Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,090 comments
What is this that I'm seeing?
A gui I've never seen with the detail. What is it?

rviy.jpg

8ag6.png
That seems to be the UI for the console version hence the PS button prompts at the buttom left.

Hi ! :)

I’m please with Legion’s blog even if it considered by some of you like a mess.

I found some pure engineering jewels inside which give me really good pleasure to virtually drive.
Most of the time, I consider them like some "Time Machines"... pure joy and emotions.

I’m please with beautiful aesthetic in my real life (which could be not yours) but also in real life, I prefer good food inside a bar than tasteless food into a posh "place to be".

Last but not least, It’s free content and your feedbacks matter.

Cheers ! :cheers:

I found some pure engineering jewels inside which give me really good pleasure to virtually drive.
Most of the time, I consider them like some "Time Machines"... pure joy and emotions.

I’m please with beautiful aesthetic in my real life (which could be not yours) but also in real life, I prefer good food inside a bar than tasteless food into a posh "place to be".

Totaly agree !

He has some pure gems like the interserie or 66 can am cars.

Plus pre war cars and tracks.

Totaly agree !

He has some pure gems like the interserie or 66 can am cars.

Plus pre war cars and tracks.

FFS.
Legion's blog doesn't need a defence force and you don't need to try to make us look ungrateful with comments about 'free content'.
Nobody is complaining about the actual content at all, we're just saying the presentation could be better to make actually finding the content a little easier. I continue to miss plenty of great cars because they're easily missed.
It is possible to have great content AND a user-friendly UI.
@GzeroD has admitted as much himself in the past and has pledged to do something about it.

Do either of you have ExtraFX enabled or GrassFX on any setting other than medium (track author mentions GrassFx should be on medium for best results)? BTW the plus layout is supposed to be used with GrassFx disabled entirely, this is the version of the track with normal 3D grass for non CSP users.

I run this track with 19 AI cars and don't ever get a frame drop so I'm wondering what setting you've got enabled that's causing such a problem.
I had GrassFX on very high and set it to medium. No change in FPS. Everytime on the same spots it shows the same frame drops but for me it is acceptable. Really enjoying this mountain route. It just drew my attention while enabling renderstats.

Best settings for smoke in csp? Sometimes I see white, thick smoke in screenshots and I don't have that. I know is not very realistic, except for maibe drift cars, but I would like to enable it for screenshots, etc.

Crap I had a whole massive post ready for the release and then forgot and went to sleep.

Oh well, please enjoy. Do note the model is from CSR2, its not scratch made. This one was a bit of a self indulgence car, I just had to have it in AC.
Very nice, and thanks very much. I think this might be the first new DBS in AC? I'm always amazed at the quality of CSR2 models.
I'm not too sure about the chrome wraps though, and I'm pretty sure it's not to Aston Martin OEM spec. ;)
Is removing the chrome effect simply a case of changing:

UseMetallicReflections = 0

...in the skin folder config? It seems to work up to a point but the paint remains ultra-reflective.

EDIT: nvm, I copied the ext_config.ini from the 00_stock skin (which doesn't seem to have the effect) to the chrome-painted cars and the paints are back to normal.
👍

...Legion's blog doesn't need a defence force and you don't need to try to make us look ungrateful with comments about 'free content'.
(ESL misinterpretation perhaps)
Nobody is complaining about the actual content at all, we're just saying the presentation could be better to make actually finding the content a little easier. I continue to miss plenty of great cars because they're easily missed.
It is possible to have great content AND a user-friendly UI...

LOL. I think it is just a case of violently agreeing with each other.

I have a shed load of stuff there. I hope the latest changes will prove good enough, as things get updated and added they appear in their own post in chronological order. So if for some unfathomable reason you forget to check my Blog daily then at least you can scroll down and see everything you may have missed.
Double linking is needed because of the backlog in content and that I wouldn't want to make over 200 individual posts at once lest y'all get lost again. (Remember I also have to keep track of my own stuff!)

Anyhoo :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: hang on it's already after nine here :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: thatsh betteah.

LOL. I think it is just a case of violently agreeing with each other.

I have a shed load of stuff there. I hope the latest changes will prove good enough, as things get updated and added they appear in their own post in chronological order. So if for some unfathomable reason you forget to check my Blog daily then at least you can scroll down and see everything you may have missed.
Double linking is needed because of the backlog in content and that I wouldn't want to make over 200 individual posts at once lest y'all get lost again. (Remember I also have to keep track of my own stuff!)

Anyhoo :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: hang on it's already after nine here :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: thatsh betteah.
Ah, you know I love your stuff mate. I've said it often enough. I just need you to post here to let me know when you've released something new.
;)

Last edited:
After a days hard slog I can release the Aston Martin AMR1 V8 Group C car. Made a few skins myself as only came with one from the Forza rip.

PM me any errors please and I will try and fix and of course if someone can improve the physics please send to me.

Link below and in YouTube description

Aston Martin AMR1 1989 Le Mans Group C

https://mega.nz/file/zg8liTCS#FL63Zc-HO2Ob7mjOJ6IQ7Jwb4ZsJl2mNDO5uUCJL7CI

car is great , Good job

That Velos XJR-9 isnt actually that bad. The default purple skin colour is way too bright, but it handles pretty well. Sound is decent too, not sure if its a copied Kunos sound?

Correct but it's like an old antiques shop, I love it haha, just found this Bailey 917 on the same page as the lotus 33, how he sneak that in there without me noticing! A nice surprise
Thanks for the tip. Missed that Bailey too...

Here a genuine Bailey badge/logo to replace the Porsche one:

Attachments

• badge.png
    badge.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 19
  • logo.png
    logo.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 19
bgr00.jpg

Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba - Version 1.0 - Reworked by VheEth

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: https://www.erleague.com.br/

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Remapping: fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New road, curbs, grass, sand trap, sponsor boards, people, trees and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Hotlap spawn added
- New skins added (Stock Car Brasil, Endurance Brasil, Copa Petrobras de Marcas)
- New AI Line by @LiquidSkyMan
- Psychology support and various fix by @norms
- Added the VAO file
- Cam by @safi hellie

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0s1kr5v19b39eqa/vhe_curitiba_1.0.rar/file

View attachment 932082

CHANGELOG 1.0
- New road, curbs, grass, sand trap, sponsor boards, people, trees and new flags added
- Hotlap spawn added
- New skins added (Stock Car Brasil, Endurance Brasil, Copa Petrobras de Marcas)
- Added the VAO file
- Cam by @safi hellie

Sweet, thank you!!keep em coming :D

From experience, attracting the developer's attention on this kind of group will only have negative consequences for the whole modding community.
Don't forget that 95% of the cars and tracks shared here are originally developed by either Turn10, Codemasters, Polyphony Digital, Kunos, SMS, Reiza, Studio-397, Sector3 Studios etc.
Just my two cents ;)

In the end we might see companies making pressure on Kunos and Studio397 to somehow stop the modding of their products all together (with some must install patches on steam that prevents mods from being loaded into a game for example), especially if the sales of their new products will suffer from people not buying new products in adequate numbers.

These are the reasons to leave well enough alone, the last thing we need is to lose our game altogether due to a clumsy attempt to 'take down' Simdream or RTM.

I don't know if it's something that concerns anyone else, but personally I'm already worried at the increasing popularity of AC, the number of new mods coming out on a daily basis and the influx of new players. It's impossible to tell Steam that you never want a product updated, literally the best you can do is tell it to only update when the product is launched, or more drastically, disconnect your PC from the internet. It's not an impossibility that if AC continues to grow, other developers and even Kunos themselves become annoyed at losing sales on other titles. It would take one small update forced on the community through Steam and AC would be dead overnight.

I am loosing my mind over a common problem:

When replacing wheels of a car in 3DSimED 3 (latest version, full license) the new wheels do not project shadows any longer (both in Showroom and in game).

I have already checked material settings (comparing source car wheel materials, mod car old wheels and new wheels) but for the life of me I simply cannot find a solution to this issue.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to fix broken shadow projection when exporting out of 3DSimED ?

Do Do Do - Update Time. I'm trying not to spam this thread, so I waited a day...

All of this stuff is work in progress, so whilst criticism is welcome, don't be too harsh please. you'll be pleased to note none of these tracks contain a Ferris wheel or any hot air balloons... yet ;).
These are the reasons to leave well enough alone, the last thing we need is to lose our game altogether due to a clumsy attempt to 'take down' Simdream or RTM.

I don't know if it's something that concerns anyone else, but personally I'm already worried at the increasing popularity of AC, the number of new mods coming out on a daily basis and the influx of new players. It's impossible to tell Steam that you never want a product updated, literally the best you can do is tell it to only update when the product is launched, or more drastically, disconnect your PC from the internet. It's not an impossibility that if AC continues to grow, other developers and even Kunos themselves become annoyed at losing sales on other titles. It would take one small update forced on the community through Steam and AC would be dead overnight.

Very interesting point.
I agree with alesi too about there never being another sim released that has this much open access.
Developers want to release games every 3 or 2 and in some cases (CODEMASTERS) once a year.

Obviously kunos has ACC and that is very different to AC so i don't think it will bother them that much other than it will never happen again.

rfactor's business model is the outlier here, but then they also don't conform and relish being on their own. away from the glitz and glamour.

I was thinking the other day about PCars 3 and people saying its gone arcade etc because of motion blur etc and whatever.

But as a developer if you look at AC now with the horizon mod with all its blurs and dramatic sun sets etc and open road layouts and drifters getting together or cruisers etc etc.

Its not hard to see where they will focus their attention.

I doubt it is possible to find out any stats but i would take a punt that there's more people using AC for driving around open roads of LA or Tokyo and the biggest 'community' is drifters / cruisers rather than people racing.

505 games are behind that drift21 game on steam, which i think they are struggling to sell clearly because all the drifters are in AC!!

They must of assumed they would up ship and go to an 'official' drift game....

View attachment 932082

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Hotlap spawn added
- Added the VAO file
- Cam by @safi hellie

I'll do some better cameras. They aren't too bad but yeah i'll re visit them.
Certainly in a rich time for cameras anyway so sure more will pop up.
Great track.

I am loosing my mind over a common problem:

When replacing wheels of a car in 3DSimED 3 (latest version, full license) the new wheels do not project shadows any longer (both in Showroom and in game).

I have already checked material settings (comparing source car wheel materials, mod car old wheels and new wheels) but for the life of me I simply cannot find a solution to this issue.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on how to fix broken shadow projection when exporting out of 3DSimED ?

Don't know why but sometimes, parameters are not correctly saved. Only workaround so far is to export fbx from 3dsimed then import it to kseditor, fix parameters then export to kn5. edit: setting CastShadow true in your case @menos | M6
If someone has a better solution or a way to make 3dsimed working flawlessly, I'm ready to learn.

edit2: kseditor is not without default, before kn5 export, don't hesitate to save persistence :)

Last edited:
Best settings for smoke in csp? Sometimes I see white, thick smoke in screenshots and I don't have that. I know is not very realistic, except for maibe drift cars, but I would like to enable it for screenshots, etc.

Hi!

You have two places to deal with (both interacts with each other. I mean, if you change in one place it'll update the other, too):

1 - Settings -> Custom Shaders Patch -> Particles FX -> New Smoke and Dust (mine is like below):

upload_2020-6-19_10-43-35.png

- Active;
- Deactivated "use culling ti improve performance"
- Extra heating: 300% (this is what makes the smoke really thick, but arcadish)
- Desity decrease with time: 49%

2 - But there is also an option in game, you have to access the SOL Weather App, at the bottom there is a "V" sign. Press it and it will expand the bottom of the window and at the very bottom there are two sets for smoke, where you can slide and choose what best suits you :)

I am not at home right now, this is why I didn't make a screenshot of the Weather app in game, but I'll make as soon as I get home, anyway.

Or... you can see it here, in this video from my channel (it is already in the time where I show the app) - It is in brazilian portuguese but what matters is the image itself:

Cheers! :cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back