Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,032 comments
I tried to add GrassFX to China 2019 grand prix track. The surface was using ksgrass and I tried all ways with extension to modify and get grass working but I could not.

So here is a fixed version of Shanghai International Circuit, China with grass fx working:

Changed meshes to allow grass to grow. Made longer flowered grass for away from track and short neat grass for close.

Also installs different folder name so you will not lose any old tracks.

I may come back to this and add camera facing crowd.

Sorry I do not know original author

Enjoy :)

https://sharemods.com/apsygvyns5zl/china_2019_fab.rar.html

Hey, I recently did the same thing to Albert Park 2018 but I took a slightly different approach from you. I wanted to do it without touching the kn5 file so I changed the ksGrass shader to ksMultilayer in the ext_config.ini like so:

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_0]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = mel_infield?, mel_grs?, Erba_rada, Prato_base, Cherb_Bordo
SHADER = ksMultilayer
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_0 = grass_01_broad_n.dds
RESOURCE_1 = txMask
RESOURCE_COLOR_1 = 0.22
RESOURCE_3 = txDetailR
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_3 = grass-detail26b.dds
RESOURCE_4 = txDetailG
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_4 = grass-detail26b.dds
RESOURCE_5 = txDetailB
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_5 = grass-detail26b.dds
RESOURCE_6 = txDetailA
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_6 = grass-detail26b.dds
PROP_...= multR, 0.1
PROP_...= multG, 0.2
PROP_...= multB, 0.2
PROP_...= multA, 1, 1
PROP_...= magicMult, 1
PROP_...= boh, 0, 0

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = Bordo_erba, Cherb_Bordo
KEY_0 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_0 = 0.16
KEY_1 = ksAmbient
VALUE_1 = 0.15

Might be worth a look since it doesn't end up changing the kn5 at all.

Newb here bright back to AC by the new XBow release.

This place is an Aladdin’s cave of content but it’s also a bit like TK max (everything everywhere)
Does this reboot team have a discord for their releases or a website etc, as I’d like to try their content too.

I’ve already bought some amazing RSS mods and fancy checking out this reboot team stuff, but where to they post it. If they don’t have a website or discord do they have a #tag in here to limit the results to their content?

Cheers and hope to see you all on the track :)
Welcome. Yes It can be intimidating the amount of content available here. Luckily GTP has an excellent search option, that finds what you need. And you'll find everything. If not posted, than at least a link to where to find it (bar free links to paid mods, those are against the rules, so don't bother even asking). And if you still can't find it, ask. You'll be hard pressed to find a group of friendlier people that can help.

That track looks super impressive but for some reason I'm getting big dome-shaped artifacts on the track in VR.
Anyone else?
I've reported it in the support thread.

You mean like independence day ship's shadows further up the road? I see them in most tracks, every now and then. Thought it was a CSP related thing.

Hey, I recently did the same thing to Albert Park 2018 but I took a slightly different approach from you. I wanted to do it without touching the kn5 file so I changed the ksGrass shader to ksMultilayer in the ext_config.ini like so:

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_0]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = mel_infield?, mel_grs?, Erba_rada, Prato_base, Cherb_Bordo
SHADER = ksMultilayer
RESOURCE_0 = txDiffuse
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_0 = grass_01_broad_n.dds
RESOURCE_1 = txMask
RESOURCE_COLOR_1 = 0.22
RESOURCE_3 = txDetailR
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_3 = grass-detail26b.dds
RESOURCE_4 = txDetailG
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_4 = grass-detail26b.dds
RESOURCE_5 = txDetailB
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_5 = grass-detail26b.dds
RESOURCE_6 = txDetailA
RESOURCE_TEXTURE_6 = grass-detail26b.dds
PROP_...= multR, 0.1
PROP_...= multG, 0.2
PROP_...= multB, 0.2
PROP_...= multA, 1, 1
PROP_...= magicMult, 1
PROP_...= boh, 0, 0

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = Bordo_erba, Cherb_Bordo
KEY_0 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_0 = 0.16
KEY_1 = ksAmbient
VALUE_1 = 0.15

Might be worth a look since it doesn't end up changing the kn5 at all.

That is exactly what I tried except with just ksperpixel. the grass area then appeared all good in the game with a grass texture but grassfx would not activate on any of the changed material. Did you get the grass to work after doing that?

You mean like independence day ship's shadows further up the road? I see them in most tracks, every now and then. Thought it was a CSP related thing.
No, these are like somebody is playing Missile Command in front of my car. Big black and blue domes, coupled with massive slowdown. They start after the first bridge.

I have a problem with wipers in any car, Kunos too. They work 3 times and then stop by themselves. They dont keep moving, just stop and I have to activate them again and then they work like 3 times and stop.
Few days ago I did not have this problem. What did I do?

That is exactly what I tried except with just ksperpixel. the grass area then appeared all good in the game with a grass texture but grassfx would not activate on any of the changed material. Did you get the grass to work after doing that?

Yeah I got it working with this method. When I tried ksperpixel the texture mapped really weirdly (because of the way the initial texture was mapped, that's why i ended up using the multilayer instead) but the grass looks good now with this approach.

I'm not 100% positive but I think patrikpat is the author of that one btw. I think they were initially ACU conversions that were fine-tuned and updated by patrikpat, but I'm not certain on that either.

Edit: Yours looks good anyway, thanks for it!

Yeah I got it working with this method. When I tried ksperpixel the texture mapped really weirdly (because of the way the initial texture was mapped, that's why i ended up using the multilayer instead) but the grass looks good now with this approach.

I'm not 100% positive but I think patrikpat is the author of that one btw. I think they were initially ACU conversions that were fine-tuned and updated by patrikpat, but I'm not certain on that either.
okay then I must look into it more. Thank you for the information :)

Hi, I have a problem that I still couldn't solve with the ATCC mods, both group A and C. It feels as if the rev limiter is activated and I can't put all the power on. Sure it is some nonsense that I am not able to identify, but I would appreciate any comment about it. Thank you.

Yea some of them have they gear ratios set too high which turn makes them bouncing off limit and some of them too low likes of RX7 which I can't put power of corners. I found some especially turbo cars seem to locking brakes which I know didn't come factory with ABS but shouldn't be locking at 250/150 marker board on track another than a few teasing problem with cars they are which good nice see modder doing them.

I have been going back through my duplicate track review project at all the tracks that I said something like "would be better with grassfx" or "if it weren't for this particular bug it would be perfect" and now that I've learned a lot I'm actually going back and fixing some of those bugs/wants. Here's my latest one, Blackwood Reloaded (the ultra HD version of the old LFS track). This track had a bug where laps didn't count when you're in the pit lane, so I fixed that, and while I was at it I added some GrassFX. I think it looks pretty sharp. It installs into it's own folder and it's not on sharemods :eek:

I updated the link because I forgot something... sorry.

Last edited:
Dragon Fantasy Track: This is for any track designers to look at - Warning: track needs allot of smoothing
There is allot of other work to be done, but mainly smoothing is the main concern.
Note: I did not convert this track..

This is a track conversion of a fantasy track called Dragon - somewhat long and several steep elevations.
The track is very bad far as smoothing - the farther you get into the track the worse it gets - allot of staircase bumps over hills.

Track is setup for 4 cars for testing. fast lane and side line created, no cameras.

My question - Is this track worth trying to smooth out the roughness.
If so, Can anybody do the smoothing, I am not a track designer.
If not, just trash this track, cause in current state, it is not race-able - can get around track, but rough in spots.

Thanks for any feedback,
Here is the link, it will only be up temporarily to look at.
I will probably remove this link Sunday night.

Edited: this Link is removed - No one responded to see if track could be smoothed out
I know this track was a weird fantasy track. Just thought I would ask.

take care,
Dave

Last edited:
No, these are like somebody is playing Missile Command in front of my car. Big black and blue domes, coupled with massive slowdown. They start after the first bridge.
Seems to be config related. If I rename the 'extension' folder the issue goes away.
Any other VR users tested Ottowa yet?

Palmbeach Raceway track - update

This is better news. I have the fast lane and side lines done and all seems to be going very well
Next step is to get the pit stalls and setup the starting grid correctly
Then do a little more testing for all ok for various car mods.

Should be released for trying in a few days.

Dave

Thunderhill Raceway Park

Got a few minor tweaks to do, but should have it up on my Patreon Saturday or Sunday, depending how things go.

I've done the full 5 mile circuit, then this can be sectioned off to be the 2 and 3 mile variations.

Screenshot_mclaren650s_gt3_thunderhill_raceway_park_31-6-120-18-25-47.jpg
Screenshot_mclaren650s_gt3_thunderhill_raceway_park_31-6-120-18-23-56.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_thunderhill_raceway_park_31-6-120-12-54-1.jpg

Palmbeach Raceway track - update

This is better news. I have the fast lane and side lines done and all seems to be going very well
Next step is to get the pit stalls and setup the starting grid correctly
Then do a little more testing for all ok for various car mods.

Should be released for trying in a few days.

Dave
This is really great news, however, I REALLY hope you have the track running clockwise. The version of Palm Beach that is out there goes the wrong way (reverse). Thanks for your efforts.

Guys, can anyone tell me:
I tried to change open LODs files for the car in order to change them. However, 3DSimed and CM open 3D models without mapping and textures.
What can do with this? Is it possible to fully open the 3D model of LODs?

This is really great news, however, I REALLY hope you have the track running clockwise. The version of Palm Beach that is out there goes the wrong way (reverse). Thanks for your efforts.

Yes I do. The Palmbeach Raceway track is going Clockwise. I mentioned in my first post that I reversed directions and verified with actual races on You tube videos of a few race events.

Seems to be config related. If I rename the 'extension' folder the issue goes away.
Any other VR users tested Ottowa yet?
Same issue without VR here (CSP 1.60 and 1.62).

In GRASS_FX section, changed field from GRASS_MESHES to GRASS_MATERIALS fix the issue (it's basically as if grass fx was removed). For CSP 1.60, will check with 1.62.
So I suppose that removing GRASS_FX section will fix it also.

edit : removing GRASS_FX with 1.62 doesn't fix the issue , the strange flickering circle are not exactly at the same place than before but still there.
That's weird.

Last edited:
Twingo Tweaks

Fixed a bit more the roll cage shaders and the dash leather was covering plastic material and that's not how the real car is. It just looks a bit odd in the 1.70 state. Maybe give this to Mamma Bongo. It's a really nice mod though! Thanks for sharing!

full

RenaultSport Twingo Hipermax

Model by Momma Bongos

updated per request to v1.70:

- Working Wipers
- Dirty Internal Glass
- LODs

I haven't changed anything in the data.acd other than the lod file

Enjoy :)

https://sharemods.com/4ivewehh1jkc/rs_twingo_hm.rar.html

Edit: 8/1/2020

Packed textures into kn5 and regenerated lod files.

You can delete the following textures from your skins folder:

leather2.dds

leather2nm.dds

map3.dds

plastic3.dds

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zr3577r9wd816oo/Twingo_Tweaks_kn5_%26_lods.rar/file

Last edited:
I have been going back through my duplicate track review project at all the tracks that I said something like "would be better with grassfx" or "if it weren't for this particular bug it would be perfect" and now that I've learned a lot I'm actually going back and fixing some of those bugs/wants. Here's my latest one, Blackwood Reloaded (the ultra HD version of the old LFS track). This track had a bug where laps didn't count when you're in the pit lane, so I fixed that, and while I was at it I added some GrassFX. I think it looks pretty sharp. It installs into it's own folder and it's not on sharemods :eek:

very nice! this track now needs good cams! anyone can help....?

DAMN! What a great track to have in AC, didnt realise they were converted, in other news, made me dust off LFS to get some time in as well ;)
Any other tracks from LFS available?

Hi, I have a problem that I still couldn't solve with the ATCC mods, both group A and C. It feels as if the rev limiter is activated and I can't put all the power on. Sure it is some nonsense that I am not able to identify, but I would appreciate any comment about it. Thank you.

Disable your traction control, then the car is driving as it should.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back