• 131,060 comments
Mind sharing them?
I only got the default white one

hang them on racedepartment

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lynk-co-wtcr.32575/

1588127631375-png.367423

1588127668648-png.367425

New BTCC 2019's skin available for Donington2018 on RD
Change a lot of things, mainly, new green carpets, new billboards, new barriers: a mix of blue/white and red/white like in the actual track.

In the pipes:
-new vintage skin for the new track Willow Springs, a fictional vintage skin based on the movie "Ford vs ferrari" (new billboard from 60's, new concrete walls, new tarmac texture (light red one) and more)
-textures changes for monaco 75 by GZeroD
- early winter skin for Hungaroring
-F1 1975 GP's skin for Watkins Glen (really like this track with lotus 72d and ferrari 312/t)
-New overhaul for my Adelaide skin, i redo most of the textures to give them more life, more details and dirt :)
-rework of my croft skin, like for adelaide, more life and details
-add textures to Oscherlesben skin

New BTCC 2019's skin available for Donington2018 on RD
Change a lot of things, mainly, new green carpets, new billboards, new barriers: a mix of blue/white and red/white like in the actual track.

In the pipes:
-new vintage skin for the new track Willow Springs, a fictional vintage skin based on the movie "Ford vs ferrari" (new billboard from 60's, new concrete walls, new tarmac texture (light red one) and more)
-textures changes for monaco 75 by GZeroD
- early winter skin for Hungaroring
-F1 1975 GP's skin for Watkins Glen (really like this track with lotus 72d and ferrari 312/t)
-New overhaul for my Adelaide skin, i redo most of the textures to give them more life, more details and dirt :)
-rework of my croft skin, like for adelaide, more life and details
-add textures to Oscherlesben skin

Keep going, keep going. This is excellent. Don't forget part 7 of btcc. Some of us are waiting eagerly. :)

hope everyone is well and racing lots whenever possible...
with so many mod updates on a day by day basis, its getting a bit hectic keeping up...

in the meantime I've thoroughly enjoyed driving this car so here's a few more (fictional) race skins for the famous Alfa TZ2.
__custom_showroom_1588165999.png

included is a fictional number plate that you may be pleased to see on this particular car, and assorted car numbers to fill the grid. if anyone would like an individual number (not already listed) let me know, enjoy and see you on the track. any feedback is welcome.

EDIT: skins are for the latest car update of 26Apr (forgot to mention earlier).

Attachments

• Alfa_Romeo_TZ2__skinpack.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Thanks Masscot, some point i'll revise that anim ;this one is such a classic it deserves all the love :-)
You really have to admire the amount of seen and unseen detail in this mod. Because the body model consists of several differents parts it's a difficult mod to skin but I decided to zoom in while in CM showroom an came across this; all in a mod that could have easily skipped this detail. Bravo!
Remember this when you see the inevitable complaint about non-animated wipers :rolleyes:
__custom_showroom_1588174502.jpg

You really have to admire the amount of seen and unseen detail in this mod. Because the body model consists of several differents parts it's a difficult mod to skin but I decided to zoom in while in CM showroom an came across this; all in a mod that could have easily skipped this detail. Bravo!
Remember this when you see the inevitable complaint about non-animated wipers :rolleyes:
View attachment 915740
That's probably just guff left over from the doner car (idk, but I'm assuming Forza, where bonnets can open to view that stuff) so tbh it'd be better to get rid of it as it's using up tris and I'd imagine is bloating the model unneccessarily.

That's probably just guff left over from the doner car (idk, but I'm assuming Forza, where bonnets can open to view that stuff) so tbh it'd be better to get rid of it as it's using up tris and I'd imagine is bloating the model unneccessarily.
For just the purposes of driving probably so but then that's what lods are for. And yes, its overkill if you don't include animation to open the hood. But my admiration was aimed at the creators of the original model, whatever the original source may have been.

The model seems blatantly adapted from the 992 Carrera S by MLSXLD posted a few days ago. RTM truly are shameless.
They might have taken the model from the Porsche online configurator as it's less trouble getting the full model and converting eveything than looking for a wing that matches the target car... Since they only use rips I doubt they would go through the trouble of editing the Carrera S mesh to add a Turbo S wing and ducktail

This is an interesting post from RD - a quick and easy way to make car LODs, apparently. I've always wondered why LODs seem so time consuming to generate when it should be something that computers should be able to do semi-automatically.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/making-car-lods-simple-quick-and-clean.182755/
Had a few tries with this today but I always get errors when saving the kn5 in kseditor. Can't really understand what's going wrong. One of the cars I tried was the new PM3DM 320i.
Anyone had any success with it?

Here is the second part of my Pit Boxes Extension Project:

Northern Europe Trackpack, including the following tracks:
- Auto24Ring by mcarno and optimized by martinsh -> pits extended from 23 to 32
- TT Circuit Assen by NightEye87 -> pits extended from 17 to 34
- Anderstorp 2007 by Rainmaker -> pits extended from 22 to 34
- Norisring 2009 by Rainmaker, Gunnar333 and SandroX -> pits extended from 21 to 30
- Daimler-Teststrecke by Edoardo Bottin and Rainmaker -> pits extended from 22 to 30
- Cadwell Park by Terra21 and Jim Lloyd -> pits extended from 18 to 28
- Top Gear Test Track -> pits extended from 10 to 24 (46 for Multiplayer)

I know I promised 8 tracks, but one track needs a little bit more fixes and it will be released separately.

I created separate layouts for all these tracks with extended pit boxes and start positions. Just download and drop into your track file, it won't overwrite anything. You do need the have the original track though.

If you don't have some of these tracks, there are links to download them in the Readme files. Get them first and then install my pits extension.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure to read the "Important - readme first" files, just to avoid any problems.

NOTE: I don't guarantee that your system will handle all this tracks with extra AI cars, for example mine can handle around 23-25 AI cars and that's it.

LINK: https://mega.nz/folder/eOoQlQZZ#9sKEZR_MbJf6b_MGgBnrow

Big thanks to:
@slider666 for teaching me how to add pits properly and helping with various problems and questions, it wouldn't be possible without his help!
@Fanapryde for taking the time to create previews for each track, it's a huge Quality of Life improvement.
@LiquidSkyMan for doing his AI magic and also providing me with some excellent music to listen to while modding :)

I will release 4 more Trackpacks, next one will be called "Oceanic Track Pack" and will include 6 tracks from Australia and New Zealand. I should post it in the next few days :)

LODs as far as I'm aware of still aren't automated neither computer generated because it's not only about decimating a mesh. You've got to choose wisely what and where to reduce the poly count otherwise you'll introduce artifacts like screwed up shading on the model... A lot of times it involves a substantial retopology work. If they had a process that used machine learning (kinda like current subsampling technologies are starting to use) then it's got room to become closer to a couple button presses and off you go but I guess we're just not there yet

I had the same thing with all his 'extra' cams.

I am a she for a start. And secondly I was practising on this track so had loads of cameras which i suggested if wanted i could upload here....

The 'extra' cams work fine my end and i did post fully explaining why they won't and it is because the track folder is a bit messed up.....

If you don't like the 'extra' cams then feel free to go back to having none...
cheers.

Turismo Carretera. Argentinian Touring Cars. Velo had these on his website but removed for reasons. Wasn't expecting them to pop out anywhere.
Are those reasons in any way reason for me to delete the post? Cause I can do that, no problem.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back