Update shaders and textures
Add 3dgrass
Add VAO
Update outline, map and preview
https://sharemods.com/kl671w3zwaqp/imola1988.7z.html
preview.png

ps: make a backup of your old track to go back if you don't like it

Last edited:
Is there a different version of the Belle Isle 2012 track posted a page or two back ? Something a little better optimized ? I can't run any more than 5 cars on that track without getting the CPU warning - as compared to 40 cars at sx_lemans... The 2012 track looks like it would make a nice diversion from the 2017 version. I checked all the usual spots, and I couldn't find another one, so just wondering if anybody has a "suped up" version lurking on their HD :)

Is there a different version of the Belle Isle 2012 track posted a page or two back ? Something a little better optimized ? I can't run any more than 5 cars on that track without getting the CPU warning - as compared to 40 cars at sx_lemans... The 2012 track looks like it would make a nice diversion from the 2017 version. I checked all the usual spots, and I couldn't find another one, so just wondering if anybody has a "suped up" version lurking on their HD :)

tested 24 cars, no problem for me

Last edited:
tested 24 carsi, no problem for me

I will also try the Detroit track tonight @__EASY__ Just havent gotten to install the Detroit tracks. Thanks - that they work ok for you.
See you just did the 2017 track also.
take care.

Added: i ran all three Detroit track updates by @__EASY__ and had no problem running races with 11 AI cars. The Detroit 1988(actual track itself) looks different than the acu_detroit, so I have all kinds of variations for Detroit street tracks now.

Last edited:
iks
While your concerns are certainly valid you're not contributing to a nice, constructive atmosphere here with drivel like this.

Lighten up Francis.
If you don't understand what the gif represents on behalf of many posts a number of pages back, then you don't get it.

And all these 10 minute quick fire fixes for tracks over and over, while appreciated, theres not a whole hell of a lot can be done in a few minutes of work and then the confusion of all the increasing numbers of versions of tracks various file names of tracks, not to mention github, .ini's, lights, compatibility etc

Did I really see 5-8 versions of the same track for a number of tracks? No thanks.

iks
While your concerns are certainly valid you're not contributing to a nice, constructive atmosphere here with drivel like this.
I see delicious treats being eagerly devoured.

(it's just a lighthearted satirical comment, nothing to get your knickers in a twist about - but read back a few pages in case you missed the casual insults being hurled my way when diplomacy was front and centre in my mind)

Last edited:
I took my time today with the Audi v8 from tommy78. I was very eagerly awaiting this, cause I was curious how he's gonna Bop that car to the rest of the field. And as I expected he didn't. The car drives nicely, but it's significantly to fast. This is because in theory there is no way that car should be balanced to the others in the pack. It's v8, it has 420-460 HP and it has quattro. It is around 300 kg heavier, but that is not nearly enough. And as we seen with our v8 here from @Beezer215, the car is just to fast.

As this is one of my favorite cars I have read a lot about it over the years, and in reality, the competition was able to run somewhat competitively to the car because of the braking. First of, the Audi was the only car that didn't have abs (first mistake in Tommy's car), and secondly it had significantly weaker brakes, and basically no aero whatsoever. The races in those years were always the same, Audi would run away on the straights, then the bmw and mercedes would catch up before the corner because they were outbreaking it, and then inside the corner the cars would be somewhat level, cause the Audi had bad aero and bad suspension (it was basically a limousine on the race track), so first part of the corner it was slower, but would compensate this by using the quattro on corner exit. And so it went corner to corner.

Now the Audi from Tommy has firstly Abs, secondly it has to much brake power as the AC awd cars can brake much later than others and thirdly it has to much grip in the corner. So I want to adjust this things in a car, but the car is encrypted. I can unpack data, change it and repack it. But then the car when loaded into the game, keeps falling from the sky and the game is unplayable. Is there a way to bypass this. I really don't want to add 300 kg of ballast or 40% of restriction on the car, as it would make the racing opposite of how it was. Then I would be slower on the straights and better at braking, which is the other way around from real life. Anybody have any suggestions?

Ok, so I've got a Melbourne 2019 problem that hopefully someone can help me with. This is complicated so please bear with me.

Ok so there's a melbourne 2018 track by patrikpat that also has a 2019 skin available for it. Then there's also a standalone Melbourne_2019 track floating around.

The 2018 version has some issues that the grass is transparent and I've googled a bit and saw that people fixed it, but couldn't find HOW they fixed it. Then I saw that there was a 2019 version posted here in this thread and I grabbed it, but it seems like it's incomplete (its config file references a melbourne_2019_lights.kn5 but the melbourne_2019_lights.kn5 isn't actually included in the zip) so I'm guessing that file was just a fix for the existing track so you'd still need the base melbourne_2019 installed. I can't seem to find that anywhere and someone else in the thread looking for it was pointed to the f1classic forum thread where you can only download the 2018 version + 2019 skin. I'm so confused. Was there ever an actual "official" standalone track release of Melbourne 2019, or only a 2018 one? I would say there probably is a 2019 since there is a config file referencing files with 2019 in the name, but who knows?

@__EASY__

I noticed on some of your track updates you've increased the number of grid slots/pit boxes, do you think there's any chance you could incorporate this kind of improvement into more of your track updates? Most of these older tracks you're rejuvenating have 20-24 pit boxes, I don't think I'd be alone in saying that if these could be increased to 30+ or as close to as practical, then that would very gratefully received. @Foxeway was doing a good job of this earlier in the year but seems to have finished working on it a while ago.

Thanks either way for your contributions :cheers:

Ok, so I've got a Melbourne 2019 problem that hopefully someone can help me with. This is complicated so please bear with me.

Ok so there's a melbourne 2018 track by patrikpat that also has a 2019 skin available for it. Then there's also a standalone Melbourne_2019 track floating around.

The 2018 version has some issues that the grass is transparent and I've googled a bit and saw that people fixed it, but couldn't find HOW they fixed it. Then I saw that there was a 2019 version posted here in this thread and I grabbed it, but it seems like it's incomplete (its config file references a melbourne_2019_lights.kn5 but the melbourne_2019_lights.kn5 isn't actually included in the zip) so I'm guessing that file was just a fix for the existing track so you'd still need the base melbourne_2019 installed. I can't seem to find that anywhere and someone else in the thread looking for it was pointed to the f1classic forum thread where you can only download the 2018 version + 2019 skin. I'm so confused. Was there ever an actual "official" standalone track release of Melbourne 2019, or only a 2018 one? I would say there probably is a 2019 since there is a config file referencing files with 2019 in the name, but who knows?

Here is a copy of the post from f1classic forum:

"Patrikpat has UPDATED his take on the acu Albert Park, updated to 2018 with new objects and new signage.

In this Update : remodeled track - bring in walls from original acu version. Minor fixes, including added signage.

Thanks to bastoner97 for the new cameras. Copy Melbourne_2018 folder into content/tracks/ .

This is (hopefully) the final version ... additional AI and cameras by 3rd parties always welcome!
Cheers
OzAndy

https://mega.nz/#!pAJWAQQb!fAYZjvdYv__sFqFudU08jtehMAKwXtEy3cL8ljO29NU

Here's a 2019 UPDATE:

https://mega.nz/#!dIxk1IyT!_U19-GKU3yc99tmevs00LfOou4RzBrAEFqISC-b_HDg

Unzip into Melbourne_2018/skins/default folder
."

And the further down:

" Ok, a FIX for the grass bug in using Shaders Patch 0.1.25+ / Sol ...

add to Assetto Corsa\extension\config\tracks

https://mega.nz/#!wIYnzAoA!UeY5L9LjXOEQ3l4zvHl6z-9nKS6siVqu81N-x7kMRCo

Cameras:

https://mega.nz/#!ldYnBaZT!xpF8LM2ERsRDY2jCbZnU2M_VkauprIfpdbzBiMbJ_fs

N.B. A huge thanks to leBluem for this FIX !!! Check here for further updates ... https://discordapp.com/channels/453595061788344330/465820035760390145 .
"

Cheers,
OzAndy

The original track is from ACU. Patrickpat updated it with an independent version to 2018. Last year there was a modified version that solved the grass problem and made some small improvements.

Here is a copy of the post from f1classic forum:

"Patrikpat has UPDATED his take on the acu Albert Park, updated to 2018 with new objects and new signage.

In this Update : remodeled track - bring in walls from original acu version. Minor fixes, including added signage.

Thanks to bastoner97 for the new cameras. Copy Melbourne_2018 folder into content/tracks/ .

This is (hopefully) the final version ... additional AI and cameras by 3rd parties always welcome!
Cheers
OzAndy

https://mega.nz/#!pAJWAQQb!fAYZjvdYv__sFqFudU08jtehMAKwXtEy3cL8ljO29NU

Here's a 2019 UPDATE:

https://mega.nz/#!dIxk1IyT!_U19-GKU3yc99tmevs00LfOou4RzBrAEFqISC-b_HDg

Unzip into Melbourne_2018/skins/default folder
."

Yeah, I mentioned that in my post. That's the thread I was talking about that is the 2018 version with the 2019 skin, but then there's this post here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-616#post-12926600

Thx. :)
I didn´t enhanced it yet as that wasn´t my intention. I´d just fixed this odd probs appearing after upgrading CSP:

View attachment 865614

I only mentioned having fixed some textures and some "minor" fixes too.
I thought that´s now way better and at least "driveable" again, so I shared it with the community, but for sure it´s not perfect. I didn't say that either.

For those with download probs on anonfile or the others who whants just the updated version, here now on sharemods:
https://sharemods.com/47ahwmd72w31/melbourne_2019_v1.11.7z.html

And sorry, forget to thanks Fanapryde for testing. So, thx again mate. :)

And the download from that post is a "standalone" 2019 instead of 2018 with a 2019 skin applied. There's a melbourne_2019.ini in that file as well that references "melbourne_2019__lights.kn5" but that melbourne_2019__lights.kn5 isn't actually included with it, leading me to believe this is a fix to install on top of an original melbourne_2019 but that is what I can't find.

This.

That little dance over the last few pages which thankfully i didn't mess about with was:

Track posted with some nice updates on sharemods

Track posted again by some one else with few updates over riding the previous one..on sharemods..

Then same track updated BACK to how it was before by first poster...on sharemods...

Some of these updates are just grass and trees which could be given as a stand alone download which can be clicked on and off at will..

It is a bit like doing a skin and 'releasing' the whole car as a new mod..on sharemods..

Not everyone will agree, and EASY is doing a great service....i just think its got a bit out of hand.

For example if a person has downloaded a track, and spent time doing cameras, then it gets 'updated' as a new track...the cameras are gone....
Same with a skin... so maybe you start to think...why bother..

Please keep bothering Saffie... and everyone else who has been making nice cameras, skins and extension files.

Personally, I never throw out an 'old' version of a track any more without transferring all these types of things to an updated track mod.

Yeah, I mentioned that in my post. That's the thread I was talking about that is the 2018 version with the 2019 skin, but then there's this post here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...eral-discussion.307899/page-616#post-12926600

And the download from that post is a "standalone" 2019 instead of 2018 with a 2019 skin applied. There's a melbourne_2019.ini in that file as well that references "melbourne_2019__lights.kn5" but that melbourne_2019__lights.kn5 isn't actually included with it, leading me to believe this is a fix to install on top of an original melbourne_2019 but that is what I can't find.
OK. I updated my post just now with the fix for grass so you'll have at least a working 2018 version. And as @VheEth said the 2019 was just a repack of the 2018 with the 2019 skin and the grass fix. As far as I know at least.

This.

That little dance over the last few pages which thankfully i didn't mess about with was:

Track posted with some nice updates on sharemods

Track posted again by some one else with few updates over riding the previous one..on sharemods..

Then same track updated BACK to how it was before by first poster...on sharemods...

Some of these updates are just grass and trees which could be given as a stand alone download which can be clicked on and off at will..

It is a bit like doing a skin and 'releasing' the whole car as a new mod..on sharemods..

Not everyone will agree, and EASY is doing a great service....i just think its got a bit out of hand.

For example if a person has downloaded a track, and spent time doing cameras, then it gets 'updated' as a new track...the cameras are gone....
Same with a skin... so maybe you start to think...why bother..

I mean, this isn't exactly what happened, I would have just ignored it and let my original upload stand and not reupload it for no reason.

I made a little update to the track.

Dude made an update to that update that broke it, but the changes he made that DIDN'T break things seemed somewhat worthwhile, so I uploaded a new one that incorporated his changes, and fixed what he broke while making those changes. It wasn't some little "one-upsmanship" or "getting the last word" it was putting out a final product that incorporated both of our fixes that didn't actually break anything.

OK. I updated my post just now with the fix for grass so you'll have at least a working 2018 version. And as @VheEth said the 2019 was just a repack of the 2018 with the 2019 skin and the grass fix. As far as I know at least.

Excellent, I'm not confused anymore! Thanks!

I took my time today with the Audi v8 from tommy78. I was very eagerly awaiting this, cause I was curious how he's gonna Bop that car to the rest of the field. And as I expected he didn't. The car drives nicely, but it's significantly to fast. This is because in theory there is no way that car should be balanced to the others in the pack. It's v8, it has 420-460 HP and it has quattro. It is around 300 kg heavier, but that is not nearly enough. And as we seen with our v8 here from @Beezer215, the car is just to fast.

As this is one of my favorite cars I have read a lot about it over the years, and in reality, the competition was able to run somewhat competitively to the car because of the braking. First of, the Audi was the only car that didn't have abs (first mistake in Tommy's car), and secondly it had significantly weaker brakes, and basically no aero whatsoever. The races in those years were always the same, Audi would run away on the straights, then the bmw and mercedes would catch up before the corner because they were outbreaking it, and then inside the corner the cars would be somewhat level, cause the Audi had bad aero and bad suspension (it was basically a limousine on the race track), so first part of the corner it was slower, but would compensate this by using the quattro on corner exit. And so it went corner to corner.

Now the Audi from Tommy has firstly Abs, secondly it has to much brake power as the AC awd cars can brake much later than others and thirdly it has to much grip in the corner. So I want to adjust this things in a car, but the car is encrypted. I can unpack data, change it and repack it. But then the car when loaded into the game, keeps falling from the sky and the game is unplayable. Is there a way to bypass this. I really don't want to add 300 kg of ballast or 40% of restriction on the car, as it would make the racing opposite of how it was. Then I would be slower on the straights and better at braking, which is the other way around from real life. Anybody have any suggestions?

I don't have the answer, other than to say another very interesting post, i knew the Audi's were stupidly fast but didn't know about the bad brakes and bad aero etc.

Tommy78's Audi i purchased and the model is lush, especially inside. First few laps i hated it, then suddenly realised to done 12 laps around Silverstone... the sound inside is great...sound on replays is busted hopefully will get a fix.

After i drove it i decided to take out the beezer one...and i actually prefer it a little to drive.

But having seen what you wrote about it being a bit of a dog, but a fast dog in straight line, it sort of matches up to the Tommy78 one now..

(I also think that sims don't tend to relate well to AWD cars and in particular in AC...IMO)

Good evening. Can anyone help me?
I have a problem with the body shadow of the cars. When i am on the cameras outside the car I can clearly see them, but when I change the cam to onborad or even the engine hood the shadows dissappear.
That happens on every car. Thanks in advance.

I mean, this isn't exactly what happened, I would have just ignored it and let my original upload stand and not reupload it for no reason.

I made a little update to the track.

Dude made an update to that update that broke it, but the changes he made that DIDN'T break things seemed somewhat worthwhile, so I uploaded a new one that incorporated his changes, and fixed what he broke while making those changes. It wasn't some little "one-upsmanship" or "getting the last word" it was putting out a final product that incorporated both of our fixes that didn't actually break anything.

Excellent, I'm not confused anymore! Thanks!

I know, i was on your side...

It seems to take longer to delete all the pages sharemods opens up than to do these 'reworks', mainly now because having done some research its easy to do.

Does sharemods pay people who use it? It must do based on the amount of random ads and click bait on there, not to mention the adobe flash player thing it tries to download...

(i don't have an issue with sharemods, use it all the time, just that it does carry a level of adverts and click bait, that is fact)

I BoP'd the car outside of it's "original specs" to try and make it competitive with the other cars in the series. I have Tommy's car, haven't had a chance to give it a try. Original specs on the car are way too fast to have a competitive race. We'll have to see what we can do about all this.

I know, i was on your side...

It seems to take longer to delete all the pages sharemods opens up than to do these 'reworks', mainly now because having done some research its easy to do.

Does sharemods pay people who use it? It must do based on the amount of random ads and click bait on there, not to mention the adobe flash player thing it tries to download...

(i don't have an issue with sharemods, use it all the time, just that it does carry a level of adverts and click bait, that is fact)

I already explained why I use sharemods before, but I guess my ad blockers are good because I don't ever get ads or clickbait there, and I certainly don't get paid for uploading there, I use it for things I can't put on RD specifically because I don't have to sign up for an account. I'll try to find something else, because I don't want to inundate people with ads.

Some of the reworks I did to that track couldn't just be done with a skin, which is why I initially made it a new track with a new name. It came with a new shader, so that's not just something that can be packaged in a skin or done with an INI alone. Maybe it's overkill for what it is (it's a map so you can set only part of a texture as emissive instead of the whole thing) but there'd be no way to release it as just an ini or a skin.

Unfortunately I still have the transparent grass problem there. I downloaded the version of the track from that post, the skin, and that fix. I deleted both 2018 and 2019 tracks, I deleted all configs for both 2018 and that independently released 2019 from config/tracks and config/tracks/loaded. I manually installed 2018, manually installed the skin, manually put the fixed config in config/tracks and config/tracks/loaded (to prevent CM from downloading the one from github) but still no grass :( My confusion continues.

I don't have the answer, other than to say another very interesting post, i knew the Audi's were stupidly fast but didn't know about the bad brakes and bad aero etc.

Tommy78's Audi i purchased and the model is lush, especially inside. First few laps i hated it, then suddenly realised to done 12 laps around Silverstone... the sound inside is great...sound on replays is busted hopefully will get a fix.

After i drove it i decided to take out the beezer one...and i actually prefer it a little to drive.

But having seen what you wrote about it being a bit of a dog, but a fast dog in straight line, it sort of matches up to the Tommy78 one now..

(I also think that sims don't tend to relate well to AWD cars and in particular in AC...IMO)
Yes I know, we sometimes expect too much from sims. And awd is one of the things that would require a different physics model to make it right. I guess will have to settle for "not perfect". I don't like doing that. :lol:

Another fun fact about this particular car. It had the suspension of a limousine as I said so it was floating around the track like a boat. One of the drivers once said, I think it was Stuck:"This car is so comfortable to drive, that I could take my old mother with a sore back to the shops in it.". I guess they were not fully aware what stiff suspension can bring to the stability of a saloon car. Then the Alfa 155 came, and changed everything.

Last edited:
Pardon me for asking, as i have looked on race department, here (on the sacred spread sheet), and other locations but I have failed to find a (semi-driveable) Callaway C7 GT3 or Ferrari 458 GT3 mod. I have been messing around with multi-class gt track days with modded current GT3's (720S, R8 LMS Evo, 488, etc), older GT3's (ks and mods), and Guerilla GT4's. The best i found was a poor C7 GT3 from a place and it was too far gone for CM to fix, if someone can point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome!

Secondly, besides here and RaceDepartment, is there a good Dodge Dart mod? (I drive a 2014 Dodge dart and would secretly love to find one and track day around in sim, i'd mod one myself, but i'd need an Assetto modding for dummies book before i'd make one)

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back