Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
It is done, but I wonder who would you kill? lol Get it here in our FB group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/940405266010495

or here :P

https://mega.nz/file/nDhFUKaA#FtXwmSlAy9D5ZBuJXCG1EsRAEy0UDhd7tMcw_6y8oxo

wtKWqp9.jpg

WSNSYd0.jpg

New camera for this track.
Place into the 'Road' data folder. The oval already has a good camera and the roval I've not looked at yet.
Cheers.

Attachments

• cameras_1.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 19
By Thuakien Lu II, converted from GT6 - Mazda RX7 Touring Car version

95714100_231205314882094_4013467369824321536_n.jpg

Added new RE gauge, M3 seat and seatbelt in the driver, more livery, added carpet, fixed grille, gauge and body shader, added ext_config.ini in skins (like the plate disappeared in racing livery and disappear badge in street livery
Spec:
Rims: Enkei PF05S
Engine: tuned 13B Kunos Sound
Gauge: toruing car 9000 rpm
Mazda 787B Seatbelt
Touring car kit from gt6
GT steering wheel
Plasma flames
Group C caliper and Disc
KW suspension
HKS 5 speed 6 speed and 787B drivetrain
HKS final ratio
Physics: LTK
Animation: LTK
Sound: Kunos
3D: LTK / GT6
Colider: Kunos
You will need Japan DLC pack, if you don't have, you can't play it
Download: https://mega.nz/file/cIFRTCrL#Qd2A7ptraxdd7FxytWdzQ2EY3WmfG2kULceiQ5TPqys

Hi just downloaded the track and it looks really good , I will try and sort some A.I. out layer today for it , Also noticed that in your vids that your using a Lada Vesta TC1 just wanted to know if you have a link or where i can get this as i would very much like this car to complete my WTCC collection .

Regards
Hello mate. it's not a Vesta, its Granta =) can take it here . But i doubt about quality of this http://assetto-db.com/car/lada_granta
and Vesta TCR is here https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/lada-vaz

...those are the two from Assettoland, they have wrong proportions.That's pretty easy to see loading....

As yourself and Mascot discussed, I did scale the model. Quite hard to do as the model might be the wrong size in all axes but not by the same amount so round things become ovals. But Kunos' models aren't exact either.
..... Legion or someone will be able to finish off the classic part & remove the 'new' pit building etc

Classic layout as in the track version they use for the 'Classic' events held at the track now. For the earlier version of the track I am surprised that the rFactor track hasn't been ported over.
......car does have a few issues that .....like a proper shifting animation and timing, hands that actually grip the steering wheel, and LCD digits that aren't floating in space. These things alone make it pretty unusable in VR. Legion knows I love his work so won't be offended ....

I need to know about these bugs before I can fix 'em. Not using the wheel or VR means I don't see that type of error. But with such a backlog of cars on my blog, even knowing all the bugs, some are bound to get missed.
Have I just blown the 928..? ;)

You want a blown 928? :lol: but seriously there are examples in NASA racing and 1000hp plus versions in short track classes.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I also did a GT1 tune for the SLR McLaren 722 GT over on Assettoland and it's ready for downloading now I think. (I did say I had a list, didn't I?)

Changes are included in the car's info, but in short I redid the power.lut, lowered the weight, added V10 tires, updated the UI and balanced it with my GT1 cars. It runs pretty well with the RSS GT pack too when I drive it myself. I'm hitting pretty similar lap times. The AI is too so that's good news.

If you're like me and always wanted a GT1 version of the SLR, this will fill that void pretty well, at least I think. The skins are pretty terrible on this car and the model itself isn't as high-detail as I'd want it to be. Plus it really doesn't look anything like the real 722 GT because I think this model is probably just the modified version from Shift 1, so that would explain the bodywork differences. If you're willing to look past that, I think it makes for a good representation of the 722 GT.

So it should drive better due to the newer v10 2000's GT1 compounds from the AI, it has a boatload of torque and it weighs nothing compared to what it did before. I had quite a lot of fun just pounding out lap after lap on the Red Bull Ring with the RSS GT1 cars, the Maserati and the LFA tune from before.

(I have an Aston One-77 and SLR Roadster GT1 in the works as well, so I really should just make it a "GT1 Fiction" pack at this point, probably.)

preview.jpg

There's a version @safi hellie had out a long while ago when we had first started tinkering around with getting the car BoP'd to the TCL class.
I finally got back to fixing what I had after getting the wheels and tyres scaled down. I couldn't take it that say, driving in the Toyota 2000, looking out the side window, the tyres of the E-Type were taller than the view out the windshield. It looked wrong to me. That's the only model change though.
I have two versions I use, one for a mid 60's Le Mans/Daytona grid and the other for a scaled back match with the TC Legends pack. Physics have been redone. What were the issues you had with the original car?
It really is too long ago to remember the details much.
As far as I can remember:
- cockpit had many holes and misaligned objects (see through road, very bad window frames, etc)
- suspension physics were set up pretty wrong to start with (in single player) front wheels would clip through the front fenders massively due to wrongly set up suspension and when hinting on this issue in a very friendly way all I got back was a snappy "learn how to mod and make your own mods" comment (hilarious - the guy is a tool or maybe he really just had a very, very bad day)
- some easily fixable issues in terms of shaders and textures (low res and bad color balance)

Hi!
Small question: what is the difference between this and this BMW M1?
UPD: I definitely noticed one difference: on the Bazza version, the anti-sun sticker is not displayed on the windshield.
I think it's just two different peoples interpretation of the same car. I don't believe there is a list but I tested both and kept both I believe for more testing. Can't remember if one was better than the other but it's nice to have options I suppose .

it's not about the camtool, it's about the ui.
you know, the "replay" font and logos etc.

the funny thing is that one of the members here uploaded this screenshot

My bad - I thought it was all part of the same thing. To me it just looks like someone ripped a screen from youtube...in which case it's probably just an overlay made for that video. Sorry i can't really help further

My bad - I thought it was all part of the same thing. To me it just looks like someone ripped a screen from youtube...in which case it's probably just an overlay made for that video. Sorry i can't really help further
don't worry about that haha

It really is too long ago to remember the details much.
As far as I can remember:
- cockpit had many holes and misaligned objects (see through road, very bad window frames, etc)
- suspension physics were set up pretty wrong to start with (in single player) front wheels would clip through the front fenders massively due to wrongly set up suspension and when hinting on this issue in a very friendly way all I got back was a snappy "learn how to mod and make your own mods" comment (hilarious - the guy is a tool or maybe he really just had a very, very bad day)
- some easily fixable issues in terms of shaders and textures (low res and bad color balance)
Ok, thanks for the info. The suspension and wheels popping through has been taken care of, I basically redid a lot of the car (data) now. From AI to tyres and steering to engine/diff.
I'm not as knowledgeable at doing shaders as some around here and I use a single screen so didn't notice holes. Maybe someone else can help in that area or at least point me where to learn. And I won't snap back at you if you tell me it sucks donkey dong. Just try to fix it from there.
Another problem is that the car doesn't have interior glass too. I'm pretty easy going on models though. I let some stuff slide if the car is fun. I know some people like all the detail and certainly holes in the interior matter to the VR users. Well, the point is to make it better so let's get it there. It's already being tested by a couple people.

, sorry that was my mistake not up on the lada cars , I’ve tried looking at the link and original source for the Granta but there is no available download that I can see , bit of a shame, thank you for posting the links though
there is LAda Grantu cup made with good quality https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lada-granta-cup.5963/
TCR version as well.

But that on my video - it need rebuild. Also i wish someone can make LynkCo with proper physics as well

version 0.8 added the FX configuration file.
If could dear safi hellie edit the cameras on the Loop track configuration

I had some rare time tonight so I put together these cameras for Hradek to try to prove to myself I could still do it. Delete the ".txt" and place in the loop_race data folder. It's ok to overwrite because the default camera file is rubbish. There's one small place where sight of the car is lost briefly so please forgive that.

Edit: Now includes new fast_lane.ai with updated side lines to fix AI erratic behavior. Delete the ".txt" and place in the loop_race ai folder.

Attachments

• cameras.ini.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 33
  • fast_lane.ai.txt
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I want to share my rainy tyre spray settings with you all.

The concept was to have a wet race with a dynamic weather plan where wet spray would also appear dynamic based on conditions. For example, more dramatic spray as the rain gets heavier, and less noticeable if the race ends in an overcast situation with no rain and just a wet track.

My solution was to place a tyre_smoke_grass config file inside the all rain related weather folders. There's already a lua file with the same name in these folders, which you will need to rename to tyre_smoke_grass_BACKUP (or whatever, just so it doesn't get read)

1. Place the attached Config file in one or all rainy weather folders ...\assettocorsa\content\weather\
2. Rename the existing tyre_smoke_grass.lua file to something else
3. Turn off "New Smoke & Dust" CM\Settings\Custom Shaders\Particles FX
4. Launch a session on a wet track with a weather that has the new config file.
5. Create a dynamic weather plan in the SOL weather plan menu.

The way SOL seems to work is that the tyre spray settings for the entire session (even if you force a new weather mid-session) is determined by the weather that you started the session with. The brightness of the spray is largely determined by the brightness of the weather conditions and time of day. For night races, you may want to lower the opacity value in the config file.

Config file:

Here are some examples of this single config in various scenarios.
Rain:
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_mugello_2-5-120-19-7-0.jpg

Heavy Rain
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_mugello_2-5-120-19-10-31.jpg

Overcast
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_mugello_2-5-120-19-12-13.jpg

Was there a better way to do this? let me know.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_carrera_rsr_mugello_2-5-120-20-20-21.jpg

OK i'll post some pics of my track folder:
Click into the track.

View attachment 916753

This is the inside of the folder. Because he added dry and wet tracks later, you still have the ORIGINAL data folder in here. I suppose you could remove it, but l left it in...if it ain't broken and all of that..
So you need to add the cameras into the DRY folder data folder plus the WET track data folder.

View attachment 916754

So as above if you click into DATA track folder for example you will see the pic below.
First camera.ini is the one that came with the track.
Next 3 are mine...

View attachment 916755

Now the confusion arises because if the DRY / WET track folders..... They too have separate DATA folders inside them..
make sure you add the cameras in those as well.
So if you are using the DRY track and the cameras are in the WET file only, then no cameras...

So to re cap.
DATA folder add cameras..
DRY TRACK, click into it and add cameras in DATA folder in there.
Same with WET track..

Should all be dandy now, provided you didn't have other cameras already in them and if so simply rename them to higher number.

camera_(insert number).ini

Hope this helps.

Ah..I only put them in the main data folder is what I did wrong. Thanks a bunch for the detailed reply and those cameras are REALLY great!

How can I not? If I have her here in my game. Imola (4909m, 32 pitboxes), By OSRW.

Isn't that the standard Imola-layout with extended pit slots? I was talking about the 2001 layout. And yes I had forgotten about that GP4-conversion, which you be just fine, if it would not be visually as outdated as it is (looks actually better in Grand Prix 4).

There is some new NA1 NSX mod at assettoland.But its so encrypted it wont even work haha Shame.I wanted to try it I dont like NA1 from RD anymore after last 3, 4 updates.Can I download older versions somewhere?Thanks
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland

EDIT.Found an old versions on RD history...
Personally I found the last two updates just ruined the handling physics IMO, as being too twichy and unpredictable at times. Now I'm glad you had mentioned it is possible to download older version, and that has finally solved my "feud" with the latest update version

When they DO release the vehicle officially...will it be on their Instagram or something like here or Race Department do you know?
Looks like Brahman were duped. The car they released was the correct one, but it is awful. Grab the one from Assettoland instead, it's improved but still not great.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back