Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,326 comments
Teddie, if you can hang on a bit longer? take a look at the HP Reverb G2 (mid Sept release) - Only real problem it's gonna need a 2080ti to make it sing 'n dance...
Yes, I agree. @Teddie I was going to suggest it: instead of a "standard" VR, buy a WMR - it is easier to setup and sometimes has more resolution/quality.

Teddie, if you can hang on a bit longer? take a look at the HP Reverb G2 (mid Sept release) - Only real problem it's gonna need a 2080ti to make it sing 'n dance...

Yes, I agree. I was going to suggest it: instead of a "standard" VR, buy a WMR - it is easier to setup and sometimes has more resolution/quality.
I'm taking the plunge I think when this comes out. It says my 2080 Super should work fine. In fact it says 2070 Super is recommended.
Will mine still sing and dance or do I need to feed it drinks and ecstasy first?

Hey all, was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a real Jaguar Project 8?

There is one on assetto land but apparently it's a rally version and only has 185hp and 130nm?
The model itself looks quite alright and interiour isn't too bad. I already did some minor edits as far as my recently acquired skills go but I would love to see a propperly done version since I absolutely love this car!

I changed the livery and shader so it has a paint colour instead of a livery
upload_2020-8-31_22-8-31.jpeg

And I photoshopped the speedometer so the when the lights are on they look a lot better. Also reduced the brightness of the speedometer lights.
upload_2020-8-31_22-7-32.png

I don't really drive it but I just couldn't delete this car. I've loved it since I saw it for the first time on The Grand Tour. I hope some of you agree with me! :)

Cheers

I'm taking the plunge I think when this comes out. It says my 2080 Super should work fine. In fact it says 2070 Super is recommended.
Will mine still sing and dance or do I need to feed it drinks and ecstasy first?
I'm sure you'll be very happy with your headset. It is a game changer, literally. My suggestion in a WMR instead of a "standard" VR is because WMR doesn't have all that sensors around the room and it usually has better image quality.
Anyway, congrats on your new achievement :cheers:

Wrong watch, right time. 50%. I will let you download the half back or the hald front of the car. Your call. ;)
Thanks for attending to the challenge.👍

it's a Tag Heuer not the Tissot you are Thinking about ,they had do remove tag heuer watches from the game for legal reasons after v1.59 of gt sport , its all the same really, both are owned by the swatch group and share the same base ETA Caliber 2824-2

Last edited:
Wrong watch, right time. 50%. I will let you download the half back or the hald front of the car. Your call. ;)
Thanks for attending to the challenge.👍
Fun fact. All watches are set to 22:10 (or 10:10) when you buy them, or when they are posting a picture of them. Since forever. Don't believe me? Go to Google, type omega watches, Rolex watches,...any top brand and go to pictures. 99% of photos will show 22:10. There are a few reasons for that. In that position the springs that move the hands on the mechanical watch are the least compressed and therefore there is the least possibility of a damage during transport. In this position majority of signage is most visible (usually under 12 o'clock and over 6 o'clock. And finally it has become a standard to set a watch in that position, so everybody is doing it. Even with quartz watches that don't have springs, and so shouldn't care what position the hands are at.

So I would of guessed the time of the watch without even looking at the picture. :lol:

Last edited:
Fun fact. All watches are set to 22:10 (or 10:10) when you buy them, or when they are posting a picture of them. Since forever. Don't believe me? Go to Google, type omega watches, Rolex watches,...any top brand and go to pictures. 99% of photos will show 22:10. There are a few reasons for that. In that position the springs that move the hands on the mechanical watch are the least compressed and therefore there is the least possibility of a damage during transport. In this position majority of signage is most visible (usually under 12 o'clock and over 6 o'clock. And finally it has become a standard to set a watch in that position, so everybody is doing it. Even with quartz watches that don't have springs, and so shouldn't care what position the hands are at.

So I would of guessed the time of the watch without even looking at the picture. :lol:

No you are wrong: the mainspring has an almost constant force until the power reserve goes to 0

The real reason for the setting? Aesthetics. The 10:10 position gives the clock or watch a number of benefits:

• The hands are not overlapping, so they're fully and clearly visible and their styling can be admired.

• The arrangement of the hands is symmetrical, which people generally find more pleasant than asymmetry, making the product more appealing to customers.

• The manufacturer's logo, usually in the center of the face under the 12, is not only visible but nicely framed by the hands.

• Additional elements on the face (like date windows or secondary dials), usually placed near the 3, 6, or 9, won't be obscured.

No you are wrong:the mainspring has an almost constant force until the power reserve goes to

The real reason for the setting? Aesthetics. The 10:10 position gives the clock or watch a number of benefits:

• The hands are not overlapping, so they're fully and clearly visible and their styling can be admired.

• The arrangement of the hands is symmetrical, which people generally find more pleasant than asymmetry, making the product more appealing to customers.

• The manufacturer's logo, usually in the center of the face under the 12, is not only visible but nicely framed by the hands.

• Additional elements on the face (like date windows or secondary dials), usually placed near the 3, 6, or 9, won't be obscured.
OK. I guess an article I was reading once was partially wrong. Doesn't matter, still a fun fact that majority of people don't notice if you don't point it out to them. Even if they saw 100s of pictures of watches in their life. I surely didn't. :)

@VheEth
here is a lazy short update for your nice Velocitta Track!
- minor config tweaks
- new grassfx with textures
- fix for the bad rock texture, choose my skin

https://sharemods.com/4bb1pzny3m9x/vhe_velocitta_Mike08update1.zip.html

I was a crying a little that you removed the more uneven gravel-textures from the grass terrain, which have been in the original Velocitta version.
Because now the terrain looks just the same green all over.
Perhaps you can bring it back?
The new 3D trees looking great!!!
Thank you! Keep on your very nice work!

Sorry for a bit off topic: VR users, I'm thinking about doing the VR thing.

A few years back, I bought the HTC Vive for my kids. If I get one for myself, can I just run the headset for AC or do I also need to purchase the sensors that you mount to the walls? Can I do without the vive controllers as well. Basically can I do AC in VR with just the headset?

If you want to get something right now and aren't "tied" to the Vive, I'd recommend the Rift S with inside-out tracking. It doesn't require sensors and is a little easier for current systems to "manage." I do expect some significant changes and improvements in the next couple of years, but the VR market is kind of in a strange place right now. For the more "serious" PC users, it seems like a little bit of a limbo, and manufacturers are making strange decisions, but eventually things will start moving again as things "shake out" and the direction is set.

I still use the Rift (non S, has sensors), and even though it's "old" and "low resolution," I just CANNOT return to using my 144Mhz ultra-wide curved monitor. The immersion in VR, even with this "ancient" headset, is far beyond anything I've ever experienced with an ultra, super-ultra, or triple screen setup (and I've sat in $40k+ rigs with high-end triples and motion).

Heck, if you come across a used Rift at a great price and the deal proves legit, BUY IT.

Guys, thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of getting the Rift S as some have suggested. It's just the cheapest route for me at the moment. Ok, now which one of yous guys is selling one cheap? ;)

Guys, I'm working on Autopolis Lakeside layout (using Zwiss's GP track as the base).
I've played NFS Shift for years, but can't remember some things.
* Did NFS Shift have pitting?
* Did Autopolis Lakeside have it's pitstops split in half?
* if so, did the first half of the grid get the first row of pits or did the back half get the first row?

For now, I'm going to split it up, first half getting first row of pits. The interesting thing is, I'm going to need to have two pit lanes unless I connect them with a u shaped piece of pavement. I won't do that unless the initial split of pits doesn't work. I think it will.

The last one for today, pretty good with a cool sound.

Subaru Impreza GD WRX STi - Prelift

View media item 67513
tbb_subaru_wrx_sti.rar - 73.6 MB
Thanks for this. Kicks my existing bugeye firmly into touch and it's RHD too which is always nice to suit my setup.
I had to add a shifting animation and it needs working wipers, but it's a very solid mod. Looks great too - cockpit shaders are very similar to ДЯДЯ ДИМА's cars, which is no bad thing. Instrument lights blow some LCD detail out when the headlights are on but that's probably an easy fix.

Maybe because its pointless :D

tenor.gif

Watch is CITIZEN

Nope. Thank you for your guess. 👍

it's a Tag Heuer not the Tissot you are Thinking about ,they had do remove tag heuer watches from the game for legal reasons after v1.59 of gt sport , its all the same really, both are owned by the swatch group and share the same base ETA Caliber 2824-2

As I posted, 'the watch brand on the driver's suite'. It is a vectorized watch for GT Sport.
Nothing to do with your law and legal reasons. :odd:;)

Thank you for your explanation, but I do really imagine that maybe 70% of men, knows that. :cool:

Dear lads, this very post have a nice tip to see the watch brand. :sly:

I recently saw a video on this custom-built project car inspired by 60's formulae and powered by a Porsche Boxster flat-6. Unfortunately I do *not* have the skills to recreate this in Assetto Corsa, but hopefully someone will give it a try.

Yep... whirly whirly!
hint: if I give technical advice, I'm rarely wrong. I do research this stuff before providing answers (and have had stFlow removed since the first day using CSP because I got stFlow conflicts against CSP in JSGME, in AC :: read here ::
Not gonna read your bio, have more bio ;)
Just reading about stflow stuff...I remember x4 said, he made it redundant, but i did ignore that, because there are also people using tracks without having CustomShaderPatch...so i a track maker can choose to use that for more fancy stuff without CSP.

Last edited:
The style that’s on it now looks more accurate than the granturismo shot, don’t remember a season those cars ran the honeycomb style

From 2000 through 2001, the Vette did use those BBS-rims, you see in the GranTurismo shot... In 2002 they started using the OZ-rims the car in the AC-screenshot it fitted with.
The rim ons the Viper is also an older-style split-rim... - in reality the Viper used the same BBS-rims as the Vette - in 2000.

@jaqory I have made a few skins from those years, if you're interested...

GRAB_1187.JPG

GRAB_1188.JPG

http://www.lemansdecals.com/tienda/2106-thickbox_default/corvette-c5r-le-mans-2000-n63.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back