- 663

- Doncaster
View attachment 954221
Working Progress...
Can't wait for this C5.R. To be brutally honest we do need a better C5.R after the one we got currently...looking at you RTM but not dissing legion for doing a better physics job on the C5.R.
View attachment 954221
Working Progress...
it is your choiceNot gonna read your bio, have more bio
Just reading about stflow stuff...I remember x4 said, he made it redundant, but i did ignore that, because there are also people using tracks without having CustomShaderPatch...so i a track maker can choose to use that for more fancy stuff without CSP.
What I always suggest people before buying an hmd is to try it first, especially the ones (like the Rift S) that have no IPD (inter pupillar distance) adjustment.Guys, thanks for the advice. I'm thinking of getting the Rift S as some have suggested. It's just the cheapest route for me at the moment. Ok, now which one of yous guys is selling one cheap?![]()
What I always suggest people before buying an hmd is to try it first, especially the ones (like the Rift S) that have no IPD (inter pupillar distance) adjustment.
no ipd adjustment means if the distance between your eyes is outside the medium range (66 millimeters for most hmds), it will be a frustrating experience and you'll be selling your hmd in no time.
what software are you using to open existing tracks?Lakeside progress is ... progressThis was a better project for me for learning. My scratch made tracks are going to benefit from my experience on this. Just learning better workflow and features I did not know exist. I've gotta look up Tyron's posts about dynamic billboards. There are many on this track that I want to set up with motion billboards.
So far...
View attachment 954373
![]()
Nope. Thank you for your guess. 👍
As I posted, 'the watch brand on the driver's suite'. It is a vectorized watch for GT Sport.
Nothing to do with your law and legal reasons.
Thank you for your explanation, but I do really imagine that maybe 70% of men, knows that.
Dear lads, this very post have a nice tip to see the watch brand.![]()
what software are you using to open existing tracks?
ya IPD is super strange, the difference of 2mm took my wife from nausea to enjoying the vive. Its not something i ever thought to adjust, nor do i bother adjusting it after she or the kids use it and i dont suffer at all, but, for sure in her case, bad IPD causes instant discomfort. fwiw I only ever use my vr now for half life Alyx, the only game on VR I can say rivals pc grphics and fluidity.Thanks Blamer. Good advice. I wonder if they sell the Rift S somewhere where I can try it out...
So far never editted a track, only tried my first scratch made one so far using RTB RaceTrackBuilder.3DSimEd and Blender 2.8. My scratch tracks I usually start out with RTB and then bring into Blender. What are you using?
ya IPD is super strange, the difference of 2mm took my wife from nausea to enjoying the vive. Its not something i ever thought to adjust, nor do i bother adjusting it after she or the kids use it and i dont suffer at all, but, for sure in her case, bad IPD causes instant discomfort. fwiw I only ever use my vr now for half life Alyx, the only game on VR I can say rivals pc grphics and fluidity.
While i do love it for racing, the sacrifices in graphic quality and resolution are jsut too high, no matter hwo high i set the supersampling in steam, even 2X (best i can manage on my 2080ti) the fact is in the centre of my vision that car up ahead is still just a batch of 12 pixels no matter how hard supersampling tried. Once HMDs get to 8K+ then I will enjoy it more, everyone forgets those pixels are an inch from your eyes, very noticaeble.
So far never editted a track, only tried my first scratch made one so far using RTB RaceTrackBuilder.
I looked at simed3d, but, from rf2 forums I read its hard because its trying to build tracks for dx11 games but its stuck on a dx9 engine so you cannot actually see what you will actually see in terms of shaders etc. Maybe I made that an important thing in my brain when in fact it is not. Might grab a copy of 3dsimed and give it a go. Can it do actual editting, import obj's move parts around, cut tracks etc, or its more like kunos editor, just lets you change textures etc?
No bothering to adjust IPD then complains about IQ?ya IPD is super strange, the difference of 2mm took my wife from nausea to enjoying the vive. Its not something i ever thought to adjust, nor do i bother adjusting it after she or the kids use it and i dont suffer at all, but, for sure in her case, bad IPD causes instant discomfort. fwiw I only ever use my vr now for half life Alyx, the only game on VR I can say rivals pc grphics and fluidity.
While i do love it for racing, the sacrifices in graphic quality and resolution are jsut too high, no matter hwo high i set the supersampling in steam, even 2X (best i can manage on my 2080ti) the fact is in the centre of my vision that car up ahead is still just a batch of 12 pixels no matter how hard supersampling tried. Once HMDs get to 8K+ then I will enjoy it more, everyone forgets those pixels are an inch from your eyes, very noticaeble.
(fwiw the BEST game for racing VR is AMS2!)
ya IPD is super strange, the difference of 2mm took my wife from nausea to enjoying the vive. Its not something i ever thought to adjust, nor do i bother adjusting it after she or the kids use it and i dont suffer at all, but, for sure in her case, bad IPD causes instant discomfort. fwiw I only ever use my vr now for half life Alyx, the only game on VR I can say rivals pc grphics and fluidity.
While i do love it for racing, the sacrifices in graphic quality and resolution are jsut too high, no matter hwo high i set the supersampling in steam, even 2X (best i can manage on my 2080ti) the fact is in the centre of my vision that car up ahead is still just a batch of 12 pixels no matter how hard supersampling tried. Once HMDs get to 8K+ then I will enjoy it more, everyone forgets those pixels are an inch from your eyes, very noticaeble.
(fwiw the BEST game for racing VR is AMS2!)
Hey all, was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a real Jaguar Project 8?
There is one on assetto land but apparently it's a rally version and only has 185hp and 130nm?
The model itself looks quite alright and interiour isn't too bad. I already did some minor edits as far as my recently acquired skills go but I would love to see a propperly done version since I absolutely love this car!
I changed the livery and shader so it has a paint colour instead of a livery
View attachment 954248
And I photoshopped the speedometer so the when the lights are on they look a lot better. Also reduced the brightness of the speedometer lights.
View attachment 954247
I don't really drive it but I just couldn't delete this car. I've loved it since I saw it for the first time on The Grand Tour. I hope some of you agree with me!
Cheers
Oculus Rift CV1 with a 980ti/6600k stock combo (recently upgraded to 1080ti/7700k) which I have been using since it launched. So one of the lowest-resolution HMDs, yet I can still see the clocks on the dashboards of cars alongside me. Weird huh? Must have a broken Rift that somehow quadruples the resolution.@masscot, are you using Vive or Oculus?
never said I never adjusted it, back when i first bought it I of course chased every setting that could be had for a better experience, including those ipd kits off the web etc, just that IPD has nothing to do with clarity (unless you set it out bizarrely), its to adjust stereo vision or your perception of depth correctly in the headset. at the relatively small changes required to be made from my setting to other people I notice no difference.No bothering to adjust IPD then complains about IQ?
Seriously?
Sold.I think you would benefit from having 3DSimEd. .
Sounds like marriage..working with it because it will make you say wtf a lot
IPD is important for clarity. One of the Oculus setup exercises involves adjusting IPD until lines of a cross converge properly and are focused, and small adjustments can make a world of difference (to me they did, anyway).never said I never adjusted it, back when i first bought it I of course chased every setting that could be had for a better experience, including those ipd kits off the web etc, just that IPD has nothing to do with clarity (unless you set it out bizarrely), its to adjust stereo vision or your perception of depth correctly in the headset. at the relatively small changes required to be made from my setting to other people I notice no difference.
The issue was more of I can acutely see the actual red blue and green pixels the picture is made up from, resolution just plain sucks on the vive.
Pimax I demo'd was marginally better, but, it needs to get to around that 8K res in screen to sell the same "resolution" as sitting 50cm away from the triples.. we are some way away from that yet, much less graphics cards that could drive it.
IPD is important for clarity. One of the Oculus setup exercises involves adjusting IPD until lines of a cross converge properly and are focused, and small adjustments can make a world of difference (to me they did, anyway).
Not suggesting your VR isn't set up properly as it sounds like you have put the necessary effort in but I do wonder sometimes how many people just slap the HMD on and expect VR to look great with no tweaking. The initial out-of-the-box experience with the Rift in AC was amazing from a 'wow... I'm actually IN this car...' perspective but the IQ was a shimmering, aliased, low res mess. After setting it up properly I find the IQ great. Of course my 4k display is better, but that is literally the only thing that IS better, and it's nowhere near enough to make me want to sacrifice the incredible immersion, stereoscopic vision, freedom of view, depth perception, sense of scale, placement of objects in 3D space, the overwhelming sense of being in the car, on the track, at the venue. Looking at a 2D screen with a static PoV with the rest of the room visible around the edges... man, it's kind of pathetic to me by comparison. I wouldn't want to use VR to play, say, H:ZD but for racing sims where immersion is key I can think of nothing better.
It sounds like you're really getting into the track editing/making thing, and I think you would benefit from having 3DSimEd.
Yep, different strokes for different folks. There really is only one way to find out if you'll like it and that is to try it, and you did absolutely the right thing by not dismissing it instantly but rather gave it a jolly good go over several months.I sold my Rift S after three months and went triple 2k screens. VR isn't for everyone, even with a "normal" IPD!