Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
  • 1,087,558 views
You have to click the left field not the smaller right one and it should work.


Wow, I feel embarrassed right now :lol:. That has worked and now I see it actually says keyboard above the side I was clicking ha.

Thanks mate :cheers:
 
110MB update downloaded, reading at discussion on Steam it seems they updated even more the sounds.
 
Yes you can, it will be an open race with our regular drivers. We are keeping it open to get new people driving, but I will be watching pretty closely and wreckers will be removed quickly. People who look good and CLEAN will be contacted by the group and invited in. Others are welcome to join as well.

Once our rF2 series comes to a close, we will close the AC races, run some one-off races in December and prepare for a league season in early 2015.
 
Anyone feel like the 1.0.3 update undid all the changes to the FFB we got in 1.0.0? I was having a lot of fun with the feel of 1.0.0, but all weekend now it has felt like we're back to more of a "digital" feel (grip comes and goes more suddenly) from before v1.

And on the 'Ring, the tires are already feeling slippery and understeer by the 2nd lap, in the Pflanzgarten the car doesn't want to take the same line as the out lap. 1.0.0 seemed to have adjusted tire wear so I could do 2-3 laps before I felt that kind of deg.
 
I am so tired of these GT3 Servers online. I wish people would use that huge range of great cars instead of tens of server with GT3 cars.
 
YupOTE="Carson79, post: 10165814, member: 190566"]Anyone having any crashing issues?
I keep getting AC launcher error from windows at the end of a race or when exiting the game.
Yup, I get that too.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply.
It's very annoying, and I wasn't sure if it was the PC or the game.
 
Anyone feel like the 1.0.3 update undid all the changes to the FFB we got in 1.0.0? I was having a lot of fun with the feel of 1.0.0, but all weekend now it has felt like we're back to more of a "digital" feel (grip comes and goes more suddenly) from before v1.

And on the 'Ring, the tires are already feeling slippery and understeer by the 2nd lap, in the Pflanzgarten the car doesn't want to take the same line as the out lap. 1.0.0 seemed to have adjusted tire wear so I could do 2-3 laps before I felt that kind of deg.

I think there's still some snap to it, but IMO 1.03 is much better than 1.0. I hadn't played in over a month and was very disappointed how much clutter had been added to the FFB (even with all the filters turned off). And the snap was back with a nasty vengeance for me. One of those updates, IMO, fixed my issues considerably.
 
The FFB is very good IMHO. It's not rF2-good, but it is very good. I haven't had any issues with the FFB with my T500, the FFB just isn't quite as sharp as rF2 and the feedback you get about what your car is doing is not as precise as in rF2.
 
There is a Blancplain series on race department also, which is pretty good.

Here´s the link: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blancpain-gt-series.3748/

I must say, I am really in love with this game. With 1.0 the AI has become awesome! They fight for their positions and dont let you pass easily. Had so many awesome fights in the career mode already. Really, what these few Italian guys made here is insane. The graphics, the physics, the ffb, track accuracy, car detail and much more is so spot on. I tell you, in an 1/2 year this game will get even better and the Nordschleife should be around the corner.

I never had FFB in corners and was wondering why. Yesterday I turned off slip effects completely off and now the FFB also works perfect in corners.

Now I will get Simvibe and some shakers on thursday and cant wait for that experience. I heared that Simvibe is running perfect now with AC?
 
1.0.4 RC
- Fixed server not properly freeing slots leading to many "no slot available" messages
- known issue: engine sound missing when session starts (camera rotates around the car)
- fixed interior engine sound went muffled in the previous update
- fixed digital clicks coming from AI during fast coast/load transitions
- fixed sound clipping (tuned compressor when many cars are involved)
- fixed opponents distance attenuation
- fixed positional sounds for skids
- improved overall volume balance
- fixed some bodywork samples playing when still
- fixed some sample loops
- improved engine spatial position depending of real car engine position
- improved LaFerrari low freq for interior sounds

1.0.5 RC
- fixed acServerLaunchers not serializing Tyre Blankets option
- Fixed "Force On" ABS and TC settings not working as expected
- (WAITING FOR CONFIRMED FIX) Fixed AIM telemetry not loading
- Fixed server not sending the right JSON and not showing up properly in LAN
- Fixed some problems with showroom rendering
- Time Attack : time stops while in pause
 
Thanks, Flaren I was wondering what the patches were for.
 
Anybody know how to mod the app for clutch/brake/throttle bars bigger? Possible?
 
Enjoyed a lap or two of the 'Ring in the GT3 AMG Mercedes car ... handling is really nice, you throw it into the corner and it holds your line quite well. One thing though, there is a lot of input lag, at least twice as much as the Formula Abarth. (With both cars I tested sitting in neutral and pumping the throttle, changing gears, gas then brake while moving, etc...) The GT3 car doesn't register throttle until my foot goes from zero to 100% and then back to zero... while the Formula Abarth at least starts revving up when my foot gets to 100%. Same with the brakes, same with the shifts. Steering too I would guess, although I don't have the driver's arms/wheel turned on but darting left and right was similarly different in registering that I was doing anything.

Hope this will be improved with further updates :)
 
Bought Assetto Cosrsa yesterday.

Few thoughts and questions:

- Sound of cars. It it me or it is really bad ? I mean not in sense of rawness but there are weird things going on. More like quality issue, When you watch replay you have this feeling that someone is recording with phone mic sounds of cars driving by. It imo looks like their engine is giving too much gain and their sound just comes out from game with distortions.
- FFB. Or rather how weird it is. I am using G25. I heard that tracks are laser scanned. This means they should have bumps that i should feel via FFP wheel shaking a little or this trying a little change wheel position. Problem is that i see car shaking under bumps but my wheel is completely static. Next one is centering spring alone. I played LFS and FFB there blew me out of my mind. GT4 and GT5 have nice FFB but here it feels completely weird and feels like grinding gears. When i am at the point where i lose my grip it gives me very lacking FFB feel. I can't sense directly by wheel when my tires loose grip something which was awesome about LFS, here it is kind of a wash I may or may not lost grip in wheels.
Does someone have any G25 for AC profiler setting which i can use. Any help here ?
- cars look fantastic ! Like GT5 but without shadow problems. Though shader they are using for pait is a bit worse than GT5
- laserscaning. Due to my G25 problem i don't see this. I have more FFB from Spa than in AC
- Driving is fantastic. Much better than GT5.

Honestly aside from FFB issues i am happy with AC
 
@Perkel

I realized the bad sounds 2 days ago after I used headphones to play. It really sounded like it were recorded very badly. I thought my headphones are broken. I tested them on an YouTube clip but they were absolutely ok. I hope thats an bug. But as I know, the Z4 GT3 and one other car has the new sound implemented. The other cars will get it.

About FFB, try higher road effects in the FFB settings. I have them at 50 or higher when I remember correctly. And I have zero slip effects. That helped me to get the FFB back in corners. My main FFB is at 80.
 
Anybody know how to mod the app for clutch/brake/throttle bars bigger? Possible?
I browsed through the files and folders but couldn't find any graphics for it, or any parameters in ini files.
- Sound of cars. It it me or it is really bad? I mean not in sense of rawness but there are weird things going on. More like quality issue, When you watch replay you have this feeling that someone is recording with phone mic sounds of cars driving by. It imo looks like their engine is giving too much gain and their sound just comes out from game with distortions.
I'm noticing some distortions too, especially at low rpm. Hopefully it will be sorted.
 
I browsed through the files and folders but couldn't find any graphics for it, or any parameters in ini files.

I'm noticing some distortions too, especially at low rpm. Hopefully it will be sorted.

Yeah by far low RPM are the worst. I mean it sounds exactly like they would slow down mid rpm sample without normalizing pitch.
 
Even the cars with new sound are just not good enough, high rpms still are awfully distorted, engine lack raw ROARs that you can only find in RRE and few cars in Iracing... compare some AC RC 1.04 (Z4 or GT458, the Said "updated") videos with this video of RRE: one (AC) sounds like a game, the other (RRE) sounds like a TV race!



For me, NO games using FMod never impressed me, this sound engine is just not good enough for a racing game in 2014. It's not surprising that only two games with a HAND MADE sound engine are the actual reference in this department...


@Perkel

I realized the bad sounds 2 days ago after I used headphones to play. It really sounded like it were recorded very badly. I thought my headphones are broken. I tested them on an YouTube clip but they were absolutely ok. I hope thats an bug. But as I know, the Z4 GT3 and one other car has the new sound implemented. The other cars will get it.

About FFB, try higher road effects in the FFB settings. I have them at 50 or higher when I remember correctly. And I have zero slip effects. That helped me to get the FFB back in corners. My main FFB is at 80.
 
Bought Assetto Cosrsa yesterday.

Few thoughts and questions:

- Sound of cars. It it me or it is really bad ? I mean not in sense of rawness but there are weird things going on. More like quality issue, When you watch replay you have this feeling that someone is recording with phone mic sounds of cars driving by. It imo looks like their engine is giving too much gain and their sound just comes out from game with distortions.
- FFB. Or rather how weird it is. I am using G25. I heard that tracks are laser scanned. This means they should have bumps that i should feel via FFP wheel shaking a little or this trying a little change wheel position. Problem is that i see car shaking under bumps but my wheel is completely static. Next one is centering spring alone. I played LFS and FFB there blew me out of my mind. GT4 and GT5 have nice FFB but here it feels completely weird and feels like grinding gears. When i am at the point where i lose my grip it gives me very lacking FFB feel. I can't sense directly by wheel when my tires loose grip something which was awesome about LFS, here it is kind of a wash I may or may not lost grip in wheels.
Does someone have any G25 for AC profiler setting which i can use. Any help here ?
- cars look fantastic ! Like GT5 but without shadow problems. Though shader they are using for pait is a bit worse than GT5
- laserscaning. Due to my G25 problem i don't see this. I have more FFB from Spa than in AC
- Driving is fantastic. Much better than GT5.

Honestly aside from FFB issues i am happy with AC

@Perkel

I realized the bad sounds 2 days ago after I used headphones to play. It really sounded like it were recorded very badly. I thought my headphones are broken. I tested them on an YouTube clip but they were absolutely ok. I hope thats an bug. But as I know, the Z4 GT3 and one other car has the new sound implemented. The other cars will get it.

About FFB, try higher road effects in the FFB settings. I have them at 50 or higher when I remember correctly. And I have zero slip effects. That helped me to get the FFB back in corners. My main FFB is at 80.
To that I'd also suggest using the FFB analyzer tool if it still works with the game. I used it pre-1.0 and it worked like a charm and helped me see what was happening with the various setups I had. I don't have a link to it here but it shouldn't be hard to find on the AC forum.
 
To that I'd also suggest using the FFB analyzer tool if it still works with the game. I used it pre-1.0 and it worked like a charm and helped me see what was happening with the various setups I had. I don't have a link to it here but it shouldn't be hard to find on the AC forum.

You mean this? I used it a couple of times but did not invested more time in it because I wait for my V2 Base.
 
You mean this? I used it a couple of times but did not invested more time in it because I wait for my V2 Base.
Yes that's it. Worked like a charm for me and let me know I was getting the most out of my G27 possible.
 
Even the cars with new sound are just not good enough, high rpms still are awfully distorted, engine lack raw ROARs that you can only find in RRE and few cars in Iracing... compare some AC RC 1.04 (Z4 or GT458, the Said "updated") videos with this video of RRE: one (AC) sounds like a game, the other (RRE) sounds like a TV race!



For me, NO games using FMod never impressed me, this sound engine is just not good enough for a racing game in 2014. It's not surprising that only two games with a HAND MADE sound engine are the actual reference in this department...

You're not wrong, but FMOD has more potential than AC currently shows, much more.
If I'm not mistaken, DRIVECLUB uses it too and it sounds absolutely amazing.
Also:

This is what modders can do with FMOD in Shift 2 and if we can have sound like this in AC, I'm more than satisfied.
 
I can kinda understand your complaints about the sounds, but that Z4 GT3 sounds a lot better and is actually pretty much spot on.
 
Has anyone tried these cars from Sim Dream? <link deleted>
Are they good? I'm aching to shell out money for them.

Edit: Never mind, seems they are illegal.
 
Last edited:
As far as I know, the mods sold by Sim Dream are just illegal conversions of car models from Forza with very badly made physics slapped on top. You definitely don't want to give them your money.

Just take a look at this video of their SLR 722:

What kind of steering angle is that supposed to be? The driver has to turn the wheel over 180 degrees to get through a corner! Now, I'm not an expert on the SLR's handling, but somehow I doubt that's how the car behaves in real life.

Do also notice that the FOV of the mirrors is way off and that the driver doesn't have shifting animations. The people who convert cars generally don't bother with details such as proper driver animations or functional instruments and mirrors, which fortunately makes it very easy to spot an illegal conversion.
 
As far as I know, the mods sold by Sim Dream are just illegal conversions of car models from Forza with very badly made physics slapped on top. You definitely don't want to give them your money.

Just take a look at this video of their SLR 722:

What kind of steering angle is that supposed to be? The driver has to turn the wheel over 180 degrees to get through a corner! Now, I'm not an expert on the SLR's handling, but somehow I doubt that's how the car behaves in real life.

Do also notice that the FOV of the mirrors is way off and that the driver doesn't have shifting animations. The people who convert cars generally don't bother with details such as proper driver animations or functional instruments and mirrors, which fortunately makes it very easy to spot an illegal conversion.

I was completely unaware of this, but it seems you are correct. Thanks for the heads up. 👍 I will delete the link from my post.
 
I can kinda understand your complaints about the sounds, but that Z4 GT3 sounds a lot better and is actually pretty much spot on.
The sound itself is pretty good, what breaks it for me is how they are mixing an exaggerated drivetrain noise with it... Not only is extremely exaggerated in the way it just overpowers engine noise, but the wY they are tying it to engine RPM is pretty stupid to be honest...
 
Back