Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,065 comments
Very nice, is yours based on the RD version?.... The banks suffer the same stepping motion for the cars, could you fix this? Unfortunately the cars have even more trouble starting....

Converted from the same source (rF2), could you please expand upon what you mean by stepping motion?
That starting problem seems to be infecting a lot of tracks but as yet I haven't nailed down what could be causing it.

Guys, I wanted to bring these karts up again: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ks-76.27074/ because I just ran a bunch of laps at the gokart track at Charlotte Speedway... getting ready to go to bed, but I'm still smiling. Really a lot of fun, those things.

[EDIT] Can someone do me a favor and run a race with 16 to 19 karts. You can also try this in the 125 kart shifter mod or any mod where you can see the drivers of the cars. Start from back of the pack. Let me know if the first 6 or so drivers up front are invisible (only the driver is invisible, car is visible) until a few seconds into the race. It doesn't look like an LOD issue, it's like they blink on and off and some from the rear that come up past the start line will blink/dissapear but after a few seconds or a minute all drivers will show correctly at any distance. hmmmm. wonder if it's my CSP version...

Last edited:
Mod Version : V1.0

Mod Author : Marneus_the_boss

Updates : 04-06-2020 Original Release
-Materials, Models and Physics updated

Orginal Mod : Unknow Source

Installation : Drop the content folder in you assetto corsa folder

Description : 2 Generic Skins
Template for Body

Edit: I will put in my signature the link to my Mega folder to download the work I do
do the group c reworked cars include a template?

Mod Version : V1.0

Mod Author : Marneus_the_boss

Updates : 04-06-2020 Original Release
-Materials, Models and Physics updated

Orginal Mod : Unknow Source

Installation : Drop the content folder in you assetto corsa folder

Description : 2 Generic Skins
Template for Body

Edit: I will put in my signature the link to my Mega folder to download the work I do
Hopefully someone will make the 2014 skins for that.

Thanks for this. I like Polycode's tracks a lot but this one in particular is as smooth as glass - I think they'd all benefit from a physical mesh for some road feel and feedback.
@EvilGloomy, I believe you are friends with Polycode - is this something he's ever mentioned doing? Also is he familar with CM/CSP? He's still using static flags and old-skool grass.
I'm still hoping to somehow get to try Guizhou Junchi International Circuit one day.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1rt411c7NF?from=search&seid=15075035593649653270

View attachment 927336
Weird! The first part of the track looks very different on Google Earth. He was never different even on older photos. Has it been recently remodeled?
Ashampoo_Snap_2020.06.05_09h35m05s_001_.jpg

Hi guys! do any of you know something about a Mazda MX5/ miata NB stock 1.6 and/or 1.8 mod? i know GT6 has one, but i am not able to convert it to AC. Thank you, have a nice day.

@Marneus_boss : nice car, thanks.
Just try to avoid capital letter in folder name cos content manager doesn't like it (no more stats for the car)
It can be easily fixed by any user as renaming to lowercase is enough and doesn't give any issue but nevertheless, I give the information ;)

Thanks for this....these are very well made points...I will take everything you have stated on board ..and look again at this for sure

It's tricky for me to know exactly what to adjust and by how much....if I do decide to go ahead...any more data..you could provide would certainly help....

That said I hope you can also concede to the point that the telemetry data may also be throwing us a red herring...both games have different physics engine's..AC being notoriously weird when cars become weightless...at say the top of a rise like this

Can you try to be more specific about what you think needs to happen to make this correct...it's seems from the debates I have had it's not the height of the elevation..but perhaps how sharply it comes on....is this your feeling too...

Can you see how this gets tricky..many people have different perceptions of what it is they think is wrong or right

Jim

edit - don't suppose anyone here has the actual lidar data available so I can cross reference...I can go digging and do the work myself...this is just a call out to perhaps save me some time

The extra *hump* around the mountain section of Bathurst is a pain on the FM7 version, pretty poor lidar interpretation if its like that in the scan. It forces you to take the corner in a very different way than you would otherwise. Yea, its around Sulman the extra hump, not sure if its before or after as track maps vary in terms of the placement of the corner name. Is someone actively developing this FM7 version as in can they adjust the 3D model etc to smooth out this bump?

@Marneus_boss : nice car, thanks.
Just try to avoid capital letter in folder name cos content manager doesn't like it (no more stats for the car)
It can be easily fixed by any user as renaming to lowercase is enough and doesn't give any issue but nevertheless, I give the information ;)

Thank you, i wasn't aware of that.
I've kept my Rfactor modding way of work haha.
I'll update the link in the afternoon so.

We need to stop unfairly maligning CM as I believe it is AC itself that puts the limits on file name length and case sensitivity.
Yes, folder length is a game limitation.
For case sensitivity, I think that AC goes lowercase after reading data (setup folder saved in lower case for example) where CM differentiate the two.
I'm far to blame CM. CM is able to handle few hundred cars where AC launcher is not able to.

I am using SOL 1.51, CSP 1.46 (but it's teh same with later versions)
I get very blurry graphics with CSP enabled, any clues anyone?
I am using the Kunos 488, but especially the others cars look too blurred.

With CSP disabled:

no CSP.jpg

With CSP enabled:

with CSP.jpg

Does anyone have a clue what's going on?
Overall, I feel CSP looks terrible at the moment, whatever pp filter I use :(

Last edited:
Converted from the same source (rF2), could you please expand upon what you mean by stepping motion?
That starting problem seems to be infecting a lot of tracks but as yet I haven't nailed down what could be causing it.
I'll try get a video up later as it will show better than me attempting to explain it. Basically the corners seem like they could do with smoothing out? I think anyway.

I have a few ideas about getting the cars to start, will let you know if I figure something out.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back