Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
Im SAYING that the ASR mods shouldnt have as much grip as they do.
Stop twisting my words.
The ASR 90s car grip issue is/was down to weight, not the tyre or downforce cul de sac they went down, in fixing them.

They were simply around 120KG too light - that’s what’s giving them such high corner speeds.
Add 120KG of ballast to them in CM, and their performance and lap times get back close to their reality.
I’m talking about the ones from May 2020, before their most recent update.

They’re apparently ‘fixing‘ them again, but I’ve not heard anything from them for a few weeks now.

Im SAYING that the ASR mods shouldnt have as much grip as they do.
Stop twisting my words.

Stop uploading Ilija's patreon stuff to spare people a dollar...

Anyway i am saying a 1993 F1 sim car could quite feasibly have a bit more grip than real life youtube clips, which would be forgivable because at least the modder was aware of just how technically advanced and out right stupidly arcade these cars really were.... I have given you evidence for this yet you continue to dig your heals in and refuse to give it up...

You just want the last word, problem is your words are wrong and I really really would love for people to get into their heads that those massive black rubber things and all that pretty aero and the millions and millions of pounds spent is not to help the car have no grip....

So yes maybe it does grip a bit more...really, so what..?
You used RF2 as your bench mark of grip for these cars....like i said, laughable..

I am sure you will dive right back with some rubbish but welcome to my ignore list.... i won't see it this time as this isn't fair on other people...bye.

I mean.... it their car so their choice.

Once it's installed then it belongs to me, or you or anyone that installs it, this isn't Forza and it's the reason we're all here, we don't have to settle for whatever is given to us, it can be improved or edited as anyone sees fit. As I say it's pointless micro managing, I've already overridden their 'update'.

What cars are these?

These are TC Carretera from Argentina.

f3607a07bc1ab282da7143e40d293f98.jpg

Cheers mate ! You're the best. Can't wait to try those.

Don't be too excited, so you won't be to disapointed. They look sick as hell, but they don't drive so well. They need to be repaired.

Hi guys,

For some reason the Icon of a Brand that has no car inside is appearing. Anyone have any idea of how to delete it?When I click the Brand, despite saying it has 1 car, it's empty.

upload_2020-8-10_16-23-11.png

please before making more mods, follow these

1.steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\car_pipeline_2.0rev
2.https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config
3. take insparation from https://github.com/RustyChest/list-of-assetto-mods/blob/master/good_mods
4. take hate to https://github.com/RustyChest/list-of-assetto-mods/blob/master/bad_mods (and if you are on there, good work, leave the ac community)
5. dont forget ao even on a test car, if i ever see cars with no ao im gonna find you

all of those 5 tips are the most important tips to become a high quality ac modder, anything with the same looks as from the bad mod list, please recalculate your life, and maybe try baking a cake. it will work better for the long run

No one uses those old versions anymore so I think no one can help you. You can't add new features to old versions, that's the point of newer ones in thee first place. Even the recommended 1.46 is really old now, I recommend you to install 1.60 since it's a pretty solid one.

Thanks for the reply. Probs' will stick with the golden oldie one for now, but at least I now know I can't add it myself. Thanks again. :)

Stop uploading Ilija's patreon stuff to spare people a dollar...

Anyway i am saying a 1993 F1 sim car could quite feasibly have a bit more grip than real life youtube clips, which would be forgivable because at least the modder was aware of just how technically advanced and out right stupidly arcade these cars really were.... I have given you evidence for this yet you continue to dig your heals in and refuse to give it up...

You just want the last word, problem is your words are wrong and I really really would love for people to get into their heads that those massive black rubber things and all that pretty aero and the millions and millions of pounds spent is not to help the car have no grip....

So yes maybe it does grip a bit more...really, so what..?
You used RF2 as your bench mark of grip for these cars....like i said, laughable..

I am sure you will dive right back with some rubbish but welcome to my ignore list.... i won't see it this time as this isn't fair on other people...bye.
You havent made a single good rebuttal ever since I mentioned 130R, and then you ignore me, fantastic from you.
And yes I use RF2 as a benchmark, because its developers who actually have real data for their cars from the manufacturer, instead of a mod group that just guesses stats because it "feels right" to Mr saffie hellie because "ITS AN F1 CAR, IT HAS TO HAVE LOTS OF GRIP!"

Last edited:
hey guys give me your opinion: VRC formula Lithium or ACFL F e?

None.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those like me - deleted some mods, before knowing how to fix this issue - here is an information for AI start races,
instead of reving up the engine without moving, at starting.
vb8r.png

Make sure the value in ai.ini UP=, is lower than engine.ini LIMITER
The example above shows wrong values. The car is this: Saab 9-3 Sport Wagon XWD
sj5w.png

I guess some modders don't test their cars with AI. Only can imagine this situation.

A minor issue that don't make me delete a nice car mod tho.
It is just an helping intention for some players that might not know yet.:)

Cheers

Last edited:
Is SOL really necessary? Before you guys want to burn me for saying nonsense, let me explain: yesterday I decided to try a race without SOL and with a Kunos filter (dark default) and I don't think it looks bad at all. I use VR and maybe that influences. Apart from everything looking really good, I noticed two things that I liked: the first is that all that fog went away, which I have never made much sense of (except, of course, in foggy climates, which I never use), which made everything look clearer and sharper. The second thing I liked is that although the FPS did not vary much, everything flowed better, that is, less stuttering. The only negative is that in some combinations of time and weather, the clouds look a bit odd, but I also have to say that CSP clouds still look more natural than SOL 3D ones. Is there anyone else who doesn't use SOL? I would like to hear other ideas or opinions.

I tried Sol once recently for the older version of csp I'm using and tbh it was nice and had a nice look to it but for me it took a a bit of PC performance away me and the odd stutters on turns. Deleted everything Sol and the stutter went.

But I did like the look of Sol with clear sunny weather, so I went through all the pp filters on RD and these days most are now made with Sol in mind and have Sol files config files and when i tried them the colours were wrong on many of the - I also tried without the sol config files still the same problem colours were wrong.

And I then discovered the Immersive filter that also came with a Sol config file, I deleted that and carried on with the Immersive filter on its own and wow - Sol lookalike for me - really nice colours with the nice look of Sol. And because I'm not using Sol, and deleted the immersive pp filter sol config files - I have no performance hit either.

Okay no weather system but I'm not bothered and for night racing I use assetto by night and am very happy. In addition lots of the tracks from here and track skins on RD improve the look loads anyway.

Last edited:
Is SOL really necessary? Before you guys want to burn me for saying nonsense, let me explain: yesterday I decided to try a race without SOL and with a Kunos filter (dark default) and I don't think it looks bad at all. I use VR and maybe that influences. Apart from everything looking really good, I noticed two things that I liked: the first is that all that fog went away, which I have never made much sense of (except, of course, in foggy climates, which I never use), which made everything look clearer and sharper. The second thing I liked is that although the FPS did not vary much, everything flowed better, that is, less stuttering. The only negative is that in some combinations of time and weather, the clouds look a bit odd, but I also have to say that CSP clouds still look more natural than SOL 3D ones. Is there anyone else who doesn't use SOL? I would like to hear other ideas or opinions.
I also don’t use SOL. I don’t do endurance/night/rain racing, so keeping up with SOL update vs CSP update is not worth the hassle for me. Kudos to Peter for the innovation. But I’m happy with his gbW 3.3 and CSP.

Is SOL really necessary?.... I noticed two things that I liked: the first is that all that fog went away, which I have never made much sense of (except, of course, in foggy climates, which I never use), which made everything look clearer and sharper.

You can easily remove morning, noon or night fog in pg12 (think its 12) of SOL.

The second thing I liked is that although the FPS did not vary much, everything flowed better, that is, less stuttering. The only negative is that in some combinations of time and weather, the clouds look a bit odd, but I also have to say that CSP clouds still look more natural than SOL 3D ones. Is there anyone else who doesn't use SOL? I would like to hear other ideas or opinions.

If your getting stuttering from just SOL alone it sounds like its something on your end. CSP clouds, you mean SOL non-3d clouds? Because if you're not using SOL, you're just running vanilla ac clouds. Been a long time but at least for me, AC's vanilla clouds where always just a white wash smog.

I like SOL's 2d clouds too. Old shot but heres removing that fog.
qlc1.png

You havent made a single good rebuttal ever since I mentioned 130R, and then you ignore me, fantastic from you.
And yes I use RF2 as a benchmark, because its developers who actually have real data for their cars from the manufacturer, instead of a mod group that just guesses stats because it "feels right" to Mr saffie hellie because "ITS AN F1 CAR, IT HAS TO HAVE LOTS OF GRIP!"
ASR mods are below par.

Just for curiosity, Mr saffie hellie is a SHE.
Anyway, no need to continue your debate, because Safi will not be able to read your posts.
And just for curiosity, aswell, since the 80's - in a growing level - untill today, the F1 cars have LOTS of (logically) mechanical, aerodynamic and tire grip!!!!

My 2 cents an a half. :)

Cheers

One more for the ignored list. bored.

for CSP slow-downs etc... try disabling some effects like:
ExtraFX, ParticleFX, LightingFX. TireFX, GrassFX, ReflectionsFX
If you are on Win10, enable DXGI
If you dont need Post Process AA, turn it off in Graphic Adjustments

strange with all this b1tching about CSP, here. We are not the CSP help desk!
Figure it out for yourself, or join the CSP Discord.

please before making more mods, follow these

1.steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\car_pipeline_2.0rev
2.https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config
3. take insparation from https://github.com/RustyChest/list-of-assetto-mods/blob/master/good_mods
4. take hate to https://github.com/RustyChest/list-of-assetto-mods/blob/master/bad_mods (and if you are on there, good work, leave the ac community)
5. dont forget ao even on a test car, if i ever see cars with no ao im gonna find you

all of those 5 tips are the most important tips to become a high quality ac modder, anything with the same looks as from the bad mod list, please recalculate your life, and maybe try baking a cake. it will work better for the long run
Why is this post necessary? You can just choose to not download/install mods that don’t meet your taste/standards. Or as Captain AO, you can contact the modder and offer your assistance.

Why is this post necessary? You can just choose to not download/install mods that don’t meet your taste/standards. Or as Captain AO, you can contact the modder and offer your assistance.
I think they were sarcastic. Their post was critical of that "rusty" guy.

Anyway, I don't get why this forum is so hung up on that list. People will continue to express their opinions regardless of how outrageous they might be. I wish we could laugh and move on.

for CSP slow-downs etc... try disabling some effects like:
ExtraFX, ParticleFX, LightingFX. TireFX, GrassFX, ReflectionsFX
If you are on Win10, enable DXGI
If you dont need Post Process AA, turn it off in Graphic Adjustments

strange with all this b1tching about CSP, here. We are not the CSP help desk!
Figure it out for yourself, or join the CSP Discord.

I don't understand.
Again, I remember that English is not my native language and sometimes, I have dificulty to understand some terms and phrases.

Back to me reply.
Isn't this Forum Thread called: Assetto Corsa PC Mods General Discussion?

Isn't CSP a MOD?
I mean, if I am wrong, please correct me.

I have a strange question for you guys. If I want to add a new flag, say a little Mushroom to represent the Mushroom Kingdom in countries, how would I go about that? The countries page looks a bit weird with an empty spot for the flag for Mushroom Kingdom lol

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    44.2 KB · Views: 26

Anyway, I don't get why this forum is so hung up on that list. People will continue to express their opinions regardless of how outrageous they might be. I wish we could laugh and move on.

Thing is i totally agree with the 'good' mod list, its spot on....
Problem i have is with being told i should not download ANYTHING not on it....

That is plain daft.
One of best things about AC for me is learning to do the simple stuff that can take a rough looking track to something that puts a smile on my face.

Grass fx, lighting, skins, darker trees, all simple stuff, but rewarding...
So i actively seek these 'bad' mods because its fun to me to try to better them visually.

Also i don't believe in putting people off who are trying to learn as they go along.
I think the more people that are willing to scratch make stuff, even if not perfect, should be praised..
Granted the caveat being that if they are 'selling' it...it rightly should be held up to higher scrutiny...

Anyway... it is what it is.

Check out this very well made video. People out there making art in Assetto Corsa. Don't download the car though please. It's not on the list of good. Kindly pass by.

Saab 9-3 XWD Sportcombi
by - Adriano Cotta Ramusino‎
Specs:
280 BHP
400 NM
No Encryption!
CSP latest version is required.

Credits:
Huge thanks to Micke Pesu for all the fixes and additions, but mosly for the colossal clip below. Definitely go check it out cause it's a masterpiece, and keep your eyes peeled cause he's rumored to be about to drop his own version of this beauty and you don't wanna miss that!
3D Shell: Hum3D
3D Work: me
Sounds: Kunos
Physics: me
Skins: me
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!!

Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy!

Download Link:
https://bit.ly/saab_93_combi

YouTube Link:

Wo amazing Video & car thanks a lot congrats

@Car AO Chan if it was sarcasm, then disregard my post. A cheeky smile, a wink, or /s will help me read your sarcasm appropriately. :cheers:

Thing is i totally agree with the 'good' mod list, its spot on....
Problem i have is with being told i should not download ANYTHING not on it....

That is plain daft.
One of best things about AC for me is learning to do the simple stuff that can take a rough looking track to something that puts a smile on my face.

Grass fx, lighting, skins, darker trees, all simple stuff, but rewarding...
So i actively seek these 'bad' mods because its fun to me to try to better them visually.

Also i don't believe in putting people off who are trying to learn as they go along.
I think the more people that are willing to scratch make stuff, even if not perfect, should be praised..
Granted the caveat being that if they are 'selling' it...it rightly should be held up to higher scrutiny...

Anyway... it is what it is.
I understand and agree with all of your points. The thing is, even the most clueless person is free to speak. They'll obviously say dumb things. I'm not gonna think twice over it. I read the list too and laughed out loud at "bad authors" part. That was all the attention I could give. But then I saw many posts here complaining about a name I first saw minutes ago. It's counter-intuitive to give attention to people you don't approve. Also I don't have enough estate in my mind to lend to nobodies.

We should learn to just ignore. That's all I'd humbly suggest.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back