Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
Can't say I totally agree on this. Some tracks it looks worse than others but some it can add immersion, for me anyway and others have also stated that. With the nicer crowds, when racing you hardly notice them as you're going to fast/concentrating so it adds that little bit of depth (for me anyway). If not kunos crowd facing crowds, I think the better option here unless they are way too bad, is to set them as spectators in the extension config. That way people like yourself can blanket turn every crowd off in every track in one click. I think having that option is better then just straight up removing them and taking that choice away from people?

Oh yeah @Teddie , latest Spa by @__EASY__ already has grassfx for me and I don't mind the crowd so not sure if I will download this "update", let me know what it is like if you do.

Yep, totally agree, the crowd removing has - sadly - prevented me from downloading any of the latest updates from _Easy_ :S..

Safi, I can't say I've checked the kart ones yet. The ones I've checked are mostly the larger circuits that have been updated. Looking forward to trying your kart track updates. Which karts are you using? I'm loving the KS67 (spelling) Russian karts.

[EDIT] Actually, I just checked the spa1988 above your last post. It already has a heavy configuration file from CM. So already has grassfx, etc.

Below is the config file that already exists for spa1988 from CM's repository automatically downloaded on my PC back in March or earlier. This is why I'm wondering if the authors adding grassfx to tracks that already have it are not using CM (?) -- The config file below also already deals with adjusting road textures, spectators, etc.

It's not a big deal except I'd like to make sure, for me personally, that I'm not overwriting an already very good config for the tracks I have. And perhaps there are folks out there that don't know how to check before hand.

; config was prepared automatically. source:
; https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...-config/blob/master/config/tracks/spa1988.ini
[LIGHTING]
LIT_MULT=1.0
CAR_LIGHTS_LIT_MULT=1.0
SPECULAR_MULT=1.0
[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS=GRASSX2,RDGRASS
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA=
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS=GRASSFOST
ORIGINAL_GRASS_MATERIALS=
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD=0
SHAPE_SIZE=1.5
SHAPE_TIDY=0
SHAPE_CUT=0.5
TEXTURE=grass_fx/highlands.dds
TEXTURE_GRID=8, 3
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_0]
MATERIALS=ROADROLD2,ROAD3X,ROAD1X,ROADGRDX,ROADROLD,ROAD2X
KEY_0=ksDiffuse
VALUE_0=0.3
OFF_VALUE_0=0.7
KEY_1=ksAmbient
VALUE_1=0.5
OFF_VALUE_1=0.6
ACTIVE=1
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_1]
MATERIALS=GRASSX2,RDGRASS
KEY_0=ksDiffuse
VALUE_0=0.8
OFF_VALUE_0=1.1
KEY_1=ksAmbient
VALUE_1=0.8
OFF_VALUE_1=1.1
ACTIVE=1
[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_2]
MATERIALS=PEOPLEB,PEOPLEC,PEOPLED,PEOPLEE,PEOPLEA,peopleCROWDSTANDING01,peopleCROWDSTANDING02,peopleCROWDSTANDING03,peopleCROWDSTANDING04,RMBLB,RMBLB
KEY_0=ksDiffuse
VALUE_0=0.2
OFF_VALUE_0=0.3
KEY_1=ksAmbient
VALUE_1=0.1
OFF_VALUE_1=0.3
ACTIVE=1

For me if i don't already have a track then i may download one of the updated ones. But, if i already have it then i'll check first the file content so for example it may just be that i want the skin in the download to update a few things, or i may just want the AI or whatever.

I think if the track already exists, personally, i don't see the point in repacking it all up having just added grass fx and sticking it on sharemods...

Why not just package the skin / AI / grass fx / etc as extras.....

That is what i do, link to the track where possible and then just have a skin / grass config only.

So maybe download these tracks then just pillage them of anything you need and bin the rest....

If I may be so bold, i think its got a bit crazy right now.

It would be nice to have a choice though...
I don't like the ugly cardboard spectators, but totally without crowd makes the tracks look deserted.
That's one of the things I've liked about PC2 and now AMS2 - the crowds there are also flat like the trees, but they're rotational, so they're always facing you, which means the stands always look properly full, and not rows of flat cut-outs, from various angles.

It would be nice to have a choice though...
I don't like the ugly cardboard spectators, but totally without crowd makes the tracks look deserted.

That's the reason why I will usually tailor my "Social Distancing" skin to a track if the spectators are really bad. I like spectators for the most part, but if they're really bad, it breaks immersion for me. I do the skin instead of just removing the spectators completely just in case I want to share the skin.

Reworked:
Rainmaker / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Anderstorp 2007 v1.3
Update shaders
Remove grass, public and crowd
Add 3dgrass
Add VAO
Update outline, map and preview
https://sharemods.com/jlturkfuj66h/anderstorp2007.7z.html
preview.png

Explain/clarify something to me guys. On removing the public and crowds in an update on tracks like this one, is this done in a config file or are these actually going into the KN5 file and deleting the crowds. It doesnt matter to me - I am getting all of @__EASY__ updates, but just wondering if they are easy to turn off or on. As someone said we are driving by so fast in an F1 car on these tracks, they are just a blur anyway. take care

Added: most the tracks @__EASY__ is doing I dont have orig and are new to me.

Last edited:
That's the reason why I will usually tailor my "Social Distancing" skin to a track if the spectators are really bad. I like spectators for the most part, but if they're really bad, it breaks immersion for me. I do the skin instead of just removing the spectators completely just in case I want to share the skin.
You can even make your own extension config and simply hide the crowd objects or any other object for that matter, very simple process.

EDIT:
Missed the last line about sharing the skin, ignore me! :embarrassed::cheers:

Explain/clarify something to me guys. On removing the public and crowds in an update on tracks like this one, is this done in a config file or are these actually going into the KN5 file and deleting the crowds. It doesnt matter to me - I am getting all of @__EASY__ updates, but just wondering if they are easy to turn off or on. As someone said we are driving by so fast in an F1 car on these tracks, they are just a blur anyway. take care
If they are implemented properly, CSP has 2 settings to control them:
- hide all spectators
- adjust amount of spectators

I just tried Lakeside and while @__EASY__ did a good job augmenting the fps count (doubled it in my case), the track looks like a ghost track now, no spectators, no billboards etc...

I think having multi-coloured seats in the stands(like the real Daytona track I think it is) would help to give an illusion of full stands, instead of a wall of grey seats, but that would probably require a lot of work to do that.

I have found a few of the track configs have messed up the appearance of tracks. I use some personal and publicly available texture mods and sadly these configs just ruin these mods in a lot of cases, so it would be nice if it were possible to elect what changes to permit and which to omit.

- hide all spectators

I just tried Lakeside and while @__EASY__ did a good job augmenting the fps count (doubled it in my case), the track looks like a ghost track now, no spectators, no billboards etc...

the billboards are in a kn5 fully buggy 600mo

- hide all spectators

I know this function but it doesn't work on old tracks that don't respect a standard name

Just wondering if any of the resident GTP AI gurus might have time to take a look at Pace Park? Cars are doing a weird death wobble on the man straight, among other issues.

I'm no guru, but I have no life (and a forgiving wife), so I did take a look... here you go @xezez:

AI for Pace Park:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-for-pace-park.34822/

or get it here:

https://mega.nz/file/6hpCBKbY#0v6OeShAuE5dwWzZwX70KV4DCYi207UUB8J8qIuh0Yg

It is a pretty cool fictional layout, pretty fun in open wheelers.

the billboards are in a kn5 fully buggy 600mo

- hide all spectators

I know this function but it doesn't work on old tracks that don't respect a standard name
All you need to do is when you are creating your ext_config or adding to it add this section:

[SPECTATORS]
; list of meshes used for custom spectators (not “camera_facing.ini” thing), to hide if user chose to hide spectators in certain modes
MESHES = mesh1, mesh2

Just change mesh1 etc to the object name(s) of all of the crowd objects in the track.

Whats the latest on the Zandvoort 2020 track, was on RD, got kicked off, showed up here for a bit, no grass, good grass, bad grass, good grass, no grass, etc, required one version geometry with another versions configs etc. then quiet.. anyone know where the project is being hosted currently or have anything newer than this version (1.24 GTP fix), hoping it was completed a little more?
upload_2020-7-26_10-8-56.png

All you need to do is when you are creating your ext_config or adding to it add this section:

[SPECTATORS]
; list of meshes used for custom spectators (not “camera_facing.ini” thing), to hide if user chose to hide spectators in certain modes
MESHES = mesh1, mesh2

Just change mesh1 etc to the object name(s) of all of the crowd objects in the track.

thanks for that, I'll do the next circuits with this option in ext_config.ini 👍

Whats the latest on the Zandvoort 2020 track, was on RD, got kicked off, showed up here for a bit, no grass, good grass, bad grass, good grass, no grass, etc, required one version geometry with another versions configs etc. then quiet.. anyone know where the project is being hosted currently or have anything newer than this version (1.24 GTP fix), hoping it was completed a little more?
View attachment 943796
This is the latest available version, 1.31. There's still work to be done for sure but time is limited right now with the real racing season getting back underway so this will be our last update for now. If anyone feels like working on it they'd be welcome to as some places certainly are a bit on the rough side, but at least it's usable and works as intended :)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ef4hp7ark6guve2/Zandvoort2020_1_31.rar/file

These are really good. Thank you for making improvements and sharing.

The AI for the Laodaohe is not that good - hits walls a lot. If there's any AI expert out there, this could do with a little love (boundaries may be enough)

Hey @SillyBillyP , I think you were right about those boundaries. Here's a quick fix. Fast lane and pit lane seemed to work fine, didn't touch those...

Sidelines fix for pc_laodaohe:

https://mega.nz/file/mxQHUAxQ#e1RaAe-KHI-1bWNSRdmIW8GoEb9pPDGAFBSSrgvfwms

Have Sim Traxx finished any of their old tracks yet, the ones that showed a bit of promise like Shelton Ridge and Pacific Raceways?
Or are they still half-assed and abandoned?

Is even asking this question an open invitation for psychiatric evaluation?

Your question suggests you will soon be holed up in a bunker on your ranch in Wyoming, sending endless Tweets out to the world about how your neighbour Kanye would make a great president in La La Land. :crazy:

I very rarely disagree with the majority of posts you make ales, you are a gold mine of information. But on this one you are way off the mark. I will agree that the cars skin leaves a lot to be desired (can't remember the last time I opened the showroom or watched a replay) I don't think the modder claims to be an artist in that department, the sound needs work but I'm not going to take him to task (the odd drop out needs sorting) on that one either. But the physics are superb, took me an afternoon playing with set-ups to get the car to perform at both Fuji & Suzuka for my driving style. Still have the rest of the Sgt tracks to find set-ups for. Real difficult to compare this to the Shiro as this being based on the 2020 series they are ultimately different cars but if I were to this is better by some margin, I'd even go as far as saying the URD is too tame. Who says these are easy to drive, they aren't, want that, jump in your road car. Masscott, if it's drifting, you aren't pushing the car hard enough there's plenty of mechanical grip and an over abundance of downforce - blame the FIA for having dumbed down the series so DTM cars could compete. Shame, as Sgt 500 racing was the most adrenaline filled, machismo racing genre anywhere on the planet. Japanese macho at it's best, more a tyre war than car - I do hope the modder decides to do both the nsx & supra. Could be a load of bollocks, but I gather the Japanese modder has both access to data & drivers of the current 2020 series. That's why I rate Shaun's radical so highly, he has access to a pro driver racing the thing, not some fantasist on the internet. Having raced both motorcycles & cars, admittedly only at club level I place my faith in drivers and engineers of said cars. They know how the car should perform in the real world and if a simulation of that car gets anywhere close then that's good enough for me. Apologies if I've trod on anyone's toes.... Do you know what I'd really love, someone as good a Jim to sort out an optimised version of Fuji..... Anyone?
I agree on this. I have no experience myself, but Natsuki claims to have real telemetry from the real cars and matches them as much as possible, he gave a graph of it on his website. But I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it. Still dont know which is closer to reality, but I am having much more fun with the AVR than the shiro. Also: Rain Wipers

What are the best 70s tracks for AC right now? I only know of Interlagos 1975 and Imola 72, other than that it doesn't seem the 70s get much love :(

There are not many of them. Österreichring is a must-have. Terra's Kyalami is said to be 70s layout though named 1967... Gilles75 has made a conversion of Long Beach 1979, which is one of his best works IMO. Sergio Loro has a 1973 version of Zandvoort. These I would recommend.

This is the latest available version, 1.31. There's still work to be done for sure but time is limited right now with the real racing season getting back underway so this will be our last update for now. If anyone feels like working on it they'd be welcome to as some places certainly are a bit on the rough side, but at least it's usable and works as intended :)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ef4hp7ark6guve2/Zandvoort2020_1_31.rar/file
Sweet, thanks! Ill give it a whirl now!

(edit: looking good man, a lot more populated with bits and pieces now, only obvious issue I spot is the ?radio tower? thing on the left just past the start that has floating bits, but otherwise much better, thank you for the update! Not sure if AI line was updated or track left-right, but AI arent doing that stupid thing spinning off the track anymore either.

Edit2: NM. my bad, fired it up in RF2, I see it actually is like that, looks like ladders.
upload_2020-7-26_12-27-59.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, crowds in AC in particular but in all SIM in general are usually so fake and ugly, that we are much better without them even if they were not a hinder on the performance on top of it.

I agree with this too, it's the main reason why any of my scratch made tracks don't have people in the stands or standing around. I find the empty grandstands to look better than with flat cardboard cutout crowds in them. If there's some innovation like the nice video screens or that new digital clock that comes out and makes better looking crowds I'd probably change my tune.

Question on the Free New Castle track - pit stalls.

Seems whoever(the Author) setup the pit stalls for this track did it in kind of a unique way in order to get the most AI cars on the starting grid.
There are 48 pit stalls available for this track and on the starting grid.
What he did is stacked pit stalls so that the 1st pit stall location has 4 drivers (1,2,3,4), 2nd pit stall location has drivers 5,6,7,8 , etc.
It all works great but a weird way of doing pit stalls. Since the pits work properly, there are no collisions in the pits.

If you might have this track, put it in weekend mode and watch how the AI cars come out of the pits.

Do you think there is a better way of doing this? Even the paid version does this stacking, but did pit stall numbering a little different.
Didn't pay much attention to the pits cause most the time was doing just short Races or Practice mode.
Its fine with me as long as it works, which it does.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back