Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,132 comments
Interesting,

Is this also a way to increase the car soundbank audio volume? Especially Kuno cars have low volume. I'm looking for a way to increase specific car Audio.

Do you have a sample of how I can do that?
You can quickly search this thread. Somebody already posted such thing.

Is this the 09'Ferrari California by Patrick Melo Modesto & Velo??

if your ferrari california folder name is the same as in the addon ("ferrari_clfrn09") that's it. drop me a line here or in PM whether it works perfectly for you or not ;).

Last edited:
Wonderful. Many thanks for your efforts - just one question, will you release that pack over here or only in f1classic?

Both here and on the new F1 Classic forum :)

I know you're busy but can you please add the Porsche 911 RSR 1974 with the martini skin and with that huge rear wing? Awesome work by the way, the physics of your cars it's amazing:bowdown::cheers:

Well, some gifted skinner on RD already did the skin for the RSR, so it's included... But it will be the stock RSR, with overhauled physics...
Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_911rsr_74_ks_brands_hatch_27-9-120-22-33-29.jpg

Screenshot_ac_legends_gt_911rsr_74_ks_brands_hatch_27-9-120-22-31-46.jpg

There is actually an awesome mod for this game featuring all f1 seasons from 1950-2020

Yes, I saw that mod a while back but never got around to downloading all the files and trying it out for that older game.. Imagine every correct car and track for each season throughout all those years. There are you tube videos on some of the work that was done for this F1 mod for that older game.

I have allot of the older racing games installed on Windows 10 such as F1 Challenge '99-'02 just to prove that they work on a new system. It is Hard to go back to them now with having the better graphics in newer games. But they all seem to work for me. Some games I need original DVD to work, allot of them have patches to not need orig DVD in the disk drive. Only game I could never get to or try to make it work was the "Indycar 2" game by Papyrus since it was a DOS based game and I didnt want to use DOSBOX. Lucky for me I kept all my old racing game DVD's to do this.

Hello!!! After enjoying Assetto Corsa for a few years, only a few months ago I decided to install the CSP in my Content Manager... and it's the best I could do!!! WOW!!!
NOW, it's time to put something else:

But there are too many options about Climatology, Light and Filters:

SOL 1.5
Solstice_by_GTAce_v5
stFlow_1.0
BLM Car ver.1.7.2
BLM Lights ver.1.16
lights-patch-v0.1.46
TK's ppfilter Mod ver5.1.1
TK's weather Mod ver3.0.9
Wet Mod 2.0

And more that I have downloaded waiting to be chosen...

Any advice?

Please give me the best options...

Yes, I saw that mod a while back but never got around to downloading all the files and trying it out for that older game.. Imagine every correct car and track for each season throughout all those years. There are you tube videos on some of the work that was done for this F1 mod for that older game.

I have allot of the older racing games installed on Windows 10 such as F1 Challenge '99-'02 just to prove that they work on a new system. It is Hard to go back to them now with having the better graphics in newer games. But they all seem to work for me. Some games I need original DVD to work, allot of them have patches to not need orig DVD in the disk drive. Only game I could never get to or try to make it work was the "Indycar 2" game by Papyrus since it was a DOS based game and I didnt want to use DOSBOX. Lucky for me I kept all my old racing game DVD's to do this.

Does TOCA 3 works with W10 ?Read that that game could brick your system or something along those lines. Shame cause this was one of my favourite games back in the day.

You can't imagine how I thank you for your post.

Sudenlly a perfect mod, might not be that perfect.
When I complained about the driving being wrong and worst than the previous version, it was almost a riot from some fanboys. Some! Not all.

I could say a bit more, but I wont. Some changes I am making myself.

The creator tested the car with a Pad controller?! Ok. And some iluminated experts said the driving/handling were perfect/great/astonishing/fantastic/as IRL,etc.... Ok.

Waiting for next chapter.

P.S. As you made public your file, I (and I belive some) tested it. Not enough honestly, What I notest more is the steering input.
Will have to test it with some own changes.

I'm glad you like the changes so I went ahead and did the rest of the pack for you. All cars now use real world data, please rename or replace accordingly.

I also recently began creating a library of mods and mod fixes etc that are broken down by category. Its just for my own personal reference really, however feel free to have a look around.
I update it regularly with cars/tracks/mods/fixes if they are noteworthy. Its currently very small as i have only recently started cataloging but it will continue to grow and is a nice way to find specific content, especially for new members.

I use it mainly as a repository of mods and useful hints and tips that I would otherwise forget.
The most useful of all hints and tips for me has alwas been to remember to enable Content Managers hidden "portable mode" after an update.

Enabling "portable mode" allows Content Manager to store all of your user data / settings / configs / profiles / Grid Presets / Race Presets etc. locally in the same directory as the main executable.

This is incredibly useful as it allows you to hold multiple instances of Content Manager each with their own config. It also makes it easy to copy between machines multiple OS' etc. but more importantly when you reinstall your OS you no longer need to remember to backup all of your Content Manager Data.

It's a huge QOL enhancement and is achieved by simply renaming the application to "Content Manager Local.exe"

I'll add a section tonight for Handling Fixes.
I'll send you the link.

Attachments

• New.PNG
    New.PNG
    925 bytes · Views: 13
  • Old.PNG
    Old.PNG
    934 bytes · Views: 14
  • FileMissing_GT500_RealData.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
@ Shokeus
i think Steve & Beto had the same Prob
NO Boost Display :indiff:
and the update of 'Apexxer' has no boost display either :(

Last edited:
I'm glad you like the changes so I went ahead and did the rest of the pack for you.

I also recently began creating a library of mods broken down by category. Its just for my reference really, however feel free to have a look around. I update it with cars/tracks/mods/fixes if they are noteworthy. Its very small as i have only recently started cataloging but it will continue to grow and is a nice way to find specific content.

I use it mainly as a repository of mods i like and useful hints and tips that I would otherwise forget.
The most useful of all -for me at least- is to remember to enable Content Managers hidden "portable mode" after an update.

Enabling "portable mode" allows Content Manager to store all of your user data / settings / configs / profiles / Grid Presets / Race Presets etc. locally in the same directory as the main executable.

This is incredibly useful as it allows you to hold multiple instances of Content Manager each with their own config. It also makes it easy to copy between machines multiple OS' etc. but more importantly when you reinstall your OS you no longer need to remember to backup all of your Content Manager data.

It's a huge QOL enhancement and is achieved by simply renaming the application to "Content Manager Local.exe"

I'll send you the link.

How do enable this portable mode

Guys, working on one test track that exost iin real. In Japan.

Can someone tell me how to make dynamic 3d grass??? i always see it on your screenshots. (that one works with dinamic shaders patch)

again a very tiny (but "magical") ... 70kB-s packet for "bmw_m5_e60_p2" mod by Melo,
... that gives you working wipers & rainy windows, and no matter the version of csp with rain you use.
[just another proof-of-concept that so little in size can make so big difference :D]

And CM could distribute such patches as cars' configs updates to make your whole garage of cars make rainfx ready with just one click.:)

preview295.jpg

acs-2020-10-23-22-30-22-707.jpg

acs-2020-10-23-22-30-27-157.jpg

HOW TO USE (the simplest way) :
1. Download the attachment and delete the ".txt" part from the name.
2. Extract the resulting zip file INTO your "assetto/content/cars/" folder.

I made the patch (ported from my personal work on this car's kn5) to work for you simply as an addon packet to the base mod, so no original files are overwritten.

Attachments

• bmw_m5_e60_p2.zip.txt
    70.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Attachments

• GrandCircuit67_RainFX.txt
    649 bytes · Views: 73
  • Thomson_RainFX.txt
    356 bytes · Views: 73
  • Longford67_RainFX.txt
    897 bytes · Views: 74
Last edited:
Does TOCA 3 works with W10 ?Read that that game could brick your system or something along those lines. Shame cause this was one of my favourite games back in the day.

Thanks for asking, but No, I dont have TOCA 3 to try on my Win 10 or Win 7 systems. I had a version of the TOCA racing game a long time ago and was allot of fun going door to door racing, but I did not keep the DVD.

How do enable this portable mode

You need to rename your current "Content Manager.exe" application to "Content Manager Local.exe"

Content Manager will then create and store all subsequent "user data" locally in the same directory as the executable in a newly created folder called "data"

If you are starting with a fresh Content Manager install this is perfect as all future data will be stored locally with the executable.

If you already have an existing Content Manager installation remember to backup and copy your current Content Manager "data" folder from your "app data" directory on your C: drive as this will need to placed in the same directory as the newly renamed executable, where all further amendments will now be stored.

Last edited:

Good info. So if I get this correct, only the front wheel drive cars need 13% adjustment, and the rear wheel ones should have 1:1 ratio between torque and power.lut? Would actually explain some things in the edits I do the cars.

Not quite, I used two extremes to illustrate my point. Go with 13% for most cars or make a edumacated* guess based on how much work the power has to do before it gets to the wheels.
@RMi_wood gave some ranges typical of certain cars.

*not a real word.

Last edited:
Guys, working on one test track that exost iin real. In Japan.

Can someone tell me how to make dynamic 3d grass??? i always see it on your screenshots. (that one works with dinamic shaders patch)

Grass FX Config editing

Not sure how much you know already so i'll go over basics in case

I hope this will be of some help as coming from someone who is also still picking things up at moment this is what I learnt to get started and have some fun with it.

Make sure you are running with shader patch and activated Grass FX in shader settings in CM

Open up the extension file for the specific track you want to work on ether found in
assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded or the tracks main installation folder

Start up Assetto in windowed mode

here is a handy guide for setting up/using the free roam camera in game if you haven't already

what to do then is open the object inspector app which is found on the right hand side tab with your other in game apps
20201028010649_1.jpg

Then by moving the camera around and using Alt + Click you can select any object around the track to view information about the object, things like the name and position in the 3D space where you clicked.
20201028010700_1.jpg

In regards to grass FX here is the guide to the edits
https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-Grass-FX

As an example what I got from the "wild grass" example from the Github page, used in these screenshots.

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS=grass1, grass2, grass3
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS=cordoneif
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA=
HEIGHT_MULT=0.5
SHAPE_SIZE = 3.5, 8
SHAPE_TIDY = 0
EDGE_MULT=1
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.3
TYPE_OFFSET=10

"Grass Materials" section as explained on the page, this is how you tell the effect where it will be applied

These materials is taken from object viewer, in the screenshot you can see it says "Grass 1" when I had clicked on the grass area, look how I pasted it next to "Grass_Materials" Also by clicking on anything in object viewer it copies automatically to your clipboard so you do not need to type it manually! I then did the same thing for other areas of the track and separated by comas to keep it tidy.

Hope this is any help, play about with the size and density by following the Github to get things started then go from there. :)

Last edited:
Grass FX Config editing

Not sure how much you know already so i'll go over basics in case

I hope this will be of some help as coming from someone who is also still picking things up at moment this is what I learnt to get started and have some fun with it.

Make sure you are running with shader patch and activated Grass FX in shader settings in CM

Open up the extension file for the specific track you want to work on ether found in
assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded or the tracks main installation folder

Start up Assetto in windowed mode

here is a handy guide for setting up/using the free roam camera in game if you haven't already

what to do then is open the object inspector app which is found on the right hand side tab with your other in game apps
View attachment 967786

Then by moving the camera around and using Alt + Click you can select any object around the track to view information about the object, things like the name and position in the 3D space where you clicked.
View attachment 967787

In regards to grass FX here is the guide to the edits
https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-Grass-FX

As an example what I got from the "wild grass" example from the Github page, used in these screenshots.

[GRASS_FX]
GRASS_MATERIALS=grass1, grass2, grass3
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS=cordoneif
OCCLUDING_MATERIALS_ALPHA=
HEIGHT_MULT=0.5
SHAPE_SIZE = 3.5, 8
SHAPE_TIDY = 0
EDGE_MULT=1
MASK_MAIN_THRESHOLD = 0.3
TYPE_OFFSET=10

"Grass Materials" section as explained on the page, this is how you tell the effect where it will be applied

These materials is taken from object viewer, in the screenshot you can see it says "Grass 1" when I had clicked on the grass area, look how I pasted it next to "Grass_Materials" Also by clicking on anything in object viewer it copies automatically to your clipboard so you do not need to type it manually! I then did the same thing for other areas of the track and separated by comas to keep it tidy.

Hope this is any help, play about with the size and density by following the Github to get things started then go from there. :)

Hi, mate!
Thank you for superb explanation! Will definetely use this manual.
So basically its setting for each shader (almost same you do with car lights) and put this file into correct folder. Nice!
Thanks a lot. So hope finish track soon)

Hi, mate!
Thank you for superb explanation! Will definetely use this manual.
So basically its setting for each shader (almost same you do with car lights) and put this file into correct folder. Nice!
Thanks a lot. So hope finish track soon)
Glad to be of help!

Was good timing as I've been trying out some Grass FX stuff last few days so was fresh on the brain for how to get started out with. If your wondering and have the Patreon preview build, Rain FX is pretty much the same and probably a bit easier with a lot less variables to play around with. Check out the section on the Github also.

I haven't tried car lights yet myself but sounds similar, just mind most tracks will have a config file already under those file paths I mentioned, if not make one up and just put in a folder named "extension" in the track folder itself and you should be good.

Look forward to the track, good luck! :)

I'm glad you like the changes so I went ahead and did the rest of the pack for you.

I also recently began creating a library of mods broken down by category. Its just for my reference really, however feel free to have a look around. I update it with cars/tracks/mods/fixes if they are noteworthy. Its very small as i have only recently started cataloging but it will continue to grow and is a nice way to find specific content.

I use it mainly as a repository of mods i like and useful hints and tips that I would otherwise forget.
The most useful of all -for me at least- is to remember to enable Content Managers hidden "portable mode" after an update.

This is incredibly useful as it allows you to hold multiple instances of Content Manager each with their own config. It also makes it easy to copy between machines multiple OS' etc. but more importantly when you reinstall your OS you no longer need to remember to backup all of your Content Manager data.

I'll send you the link.

Fantastic.

Brilliant work. Very usefull.
This can avoid to bin many mods.

Thank you.

Last edited:
WiP - Zurich ePrix (rF2)
View attachment 967640 View attachment 967641

This was super quick, easy. I will do starts/pits/AI and other errata, is anyone interested in doing textures/shaders?

note: 1pit. no starts. Original textures included, I have made all the standard conversion entities.
For me this track is dead, no life... some rescue this.

download 1pit freeroam wip
Zurich ePrix v0.5(quick update)
Changelog:
-fix road, window shader
-add real billboards skin
-fix grassfx
-add rainfx
-fix outline
Screenshot_mnba_bmw_328i_cabriolet_rmi_zuricheprix_28-9-120-11-52-6.jpg

Todo list:
Add AI and PIT and cameras+Many fixes
I'm not good at it, so I want people who are good at it to do it. Original textures are not included, so get them from the quote post.
download (mega)

shi
Zurich ePrix v0.5(quick update)
Changelog:
-fix road, window shader
-add real billboards skin
-fix grassfx
-add rainfx
-fix outline
View attachment 967798
Todo list:
Add AI and PIT and cameras+Many fixes
I'm not good at it, so I want people who are good at it to do it. Original textures are not included, so get them from the quote post.
download (mega)
:)
I will do the AI today, bump the version and repost

Hi RMI, is it possible to find this car somewhere? A good 924 GTR LM would be awesome.
I think @Shokeus is working on it now, I did the very historic and proper aero and drivetrain/engine physics for Stock/LM version and GTO/GTU version (GTU has race suspension) and matched all skins to the real chassis #s and class.

Its up to others to finish it off and not mine to release.

Last edited:
again a very tiny (but "magical" ;) ) ... 70kB-s packet for "bmw_m5_e60_p2" mod by Melo,
... that gives you working wipers & rainy :D windows, and no matter the version of csp with rain you use :)
[just another proof-of-concept that so little in size can make so big difference :D]

And CM could distribute such patches as cars' configs updates to make your whole library(garage:D) of cars make rainfx ready with just one click ;).

preview295.jpg

acs-2020-10-23-22-30-22-707.jpg

acs-2020-10-23-22-30-27-157.jpg

We should not expect that all mortals knows what we know. :crazy:

Where do I put the file please? :)

Thanks mate.:cheers:

Hi! @Masscot and everyone.

Gemballa mod must have something strange inside 3d models (This is why also original wipers animation was only for 2/4 of windshield)

Look my animation is near perfect while when I start AC look what happens:

gemballa2.png

gemballa1.png

My animation is 1mm over windshield while starting AC its far from it and when it reach over left side, left wiper does also a fast jump. It seems like there is a ghost object and it goes there and collide.

Anyway here it is latest version. Credits goes to Pedro_B and Masscot

https://mega.nz/file/AVsWgR7Q#cVeUMjlEHVpgmfIstDNiZbi6wOK7oDKLbM8mDDMxjtM

P.S.
Maybe @hellothankyou can help troubleshooting.

Last edited:
I fixed something, like the lighting of the track, but I'm not capable of anything else, are any of you able to fix this track? this is the layout of imola until 2006
it would need new kerbs and some settings because the instrumentation of the cars is not visible

https://sharemods.com/2ojnad4ig3ys/imola2001.7z.html
It may not be what you are looking for, but I've worked on it so I'll share it. I think it looks a little better.
Work content:
The texture (billboards) has been made high quality. Added grassfx in extension.
Screenshot_vrc_1997_ferrari_f310b_imola2001_28-9-120-15-9-40.jpg

Attachments

• imola2001_skin_extension.zip
    385 KB · Views: 30
:)
I will do the AI today, bump the version and repost

I think @Shokeus is working on it now, I did the very historic and proper aero and drivetrain/engine physics for Stock/LM version and GTO/GTU version (GTU has race suspension) and matched all skins to the real chassis #s and class.

Its up to others to finish it off and not mine to release.

hi , that she car should I release ? the Porsche 924 GTP ? , thanks

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back