Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,061 comments
I leave E:\steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\cars alone completely, on the grounds that that's where CM puts the auto-downloaded configs.

Configs in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars seem to be loaded after those, so should over-ride. So I put changes that I want to always effect a car (like windscreen fixes) there.
And then configs in an individual skin should over-ride those - so removing rooves from Healeys, etc go there.

None of the files in any location have any effect on checksum calculations, so they should all be safe to use online.

I've not tested this exhaustively, but that seems to be what happens.

Other thing is the (too?) quick orange heating of exhaust/engine etc. See here the same C7R. At the end of the long straight it is already bright orange. Like the color changing while cooling down which I normally in cockpit view cannot see :dopey:.

Well the CSP findings were interesting to see, I am just about to sit down and test myself, I was hoping to go the other way and have the track LOD shifted a bit higher to stop some minor pop-in irritations on a couple of tracks, will have to see how it goes.

That glowing corvette I think exhaust glow was changed recently to be more active, so material guessing for that car might be wrong or it is just set wrong and now it has become noticably wrong, I guess just a config fix is needed.

Had to be done now that we've got such a good Deep Forest Raceway...

Screenshot_sl_toyota_supra_mkiv_ridox_deepforest_raceway_9-5-120-21-16-52.jpg Screenshot_sl_toyota_supra_mkiv_ridox_deepforest_raceway_9-5-120-21-17-54.jpg Screenshot_sl_toyota_supra_mkiv_ridox_deepforest_raceway_9-5-120-21-19-2.jpg Screenshot_sl_toyota_supra_mkiv_ridox_deepforest_raceway_9-5-120-21-19-45.jpg Screenshot_sl_toyota_supra_mkiv_ridox_deepforest_raceway_9-5-120-21-20-21.jpg Screenshot_sl_toyota_supra_mkiv_ridox_deepforest_raceway_9-5-120-21-20-56.jpg Screenshot_sl_toyota_supra_mkiv_ridox_deepforest_raceway_9-5-120-21-21-22.jpg

What is the general opinion on quality of tommy78 car mods. Never driven any, wtcr from maki and delpinsky are excellent, so there was no need. But now, now he is doing a mod pack of the 1991 DTM, which includes my most wanted car of the period, the Audi quattro V8. It's a season pass for 5 cars (two of which are actually already in the game by Kunos, and are both excellent e190 and m3), so the price 15 eur is for 3 cars basically, the Audi, the Opel Omega and the Mustang. It is a bit much, but I don't mind paying 15 bucks for three cars if they are good quality, but I just don't know how good his cars are. Any feedback would be appreciated.

https://tpongracz.com/shop/ac-dtm-1991-season-pass/

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 81
Thanks
Just now I made it.

After checking, it was very bumpy
so when I make new road mesh, I think need to make new ai-line.
I put the ailine for testing in file.(wtcc)

I'm not used to ai line.
It may be better to creating by people who are used to making the line.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/81fd36dss2hjvqy/sonoma_road.7z/file

You sir are the mvp! Drives SO much better.

I have noticed now however some things that have been effected:

Pit road mesh is definitely untextured. there are certain areas of the track that are also now untextured.

And the track is now a bit frame droppy. All of which i would take over it being as bumpy as it was but figured I'd make a note of it. Thanks again for doing this!

EDIT: I've put the full track + fix on my drive for those that want the whole sonoma track:

Last edited:

Pit road mesh is definitely untextured. there are certain areas of the track that are also now untextured.

And the track is now a bit frame droppy. All of which i would take over it being as bumpy as it was but figured I'd make a note of it. Thanks again for doing this!

EDIT: I've put the full track + fix on my drive for those that want the whole sonoma track:

Also car shadows are flickering, and cars look a bit floaty over surface.

I don't know, I may be in the minority, but I think I like the old bumpy version. It feels more alive, and is a little bit more of a challenge to find setups to accomodate. I appreciate the effort though...

I just saw this car as a free D/L. Can I post the link?

ciam.png

Not only was that a pay mod (or donations to be more precise), but it was also made for charity. Dallara was giving all donations to a local hospital in Italy to fight COVID-19. It's a real shame that people aren't prepared to do the right thing with this one.

For anyone who ends up getting the leaked version but feels the need to do the right thing, you can still donate here:

https://esports.dallara.it/

Last edited:
its very old and the ai doesnt work

There's this version of Trial Mountain, but the last time I drove it, it just didn't have the feel and impact that I'm getting from this release of Deep Forest.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/trial-mountain.2348/

I created a new working AI, including pit lane, along with new track limits. Maybe this will make the old Trial Mountain a bit more interesting until a better version comes along. Place the "trialmountain" folder in the "tracks" folder and overwrite.

Attachments

• trialmountain.zip
    870.9 KB · Views: 49

Thanks to the work made by the staf envolved, Sonoma/Infinion Raceway/Sears Point track, got a 4 stars in my CM score table. Had only 2.
So, thank you all. And lets roll, but not too much, or it will flip.
1vdm.jpg

Not only was that a pay mod (or donations to be more precise), but it was also made for charity. Dallara was giving all donations to a local hospital in Italy to fight COVID-19. It's a real shame that people aren't prepared to do the right thing with this one.

For anyone who ends up getting the leaked version but feels the need to do the right thing, you can still donate here:

https://esports.dallara.it/

Dont worry, I didn't post the link. But as I had found it, everybody could, aswell. And it is still there, for all. Shame.

Dont worry, I didn't post the link. But as I had found it, everybody could, aswell. And it is still there, for all. Shame.

No problem Paulo. I wasn't pointing the finger at you for bringing it up. My comment was merely a reflection of my naive hope that at least some people might do the right thing with this mod and actually donate a few dollars to the cause.

They should. It's an awesome car! If you're into the BAC Mono, KTM X-Bow, Donkervoort, Praga and those sorts of things, you'll have a blast driving this.

EDIT: I participated in the Dallara hotlap competition and... well, let's just say, it was a little humbling. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Here's the Jaguar E-Type Lightweight 3.8
BoP'd to the TC Legends Pack. I've had fun tinkering with this and running with the TCLs.
Lots of rework to make a list so I'll just say it was thoroughly molested. Wheels scaled down from the ones that barely fit in the wheel wells. Sound was the closest I could find to onboard videos. Suspension redone, driveline, aero. The model isn't the best but it's what we have for an E-Type
Due to the long wheelbase and weight you can experience understeer but can rotate with the gas pedal. ProTyres folder inside car folder with instructions.
Thanks @Fanapryde for testing. Original car from Velo. I was made aware that this shouldn't overwrite the other versions that are out there. If you hate it, be sure to let me know.
preview.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back