases :lol:
 
I guess I've missed something here....Is there a Toyota DLC pack or something (official, not a mod) ?
If so what cars have actually been officially confirmed ?
 
Official content...

Production:
GT-86
Supra MK IV
Celica
AE-86

Racing:
GT-86 GT4
TS040 Hybrid LMP1
 
Wiz
Official content...

Production:
GT-86
Supra MK IV
Celica
AE-86

Racing:
GT-86 GT4
TS040 Hybrid LMP1

To be honest, as long as they manage to keep the high quality modelling and ensure that each car model retains it's unique handling, physics and sounds I'm happy to settle with having only 50 official cars by Kunos. Personally I think that number of cars is more than enough.

I'm still reluctant to download any of the mods for AC as I'm still early getting use to the game and don't want them to spoil my AC experience. I only managed to recently dialled in the settings for my T500RS to my liking. :P
 
Is this confirmed by the devs?
 
toyota license? yes
https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa/photos/np.141814559.100000030632104/951755281517457

ts040 in v1.0, I don't know

all the cars that Kunos announced
Alfa Romeo 4C
Alfa Romeo GTA
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI
Alfa Romeo 4° Car
Alfa Romeo 5° Car
Alfa Romeo 6° Car
Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
Ferrari 458 GT2
Ferrari LaFerrari
Lotus 2-Eleven GT4
Lotus Evora
Lotus Evora SR
Lotus Elan
Lotus Exige S
Classic Team Lotus Type 25
Classic Team Lotus Type 33
Classic Team Lotus Type 49C
Classic Team Lotus Type 72
McLaren P1
Mercedes-Benz SLS
Mercedes-Benz SLS GT3
Nissan GT-R Nismo
Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3
RUF CTR Yellowbird
RUF 2° Car
RUF 3° Car
Scuderia Cameron-Glickenaus P4/5 Competizione M model 2012 (FIA GT2)
Tatuus Prototype PY 012
Toyota AE-86
Toyota Celica
Toyota GT-86
Toyota GT-86 GT4
Toyota Supra MK IV
Toyota TS040 Hybrid
 
/\

Oh, man. How did I miss that classic Lotus announcement? Love classic F1 cars:)
 
Beyond stoked for all Toyota's that come into the game, mostly looking forward to the road cars though.
 
That's a pretty old article though. Their official website doesn't make any mention of the Lotus 72 being included in the base package (or any package). I know there was a point when they were mentioning historic Silverstone being included in the game too. Things may have changed with some of those Lotus cars.

Source?

I'm going to guess that the cars that are now in the Early Access are going to remain in the game, when the game actually gets released. When you bought the Early Access you automatically get the full game, right?
 
Source?

I'm going to guess that the cars that are now in the Early Access are going to remain in the game, when the game actually gets released. When you bought the Early Access you automatically get the full game, right?

Yeah. You get the full release version with early access.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/officially-licensed-cars/

http://www.assettocorsa.net/laser-scanned-tracks/

Those links aren't the most up-to-date with some of the recent licenses acquired, but gives a good idea of what's included in release 1.0.
 
Well, if this is true, then Lotus (Classic and modern) are in the game, at least of right now, or am I wrong with this?
The lack of Nordschleife is actually concerning, but then again there are no RSR cars in there as well.

Oh well, let's hope it's in the full game, and even if not Snoopy's NS still is more than enough for me :)
 
Back