Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
  • 1,090,135 views
What people are referring to with needing the newest hardware, (not only newest but multi gpu), for Pcars is if you want to use all the weather and such effects your gonna need to drop some serious cash to get the hardware needed. You will be able to play Pcars on a med. end pc, but your not going to be seeing all the pretty graphics Pcars is boasting. For a race in the rain at night with changing time and weather you gonna need a super computer basically.
No, for a race in the rain at night with changing time and weather at 4k with triple screens at 60 fps you need a "super computer" (whatever you mean with that).

I already said it once and I'll say it again, if your PC can handle Assetto Corsa, it can also handle pCARS.
Or you just buy a GPU for ~200 bucks and everything will run fine at medium-high settings.
 
No, for a race in the rain at night with changing time and weather at 4k with triple screens at 60 fps you need a "super computer" (whatever you mean with that).

I already said it once and I'll say it again, if your PC can handle Assetto Corsa, it can also handle pCARS.
Or you just buy a GPU for ~200 bucks and everything will run fine at medium-high settings.
I hope your right, but I just don't see it happening without some pretty serious hardware. I can max out AC on my PC and still get 25 fps, in Pars it crashes my PC on max settings. I know Pcars still needs to be optimized, but so does AC.

"super computer" Come on man you know exactly what I mean. The latest top of the line processor and mobo, and a couple of high end gpu's with 16gb of ram. I don't think that will be enough for 4k gaming on ultra with weather and time change.
 
Well, then don't play it on max settings, simple as that.
Even with a 780ti and a top of the line CPU it's hard to max out most games, at least with stable 60fps at 1080p+.
Ultra settings are called ultra for a reason, no one's forcing you to use the though.
 
Well, then don't play it on max settings, simple as that.
Even with a 780ti and a top of the line CPU it's hard to max out most games, at least with stable 60fps at 1080p+.
Ultra settings are called ultra for a reason, no one's forcing you to use the though.
No 🤬 Sherlock. You just know come up with that great advice all on your own? :rolleyes: You should probably send that to SMS, they could put it in the user guide. Not sure what the hell it has to do with what we where discussing, but thanks anyway.
 
No 🤬 Sherlock. You just know come up with that great advice all on your own? :rolleyes: You should probably send that to SMS, they could put it in the user guide. Not sure what the hell it has to do with what we where discussing, but thanks anyway.
Well, Watson, with all sincere respect, my point is that it's still better to play a game on medium settings than missing out completely. You're welcome.
 
- Implemented booking-less server joining

rainbow-puke.png


Anyone had a chance to try it yet?
 
The dynamic grip feature is amazing, it's not only affecting the physics, but is also visible.
 
The dynamic grip feature is amazing, it's not only affecting the physics, but is also visible.

I was also surprised by how many different variables you can set. At least in theory, it's significantly beyond where rfactor 2 is. Being able to set the track as old (poor grip and not changing much), dusty, slow, etc. This is a spectacular update in terms of features.

The haters will probably still harp on the "I was promised updates every two weeks... WAAAA", but this is without question the most significant looking update yet. Hopefully they have ambitious things planned for the August update too. Massive update.

Oh, and the 98T is fantastic. Although the haters are sure to cry foul and say people should suicide every 3rd turn or its arcade.
 
Stunning, the additional graphics options, track options and AI upgrades are fantastic and some of the recent mods are just superb. GP2 2014 is incredible.

Also "Gentrack1" and the V6 turbo sounds for the Lotus Exos std are brilliant as well.
 
Very good update yesterday (20.2), the 98T is a beast. Loving many of the car and track mods, the Shelby Cobra is my favorite at this time, the modders are really stepping up the quality of the add-ons.
 
I'm currently working away and going home every second or third weekend so I have another 2 weeks to wait until I can try the update. It's agonising!
 
I'm currently working away and going home every second or third weekend so I have another 2 weeks to wait until I can try the update. It's agonising!

Hahah the same for me but I am 2 months away from home and 1 more to go. Very patient us gamers :D
 
Regarding the dynamic track. If we have wet weather would the track progressively dry up and produce a clear grippy racing line?
 
Trying to type impressions, but the 98T ripped my face off.

Seriously, I had set up motion to be pretty lively up to around the Ferrari FXX level, but the 98T brought a whole new level of insane. Jumped in and....

tumblr_mx3bfwjSy61s3yt9zo1_500.png


Which made wonder. And yes, there is....



Demo fan of course.

With that up and running, I think I'd have a fairly distinct vehicle category preference during hot Australian summers.
 
Hi

A tour with the new Lotus 98T at Nordschleife, very funny lotus + Nordschleife 1.1 "By Snoopy", hope you like>;)



a greeting
 
I just played with the McLaren MP4 GT3 version. Is it me or is that car totally BS? It has so much oversteer in corners when you turn the wheel only a tiny bit too much. You immediately lose the car. I play with the standard car setup.

After that I took the Z4 GT on a ride, god damn that car is a god. So smooth and forgiving.
 
I just played with the McLaren MP4 GT3 version. Is it me or is that car totally BS? It has so much oversteer in corners when you turn the wheel only a tiny bit too much. You immediately lose the car. I play with the standard car setup.

After that I took the Z4 GT on a ride, god damn that car is a god. So smooth and forgiving.

According to GT3 drivers the McLaren MP4 GT3 is the hardest car of the GT3 lineup and the BMW is the easiest one.
 
The default McLaren setup is a little tail happy, especially when combined with the rather uncommunicative and light steering (which Kunos faithfully modeled, go watch Chris Harris' DRIVE channel video for confirmation).

Some setup changes can easily stabilize the car, and if you drive it smoothly rather than chucking it into corners then it responds very well. So much so that after you get used to the McLaren the BMW Z4 feels like "a tank". The AC forums can provide you all the info you'd need on this.
 
Well, then don't play it on max settings, simple as that.
Even with a 780ti and a top of the line CPU it's hard to max out most games, at least with stable 60fps at 1080p+.
Ultra settings are called ultra for a reason, no one's forcing you to use the though.

But to be honest, if you can't max out most games with a 780ti and a "high end" - CPU, then I don't know what you're doing. May I ask you what CPU you're using? Are playing out a higher resolution (1440p, 1600p, 4k?) or a higher refresh rate (Anything beyond 60hz basically), because other than that I don't see any reason why you cannot play on high and even Ultra settings easily. A high CPU (4670k for example) and a 780ti should be EASILY capable of 100+ frames and even up to the 130 or 140fps. Even my 3570k (non OC) and HD6850 are able to get about 60fps on high.

However I heard that AC is pretty unoptimised, maybe your setup is suffering under that?
 
But to be honest, if you can't max out most games with a 780ti and a "high end" - CPU, then I don't know what you're doing. May I ask you what CPU you're using? Are playing out a higher resolution (1440p, 1600p, 4k?) or a higher refresh rate (Anything beyond 60hz basically), because other than that I don't see any reason why you cannot play on high and even Ultra settings easily. A high CPU (4670k for example) and a 780ti should be EASILY capable of 100+ frames and even up to the 130 or 140fps. Even my 3570k (non OC) and HD6850 are able to get about 60fps on high.

However I heard that AC is pretty unoptimised, maybe your setup is suffering under that?
I didn't say I can't max it out, I do actually, except for V-Sync.
AC is unoptimized though, I get a better framerate in pCARS on Ultra.

I have a 4770k and play most games at 1440p indeed.
 
I didn't say I can't max it out, I do actually, except for V-Sync.
AC is unoptimized though, I get a better framerate in pCARS on Ultra.

I have a 4770k and play most games at 1440p indeed.

Ah okay, I misunderstood this then. 👍
 
Excuse my ignorance, but what happened to the Ferrari 458 GT2?
 
Back