Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,182 comments
Quick billboard update for the Tochigi Racing Ring, i used most from the track that were hidden by URD logo's and added a lot more with Japanese reference, tweaked a few trucks.
Screenshot-ks-audi-r8-lms-tochigi-racing-ring-28-6-120-10-6-4.jpg

Last edited:
most of his newest rfactor and forza rips went the 50$ VIP route suprisingly. So don't except his mods to be free again he stated in an angry post that '''This support program was created to seal a pact between you and me, a pact of trust and thanksgiving, to avoid "gimme gimme" and ungrateful kids and in this way select a group of real and motivated enthusiasts'''

Exactly the same response i got from him around a year ago when i politely asked regarding the source of the 3D models and only requested for a bit of transparency when it comes to work involved in his mods if he is going to charge for it. I then got personally attacked and then he went on the defensive putting up posts on his page for a day or two angrily ranting about people wanting everything for free.

Last edited:
Just some minor things and tested the Kirkistown track and the new changes are very good. I did quick AI race on the DRY version of the track and notice that because of the fast lane line is going by very close to the pit exit is and so is the right side line, that the AI cars briefly go a little bit into pit surface and slow down on allot of laps. Also I notice there is nothing/settings for the main track or ROAD for the SURFACES files. Only thing in the SURFACES files is for settings for the PITS. Pit area does work great.

I bet that could be fixed by adjusting the road hierarchy in RTB. I didn’t have access to do that in this particular fix, I just renamed the road segment. I’m sure that’s something he can address pretty easily.

this is a officlal mod Hankook by kronos event unfortunately and a private mod that year commissioned them

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

So, guys, I'm confused. Someone said this was available for $50? I'm unable to find anywhere to purchase these things. Can someone who knows the dilly help an old man out here?

The small layout is just a part of the "Autopolis Oita" track (see here: https://www.racingcircuits.info/asia/japan/autopolis.html). The "Autopolis Lakeside" in Shift 1 and Shift 2 was a completely different track. I think it was a fictional circuit.

Like Teddie already posted here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1241#post-13124662 I am sure that I once had a version of this track (Autopolis Lakeside from Shift 2) for AC. Unfortunately it seems that I have deleted it a long time ago - probably because it was rather poor. So I thought you did a conversion directly from Shift 2. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Actually the Lakeside layout does exist in real life. It's different from Autopolis Short (which bypasses the last half of the track via a hairpin). You can see it on the inside of the track around the lake (as its name implies). I don't know what racing series use it IRL but it looks like more of a club/kart track due to its size. I'd love for someone to do a good quality port from NFS Shift because I don't think I've ever seen it in any other game.

AutopolisCircuit_aerial.jpg

So, guys, I'm confused. Someone said this was available for $50? I'm unable to find anywhere to purchase these things. Can someone who knows the dilly help an old man out here?

VW Beetle V3.0 by Bonkers Designs (first car on the list)
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/volkswagen

Does someone have/can someone create the 2019 Rebellion Le Mans skins for the URD PX1 Rebellion? I'm trying to recreate the 2019 LM grid and I don't want to have to pay simdream 9.99 for one low quality car.

I've added grassfx to the giant track "Sterkfonteindam Valley" over at RD. It came up while racing random tracks tonight and because of its vast size and open hills, without grass, it really feels like you're driving on a blurry google map.

I made the grass pretty tall because this track is supposed to be in the hills of South Africa. I figured the grass would not be cut and groomed, hence the length I chose. If you feel it is too tall, reduce the SHAPE_SIZE setting. Cheers! ~ Teddie

Remove the 'txt' extension from the filename then put in the following folder
\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

Cheers!,
Teddie

Attachments

• sterkfonteindam.ini.txt
    571 bytes · Views: 35

Many of RSS cars have over 3,000 man hours into each scratch made car and go for $3.30 and are seen as the cream of the crop.
Don't buy the hype over this car you've posted about. Its merely someone slapping a massive price tag on something and hoping for a sucker to think, "$100 for a cardboard box, that must be like no other cardboard box I've ever seen or touched!"

Think about it, dude is selling some no-name author car for nearly what people pay the price for a new game on a console. :lol::D:lol:
I'd call it a scam but its not, its fishing for suckers.
I took this in March, if this is the same author and then modified it a bit with the aero bits and a different wing, and that's what's being sold for $50?! You'd be one let down individual. :D

ni2v.png

Final Version of the AUDI V8 DTM 1990-1992 in out now.

__custom_showroom_1593326343.jpg
__custom_showroom_1593326232.jpg
__custom_showroom_1593326247.jpg
__custom_showroom_1593326265.jpg

3d work by myself
Skins by SLD1893
Physics by Breezer215

V2.7
Fully converted interior
New Racing dash
91-92 skins with Evo aero package
90 skins with standard body
New Dirt skin
All new 2K skins covering every car that ran from in the DTM from 90 to 92
New Physics B.O.P matched to the other 90's DTM Cars

Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t92rt4ipw9whm5v/audi_v8_quattro_dtm_v2.7.rar/file

Also on my Google drive

Many of RSS cars have over 3,000 man hours into each scratch made car and go for $3.30 and are seen as the cream of the crop.
Don't buy the hype over this car you've posted about. Its merely someone slapping a massive price tag on something and hoping for a sucker to think, "$100 for a cardboard box, that must be like no other cardboard box I've ever seen or touched!"

Think about it, dude is selling some no-name author car for nearly what people pay the price for a new game on a console. :lol::D:lol:
I'd call it a scam but its not, its fishing for suckers.
I took this in March, if this is the same author and then modified it a bit with the aero bits and a different wing, and that's what's being sold for $50?! You'd be one let down individual. :D

ni2v.png

I dunno man, it looks like this guy was commissioned to do this for some guy who actually races the UK funcup. I think.
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/xz8boY

Are the pictures on his site the same car or model?
upload_2020-6-28_2-57-25.png

And they can say it a 100x times, but there is no middle way. Nobody can convince me of that. Codemasters have beeb trying to find the magic formula for this for over 10 years, and they fail every time. And I highly doubt that SMS will be any better off. ........... And time will tell if I'm right.
I think time has already shown that you are right :)
SMS really look funny after they quit before completing two projects ...
However, I think that combining a serious simulator and simple controls for beginners and gamers is possible.
But SMS and codemasters are obviously not the developers who managed this. Codemasters have not taken the main step towards realism - they are not involved in physics. All they do is configure the ffb a little differently, and complicate the machine's behavior scripts. But this is still an arcade behavior, and therefore, no matter how hard they try, its not simulator.

All that is needed for the simulator to be successful with a wide audience of gamers is to make several modes (easy, medium, hard, realism), and give the game itself - gameplay. This is a mistake when a developer tries to develop one formula for everyone. It's impossible.
In this case, you give only to someone alone, taking away from the others. Why should tire wear be either on (for simracers) or off (for gamers)?
Checkbox "tire wear" in the settings perfectly solves this dilemma.
Instead, SMS brings the situation around Project Cars 3 to absurdity. I won’t be surprised if the coins that need to be collected will be scattered on the track :)

I've added grassfx to the giant track "Sterkfonteindam Valley" over at RD. It came up while racing random tracks tonight and because of its vast size and open hills, without grass, it really feels like you're driving on a blurry google map.

I made the grass pretty tall because this track is supposed to be in the hills of South Africa. I figured the grass would not be cut and groomed, hence the length I chose. If you feel it is too tall, reduce the SHAPE_SIZE setting. Cheers! ~ Teddie

Remove the 'txt' extension from the filename then put in the following folder
\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

Cheers!,
Teddie
If you submit these in the config-chat channel on the AC Custom Shaders discord then there's a good chance they'll be added to the library and auto-downloaded for everybody.

Zolder 1967 (ted_zolder67_reworked) - v0.9.1b Rework
Original Author: Unknown
Rework Authors: Teddie, LiquidSkyMan, Fanapryde, Mascot + others

View attachment 935622 View attachment 935628

Internal track TED-EDiTS by Teddie: Replaced ugly surrounding mountains object ● Removed and added tree objects ● Repositioned floating trees ● Replace unauthentic signage ● Added GrassFx to config ● Added VAO patches ● Created 3 skin packages (listed below)

View attachment 935621

Thanks and additional credits:
● New AI, track limits & UI-outlines, resized preview, edited in GPS location in JSON by LiquidSkyMan
● Classic Balloons provided by Mascot
● Track logo, WaterFx, and Sections provided by Fanapryde

I'm considering this still in a beta stage. There are other improvements on the 'todo' list. Additional help is needed. Cameras, authentic balloon skins, etc. Get them to me and I'll add them to future releases. Let's see how good we can make this track!!!

NOTE: I've renamed the track folder to help me keep my projects organized. You can delete the older folder named "zolder67_edited".
● Original tracks will have the format: "ted_[track_name]" (These are coming. I've got at least 5 originals in the works already.)
● Rework tracks that I've initiated with a goal of providing our community with at least a "1.0 Reworked" version: "ted_[track_name]_reworked"

Cheers,
Teddie

Guys, I forgot the config files earlier. If you grabbed it earlier, grab it again. New version has a 'b' on the end.

Huge improvement, thanks!
I noticed there's a strip of grass next to the track that doesn't have grassFX applied... and this same grass texture seems to be applied to some of the fences?
Typical Gilles half-assery, I'm afraid - but easily fixable.

Screenshot_audi_v8_quattro_dtm_v2_ted_zolder67_reworked_28-6-120-9-31-26.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back