Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,056 comments
Found I couldn't drive my PCARS Nascar convert around there so I totally redid the physics for it and albeit a humble brag it is pretty damn good now. Check you know where.

Holy hell, @GzeroD great job on the circa 1990 Nascar. I just tried your latest. Hey, btw, during night races, the dash gauges are bright white where you can't see the gauge itself.

hm?????

It is a mod car for RACER open source game.

The .dof model files can be imported into Zmodeler, or 3dsMax, and I think there is a Blender dof plugin.

If a car folder not contains .dof files, it is because, the creator protected it, and compressed to data.ar file. (if I remember well..)

I didn't understand, sorry ... Isn't it a mod for AC ?? So can you convert, create one from scratch ?? :confused:

in case like myself, you prefer to have your cars arranged by championship rather than by manufacturer here are some badges

Attachments

• 60.png
    60.png
    3 KB · Views: 49
  • 70.png
    70.png
    2.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 80.png
    80.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 47
  • can-am.png
    can-am.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 47
  • audi cup vln.png
    audi cup vln.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 90.png
    90.png
    1.5 KB · Views: 48
  • dtm.png
    dtm.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 50
  • gt asia.png
    gt asia.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 41
  • gt1.png
    gt1.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 47
  • gt3.png
    gt3.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 44
  • imsa.png
    imsa.png
    4 KB · Views: 44
  • gt4.png
    gt4.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 46
  • indycar.png
    indycar.png
    1.8 KB · Views: 41
  • lm c.png
    lm c.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 43
  • lm grp c.png
    lm grp c.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 45
  • lm wec.png
    lm wec.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 45
  • scc.png
    scc.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 48
  • vln.png
    vln.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 45
@LiquidSkyMan maybe you could divert your efforts to Legions version on the AI? Although I am going to try a few things including tweaking the starting positions so maybe hold off for now. We may have better luck actually getting the cars to start farther back, a bit like Daytona?

ok, I'll hold off on both til U get the grid fixed or tell me otherwise, no prob 👍

Do you guys happen to know where I can find Assetto Corsa mods that have been converted from Richard Burns Rally and the rFactor Rallyworld 4.0 mod?

Thanks.

That's cool, I'm sure legion would update it on the blog if there are improvements. Care to share you work so far? Be really interesting if the AI all start ok and would save me a few hours :lol:

Sure yes, but i can't reach my pc till tomorrow :)

I presume none of the Project Cars tracks can be converted over? I would love to see Algarve as the two versions available for AC at the moment, well one is ok but has massively dated assets and the trackreboot version is a conversion of the "RACE On" track and is awful in terms of accuracy.

I didn't understand, sorry ... Isn't it a mod for AC ?? So can you convert, create one from scratch ?? :confused:

I answer your sentence: " I downloaded it, there is no car, just a file"

There is a car, but not a mod for AC. It is a mod for RACER game.

I don't want convert this car. I think it is the ugliest Alfa Romeo... Sorry. :sly:

Do you guys happen to know where I can find Assetto Corsa mods that have been converted from Richard Burns Rally and the rFactor Rallyworld 4.0 mod?

Thanks.

This is the biggest website to download rally cars for Assetto.
He collect the cars, and update some of them.

https://assettorallygrb.wixsite.com/rallygrb

I think there is no car converted into AC directly from RBR.
Most of them are from Rfactor, mostly RallyWorld mods, which contains a lot of cars from RBR. But they made some graphical issues, when convert from RBR to Rfactor. (bad smoothing on models)

The bumps have been smoothed but the track is very bumpy, although I don't know if that is the case in the real world.

Found I couldn't drive my PCARS Nascar convert around there so I totally redid the physics for it and albeit a humble brag it is pretty damn good now. Check you know where.

AC was never good with the AI starts but I think CM/CSP is doing some funky things too, such as if you restart a race the AI can't seem to see anymore and turn into the nearest wall!

I offer that the very narrow side lines currently baked into the AI line is likely a contributing factor to the erratic starts. I very quickly created some imperfect, but wider side lines, baked them into the AI line for the speedway, and experienced a field of 40 all starting simultaneously, albeit with a slight beginning wiggle, but no paint was swapped and all 40 started and finished without incident. Maybe try the attached as a temporary AI line to see if you achieve the same or similar results. Good luck!

Edit: My very positive results were achieved using the VRC Chevrette. Results were less impressive with the Circa 1990 Nascar, so the car introduces another variable. Just throwing this out there, does the size/shape of the cars' collider affect the cars' interaction with one another?

Attachments

• fast_lane.ai.txt
    957.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I answer your sentence: " I downloaded it, there is no car, just a file"

There is a car, but not a mod for AC. It is a mod for RACER game.

I don't want convert this car. I think it is the ugliest Alfa Romeo... Sorry. :sly:

ook, sorry, i was wrong i thought it was a mod for AC. It sucks it's true. Maybe if anyone wants, it can be used as a starting point for a good AC mod ...:D:cheers:

Mod Version : V1.0

Mod Author : Marneus_the_boss

Updates : 04-06-2020 Original Release
-Materials, Models and Physics updated

Orginal Mod : Unknow Source

Installation : Drop the content folder in you assetto corsa folder

Description : 2 Generic Skins + 2 LM +2 WEC skins
Template for Body

Edit: I will put in my signature the link to my Mega folder to download the work I do

The link have been updated to inclded 4 skins and new name

This is the biggest website to download rally cars for Assetto.
He collect the cars, and update some of them.

I think there is no car converted into AC directly from RBR.
Most of them are from Rfactor, mostly RallyWorld mods, which contains a lot of cars from RBR. But they made some graphical issues, when convert from RBR to Rfactor. (bad smoothing on models)

We provided that link to that 🤬, 39 times now.
uqgx.gif

I don't know what is causing yours but I had a weird experience last night. Going through all the different settings of AA in Graphical Adjustments to see how they look on a new monitor, some looked blurry, some seemed to mess my resolution, but when I ended on SMAA, I got my godrays back and it just seemed to look "right" again. All voodoo hoodoo speculation but as was mentioned above, might be something there.
I just found out, with me, it was the 'EXTRA FX' in the CSP settings. Had to disable them.
Now everything is ok.

To the what? Would you like to at least elaborate.
To sincerely help you, maybe you can help us understand what you're after. To me it sounds as though you are fairly new to AC and you're trying to accumulate as much content as you can get your hands on? Is this a fair statement?

To answer your question, this site is pretty definitive if you want Assetto Corsa Rally content.
This is where you'll find about 75% of the Rally content for AC. Maybe if you tell us that you're on a mission from God to get as much AC content as possible, we can understand why you ask for a lot of mods that quite frankly, are out there and easy to find by searching the web and not necessarily asking in this particular forum all the time. Help us help you.

To sincerely help you, maybe you can help us understand what you're after. To me it sounds as though you are fairly new to AC and you're trying to accumulate as much content as you can get your hands on? Is this a fair statement?

To answer your question, this site is pretty definitive if you want Assetto Corsa Rally content.
This is where you'll find about 75% of the Rally content for AC. Maybe if you tell us that you're on a mission from God to get as much AC content as possible, we can understand why you ask for a lot of mods that quite frankly, are out there and easy to find by searching the web and not necessarily asking in this particular forum all the time. Help us help you.
yes.gif

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back