Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,795 comments
Open the 7z file and then drag the contents of that into content manager.

@MisterWaffles, yeah, this isn't set up correctly for drag-and-drop onto CM. If you have any problems trying what Letsdothis97 suggests, I'd open the the 7z file (with 7z, free, you probably know this), and drag the two 7z files inside that to a location on your hard drive, so they "copy out" of the first 7z file. You might then open those to check that they're actually set up with the correct folder structure if you want to drag and drop them, or you could install them manually.

That new GT500 pack from Chivas is really annoying. I've tried several methods of unpacking it but it throws hundreds of errors every time. Does anyone know what's up here?

Still prefer the manual install.

I just extracted the .rar, opened 2013 SGT GT500 MOD folder.
Extracted the .rar 2013 SUPER GT GT50 20 Mod by Chivas Autoart Public Release v1, opened 2013 SUPER GT GT500 Mod by Chivas Autoart Public Release v1 folder.
Opened content -> cars -> selected all 8 car folders and cut->past to AC cars folder.
Under 1 mnt and its done, without losses.

Tried all cars, everything is fine.

Ok, I tried the method of extracting the first folder, creating a new folder, moving the two zip files into the new folder and extracting them there. That allowed me to unpack them without having any errors. I have since installed them properly. Thanks.

im curious to know if Grand Prix 4 is also laserscanned, since i know all tracks are done via GPS and laser
From what I can remember reading in magazines, in various game reviews, features and interviews with Geoff Crammond, GP4 was made using GPS data, possibly for the previous versions too, as the tracks even in F1GP(GP1) in 1992, were very accurate indeed.

Since a couple of days the AI always have their lights on. Tried also the obvious possibilities but probably I'm missing one? Do you (or anyone else) have the solution? CSP1.52 SOL151

- (un)checked real condtions in drive tab
- SOL config in game (un)checked CSP lights controlled by SOL (page 3)
- (un)checked seasonal adjustments
- WeatherFX: Misc. (un)checked both -> turn headlights on when AI does that, if date not set use original sun trajectory
- tried several tracks MOD and KS - several continents/all seasons - and set the time 2PM

Hopefully someone has the right 'fix' for this stressful moment (who does recognize that: While trial and error-ing and you're out of options - at least that's what I'm thinking right now) :confused:

Edit: ooh and when going back to CSP1.46, 47,48,49,50 it is ok. But for more and more cars/features you need CSP1.52 (and also 151 has always AI lights on)

I have a fix that i used.
Try this in sol config when on track.

On the tab for headlights pop these in, but please note down the current ones in case...

headlights if sun angle is under: 3
head lights if bad weather: 0.50
head lights if ambient light is under: 0.75

Addition of the grandstand at the Parabolica for 1966 Revamped version
Addition of the 3 rails + deletion of some trees in variante ascari, redone of collision of the pit buidling to match the 3D, I'm usine Legion Monza World of world for that the 3 Walls, I hope he will accept that i can use these.

Concerning the AO terrain map, Maybe We can use the skin function to bypass that technical issue for the moment.

I will start to make 2 or 3 mores rails to make the 71 version soon

Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_spyder_rs_ks_monza66_6-5-120-0-37-35.jpg

i have noticed a big difference in my wheel the fanatec V2.5 base . before with the game GYRO the wheel just got nulled for me. it lost alot of the small twitches that you get on cambers in order to help with the high speed back and fourth wobbles youll get in like F1 cars. NOW with the new ffb update gyro tweaks turned on and the kunos gyro off. i dont get high speed wobbles, yet cambers in the track seem to really give you a ding here and there. i thought each car feels more and more unique now. i can tell a rear engine car through my wheel much more clearly with the new added ffb tweaks. like eyes closed can tell. and at high speed instead of shakes you the bumbs in the road just give you a nod hear and there, but overall it feels much more authentic to me. Kunos GYRO seemed to work insanely well to keep the wheel form oscillation back and fourth at high speed in high downforce cars. but also it took small cambers and curbs in the road when they want to give your wheel a quick snap and instantly must have registered them as oscillation so you lost alot of curb feel. unless you turned it way up to like 150% curb feel. with the new gyro and kerb effects as low as 50-90% curbs will really give the wheel a ding yet at high speed im not longer getting wobbles.

MY vr has been a little less clear since that CSP update though im still working out that kink. at 1.5 pixel per eye i think any higher would be game impairing. so its something els. the game wasnt as fuzzy before this sol/csp update. something i turned on changed it and im still looking. or it could be a default kunos visual setting that i turned down and forgot. anyhow i noticed a difference in the FFB tweaks option . a big one
do you have a form of fxaa on maybe? made that game a bit fuzzy for me in vr too.

Ok, I tried the method of extracting the first folder, creating a new folder, moving the two zip files into the new folder and extracting them there. That allowed me to unpack them without having any errors. I have since installed them properly. Thanks.
i just drag the folders to the car folder, works fine 100% of the time. 👍

View attachment 918123 View attachment 918100 Hey gang, Newbie here, have been creeping, learning alot from y'all about the workings of AC/CM/CSP. Thanks! My background is in CG/animation, but have been hooked on virtual racing through GPL/F1-99-02/the GTRs/rFactors etc. I was sure that rFactor2 was gonna win, but of course AC crushed it.
I do alot of customization for offline ai racing, a nut for immersion, 60s-90s racing, WSC/CanAm/DRM mostly. I do authentic driver lineups, alot of BOPing and AI_Hints.ini (learning!) to get my opponents to act like real drivers (while making them much harder to beat) Ok, I'm described. I will proceed to ask too many questions, but will be contributing stuff, for sure.

Question: As I'm driving through various landscapes there's some cases where it's very obviously rendering the shadows and details right in front of me as I drive. So for example going up a long hill at Solitude it's as if this wonderfully rendered scenes is like a bubble around the car that only reaches so far ahead of me (in many cases not far enough ahead) and ends up doing it's rendering visibly as I drive (only the shadows, grassfx, not the whole scene and only on-car cameras show it). I tried extending hither/yon planes in Graphics Adjustments -Adaptive Clip planes and LOD Multiplier in cm/csp to no avail. Seems like it's something that's up to CSP, but where? (and what does FOV exponent do?) (i9/64GB/2080ti/Fanatec2.5 etc)

Show me please... (arrow shows the bubble edge)

If the problem you describe is indeed only shadow rendering related you should check this page:
2020-05-06 065226 screenshot.jpg

Activate the extension and then play with the three quality distances for the view you want to adjust (internal / external views separately).
Be careful not to crank the shadow quality up too much (performance) but instead while driving around a track, mark the place you want to adjust the shadows for and tweak the shadows only there.

Tip:
Changes of CSP settings do work LIVE while in session.
Run ACC (in a replay for example), change to teh camera view you have the problem with, pause the replay where you have the issue, ALT+TAB to CM and make a tweak and see LIVE the actual change it makes in teh render ;-)

Happy tweaking!

Also make sure to save different presets of CSP settings for different purposes (I made myself LOW/MED/HIGH presets where I use LOW for very demanding tracks with large grids and HIGH for running alone on a track with maximum eye candy).
If you also keep a DEFAULT preset it saves you from clicking through each page and manually resetting should you ever want to start from scratch with your CSP settings.

Yes I am part of the team, I help with the physics, talking with other teams for models, references and research and funding. ...

Hats off dude to you and all your team, this 2013 GT500 mod rocks !
Strange but I didn't notice reflection on sun strip from my cockpit view as Masscot describe. The only issue I found is that Honda type B has brighter rear brake light than type A and C. And honestly the bright one is easier to see.
Otherwise everything else is almost perfect.

Just pushed the donate button because you deserve it. thanks guys.

Last edited:
ahem...

ATtENtIOn, PlEaSe!

...Thank you.

This is an essential download for the Donkervoort D8 GT4 mod. There have been a few different versions of the car being uploaded here by various people attempting to fix things (mainly the licence plate). While this is appreciated, it has led to me receiving negative feedback about the v1.1 upload that I didn't initially understand and caused some miscommunication. I was told that the car was too slow, and the auto-shifting didn't work properly. I was initially confused as I hadn't changed the car's stats since the original version from April 19th was posted, yet after reviewing the latest post here and the original version, it has come to my attention that someone has changed the data file with intent from it's original specifications. This has caused a number of issues, which have been remedied by replacing the data file with my version from April 19th.

I am not angry at anyone, or pointing fingers at anyone, it's just that a version of this mod has now been spread which does not carry the original intent or specifications from me. As such, it is important that you delete your current version of the car, no matter when you downloaded it, and replace it with the newest version available which has been tested and approved by me.

So included in this new Version 1.2 are...

- A deleted licence plate from @GzeroD, thanks for the help there.
- UI changes for the country.
- Changes to the description so I don't look illiterate.
- A slight tweak of the transmission. Upshifts and downshifts have been quickened by a tenth of a second.
- My original unchanged specs from Version 1 that are balanced to GT4 cars.

Naturally, this version includes all visual changes from Version 1.1 posted a few days ago. Darkened springs and altered stripes from @MrB00

Thank you for downloading this latest and correctest version of the mod. Please enjoy, and apologies for the inconvenience.

preview.jpg

Ok, got it. Thanks to Slider666 and Menos for the info. As it turns out, it wasn't any of those (although I'm now armed with that info thanks!), it was the single setting under ExtraFX.... Analyze Depth. (Tried Limit Shadows in CPU Optimizations...nope. Went back to standard clip plane depths... no change.) The "bubble" I was driving in is gone. I could always see an unfinished render just around the next corner (at Solitude) before, now every corner I come around reveals shadows already rendered, to full depth. Yeehaaa :) (I'm not a cowboy, I just come from Alberta)

and Slider666, Solitude is pretty darn good. I remember it from GPL or rFactor1 as a pretty bleak strip of pavement. Just the GrassFX brought it up 80%. (Of course, who doesn't want to see a Fat-Alfie version ;) )

Thanks!
AnalyzeDepth.JPG

BTW, I can still see the GrassFX details being rendered in the distance (about bubble depth) but that's insignificant in the illusion-breaking realm, nowhere near the shadow problem)

Last edited:
Yes I am part of the team, I help with the physics...
The cars handle just like high downforce cars should, very nice even wobbles correctly. But it seems they accelerate from medium speeds to top speed too quickly. & I doubt they should even reach over 180mph. I'm getting low 6:1n's on nordschleife as opposed to 6:25's with URD DTM mods.

Since a couple of days the AI always have their lights on. Tried also the obvious possibilities but probably I'm missing one? Do you (or anyone else) have the solution? CSP1.52 SOL151

- (un)checked real condtions in drive tab
- SOL config in game (un)checked CSP lights controlled by SOL (page 3)
- (un)checked seasonal adjustments
- WeatherFX: Misc. (un)checked both -> turn headlights on when AI does that, if date not set use original sun trajectory
- tried several tracks MOD and KS - several continents/all seasons - and set the time 2PM

Hopefully someone has the right 'fix' for this stressful moment (who does recognize that: While trial and error-ing and you're out of options - at least that's what I'm thinking right now) :confused:

Edit: ooh and when going back to CSP1.46, 47,48,49,50 it is ok. But for more and more cars/features you need CSP1.52 (and also 151 has always AI lights on)

Not at my racing rig right now, so I can't be too precise but... if you look in the Track Adjustments tab in the CSP settings page, there's something called 'Force AI Lights', or something like that. If you make sure that isn't ticked, AI cars shouldn't have lights on during daylight. If they still do, the error is generally in the track config file, but that's another story to fix.

Is there a way to scale up, or change the column width of the entry list in AC? (AC/CM/CSP)

GridWindow.JPG

And, is there a way to correct the cars that show up without a description? (In this case, the F40 Competitzione and the Mazda 787B.)

I am more concerned if there is any Tsukuba track mod has full functional AIs, the one I currently got always have the ones on the rear of the grid kissing the wall at the beginning of the race

Here is an updated AI with new track limits. Extract into the "tracks" folder. It will overwrite the old AI file so save it first if you wish to keep it. The AI line is the same but with new side lines. Full and short layouts are included.

Attachments

• Tsukuba AI With New Track Limits.zip
    800.4 KB · Views: 45
Is there a way to scale up, or change the column width of the entry list in AC? (AC/CM/CSP)

View attachment 918201

And, is there a way to correct the cars that show up without a description? (In this case, the F40 Competitzione and the Mazda 787B.)
Unfortunately the columns in the detailed grid view cnnot be adjusted beyond changing the overall window size (which does add/remove columns) but you cannot individually adjust column widths :-(

The missing info has to be added to the car.ini file which is packed inside the data.acd file of the respective car.
There are two lines dedicated to the car description:

example:

SCREEN_NAME=Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0
SHORT_NAME=911 RSR 3.0

If the car lacks the short name line (as in some older cars or incomplete mod cars) teh second line needs to be added with apropriate info.

WARNING:
If you do this the data.acd check on online server entering will have a mismatch and you will not be able to enter servers that have the data.acd files for cars on the server (checksum error).
Use this only when racing offline therefore.

You can access the files in the data.acd through a content Manager feature:
2020-05-06 120130 screenshot.jpg

Click "unpack data" and CM will unpack teh data.acd file and open a windows explorer window of the now resulting data folder.
Here you can edit the car.ini file.

Once you are finished you should make a backup of your original data.acd file (I simply zip it up and leave the zip file in the car folder) and DELETE (or rename) the data.acd file (or AC will still of course load the data.acd file instead of the newly edited content in the data folder.

You can also use a feature in the Content Manager/Settings/Content Manager/Drive/Quick Drive sections:
Enable "Allow to use custom car's data" and CM will read the data folder instead of the data.acd file if there is a data folder (this way you can leave the data.acd file untouched inside the car folder).

^ Well doesn't that just answer my questions real fast... Thanks! So where can I adjust the overall window width? (I'm on a 4k screen so width is no prob) I have been doing the CM pack unpack for some other stuff... Wow. The complexity (and simplicity) of CM is staggering. The animation software I used back in the 90s (Symbolics, later Mirai, and Wings3D is a spinoff) had even greater interface depth, but this stuff is all so practical and effective. I should go donate to CM again...)

Last edited:
Any mirror experts around here? The Honda HSV needs a fix for the poor scale/ratio aspect of the mirrors.
Easily done in real time with BLM Car app.
Essential app, really. There aren't many cars that don't need mirror adjustments for angle, zoom or aspect ratio. You can switch between real mirrors and monitor too, so dashboard rear-view camera screens act like LCD screens and don't reflect the cockpit or are affected by head movement.

ahem...

ATtENtIOn, PlEaSe!

...Thank you.

This is an essential download for the Donkervoort D8 GT4 mod. There have been a few different versions of the car being uploaded here by various people attempting to fix things (mainly the licence plate). While this is appreciated, it has led to me receiving negative feedback about the v1.1 upload that I didn't initially understand and caused some miscommunication. I was told that the car was too slow, and the auto-shifting didn't work properly. I was initially confused as I hadn't changed the car's stats since the original version from April 19th was posted, yet after reviewing the latest post here and the original version, it has come to my attention that someone has changed the data file with intent from it's original specifications. This has caused a number of issues, which have been remedied by replacing the data file with my version from April 19th.

I am not angry at anyone, or pointing fingers at anyone, it's just that a version of this mod has now been spread which does not carry the original intent or specifications from me. As such, it is important that you delete your current version of the car, no matter when you downloaded it, and replace it with the newest version available which has been tested and approved by me.

So included in this new Version 1.2 are...

- A deleted licence plate from @GzeroD, thanks for the help there.
- UI changes for the country.
- Changes to the description so I don't look illiterate.
- A slight tweak of the transmission. Upshifts and downshifts have been quickened by a tenth of a second.
- My original unchanged specs from Version 1 that are balanced to GT4 cars.

Naturally, this version includes all visual changes from Version 1.1 posted a few days ago. Darkened springs and altered stripes from @MrB00

Thank you for downloading this latest and correctest version of the mod. Please enjoy, and apologies for the inconvenience.

View attachment 918163

Thanks, Mr W. For the record... it wasn't me!

Is there a way to fix this z-buffer issue in KS editor or is the issue with the FBX file? i've tried all three of the depth mode options, but the crowd and flag behind is still showing through the foreground flag - any help would be appreciated.

XmKWC9e.png
Further to what @norms suggested, if that doesn't work try disabling any GPU optimisations in CM then re-enabling them one-by-one. I *think* 'optimise draw order' has given me similar issues in the past, but that's with badly set-up mods, not a new one like yours.
Maybe try some of the CPU optimisations on/off too. Some can give janky results on rare occasions, but again, if the mod is set up correctly they should be OK.

Edit: disregard, I see you're in the editor, not out driving.
Prototype's recent Kyalami had this same issue for me (plus the flags were squashed) until I disabled one or two GPU optimisations.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back