Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,326 comments
Thanks for these. The Anglia has a big black thing blocking the incar driver view. I think it might be that front of the helmet.

you may find replacing the HIDE_OBJECT lines in your driver3d.ini with these may fix that. I haven't tried yet but it should work.

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET1985

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GLASS_1985

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE

you may find replacing the HIDE_OBJECT lines in your driver3d.ini with these may fix that. I haven't tried yet but it should work.

[HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET1985

[HIDE_OBJECT_1]
NAME=DRIVER:GLASS_1985

[HIDE_OBJECT_2]
NAME=DRIVER:GEO_Driver_FACE
It worked, thanks

While you are at it...

- No smoothing groups on any of the walls...
- UVW mapping issues on a lot of access roads and pit lane..
- Road edge floater needs to be fixed around a few curbs...
- Your grass and road shaders look great... if this was rFactor1...

- View attachment 953957 View attachment 953958

NiftyMindlessGerenuk-size_restricted.gif

View attachment 953956

And you go to my ignored list, i dont need read comments like this, if you are bored buy a cat.

Bathurst is in the top ten tracks of AC.

Or adopt. There are many cute kittys that need a home.👍

I wont be able to sleep without your approval.... oh no.... :(:(:(:(:(:(

Where's the respect when a Kunos' modeler sees his track hacked up poorly? I guess the "respect" doesnt go that far huh...

Doubt Jimbo asked politely to the people responsible for the ACC track, why should I be any different when I show him what needs fixing?

An ethical line has been crossed a long time ago... its fair game, I'll be as arrogant and condescending as I want :lol:

VcRf.gif

Hi gents and gals
Today, 3 street cars from the fifties:
Chevrolet Belair 1957 sport coupé 235 manual 4 speed
Chevrolet Belair 1957 sport coupé V8 manual 3 speed
Chevrolet Belair 1957 sport coupé V8 with overdrive

50289183823_f8e4cf4ed7_b.jpg

Most of the files in data folder were updated (too lazy to listing that...)
All data's come from these pages:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1957/350195/chevrolet_bel_air_sport_coupe_235_overdrive.html
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/...-8_corvette_ramjet_fi_283-hp_close-ratio.html
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/...r_sport_coupe_283_v-8_corvette_overdrive.html
that reminds me my father's chevrolet and the music of his V8 in 1959/1960 (ah... nostalgia...)
Download 3 in 1:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xd8q396u4gn47ax/3chevrolet_belair_1957.7z/file
Have a nice day... or night for those living down under :lol:
Mike

Thank you for your updating work. :cheers:

Very well chaps,

here is the challenfe for today. Oh boy, what a lucky community you are. :D
The winner (and all), will win this fantastic species

Chevrolet Corvette C4 ZR-1
9zw0.png

What is the hour of the day/night when this picture was taken?

Alright, one more easy then.

What is the brand of the clock on the driver's suite?
0h9s.png

Be around, the name of the winner and the astonishing prize, will be released before 2025.

Let the game begin!!!!!!!! :gtpflag:

I'm confused. Will there be another (more polished) version of Reservoir at a later date? Will it have proper ai and data files?
I am still working on some graphics updates for it, and i think @leBluem also has not forgotten this track.
@xezez released another AI file for one of the many layouts.
and for the other layouts.. there are already AI files.

Sorry for a bit off topic: VR users, I'm thinking about doing the VR thing.

A few years back, I bought the HTC Vive for my kids. If I get one for myself, can I just run the headset for AC or do I also need to purchase the sensors that you mount to the walls? Can I do without the vive controllers as well. Basically can I do AC in VR with just the headset?

I am still working on some graphics updates for it, and i think @leBluem also has not forgotten this track.
@xezez released another AI file for one of the many layouts.
and for the other layouts.. there are already AI files.
Cool. I didn’t which ai files were to use. I’ll just wait for your official update. Thanks!

A few years back, I bought the HTC Vive for my kids. If I get one for myself, can I just run the headset for AC or do I also need to purchase the sensors that you mount to the walls? Can I do without the vive controllers as well. Basically can I do AC in VR with just the headset?

unfortunately as I have an Oculus Rift S I can’t answer your question. But whatever you do, get it working! I simply couldn’t believe how immersive and realistic it is! The whole thing is mind-blowing. Suddenly the track perspective and elevation changes are EXACTLY like the real thing. I know Goodwood and Thruxton well, and it’s just astonishing how VR reproduces the corners in a way a screen simply doesn’t. There is also a visceral effect - plunging down the hill towards Druids at Brands is genuinely thrilling.

on the Oculus the controllers are helpful in navigating the virtual desktop, changing cars in CM etc, but it’s possible to use the headset without the controllers to drive in AC. I don’t know about the external sensors as the Oculus doesn’t have them.

those who are getting a sub-optimal visual clarity in the distance should try switching off depth of field - it makes a big difference

Teddie, if you can hang on a bit longer? take a look at the HP Reverb G2 (mid Sept release) - Only real problem it's gonna need a 2080ti to make it sing 'n dance...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back