Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,802 comments
I will see if i can make them faster
the more important to help recreate the kind of race there was at that time in monza is to allow the AI to overtake on the grass in some area of the track and second point that they stay close one to each other, that they stay packed all along the race and don't create some kind of line / "chenille" as things progress don't even know if possible

Probably possible, btw, we could modify the road surface to make them little bit wider in asphalt.
in 71 or 72 there was a widened back straight line, unfortunately I won't be able to do it, but Kunos seemed to not caretheses details lol,the 66wide is the same than the modern one so...

Notice any difference when using ffb tweak?
i have noticed a big difference in my wheel the fanatec V2.5 base . before with the game GYRO the wheel just got nulled for me. it lost alot of the small twitches that you get on cambers in order to help with the high speed back and fourth wobbles youll get in like F1 cars. NOW with the new ffb update gyro tweaks turned on and the kunos gyro off. i dont get high speed wobbles, yet cambers in the track seem to really give you a ding here and there. i thought each car feels more and more unique now. i can tell a rear engine car through my wheel much more clearly with the new added ffb tweaks. like eyes closed can tell. and at high speed instead of shakes you the bumbs in the road just give you a nod hear and there, but overall it feels much more authentic to me. Kunos GYRO seemed to work insanely well to keep the wheel form oscillation back and fourth at high speed in high downforce cars. but also it took small cambers and curbs in the road when they want to give your wheel a quick snap and instantly must have registered them as oscillation so you lost alot of curb feel. unless you turned it way up to like 150% curb feel. with the new gyro and kerb effects as low as 50-90% curbs will really give the wheel a ding yet at high speed im not longer getting wobbles.

MY vr has been a little less clear since that CSP update though im still working out that kink. at 1.5 pixel per eye i think any higher would be game impairing. so its something els. the game wasnt as fuzzy before this sol/csp update. something i turned on changed it and im still looking. or it could be a default kunos visual setting that i turned down and forgot. anyhow i noticed a difference in the FFB tweaks option . a big one

My next small thing for ya all, a config for Circuito Vasco Sameiro.
@LiquidSkyMan and @safi hellie posted their stuff here today for that track a few posts back, many thx for that. 👍
So I thought all this ugly background boxes on certain elements as crowd or bushes, etc. should be removed and doing it, grass and some tweaks more could help to improve it a bit more ... :)

Master of quality testing Mr. @Fanapryde was satisfied so far with it. 👍
Only not so dense grass as on other tracks was on his list. But I think in Portugal it´s often really dry in summer and grass looks often taht way. But maybe @Paulo Ribeiro can give us his opinion?

Any other feedback is as always welcomed too. :)

Extract it into AC root folder. Hope you enjoy it. :)

Oh, @Masscot just mentioned he got probs starting that track. :(
Track crashed for him to an purple screen on Rift/CM. I´m sorry for that. :(
So, maybe test the track without my config before. I don´t believe it´s the config, but I just wanna warn you... :scared:

Changes made so far:
  • added some lights
  • fixed some elements with solid boxed background and black tent entries
  • new grass added, not so densed for now
  • removed old odd 3D grass
  • overall adjusted brightness, contrast
  • created vao-patch

Hi @slider666 , something is wrong with the sand texture (ground_sand001.dds), it is way too bright. The texture itself (the .dds) looks kind of normal but during driving it almost blinds me even with overcast weather. May you have a look again?

Edit: fixed by using TA exposure in Sol config (set from 100 to 50).

Last edited:
I tried this version. As far as I remember, this is beautiful, but inaccurate. I'm talking about the fact that in FM7 there is a laserscan that can be transferred to AC, and then we will get the real Tsukuba. But so far no one has done this. Just an offer for those who know how to convert tracks from FM7: Tsukuba - this is what is missing in AC. By the way, the same thing I can say about Suzuka.
The reboot version is very beautiful ... but it is based on Codemasters (?), and differs from the geometry of the laserscan versions of Granturismo or iRacing. In FM7, Suzuka is a laserscan. And that could give us the correct version in AC.
I am more concerned if there is any Tsukuba track mod has full functional AIs, the one I currently got always have the ones on the rear of the grid kissing the wall at the beginning of the race

Here is the fourth part of my Pit Boxes Extension Project:

Eastern Asia Trackpack, including the following tracks:
- Matra-Park by thestrobe8 -> pits extended from 14 to 26

Hi! Thanks for your work, we need these tracks with extended pits.

Only one Correction. Why Matra-Park is included in an Asian track-pack?

Mátra is a mountain in Hungary. A hungarian modder Csepez András made this FANTASY track for Rfactor1. Then thestobe8 convert it to Assetto Corsa.

Mátra is a mountain in Hungary. A hungarian modder Csepez András made this FANTASY track for Rfactor1. Then thestobe8 convert it to Assetto Corsa.

If it's a Fantasy track, who's to say where it's located, Also I think it was named after Mécanique Aviation Traction (Matra)

Interestening info. The first official licensed scan of Suzuka is in ACC. I heard Aris from Kunos talk about it in one of his YouTube channel. They were the first that were allowed on the track for scanning as Suzuka management was very reluctant to allow the track to be officially licensed in games up until very recently. And all other versions in other simulators before ACC version, are not 100% accurate, as they could not have been scanned properly. Just a fun fact. But what I wanted to say was, that Suzuka being one of my favorite tracks in ACC, I have to say that even though AC version is not laser scanned it is unbelievable how accurate and close to the ACC version it is. Almost perfect. The only real difference is in the curbs. Same goes for Kylami, my other favorite track in ACC. It's mind blowing how good and accurate the version for AC is for not being laser scanned.

But on another subject, dying to know as I won't be able to drive AC until tonight, maybe even tomorrow. How do the Chivas gt500 drive? Has anyone tried them yet. I have high hopes for those cars.

im curious to know if Grand Prix 4 is also laserscanned, since i know all tracks are done via GPS and laser

I didn't know that, the track was placed by someone (thestrobe8?) in Macau country, which is why I included it in this Trackpack, sorry if it is inaccurate :(

I'm sure it's not. I did not even know about the update (there is no v... number). Better remove my link then.
I hope it drives more like a TC after the update (had to recover it from my backup to help @LeGeNd-1, because I did not keep it installed).

Edit: it does not drive better, sadly really, because it's a nice model. But it's still more a drift style car (and has only semi slicks or street tires as an option). It certainly is not a Touring Car.

I mean, we could probably fix the physics pretty easily... just would need approval from the creator.

View attachment 918046

Anyone know how to disable this mod update thing? I can't scroll down past it so the whole tab just basically becomes unusable.
I was able to get through it by downloading 4 at a time, then click the top one to install, next one that pops up opened where you can't get to the button, if you use the down arrow, it goes to the next item and closes the top box allowing you to get to the install button. Once you widdle the list down it gets easier.
Ya, that needs to be fixed.

I am more concerned if there is any Tsukuba track mod has full functional AIs, the one I currently got always have the ones on the rear of the grid kissing the wall at the beginning of the race
Look at the AI lines. Sometimes the pit lane and fast lane are too close. Sometimes pulling the track limits away from the pit wall helps.
Monza 66 has a ai boundaries ini that may help but haven't tried it.

Hi @slider666 , something is wrong with the sand texture (ground_sand001.dds), it is way too bright. The texture itself (the .dds) looks kind of normal but during driving it almost blinds me even with overcast weather. May you have a look again?
Sure. :)
I took a look and sand is bright but not as you described it, at least not for me:
upload_2020-5-5_18-15-46.png

But sorry for that. I toned it down a bit and made it more yellowish:
upload_2020-5-5_18-16-33.png

Hope it´s better now. :)

I didn't know that, the track was placed by someone (thestrobe8?) in Macau country, which is why I included it in this Trackpack, sorry if it is inaccurate :(
It was imo @Delta7Fox who just changed position to asia (Macau) by releasing his skin on RD.
It´s something many people complained about it. He just overwrites ui.json, original author, geo-tags, previews, models.ini´s whatever he means it he would change for his own and release it with a "skin" where most of us wouldn´t suppose such changes delivered by a skin without warning the people. :boggled: :yuck:
My config was used without asking me and he even mentioned it anywhere. Not that I wouldn´t mind it much, but look a bit like releasing other people's work as your own. Only my 2ct´s...

Edit: To clarify it, I like his skins, for sure, but not overwritting user or original stuff and claiming things as his own whoever it makes ...

Attachments

• vascosameiro.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your great work, really apreciated! :)
It's the details that give life / soul to track, original kunos monza_66 unfortunately lack soul, you give one to it, thanks mate! :)

Concerning the AI, don't know if it's even possible to do, but I ask anyway, the monza race (layout 1955 / 1971) was famous to be the fastest race, monza 1971 was the fastest race in history during decades, cars were really close one another, really packed, they overtake on the grass, the pole position changed almost at every lap etc...
Could it be possible to recreate that?

-could it be possible to extend track limit to let cars overtake and race on grass mostly on the main straight line before parabolica (last corner)?
-seems that they brake early before parabolica.
-there is a lot of crashs (was also the case with kunos base race) in the first corner , curva grande.

LiquidSkyMan

Hmmm... maybe it needs to have the AI made with a 1971 F1 car. Last time I did that was for Spa 1966. That was fun:tup:

I don't know about extending the limits to race on the grass tho, kind of counter productive isn't it?
maybe the braking early will be fixed with a new AI line, if not there's always AI hint file (trial and error til it's right)
the crashes at Curva grande can probably be fixed by adjusting the track limits maybe or a hint file, don't know yet, haven't looked at it.

I'll give it a shot, but ur standing in a line that is growing longer, so it will take some time, can't say how long at this point, maybe a week or so B4 I even can get to it?

Hello guys I state that I downloaded only 1.51 and is spectacular, I wanted to ask a technical information, using the spa track how do you get the fireworks in the sky? Is there a special app or a parameter from the sol menu to activate? thank you for your kind answers

Hello guys I state that I downloaded only 1.51 and is spectacular, I wanted to ask a technical information, using the spa track how do you get the fireworks in the sky? Is there a special app or a parameter from the sol menu to activate? thank you for your kind answers

CSP, i believe it's under the extra fx tab or particles fx tab.

Hmmm... maybe it needs to have the AI made with a 1971 F1 car. Last time I did that was for Spa 1966. That was fun:tup:

I don't know about extending the limits to race on the grass tho, kind of counter productive isn't it?
maybe the braking early will be fixed with a new AI line, if not there's always AI hint file (trial and error til it's right)
the crashes at Curva grande can probably be fixed by adjusting the track limits maybe or a hint file, don't know yet, haven't looked at it.

I'll give it a shot, but ur standing in a line that is growing longer, so it will take some time, can't say how long at this point, maybe a week or so B4 I even can get to it?
Is there a way to make the AI not following each other in a line but race all along the race in a kind of pack with a lot of change in term of position, or it is just impossible to do in AC?

One small correction, if I may.
Matra is a small location in France.

http://www.citypopulation.de/php/france-hautecorse_d.php?cityid=2B155

But wait!!
Matra is in Bali aswell

https://www.matrabali.com/

:D

Last edited:

or5n.png

Is there a way to make the AI not following each other in a line but race all along the race in a kind of pack with a lot of change in term of position, or it is just impossible to do in AC?
I don't think there's a way to do that in AC. Do U mean kind of like the way the cars race in Wreckfest? That wouldn't be feasible I think in AC, IMO.

Thanks to @slider666 my 3DSimEd is working again, so here is another small pits extension (not a part of my Pit Extension Project):
- Circuito Vasco Sameiro -> pits extended from 15 to 32

I created a separate layout with extended pit boxes and start positions. Just download and drop into your track file, it won't overwrite anything. You do need the have the original track though.

NOTE: 32 cars almost killed my CPU, so be careful with how many AI cars you add.

LINK: https://mega.nz/file/XaAxUYzC#McAXVrUTCJ0e6BwEZYVLjh7rFlL4LQ_yfM7XiX2xshg

Tagging @Paulo Ribeiro because he might find this interesting :)

Fact: you can never have too many Mk IV Supras.

1AQVSUYNiR4.jpg

SLIVKAS GARAGE releases Toyota Supra MKIV Ridox Body Kit
Street legal time attack car. Recomended 90% turbo.
Guide for skinmakers in car folder.
Credits:
emfini - suspension (tohge workshop)
twiseles - gauge textures and tests
ZerOS - tests
kaiser - carpaint
vilau - soundbank
x4fab - encrypt programm
kunos - original model

Links:
https://yadi.sk/d/sIQKC59i-psG6A

ClipPlanesSettings-01.JPG
example1.jpg
Hey gang, Newbie here, have been creeping, learning alot from y'all about the workings of AC/CM/CSP. Thanks! My background is in CG/animation, but have been hooked on virtual racing through GPL/F1-99-02/the GTRs/rFactors etc. I was sure that rFactor2 was gonna win, but of course AC crushed it.
I do alot of customization for offline ai racing, a nut for immersion, 60s-90s racing, WSC/CanAm/DRM mostly. I do authentic driver lineups, alot of BOPing and AI_Hints.ini (learning!) to get my opponents to act like real drivers (while making them much harder to beat) Ok, I'm described. I will proceed to ask too many questions, but will be contributing stuff, for sure.

Question: As I'm driving through various landscapes there's some cases where it's very obviously rendering the shadows and details right in front of me as I drive. So for example going up a long hill at Solitude it's as if this wonderfully rendered scenes is like a bubble around the car that only reaches so far ahead of me (in many cases not far enough ahead) and ends up doing it's rendering visibly as I drive (only the shadows, grassfx, not the whole scene and only on-car cameras show it). I tried extending hither/yon planes in Graphics Adjustments -Adaptive Clip planes and LOD Multiplier in cm/csp to no avail. Seems like it's something that's up to CSP, but where? (and what does FOV exponent do?) (i9/64GB/2080ti/Fanatec2.5 etc)

Show me please... (arrow shows the bubble edge)

Last edited:
Struggling with a real head scratcher and I'm hoping some of the 3D model gurus here can help me. What data actually the determines the scale of specific objects in a model? Specifically what determines the scale of the wheels?:confused:
I'm swapping wheels on a mod, a very common thing to do. The donor car has 15" wheels, the receiver has 13" wheels (or at least I'm trying to make appear so). I reduce the scale of the donor wheels by 15% so they will approximate 13" with 3dSimed. I change the tyre.ini data so that the radius is correct for 13 wheels with 45 aspect ratio sidewall height. Everything looks correct in CM Showroom until I hit align using data where they blow up to full height looking like a dragster and on track the sink slightly into the tarmac. I'm at wits end with this one :banghead::banghead:

Fact: you can never have too many Mk IV Supras.

View attachment 918092

SLIVKAS GARAGE releases Toyota Supra MKIV Ridox Body Kit
Street legal time attack car. Recomended 90% turbo.
Guide for skinmakers in car folder.
Credits:
emfini - suspension (tohge workshop)
twiseles - gauge textures and tests
ZerOS - tests
kaiser - carpaint
vilau - soundbank
x4fab - encrypt programm
kunos - original model

Links:
https://yadi.sk/d/sIQKC59i-psG6A

Set up for drift or race?

I was able to get through it by downloading 4 at a time, then click the top one to install, next one that pops up opened where you can't get to the button, if you use the down arrow, it goes to the next item and closes the top box allowing you to get to the install button. Once you widdle the list down it gets easier.
Ya, that needs to be fixed.

Look at the AI lines. Sometimes the pit lane and fast lane are too close. Sometimes pulling the track limits away from the pit wall helps.
Monza 66 has a ai boundaries ini that may help but haven't tried it.
Ah I see, can you show me how to fix that? Desperately wanting to do Best Motoring style races XD

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back