Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,780 comments
We are too harsh with "begging on first post" remarks. There are kids, poor English speakers etc. coming and posting here and it must be shocking to be responded with such hostility.
On the other hand, manners cost nothing and I personally don't think it's too much to ask to be little polite if you come here immediately wanting other people to drop what they're doing and find mods for you.
This place is a victim of its own success and it seems that quite a few people think it's just a drive-by mod finding service rather than a vibrant community of friendly like-minded enthusiasts. Nobody wants somebody else's life story but a friendly 'hello' would go a long way to getting off on the right foot, especially if you want help with something. It shouldn't be a surprise if members here respond as rudely as some first posts have been in the past, language and age barriers notwithstanding. There's no reason why anyone shouldn't be welcomed here... unless they prove themselves to be complete assholes, of course.

As for getting the mesh into RTB as you would for google maps, you'll have to wait a bit til I've sorted my plugin. The source data needs to be in .asc format; that's no problem, but I've no idea what grid reference system is used down under. Possibly there's some official mapping agency that has that info
the DEM I used is ASC, but, sadly very outdated, one whole leg of the track is missing in it, the lidar 1M does have it though..

I read through the info posted on the process, but, it does not account for the services that only offer a download like the AU ElVis data. I can get the asc, but, not from a server, is what you are working give the ability to simply import an existing file?

In terms of a plugin, i get how useful that would be, but, if you have Brendons ear, FAR more useful would be a way to simply import FBX items without the whole xpacker schlep, and FAR FAR more useful would be the ability to start a project using "import mesh as terrain" function. A nice addon would be a smoothing brush as well, the way it cuts tracks leave some horrible trackside spikes which are painful to clean up using the move point thing.

My current experience with RTB has been that its excellent at making fantasy tracks where you can create whatever road you like, but following exacting tracks that already exist (with any hope of accuracy, and especially on sharp turns where the algorithm employed falls apart and creates terrible creases), the workflow is nearly faster to just hop in blender and do it longhand.

Last edited:
When is your v8 session? I think this is supposed to be released by the end of the year.

OMG, just checked his channel, this has been going for longer than a year now?! I forgive myself for getting upset when I cant finish a track in a single sitting! :lol::lol::lol:

I lack the fortitude of these guys, which is why my tracks come out looking like they do..

No problem Mr.Boo, say what you think and I will answer you.

First of all, I sort my mods that I have on my disk,car i download from racedepartment (first file) the skins are downloaded from racedepartment (next one files) ,fix to hang from racedepartment (next one file),and I myself change the height suspension,change sound to a sound that suits me better,while keeping the credits for the original modder,and I only add what I changed.I assume that it is easier to download one file than 4 files.

Secondly somebody wrote to use the original link,didn't I do it? I removed mine, changing it into the original one.
Next time there was a request to remove the fashion, I removed it.

Thirdly you think that I have time and desire to look for a modder, write to it, wait for an answer, if someone doesn't like it what i doing,I delete it and that's it.

Fourthly changing the files, adding skins where do you think I should add them? But you're clinging to this sharemods, half the forums use it and I also keep my fashion there, I have access to it 24 hours a day when I need it, there's a file search engine, endless amount of space, and all for free.

I don't blame you for what you've written, I respect you, but if it hurts so much that I use sharemods and don't ask the modder before I edit the file, just don't download it, add me to the ignored ones.

I deleted the file sleep well,Good Night:cheers:

Patrick Marek's mods are scratch built with decent physics and 3d models and maybe it wouldn't hurt to respect that. Would it be that painful to find the author on RD and contact him and wait for a reply. I'm sure he would reply in a day or 2 and let you know if it's ok to rework and rehost his mod.
Honestly if all you did was make some suspension changes, and make some skins, then share those bits or add links to the original and keep your changes for your own personal use.
You seem to think I have a problem with sharemods (i don't), I would have said something even if you shared it on Mediafire or Mega or anywhere else, it's not about the hosting site it's about you rehosting it with your own link and not just sharing the original RD link and reworking a decent mod that didn't need anything done to it.

I have no intention to ignore you as a lot of your mod tweaks have been good and have kept me from binning some mods but on this I feel it was unnecessary to even touch this mod.

On the other hand, manners cost nothing and I personally don't think it's too much to ask to be little polite if you come here immediately wanting other people to drop what they're doing and find mods for you.
This place is a victim of its own success and it seems that quite a few people think it's just a drive-by mod finding service rather than a vibrant community of friendly like-minded enthusiasts. Nobody wants somebody else's life story but a friendly 'hello' would go a long way to getting off on the right foot, especially if you want help with something. It shouldn't be a surprise if members here respond as rudely as some first posts have been in the past, language and age barriers notwithstanding. There's no reason why anyone shouldn't be welcomed here... unless they prove themselves to be complete assholes, of course.
I agree. I'm not defending or approve the behaviour of drive-by posters. Most of the time these first time posters simply don't know any better. Drive-by behaviour works on most places, they are not familiar with GTP and the community. Unless they show a deliberate entitled behaviour we shouldn't be this harsh with replies. One can also reply with "something something, by the way I see this is your first post here, welcome to forum etc.". This alone would tell about the etiquette here. Requires a bit of patience, I know. But it's decent and satisfying. Also we look kinda hostile and cliquey otherwise.

Especially if the poster's a young person, getting scolded by people online may drive their mood down. I think we can be more considerate with this subject.

Last edited:
Everyone has a different opinion on different topics, so for the second time respect my opinion as well. And the fact that I decided to merge all the files into one whole and share them here as a whole is not a bad thing. I don't share anything here, and this mod deserves to be in one piece. This is my opinion and I do not change it.

I respect every modder from this forum or any other, from other groups and discord, and I won't extend the topic here as much as I got news about what you wrote, but I'll keep it to myself because the culture of adult people requires it.

File deleted topic closed, who was supposed to download this one, let's close the topic because this conversation leads to nothing.

Greetings .

Err ok. It's not an opinion to change something and upload it on a different site to the original is it. Or am I confused over what opinion means these days. But you know what I fully respect your decision to alter something and upload it somewhere else when the author specifically states not to do that OUT OF RESPECT - but case closed end of story lets move on, but try and find some time in your busy schedule of releasing mods to maybe wait a day or 2 for words from the author next time.

See ya

We are too harsh with "begging on first post" remarks. There are kids, poor English speakers etc. coming and posting here and it must be shocking to be responded with such hostility.

I'm not against asking/begging/getting info.
I don't tolerate bad education behavior, and lack of polite behavior!

Don't come to me with the kids bla bla. What being a kid has to do with lack of education??
And how you know the age of those people posts?
And what is the 'kid' age for you, at we have to be condescendent to umpolitness? (don't even know if this word exist).
And bad English speakers can make a sentence, but are not able to say hello/hi/good day or whatever. We are dummies here?

Many of this bad behavior is due to, this is internet, I'm not in front of noone, so lets be umpolite: Some dumb will reply to me.

Ridiculous Sir.
I will stop here.

Cheers

P.S. Don't be upset. My posts will decrease from now on, if not end.

Sorry for the offtopic annoying subject, but I gave me the right to reply.
For me is closed.

Last edited:
And what is the 'kid' age for you, at we have to be condescendent to umpolitness? (don't even know if this word exist).
And bad English speakers can make a sentence, but are not able to say hello/hi/good day or whatever. We are dummies here?
Being a kid means inexperience with forums like this. Being a poor English speaker may mean lack of confidence. I've been there. You feel self-conscious and just only do minimal talking.
P.S. Don't be upset. My posts will decrease from now on, if not end.
No need Paulo. I like you. This is not personal. I especially adressed us whole as a community.

Last edited:
Regarding the first post begging. I used to do IT support. One thing I learned was while I saw the same stupid user problems everyday for the person with/causing the problem it was probably there first time. I had to not let my repeated frustration of seeing the same thing over and over be reflected in how I treated someone who was having this problem for the first time. Respect and manors goes both ways

Got a preview video up for that newly released Meadowdale Raceway on Racedepartment. I felt the need to record this one because it's about 2-3 hours from where I live and 6 hours from the track I normally race at. Seems to be a GPL or rFactor conversion with not a ton of work done to the art. Also has stikcy-wall, etc. But is actually an incredibly fun layout to drive on if you can look past that kind of thing.

as the theme of late seems to be on manners.. Id like to ask about modding decorum.

For scratch made tracks/cars I 100% get credit, or referring back to original creator, and getting permission.

-but-

If you are modding a mod, originally ripped from another game without permission, is it still important to reach out to modders to get permission to fix/alter/change to taste? The concern of course being that if you share it, and give "credit" and at some future point the track become a legal issue, you provided a paper trail back to the original ripper. Occurs to me "no honour amongst thieves" seems to be the go here.

Presumably (and from what I can read) the go is to refer to original download source (authors release page) then do your mod in a non destructive manner that adds to the original without destroying or overwriting any of it. (the Easy saga some pages back illustrates this point). But, if original gets taken down at some future point then all is lost? So maybe complete reupload AND reference to original? BUT what about when you must change the original geometry and cannot be done as an "addon"?

as the theme of late seems to be on manners.. Id like to ask about modding decorum.

For scratch made tracks/cars I 100% get credit, or referring back to original creator, and getting permission.

-but-

If you are modding a mod, originally ripped from another game without permission, is it still important to reach out to modders to get permission to fix/alter/change to taste? The concern of course being that if you share it, and give "credit" and at some future point the track become a legal issue, you provided a paper trail back to the original ripper. Occurs to me "no honour amongst thieves" seems to be the go here.

Presumably (and from what I can read) the go is to refer to original download source (authors release page) then do your mod in a non destructive manner that adds to the original without destroying or overwriting any of it. (the Easy saga some pages back illustrates this point). But, if original gets taken down at some future point then all is lost? So maybe complete reupload AND reference to original? BUT what about when you must change the original geometry and cannot be done as an "addon"?
Its just very annoying when someone is working on an update of a release he/she did before, and someone else can't wait and releases another, almost identical version. Its always nice to ask, that way we all don't do the same work for nothing, and more tracks or cars can get our attention.

So....my OCD made me organize all the Group C cars I have... I think I did alrightView attachment 955849

and here's a group photo :)
View attachment 955848

Basically added the same tags to all of the cars, and sorted them into their respective manufacturers (some cars were just listed as "IMSA GTP" etc.). For the Allard I just made a manufacturer logo for it. I also fixed some sounds on some cars and renamed them to their correct names, as well as updated all their previews.

I did a similar thing each in its representative manufactures, separated them both with Group Cs then GTP Group Cs
Group C ones at the top and the GTP Group Cs at the bottom. Includes all variants of every car like the 88-CV with normal and LM, Sauber C9 normal and LM and all 3 specs of the eagle mk3 (I have 2 1993 models so I put them both in) and vice versa. Probs my best Grid to do some racing with

Group C.JPG
GTP.JPG

edit: all these cars are free there are links roaming about on here for all of these cars the extra AMR1 which is LM spec is on the LTK discord

I did a similar thing each in its representative manufactures, separated them both with Group Cs then GTP Group Cs
Group C ones at the top and the GTP Group Cs at the bottom. Includes all variants of every car like the 88-CV with normal and LM, Sauber C9 normal and LM and all 3 specs of the eagle mk3 (I have 2 1993 models so I put them both in) and vice versa. Probs my best Grid to do some racing with

View attachment 955970 View attachment 955971

edit: all these cars are free there are links roaming about on here for all of these cars the extra AMR1 which is LM spec is on the LTK discord
Do you have the link to that LM version of the MkIII?

;) Was wondering about IRL (In Real Life) tracks at the moment, SMTX :)

All my original tracks so far are fictional.

These are the three I don't think we have that I was going to start working on with my previous post mentioning learning how to use Laser data to make my Local tracks:

Brainered International/Donnybrooke raceway: https://www.racingcircuits.info/north-america/usa/brainerd.html#.X1WiyXlKiM8

Blackhawk Farms: https://www.racingcircuits.info/north-america/usa/blackhawk-farms.html#.X1WjG3lKiM8

And a now defunct circuit called Greenwood Roadway: https://greenwoodroadway.com/

All three should have laser survey data available and are perfectly intact. Although Greenwood is now out of operation so may be somewhat degraded.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back