Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,752 comments

The trick is to not post when I am asleep.;)
Anyhoo that ctrl is only controlling the braking effect when the wing is activated, the wing is activated by CM. brb need to switch to my gaming PC. :boggled:misremembered:boggled:
I guess I couldn't work it out myself, so that's why I tied it to the Brake pedal.
If you want to use is mid corner after braking then just drag the brake a little.
But at the moment it provides no downforce, in fact it causes lift which I will change, but even then said downforce will be 4/5ths of fek all.

Last edited:
When driving the urd dtm 2018, I can see the rear wings animation on the AI cars in the drs zone, but the rear wing of my own car is not animated even if I press the drs button, is it the same for every one?
Does someone has the solution?
Just checked all three car (v1.3): rear wing animation works fine.

I made new AI Fastlane and track boundries for the main layout of Chayka Racing Circuit.

It's my first attempt at correcting AI for a track and I realise that what I have done is definitely not perfect, but maybe someone will find this useful as the AI can finally complete a race without DNF-ing on the first lap.

Link: https://mega.nz/#!eDx2jIwI!vXd3-gFK1vvIDLFJU6E7uoteoYpEJbCF1LYK-qrOPm8
What version of Chaika are you using ?
The DL shows chayka. Is that the Gilles conversion ?
I have pfc_chayka installed.

Recap of the week

Shelby Mustang GT350 R by deCarrera (a fabulous vintage car)

Bahrein 2020 by jk0011 (oustanding job)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ehyd9j6fyonosl8/bahrain_2020.7z/file
Alfa Romeo 155 DTM 1995 by Sylana82
(a phenomenal car to drive)
https://sharemods.com/ypkobj62ts4g/Alfa_Romeo_155_V6_Ti_DTM_v1.01.7z.html
BMW M1 Procar E26 by :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/mxv1gpxqwymce0k/bmw_m1_m88.rar/file
HONDA NSX GT3 by GTPlanet Modding Team
(essential of the week)
https://sharemods.com/58evroarh1ic/Honda_NSX_GT3_ACC_V1.2_GTPlanet_Modding_Team.7z.html

and the sharing of updates for the ASR cars by Elio92
(must-have)
https://www.asrformula.com/simulator/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/

and the sharing of the chinese track by TonyBarracuda and wejhvabewjty
https://mega.nz/#!mxdSVaST!ax6xQ49t7Iiq33hUynn3HBoWfH8Dp7K_uCVGgW67YUY
https://mega.nz/#!ugVCkCQC!ZEatDJer3mtAPunFys__CHDDM-9dhBGsHnbDWDETOls

Ferrari 158 Physics Update by Ted Hough
(worth trying)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/e2w9...1500_Ferrari_158_Physics_update_v1.2.rar/file

Porsche 997 Turbo sharing car by Masscot
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jgsv9ormc68325f/GeroDa74_Por_997_T_V_1.21D.rar/file

I hope I haven't forgotten anything. :gtplanet:

thanks to everyone :cheers:

Last edited:
What version of Chaika are you using ?
The DL shows chayka. Is that the Gilles conversion ?
I have pfc_chayka installed.
I am using version 0.9, but I am not sure whose version is this. I remember I found it somewhere in this thread some time ago.

I managed to grab it using the yandex link from that post just now..but I'll happily upload it here if anyone wants a different link for it and @delpinsky is happy for me to do so
My Bentley mod is still alive somewhere, packed on my backup hard disk :D
I believe it's the V1.3

But hey, my old links work... in the mutli-mirror host, there are links tested now available and also Yandex link works. 👍
Anyway here, new link:
https://sharemods.com/o4ln6dg9fglw/Bentley_Continental_GT3_fix_V1.3_by_delpinsky.7z.html

The trick is to not post when I am asleep.;)
I'll try to do that x)

After exploring the DRS way, the solution would be to make a wing-animations.ini, create a wing_1.ksanim and put a FILE=wing_1.ksanim in the wing....ions.ini.

I'm used to race old cars without drs so i don't know a lot about it... The DRS can't be activated whenever we want right ? it has to be in a DRS Zone on the track ?

*EDIT*: I just realised that you are the one who made the 300SLR with the airbrake ... •.•, this is one of my fav car so i wanted to make each chassis (7) with their variation.
I have the original data with torque curve from the factory. Gear ratio for each race, everything needed to make each car.
That's why a wanted to be able to deploy the airbrake with a button like the real car.

Last edited:
My Bentley mod is still alive somewhere, packed on my backup hard disk :D
I believe it's the V1.3

But hey, my old links work... in the mutli-mirror host, there are links tested now available and also Yandex link works. 👍
Anyway here, new link:
https://sharemods.com/o4ln6dg9fglw/Bentley_Continental_GT3_fix_V1.3_by_delpinsky.7z.html

All good...I didn't post a link out of respect but was offering an option in case you didn't have it anymore...I know some people don't like using it but the Yandex worked for me anyways. :cheers:

@Beezer215 Ended up resetting my sol config as it was giving me nasty red colours everywhere but after doing that and messing with my current ppfilter and Sol config with some of the settings you'd posted I think I'm happy with my new found sun glare.
This is CSP 1.4 by the way
LW9Pfun.jpg

Last edited:
The whine seems to be part of the engine sound and can't be isolated separately, but by reducing the engine volume I'm happy enough with how it now sounds. It's definitely quieter, its volume certainly decreased along with that of the engine.

Of course, it'd be better if the mod was altered at source by the original creator rather than fudged with a config, but it appears @DJDialga1 is happy with the current levels.

Yeah sorry for the way late reply. As I said before, I get busy during the weekdays so It's impossible for me to fix or respond to things during that time. I'm currently working on fixing the issue right now, as it seems a lot of people don't like how loud the cockpit is (I wasn't aware it was so loud, maybe it's cause my system volume is never set too high) and am currently working to fix the issue. For the transmission whine I'll be lowering it in both volume and pitch and working to find a cleaner internal downshift sample from the sources I have to remove the traces of it from the engine sound. Also I'll be lowering the Turbo Sound(Which I'm realizing is the whistle everybody was probably referring to) in order to not be so obstructive. Also, I'll be adding the braking sounds I had on the ST Evo as I forgot to put those in with this car.

@Beezer215 Ended up resetting my sol config as it was giving me nasty red colours everywhere but after doing that and messing with my current ppfilter and Sol config with some of the settings you'd posted I think I'm happy with my new found sun glare.
LW9Pfun.jpg
There you go. That looks nice. I'm really impressed with that new Sol Sun Dazzle feature. Of course you may need to adjust some settings to your TV, or configs or whatever but looks like you got it.
Sol can do so much and comes out of the box in a somewhat dormant state.

...this is one of my fav car so i wanted to make each chassis (7) with their variation.
I have the original data with torque curve from the factory. Gear ratio for each race, everything needed to make each car.
That's why a wanted to be able to deploy the airbrake with a button like the real car.

DRS can be used at anytime, unless the track has DRS zones, but it is also disabled when you apply the brakes so it's not so much use in this instant.

Please PM those specs you have and I can update the car. I can use 'Gearsets' to have the ratios they used at each track available.

There you go. That looks nice. I'm really impressed with that new Sol Sun Dazzle feature. Of course you may need to adjust some settings to your TV, or configs or whatever but looks like you got it.
Sol can do so much and comes out of the box in a somewhat dormant state.

Yeah I'll probably tweak it some more but thanks for your input in helping me get it to this stage.
What looks really good is the clouds at Bathurst at 5.30pm now have a gorgeous red tint to them and the sky just looks so much more realistic. Just don't do what I did and make the sun 10000 times bigger cause you really do need your sunglasses on if you do that :lol:

Just checked all three car (v1.3): rear wing animation works fine.

when you press drs, your wing open, anywhere or just in the drs zone. Could you send me a data folder of one of the car, I could check where mine is faulty. I have checked and I have a wing animation in animation, a drs command in aero and a wing command in drs. I am puzzled!

when you press drs, your wing open, anywhere or just in the drs zone. Could you send me a data folder of one of the car, I could check where mine is faulty. I have checked and I have a wing animation in animation, a drs command in aero and a wing command in drs. I am puzzled!
Just tried hockenheim and it only works in drs zone, so...I guess you have faulty dtm cars. :D

All good...I didn't post a link out of respect but was offering an option in case you didn't have it anymore...I know some people don't like using it but the Yandex worked for me anyways. :cheers:
I was asking you to write down the link, but I had my backup hard disk on, so I uploaded it anyway and then I checked the links... woow still alive :D

LW9Pfun.jpg
Hey Mr Boo, that sun glare looks really nice! Would you mind sharing your ppfilter and sol config as well as your sol version. Would love to try and replicate this. Thanks.

Hey Mr Boo, that sun glare looks really nice! Would you mind sharing your ppfilter and sol config as well as CSP and sol versions. Would love to try and replicate this. Thanks.

I'm using Wagnums PPFilter but modified it using @Beezer215 's settings. If you have that filter make sure you back it up first and just copy mine over. (Make sure you Rename it to A-Wagnum.ini)

Then in SOL_Config do this

- page 1 - Make sure the ppfilter can modify the 4 areas at the bottom of the page.
- page 6 - Sun Dazzle mix - 65 | Sun Dazzle Strength - 75 | Zenith Multi - 0 - Sun Sky Bloom - 54
- page 12 - Nerd Sun Adjust - LS Saturation - 110 | LS Level - 400
AP Saturation - 500
AP Level - ~200

Thanks loads to Beezer for these although mine are slightly different..but have a play around with them yourself and see what you come up with.
And also change the times of the day as you'll get better results at certain times. My pic was around 5pm I think.

I use CSP 1.40 and I'm not sure what version of sol I'm using lol. I think it's 1.4 but it might be the one before that ( i might just be dumb but I can't see where to tell what version it is)

Attachments

• A-Wagnum.ini.txt
    6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Yeah sorry for the way late reply. As I said before, I get busy during the weekdays so It's impossible for me to fix or respond to things during that time. I'm currently working on fixing the issue right now, as it seems a lot of people don't like how loud the cockpit is (I wasn't aware it was so loud, maybe it's cause my system volume is never set too high) and am currently working to fix the issue. For the transmission whine I'll be lowering it in both volume and pitch and working to find a cleaner internal downshift sample from the sources I have to remove the traces of it from the engine sound. Also I'll be lowering the Turbo Sound(Which I'm realizing is the whistle everybody was probably referring to) in order to not be so obstructive. Also, I'll be adding the braking sounds I had on the ST Evo as I forgot to put those in with this car.

Thanks for your excellent work to improve this mod and making more updates (and listening to all us whine about the volume level). Adding the brake sounds will be awesome. One thing that indicates to me that the audio for a car is too loud (besides having to turn down my sound system before my neighbors call the police) is that I can't hear the crew chief or Gamer Muscle's voice for RSR at it's default volume setting that can be heard with other cars. I can understand how easy it is to do this--I edited audio for a show, and overdid some thunder effects. Some audience members almost had a heart attack as the venue's sound system was way more powerful than my home system.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back