Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,065 comments
What year's layout is that?

spa_historic_003.png

Multiple, but all pre 2004.
Maybe the 2004/05 bus stop will be added.

Ok AC test on how amazing it is. this car in real life the other day @ Foxcraft (preps cars for historic Monaco etc)... Does it live in AC?

Attachments

• 1200px-Kurtis_500S_Wheatcroft_Straight.jpg
    1200px-Kurtis_500S_Wheatcroft_Straight.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 47
Finally got to drive my beloved GTLM's on the new Mid Ohio. Thanks @Zwiss looks great. And how about that Ottawa Motorsports Park? That track is excellent. I love it. That new Mazda Vision GTE is a good fit too with the GTE's/LM's

If anyone is having trouble with the AI being too slow in the Mazda GTE, I found an issue. You have to go into ai.ini and change the [GEARS], UP value to 9400 from whatever it was,7 thousand and something. The AI are shifting way too early. They'll keep up with the pack now. I like to keep the upshift of AI around 200 RPM below the limiter give or take depending on the powerband.

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/three/cars/#audi?90-quattro-imsa-gto The car list for Pcars3 came out... a lot of interesting car models...and they chose to not make it a sim... here's to hoping some of the models come out soon...

On the topic of car models in PC3, this Porsche Carrera GT Racing would make a perfect addition to the GT1 roster for AC if it was properly balanced with the RSS GT1 pack.

porsche_carrera_gt_racing_livery_71.png

Just a little "wink-wink-nudge-nudge" for anyone looking for a new project to work on.

Finally got to drive my beloved GTLM's on the new Mid Ohio. Thanks @Zwiss looks great. And how about that Ottawa Motorsports Park? That track is excellent. I love it. That new Mazda Vision GTE is a good fit too with the GTE's/LM's

If anyone is having trouble with the AI being too slow in the Mazda GTE, I found an issue. You have to go into ai.ini and change the [GEARS], UP value to 9400 from whatever it was,7 thousand and something. The AI are shifting way too early. They'll keep up with the pack now. I like to keep the upshift of AI around 200 RPM below the limiter give or take depending on the powerband.

Yes the RPM stuff is because gte cars must have a rev limit I think at 7500 rpm unlike the gt3 cars that don't have this limitation. This Mazda was obviously a conversion from Vision gt3 car and the developer just lowered the rpm, but it didn't change the other stuff that comes with this limitation, that make the car drive faster than the gt3s at that rpm. That is why this was made I guess. Also it is why IRL (and also in sim racing) GTEs are not that much faster than GT3s, cause they should be, as they are far more advanced technically, but this limitation slows them down quite a bit.

There is a proper gt3 to gte conversion available on RD and was posted a few days ago, the 488. That guy did a much more detailed specs conversion on that car. Of course he took the car model of the gt3, so that is not totally accurate, but spec wise it is actually the best version of 488 gte we have IMO.

EDIT:

was just updated yesterday i see now.

Last edited:
I am one of those people who are rather unhappy with the looks of many Gilles75 tracks. The most obvious problem is the missing 3D grass on all his tracks. The recent track updates by EASY gave me the idea to update the tracks myself by adding an extension file. I did hope that his code is similar for all his tracks, so I just have to create one ext_config.ini for all his tracks. So I tried several versions until I was finally sucessful.

So if you want to have 3D grass on a Gilles75 track you have to create a extension-subdirectory in your track-directory and put a new ext_config.ini in it with the following code:

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS = GRASS?
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS = road?, rmbl?, RMBL?, ROADGREEN?
SHAPE_SIZE = 2
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = -1
MASK_RED_THRESHOLD = 0
MASK_MIN_LUMINANCE = -1
MASK_MAX_LUMINANCE = 1
[LIGHTING]
LIT_MULT = 1

Of course you also can just download the included file and use this. So far I tried it on several of my 117 Gilles75-tracks. The only track, where I ran into troubles was Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez 1967 (dir: 67mex) where the grass is also growing on some spots of the tarmac and I had to delete the new file to avoid driving through a jungle. If someone have a simple solution for this problem, please give me some feedback.

Attachments

• ext_config.zip
    313 bytes · Views: 33
Yes the RPM stuff is because gte cars must have a rev limit I think at 7500 rpm unlike the gt3 cars that don't have this limitation. This Mazda was obviously a conversion from Vision gt3 car and the developer just lowered the rpm, but it didn't change the other stuff that comes with this limitation, that make the car drive faster than the gt3s at that rpm. That is why this was made I guess. Also it is why IRL (and also in sim racing) GTEs are not that much faster than GT3s, cause they should be, as they are far more advanced technically, but this limitation slows them down quite a bit.

There is a proper gt3 to gte conversion available on RD and was posted a few days ago, the 488. That guy did a much more detailed specs conversion on that car. Of course he took the car model of the gt3, so that is not totally accurate, but spec wise it is actually the best version of 488 gte we have IMO.

EDIT:

was just updated yesterday i see now.
I was gonna say (but you mentioned it) that it’s been updated :)
Here’s the link for those who want it
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferrari-488-gtlm-2015.35056/updates#resource-update-61946

View attachment 946848 Velos Mods Workshop
Release: Beta version of Porsche 911 (992) 4S Cabriolet 2019.
I have made this car a manual gearbox version.
If anyone wants to 'improve' on this car (emphasis on improve) they may do so as there are few items that could be made better.
The car will also be available on the website shortly.
Link here......
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2zueyaz8gtdpjii/porsche_4s_cabriolet.7z/file
Anyone else getting really abysmal frame pacing with this car, even in hot lap? I checked the config to see if there was rogue sat nav settings in there from the original car, but no.
It's like the car is extraordinarily heavy on my hardware.

Edit: lol, just checked the first thing I should have checked: this car has 1,749,000 tris in LoD 0. Kunos recommends 150k - 350k.
LoD 1 has 1.5 million tris.
Lod 2 has one million tris.

__custom_showroom_1596703511.png
__custom_showroom_1596703683.png

Pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting really abysmal frame pacing with this car, even in hot lap? I checked the config to see if there was rogue sat nav settings in there from the original car, but no.
It's like the car is extraordinarily heavy on my hardware.

Edit: lol, just checked the first thing I should have checked: this car has 1,749,000 tris in LoD 0. Kunos recommends 150k - 350k.
LoD 1 has 1.5 million tris.
Lod 2 has one million tris.

View attachment 946970 View attachment 946971

Pretty ridiculous.
And the plate exists and matches this car.

upload_2020-8-6_10-52-13.png

Here you go. A driveable sub-350k tri version of the Kray-killing 911 4S Cab above.
Some minor cockpit detail has been lost but if you drink a lot of whisky and wear dark sunglasses it's hardly noticeable.

Screenshot_porsche_4s_cabriolet_hockenheim_2001_6-8-120-10-28-5.jpg
Screenshot_porsche_4s_cabriolet_hockenheim_2001_6-8-120-10-29-0.jpg

(Warning: this will overwrite the original car but the original files are in the car folder too. Just add back the original kn5s and data folder. Or just install the original car again if you own a supercomputer)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qjfz82twvnflqik/file

(edit: just to avoid potential confusion, this has been done as a joke)

Last edited:
Yeah maybe in 4 years time...

Yep, we know progress hasn't been as fast as ideally liked (ive found it frustrating too at times), however the project continues and A3DR is super quick.

For those interested, I did a sound recording of the real BTCC Laguna some years ago now in preparation for this mod.

I actually had my Zoom sound kit strapped into another Laguna 1999 chassis (with a new better mic) at the Silverstone Classic, however the car failed to start up when the session started...

Speaking of AI, is there a fix for the AI at Nordschliefe?

I've been trying to race GT3 cars there and every race is a write-off cos the AI crash too much within the first few minutes :(

I've done a search here and at RD - didn't come up with anything other than traffic AI mods

Hey @KevinK2 What do U think? Give it a try? I'm too busy at the moment, I might try later down the road tho.(no pun intended :cheers:)
Unless someone gets to it B4 I do. This one would take a while and I still have Targa Florio for ACU to do yet. Not to mention all those "other" tracks out there in a pre-release state at the moment. Speaking of that, I might be headed to France next, not sure yet. Maybe Italy.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back