Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,081 comments
Have you done a search and used the google translator: here you go:

The 'Ferrari Hublot Esports Series' championship heats up the engines for the start in September with the aim of finding new talent in sim racing. There are two competitive categories, AM Series and PRO Series. The fastest of all will have the chance to be selected to join the 'Ferrari Driver Academy Hublot Esports Team' in 2021. Registrations from 7 August in the AM category open to all adults residing in Europe.
So no car link I’m guessing?

Hi, I've been away from the forum and from AC since march because of the quarantine (around page 900, the last mod I remember installing were the Subaru 22B and Peugeot 205) so I don't know what new interesting mods have been released. Would anyone be kind enough to tell me a few? I'm particularly interested in F1 but really anything interesting except for drift. Thanks in advance.

Those registered in the championship will be able to access the exclusive car, that says. "Ferrari 488 Challenge Evo, available exclusively for participants in the competition."

Since Detroit has been brought up again I thought I'd revisit the NAGP version vs latest BelleIsle_2017 before __Easy__ updates. I wanted the bumpy track of NAGP but the graphics of the regular version. I know nothing of modding AC so i figured I'd take a stab at the easiest way and compare the 2 track folders. So i copied the pb.kn5 and the phy.kn5 from the NAGP version into the detroit2017 folder and updated the models.ini to reflect this and the bumpy road surface is now in my detroit2017 version. I"m not sure what the pb.kn5 is or if needed but guessed the phy.kn5 might stand for physics (road). got lucky and am glad it was easy for a newb like me.

pb.kn5 is the pit-boxes, starting grid, and timing lines.

Hi, I've been away from the forum and from AC since march because of the quarantine (around page 900, the last mod I remember installing were the Subaru 22B and Peugeot 205) so I don't know what new interesting mods have been released. Would anyone be kind enough to tell me a few? I'm particularly interested in F1 but really anything interesting except for drift. Thanks in advance.

A few???? LOL :lol:

It's more like hundreds more. And I'm not adding, the updates and updates from updates and the updates of the 1st updates, that meawhile where updated to another update, and the last updated of the 2nd, or it was the 1st? Now you confused me... :lol:

Well, if someone have the time to summarize a few, you're lucky. meantime, keep readong the following pages. :eek:

Cheers

@__EASY__ Here is a track ready for a quick update. This is a sincere request. The spectators are horrible and need to be removed. The trees are radioactive green and can use a shader/color update.

Folder Name: acf_milan_castello_circuit
Author: ACF
Download: https://mega.nz/folder/d8RmGIDa#eNn1zMIK-Y9gAukU5zxsvg/folder/5hIW3KDS
And then ACF came along and provided us with this conversion of the same source material that looks much better, functions properly where the Gilles75 version fails, and doesn't cost anything. Definitely get this version. It shines in the same places the Gilles75 version does, and then some.

This is from virtualr.net previews of the upcoming Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro made by Arnold Carter Wong ( one of the guy behind the dead WSGT2 ?)
Could this be another promotional mod like the recent KTM and Ferrari? a very nice trend if true.

Attachments

• AMValkyrieAMR_v4_cam01_1440p_low.jpg
    AMValkyrieAMR_v4_cam01_1440p_low.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 81
  • AMValkyrieAMR_v4_cam02_door_up_1440p_low.jpg
    AMValkyrieAMR_v4_cam02_door_up_1440p_low.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 77
  • AMValkyrieAMR_v4_cam03_1440p_low.jpg
    AMValkyrieAMR_v4_cam03_1440p_low.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 70
  • AMValkyrieAMR_v4_cam04_1440p_low.jpg
    AMValkyrieAMR_v4_cam04_1440p_low.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 72
  • AMValkyrieAMR_v4_cam05_1440p_low.jpg
    AMValkyrieAMR_v4_cam05_1440p_low.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 72
@__EASY__ Here is a track ready for a quick update. This is a sincere request. The spectators are horrible and need to be removed. The trees are radioactive green and can use a shader/color update.

Folder Name: acf_milan_castello_circuit
Author: ACF
Download: https://mega.nz/folder/d8RmGIDa#eNn1zMIK-Y9gAukU5zxsvg/folder/5hIW3KDS
And then ACF came along and provided us with this conversion of the same source material that looks much better, functions properly where the Gilles75 version fails, and doesn't cost anything. Definitely get this version. It shines in the same places the Gilles75 version does, and then some.

@OooAhh Cantona, I have a version of this that I fixed up for myself a while back. I'll make sure it's good to go and package it up for you and post tonight or tomorrow. I can't remember if there was something else I wanted to fix on it. Anyway, you might enjoy it until you get Easy's version.

Original Circuit created by Codemasters for Race Driver Grid, converted to GTR2 and revised by Bruno Gourdo, converted to Assetto Corsa by ACF, Thanks to Bruno Gourdo for his good work / Fixed by Teddie: replaced ugly trees, fixed bad AI line, created skin to hide spectators

Last edited:
To get started, you can try with @Shaun Clarke Radical SR3 and all the @VheEth brasilian tracks. Guaranteed fun.

It just goes on and on. He is just hijacking every track.
He is very happy with the likes he gets, but he finds it impossible to comprehend that other modders like some appreciation for their work too.
That seems to be totally beyond his imagination.
Any real effort that is released here nowadays, gets 'reworked' within 15 minutes
New preview, new outline... and 'shaders'.
He just doesn't understand that other people like to have fun, downloads and likes too.
And I apologize for being 'aggressive' :)

__EASY___ do what you want with the tracks you find. But if someone else releases work: respect it, and give them a chance to get some likes, or critism, and a chance to improve their track THEMSELVES if necessary.
Why should anybody else still put effort in serious modding if you claim every track that's published? Is that really so hard to understand that other people also want a chance?
Really?
Is no-one else allowed to have a release to his account?
At least everybody will now understand why more and more modders are enctypting models or keeping their work private or charging money for it. They are sick of their work being quickly and casually hacked up by butchers and repackaged.

Last edited:
for this splendid track phoenix 91, did anyone create a new cam and new AI?

I think the AI is not the problem. Be aware that this track has the sidelines in the wrong directory. They should be in "data" but they are in "ai". I did find them after making my own ones, so I never tried the original ones. But I think they will solve the problem of the AI crashing into the walls.

In my version they are (were) in both ai and data, the same sideline files.

I guess I did replace them with my new ones then. So my suggestion is not working. Sorry.

I am not at my racing PC right now. I will upload my new sidelines tomorrow. They are working fine - no more suicidal AI cars.

OK. Here are my sidelines for Phoenix 1991. Just copy them into the data directory of the track (overwrite the existing and obviously not working sidelines).

And because Sideslines can fix some problems on tracks I like to remind everybody that it is really easy to make them. All you have to do is download the Mini-App AI Line Helper from Esotic: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-line-helper.16016/ Basically the creating of a sideline is to drive around your track, one time for the left and one time for the right sideline. That's it! The position of your front tyre (left for left sideline, right for right sideline) defines your sideline. So you best use a car, where you can see the front tyres (open wheeler). Esotic did make some useful demo videos and put them in the RD thread.

Attachments

• sidelines.zip
    125.6 KB · Views: 31
Guys, here are my edits for Milan Castello Circuit. This will not overwrite the original track. This will install as its own track for the usual reasons; I had to modify the kn5 files, etc. Plus this will allow you to more easily compare this version with whatever version you're currently using.

This is part 1 of a 2 part update. The 2nd part of my update will include the Short Layout as well. Thanks for allowing me to share what I've fixed for myself a while back to appease my OCD :P -- Happy racing, my friends!

upload_2020-7-29_0-59-7.png

I sent Tommy (Tamas) an email and he sent this and the updated EVO 500 my way almost immediately. Gotta love that kind of customer service.

So the car is all wrong, unless the liveries and the right brand. You asked for it, so, it goes nothing. Worth what it worth.
Why don't stop to feed some mods that are not accurated? Some modders only seems to be focused (nowadays), on the beauty side.
Nice shots and a good filter and the track/car will sell for itself.

Maybe because of SOLs amd CSPs and alikes. Makes me remember the old; ' Beautifull outside, ugly inside.'
For your words, you got a car that not fits anywhere. Unless to much time spend to BOP it. And even so, it doesn't feel right.:ouch:
And again (not the first time I read), people buy a mod that is below expectations.

Many free content out there with good quality. I'm happy with my two free Audi V8 Quattro DTM. ;)

Sorry Ales, I like a lot your Touring cars history skills and knowledge. You are an encyclopedia.
Forgive me then, for these words. :cheers:

Cheers

@Paulo Ribeiro you should never apologise for speaking your mind. A good critique is worth a 1000 likes (even more for me, as I am old and likes are not that important to me in the first place). :cheers:

But you didn't understand me here. I am not angry about Tommy's work, on the contrary, I love how he does things. There are, as you pointed out, a lot of people doing quick and dirty mods, that maybe look good, but that's all there is (I agree a lot of this is down to CSP and SOL making AC so beautiful), but Tommy is not like that. He's been modding from the early years of AC and in all this time he released, what, 15 cars maybe. Its because he takes his time and pays attention to every detail, and as @MrB00 said, he answers every email and fixes any error that users may find. He is one of the good guys. The problem here is not his modding, but AC. AC is damn near perfect, but it's not. It can't be, cause it's a sim, not real life. And for that reason, there are some characteristics of cars, that have bigger influence on how the car drives, than they do in real life, and some have less of an impact. AWD being one like this. AWD have a lot of advantages IRL, but in AC they are just to good, compared to how they should be. That is why if you want a car to feel and behave right, you have to cut corners, use wrong data in some places, to achieve that. Even Kunos did this with some cars. M3 e30 for example from the same season for example. There is a guy on RD that is doing improved physics on Kunos cars by changing every single specification of the car to the right one, he did quite a few, including the m3 e30. And I'm sure now everything in theory is perfect, but his car now does not drive like it should. Kunos deliberately cut some corners to make cars feel more like they do IRL, because of the limitations of the AC physics and tyre engine.

And this Audi is the same. I don't question the work Tamas did, he probably put in all the real specs (ok abs he probably just missed), but because of AC physics engine, the car is now to fast. So what I want to do is not fix the car, but actually brake the car. I want to change some things to wrong values to make it act more like the real car did. Call it artistic liberty if you will. So this is something I can't write to him to do, like @MrB00 suggested (ok maybe Abs).

I also am not angry he encrypts the cars. He put a lot of work into them, and companies like RTM or Simdream (although I have a strong feeling those two are at least connected if not the same company) would come and steal all the work and publish it for them selves.

So to conclude a too long post, I didn't want to crtisise the work Tamas did, but was just asking if there is a workaround for encrypted data, which I guess there is not, or if there is something in the setup that could be changed to achieve what I wanted, namely disable abs, reduce the brake power and maybe raise the car much higher. I know I can do this for me, but how to do it for the AI without changing the data folder. That's all.

Last edited:
Carrera4 and Rainmaker / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Magny-Cours v1.33
Update shaders
Add 3dgrass
Add VAO
22 to 29 pits
Update outline, map and preview
https://sharemods.com/6r6vfms74g1t/magny-cours.7z.html
preview.png

ps: make a backup of your old track to go back if you don't like it

Hi,
Could you explain how to change color on 3d grass ? Or maybe it's a texture to change. I don't know why but on several tracks grass havn't good color as other tracks ...

Opinions change very quickly 'round here, so it seems...

Care to expand on that?

I would imagine opinions change based on the fact that each of these posts with different names and pictures above the names, are all different people.

The fact that like in any life situation, there can be a majority 'group think', doesn't change the fact you are here discussing stuff with hundreds of different minds and perspectives.....
Sometimes i think it is easy to think you are talking simply to one big homogeneous group on a forum.

I don't think any opinions have really changed.

What is this random stuff doing here...?
Think of it as a dislike for flood that made it Easy :)

During this time, many mods have been released. The ones that "most have" are Tsukuba laserscan from Granturismo, KTX Xbow GT4. It shouldn't be hard to find them with a simple search.
Formula 1 - you should take a look at ASR (historical F1), ACFL (full season 2020), RSS (Formula hybrid 2020) sites. You probably missed some new mods.

Pardon me for asking, as i have looked on race department, here (on the sacred spread sheet), and other locations but I have failed to find a (semi-driveable) Callaway C7 GT3 or Ferrari 458 GT3 mod. I have been messing around with multi-class gt track days with modded current GT3's (720S, R8 LMS Evo, 488, etc), older GT3's (ks and mods), and Guerilla GT4's. The best i found was a poor C7 GT3 from a place and it was too far gone for CM to fix, if someone can point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome!

Secondly, besides here and RaceDepartment, is there a good Dodge Dart mod? (I drive a 2014 Dodge dart and would secretly love to find one and track day around in sim, i'd mod one myself, but i'd need an Assetto modding for dummies book before i'd make one)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ohumduh8qqns5p/wec_ferrari_458_gt3.rar/file
There are only imsa skins for this car

Wow, that was silly, Billy.

Because of one car, changing 50 cars. Woot :crazy:
Haha
No, it's not going to take that much effort. Thankfully.

I'm treating all the GT3 cars as the same, and it's just the Kunos GT3 cars that I'm using too. So I'll add, for example (don't know exactly yet), 160kg ballast to all the cars and, say, 50 restrictor to all the cars then test, then make the same changes to all the cars. It should be pretty quick.

Damn! That KTM GT4 is good!

Re Tommy78's 90s DTM cars, I emailed him yesterday to ask him whether he'd BoP his cars to match the Kunos 90s DTM cars. No reply yet.

I'm disappointed by this BoP problem with Tommy78's cars and the Kunos ones. I was hoping to race them in grids with the Kunos cars. But that barely seems possible if I'm driving one of his -much faster- DTM cars as the Kunos cars aren't at all competitive even at 100% AI strength (and I'm not that fast, I'm very probably average). I race in offline championships mostly and any ballast or restrictor I add to my car doesn't affect it.

Hi, I've noticed a problem with a couple of cars I tried. I only started using CSP in the last few weeks, and thought it might be the newest version of Sol, so I've already tried rolling back the versions of each, with no change. When I tried the Amuse R35 and Rollovers DTM Mercedes, as the car passes a replay camera, the far side of the car turns invisible, as seen through the interior, and the Amuse R35 also reverts to just a driver sitting on a shadow at far distances. Is this a problem with these 2 cars, or do I need to alter a setting somewhere I'm not familiar with? Thanks for any help in advance

Attachments

• 20200729090002_1.jpg
    20200729090002_1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20200729090032_1.jpg
    20200729090032_1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 46
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back