Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,070 comments
Update on my 2020 Formula Renault:

@niko moraes has provided me with a very nice 3D model that works in AC Showroom (the WIP didn’t)

I recently got RF2, so I’ll be able to get a more accurate representation to compare against (this car comes with RF2)

just found this site: https://assettopedia.forumfree.it/

Found a BMW 850 race prep there.. FB post said the handling is bad, If the model is ok I might fix it.
Some other, unique and oddball finds there too..

Yep, An old interesting site with interesting and unique cars.
Unfortunately, some WIP cars are still like that for a year or so. It has being in an idle status for long ago.

thanks anyway.

This is a bit of a weird request, but can someone please upload their sfx folder? I downloaded some sound mods a while ago and I was never fond of them, but I can't verify my game files or it will replace a lot of stuff I've already added.
Folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\sfx
thank you!

Yep, An old interesting site with interesting and unique cars.
Unfortunately, some WIP cars are still like that for a year or so. It has being in an idle status for long ago.

thanks anyway.
I am not too fond of drift cars, but the Mazda RX7.3 mods are pretty good fun!
Fixed the LOD problems and the FFB is way better now.

Guys, can anyone tell me:
I tried to change open LODs files for the car in order to change them. However, 3DSimed and CM open 3D models without mapping and textures.
What can do with this? Is it possible to fully open the 3D model of LODs?

Open the main model as well and copy all then Paste>materials into the LOD models, then Purge>materials and when finished editing save as .kn5 lod.

To everyone that has already got it, I will be updating the KTM livery as there are a couple of issues that really need fixing. The Valvoline logo on the side/rear is stretched and the carbon fibre along the edges needs to be made the same colour as the rest of the car.

I'm also adding some details to the rims and tyres

I'll update the link on this post when the updates are done

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1490#post-13188363

Last edited:
I just wanted/need, to share this interior, of this mod.

As curiosity, I asked to my younger female cat to draw a BMW dashboard and she draw it quite better. :lol:
I bet it was designed by hand aswell. But please don't make fun of it, the modder did his best.:crazy:

srj6.jpg

Hey, so I wanted to ask what you guys think of the RSS GT pack. Its pretty pricey for a mod, but I guess its pretty reasonable for 6 cars. Ive been reading good things about it. Is it really good? how do they feel?
TShbyzFm5J.jpeg

Here are a few more that I've been working on this past week.

AI for acf milan castello:

https://mega.nz/file/ipQhWQja#h1pxI9_V8Hdd1vmmk8y3CEqcDZrr7vSCt3CR5tpF3ZA

This was a tricky one, the sweepers contain different surfaces and some dips and bumps, so my ai hints file is about as long as my arm. Some cars hated it, some not so much. Driving F1 cars through here is a blast though.

AI for T78 Hockenheimring:

https://mega.nz/file/msgRGRRQ#5H_J2S34jqdQgzLg-g1YBM3DcmyfunZVc-pQix3JIv0

4 full layouts

AI for Sonoma (Reboot version?):

https://mega.nz/file/S0RhnCoa#yqwGsv1s-u7ViBKy2A4oYkmVCLttOXvNxuSr49RObGs

This is for the original bumpier version, which I somewhat prefer. Indy, Nascar, and WTCC versions only. I did not touch the Long version as it performs well for me.

EDIT: I just remembered, the race grid start on Sonoma's Nascar layout is a straight line from start/finish, which is outside of normal driving side line. I could only extend the sideline so far, so if you use the full amount of ai, it will put the last car outside the side line, and it will not start. Therefore, I think user is limited to 29 max ai on this layout, unless the user starts last. The start was changed in the rt_sonoma version (smooth version).

All track are thoroughly tested with various cars at 100% strength and aggression (which usually means I can't keep up with my own ai :rolleyes:).
I hope some of you will find these enjoyable to race with.

Kevin

Added note to original post regarding Sonoma

Hey, so I wanted to ask what you guys think of the RSS GT pack. Its pretty pricey for a mod, but I guess its pretty reasonable for 6 cars. Ive been reading good things about it. Is it really good? how do they feel?
TShbyzFm5J.jpeg

One of the best mods out there, and reminded me just how much fun a real sequential is. Just make sure you can blip properly so you don't lock up the rears on your downshifts; unlike the lazy modern cars, they don't rev match automatically. These boys are the way GT cars should be, imho.

It's RSS. It's GT1.

I think you can put two and two together.
I havent tried much of RSS though aside from the RSS 3... but Ill take your word for it.

One of the best mods out there, and reminded me just how much fun a real sequential is. Just make sure you can blip properly so you don't lock up the rears on your downshifts; unlike the lazy modern cars, they don't rev match automatically. These boys are the way GT cars should be, imho.
Now thats something Id want to drive

Hello all, aiming for a quality first post here.

I've enjoyed following this thread for several months; especially posts from regular contributors. I support the CSP Patreon and love where it's taking this game. A couple of things I wish I'd stumbled upon at the beginning:

AC Skybox Reflection.PNG

After recently setting Skybox reflection down to 75%, I now see the moon in the sky at night and gradations in the sand and curbs by day. Are there any other simple setting changes that make such a positive difference?

I live in Los Angeles and have driven Angeles Crest probably 50 times. I really love AC Canyons by Phoenix - When I change (only) the following AI Traffic Despawn setting in New AI Behavior, I get a very realistic flow of opposing traffic. Otherwise, I get large packs flowing in my direction and very infrequent traffic coming at me. I found this by trial-and-error, what's the significance of the numbers?

AI Traffic Despawn.PNG

Cheers!

I havent tried much of RSS though aside from the RSS 3... but Ill take your word for it.
There is a small premier league of modding teams (RSS, URD and VRC) and then comes everybody else. And RSS tops that league by most people's opinion. So you don't just have to take his word for it, it's like a majority opinion. We could only wish RSS would do more tint-top mods or mod packs.

While we are on the subject of Premier modding teams, does anybody know why URD has been so quiet? They haven't released a new mod or an update in ages. They were promoting a near release of v2 of the AMR GTE, but that was in the beginning of the year. Nothing since. I know Ales Ogrinc who is the owner of the company is also the lead designer at Studio 397, so I guess he focused his attention to RF2.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back