Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,951 comments
Odd question, i've been doing some Ai experimenting trying to fix an Ai on one of the tracks, i've gotten the basic line fixed, but how do I actually make them pass each other? I know some tracks use an AI hints file, but I have not found how to make this work or configure. Would someone please explain how this works to me? A metaphorical Ai Hints for Dummies.

Additionally, some KS tracks and a few mods have cars spinning off and piling up in places, is that a normal Ai file thing i need to fix, or is this related to AI hints? (It seems i'm biting off more than I can chew)

Look here:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...full-list-of-variables-and-explanation.45215/
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ai-path-issues-and-how-do-i-create-an-ai-hints-file.143417/

from the master himself:

HINT_x multiply the radius of the corner seen by the AI. Useful when AI is too fast or too slow in a corner.. usually due to compression/decompressions but there could be other reasons such as hairpin with long straight after and where the AI is going in too hot loosing in exit speed.
BRAKEHINT_x changes the AI idea of how hard it can brake in that zone.. again some compression and,especially decompression area might need this
DANGER_x is an hint that kicks in when the AI is engaged and it's informing the AI to take it easy in that section if engaged.. it's used very rarely

Stefano Casillo
--------------

When the AI is not passing each other, maybe the AI dont "see" the full width of the track. Have you checked the track borders (= red lines)? Maybe you need to add new sidelines.

Dragon Fantasy Track:

Edited: this Link is removed - No one responded to see if track could be smoothed out
I know this track was a weird fantasy track. Just thought I would ask.

take care,
Dave

Aaaaw. I would have liked to at least have a look at it before deciding. Any chance of a re-up?

Hey all, tried making a replay camera for the very first time. Finally figured how to get it done but barely. It is not based on any real cameras as I just did what looked ok. It's a very driver focused camera, I will try to make another with a wider FOV if I have time. And if anyone has tips on static cams, that would be much appreciated!
This is more of a test so let me know what you think!

Anyone else just really enjoys watching replays? I catch myself watching replays just as much as I race :confused:

Anyway, this is for Nurburgring's Sprint Short which can be found on Legion's blog here
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search/label/Other Tracks

At the time of typing this, I just found out that @safi hellie has created a great camera for this track already! Found here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1076#post-13087004

Make sure to remove the .txt
Named it cameras_3 to complement safi's camera

Thank you @safi hellie @DaBaeda @racealot and anyone else who creates and shares track cams on here. I really appreciate it!

Attachments

• cameras_3.ini.txt
    6.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Hey all, tried making a replay camera for the very first time.

I prefer VR cameras that have the rotation turned off to avoid sickness. "IS_FIXED=1"

I personally also try to make them so that when I follow a car with my head to the left, the car appears on the left side on the next camera and I follow it to the right and obviously, follow the car to the right then have the next camera show the car on the right. Rinse and repeat. It might seem over the top but it really makes VR spectating more comfy for me.

I might be alone here mind you...

What track do many of you use for testing vehicles/mods?

Short, various corner speeds.

I prefer VR cameras that have the rotation turned off to avoid sickness. "IS_FIXED=1"

I personally also try to make them so that when I follow a car with my head to the left, the car appears on the left side on the next camera and I follow it to the right and obviously, follow the car to the right then have the next camera show the car on the right. Rinse and repeat. It might seem over the top but it really makes VR spectating more comfy for me.

I might be alone here mind you...

Thank you for the tips, I'll try a VR test when I'm free! Can't believe VR completely slipped my mind. If it works out, maybe I could aim for at least one regular cam and one VR cam for future track cams? It'll take some time but if it's still fun then, I'll keep at it.

Since someone else has also asked for a "grip" version, I will do the physics and re-release soon. I dont do 3d or textures, so you or someone else can do that. Create community effort... make your fix.

Hopefully the grip tune is still intended. In the meantime I've tweaked a couple of things and upped the rev to 1.1 so you can use this model as a base for the grip tune if you want:
Adjusted cockpit shaders to lighten/deshine things overall, fixed the alpha on badges, labels etc (everything is lumped together in the cockpit so options are limited), and fixed the backfire flame numbers/positions/effects.
I also changed gearing to paddles and added a paddle shift animation - it was really daft seeing the driver reach for a non-existent gear stick...
Added blue driver suit to all skins too as a quick way of removing that awful white Sparco.

I fixed the mirrors using the FLIP command but this is in my own external config of course. Easy enough to do but it'd be good to get a hard fix for this too.
It'd be great if someone could fix the brake lights, add digital instruments and fix the weird speedo needle that seems to clip behind the (missing) gear indicator.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rl3xgfhlxu1cy7f/file

fez.PNG

Had a look at GT Tokyo Expressway files....

No .mtl attached so the textures would need to be placed manually, roughly 10 times as many as Bathurst. *** dat. There also seems to be several LOD all in the one file. Performance would probably suffer too much. This will need someone with more free time and patience.

Attachments

• ffs.jpg
    ffs.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hopefully the grip tune is still intended. In the meantime I've tweaked a couple of things and upped the rev to 1.1 so you can use this model as a base for the grip tune if you want:
Adjusted cockpit shaders to lighten/deshine things overall, fixed the alpha on badges, labels etc (everything is lumped together in the cockpit so options are limited), and fixed the backfire flame numbers/positions/effects.
I also changed gearing to paddles and added a paddle shift animation - it was really daft seeing the driver reach for a non-existent gear stick...
Added blue driver suit to all skins too as a quick way of removing that awful white Sparco.

I fixed the mirrors using the FLIP command but this is in my own external config of course. Easy enough to do but it'd be good to get a hard fix for this too.
It'd be great if someone could fix the brake lights, add digital instruments and fix the weird speedo needle that seems to clip behind the (missing) gear indicator.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rl3xgfhlxu1cy7f/file

View attachment 948767
Yes, will do the grip try.. maybe tonight. Will use this as the base.
Idea is to keep the performance as it is... but with road manners ;)
thanks!

Thanks for the review, seeing as this was never finished. (unable to make AI do a joker lap)
I sure as **** never released it or put it on sharemods.

:embarrassed: converted by you?
I will of course remove it, if that's what you're signaling :)

Yeah i know, but Lernatix was not too happy so i removed it. There's enough arguing in here nowadays. If he's the guy that made it, I don't want to step on any toes.

Did a light config, grass fx and camera for this fantastic kart track on RD.

Easy to add, easier to remove, will not affect any part of the original creators work, just simply adds some extras which may, or may not, be worthwhile to you.

The lights are good enough for driving just about in a car with lights.
The grass fx i made a decision to keep some of the yellow burnt grass visible, maybe that grass would of died, but i liked it a bit longer..

The track is used for karts, but also motorbikes and cars, seems a very popular track from what i could see on google.

Perfect for small cars.

Link to track is in RD link:

https://www.racedepartment.com/down...artodromo-internacional-lucas-guerrero.35266/

hello guys and girls, I have been busy for the last two days on a 2019 skin for Trois-Rivières
(will let you know when it is ready but a sneak preview is in the photo thread )

I've watched a lot of replay from the past years, that track hosted so many interesting races.
I came across a category i didn't know: IMSA lites Prototype.

those cars are more than beautiful, they look incredibly mean and fast and fun, look at those eyes:

imsa_28859218.jpg

would LOVE to try this one in AC.

Maybe one day. :bowdown:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back