Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
  • 1,089,883 views
Excuse my ignorance, but what happened to the Ferrari 458 GT2?
Nothing happened, it just hasn't been released yet during the Early Access builds so far.
 
I'm really enjoying the special event challenges, the 500 Abarth race at Magionne was a blast curb hopping and burning the front tires off :lol:
 
I'm really enjoying the special event challenges, the 500 Abarth race at Magionne was a blast curb hopping and burning the front tires off :lol:

Yeah, I don´t know if I remember correctly but now there are way more special events than 2 months ago, can that be? I was away for 2 months and had no access to AC.
 
Yes, they have been adding events for the new cars.
 
Whats up in bella Italia? Holiday season? There was no patch for the last 3 weeks as I remember?
 
Whats up in bella Italia? Holiday season? There was no patch for the last 3 weeks as I remember?

Next updates
As always, we'll monitor all the forum activities in order to find and resolve eventual issues and bugsthat might show up, due to the numerous new features included in this update. We will provide if needed, multiple hotfixes and feature updates in the following days. The next main build is expected to be released on Friday, 29th of August

Basically, we won't be seeing anything major until the 29th.
 
Basically, we won't be seeing anything major until the 29th.

Damn thats a pause of 5-6 weeks. I think it is holiday time there. I guess we´ll get Spa on 29th then. And lets hope Nordschleife this year. But when Pcars will be released, I think a lot of people will lose interest in AC.
 
Last update was really good so it should hold us off for a few weeks.
 
Preview of the Fiat abarth 595 ss.

10454154_10202611514643023_3010390657370198380_o.jpg


10495590_10202611514603022_6673550348480127892_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
Damn thats a pause of 5-6 weeks. I think it is holiday time there. I guess we´ll get Spa on 29th then. And lets hope Nordschleife this year. But when Pcars will be released, I think a lot of people will lose interest in AC.

I doubt it. Usually when I see people mentioning PCars, they never mention a single other PC sim title. And when people mention the hardcore PC sims, most leave out PCars.

PCars might grab casuals who care solely about which is best looking, but are any of those buying the hardcore sims to begin with? Hopefully people who get sucked into PCars will eventually decide they want to try some other titles too. And the rest will benefit. And for the snobs, like myself, hopefully SMS will finally prove they can release a game with quality physics and we can hop on the train too.
 
Damn thats a pause of 5-6 weeks. I think it is holiday time there. I guess we´ll get Spa on 29th then. And lets hope Nordschleife this year. But when Pcars will be released, I think a lot of people will lose interest in AC.

I'm one of those, lol. I always planned for winter beta, 1.0 in spring, DLC in september, Pcars in november. Perfect sim racing year.

Now Elite beta took all my attention from stalled AC...
 
Tease indeed. Really clever how they show nothing of the track except asphalt / pavement and then they show the one bit of pavement we're interested in. The carousel. :D

EDIT: Though judging by those 4 pics the road surface looks smoother than I'd imagine it to be...
 
Last edited:
For those who are wondering picture 1 and 4 are the Karussell and picture 2 and 3 are Adenauer Forst.
It's great to see the concrete grids actually implemented in these turns for a change. I gotta agree that the Karussell looks fairly smooth, let's not hope it's going to be that way, the overall form of the turn though does look fairly "close to reality", but the tarmac at the Adenauer Forst is fairly smooth, so I'm not too concerned yet.
 
Remember that AC uses 2 meshes for the tracks, one is the one we see and the second one is far more detailed and it's the one used for physics/tire calculations.
 
Man you have to love this game! Really! I just played another 3-4 hrs. So far I raced with ~10 cars and played just on 3 tracks (Monza,Mugello,Nürburgring) and it is such a joy to drive. And it shows that less content is way more than an overloaded game. Just to learn these 3 tracks I played over 40 hours. And yet I am far away from perfect on that tracks.

Every car is so different and have its own character. No comparison to GT or Forza.

The M3 E30 A is so damn fun to drive and shifting down is a real challenge. The Zonda R is a freaking beast. The open wheelers are all great (I had problems with the classic Lotus and stoped playing after 2 laps).

The special events are brillant! With only one special event you can have more fun and a bigger challenge on alien mode than in a whole GT or Forza game.

The AI is so great, I love to race against the AI. They act mostly so natural and they are damn fast. It is such a challenge. All I was looking for in a racing sim. Dude I hated that always same crap in Forza and GT. Start last, get first in 3 laps. And AI in GT and Forza? What is AI?
 
The AI is so great, I love to race against the AI. They act mostly so natural and they are damn fast. It is such a challenge. All I was looking for in a racing sim. Dude I hated that always same crap in Forza and GT. Start last, get first in 3 laps. And AI in GT and Forza? What is AI?

The best bit is that AC still has not even released their career mode (bottom left button on the initial screen). Just imagine the fun of starting off and working your way up....
 
Ok I saw this video in the Video thread


New Video, definite improvement to the AI!

Please someone tell me the smoke effect is only a placeholder.
Everything looks perfect, but the smoke.

Smoke kills,

my eyes.
 
I think he had smoke detail on minimum to save frames. Smoke is a huge performance killer.
 
Ok I saw this video in the Video thread

Please someone tell me the smoke effect is only a placeholder.
Everything looks perfect, but the smoke.

Smoke kills,

my eyes.

I think he had smoke detail on minimum to save frames. Smoke is a huge performance killer.

Exactly. I also put a modded smoke file in, because I really do not like the way the smoke is handled right now in the sim... :/
 
Exactly. I also put a modded smoke file in, because I really do not like the way the smoke is handled right now in the sim... :/
What does that accomplish? Does it not interfere with steam? I'd imagine the game wouldn't launch since it detects a breach in the files of the games or something. VAC can be very picky in some games.
 
The modded smoke file reduced the amount of smoke produced at times and thus improved frames at the start of a race when the cars smoke their tyres like crazy; luckily it does not interfere with steam. BUT if you were to verify the files if something went wrong then yes the smoke file would be replaced, as well as any weather.ini and colorcurves.ini files (which I also use mods of). If you check out my company Youtube channel you will see what effect the change of weather has (both on frames and looks). The dullest weather I have is in this episode:



The weather changing is much more visible than the smoke ^^
 
Back