Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,133 comments
hi , that she car should I release ? the Porsche 924 GTP ? , thanks
I have one model of you v0.02 for GTP, I dont test it yet.

I gave to Tony 3 versions 0.01 for physics, there was a problem with the 3D wheel size not match the physics. All skins are # matched to the real car/spec

- porsche_924_gtp (GTR/GTP) - 388 bhp
- porsche_924_gtp_lm - 334 bhp ( LM factory entrants)
these cars have real physics for engine/gears/aero and are within +/- 1% of real performance figures tested at LM

- porsche_924_gtu - 539 bhp (Group5/GTX) w/new suspension
The GTU may have a 1st gear downshift rear/lock issue. Possible suspension drop height and ride height not correct due to 3d tires model.

Please the 3d wheel sizes must match the tire physical dimensions

@Shokeus do you feel the 3 cars are ready for public? Maybe need to verify physics for GTU yet?

Last edited:
I have one model of you v0.02 for GTP, I dont test it yet.

I gave to Tony 3 versions 0.01 for physics, there was a problem with the 3D wheel size not match the physics. All skins are # matched to the real car/spec

- porsche_924_gtp (GTR/GTP) - 388 bhp
- porsche_924_gtp_lm - 334 bhp ( LM factory entrants)
these cars have real physics for engine/gears/aero and are within +/- 1% of real performance figures tested at LM

- porsche_924_gtu - 539 bhp (Group5/GTX) w/new suspension
The GTU may have a 1st gear downshift rear/lock issue. Possible suspension drop height and ride height not correct due to 3d tires model.

Please the 3d wheel sizes must match the tire physical dimensions

@Shokeus do you feel the 3 cars are ready for public? Maybe need to verify physics for GTU yet?

ah ok , I had just done the physics of the 924 GTP for Antony Cirillo on given constructor at his request , I did not have any feedback , so it is not up to me to release it because it was far from being finished in 3d .. , thanks

about Reservoir GP, there's a section near the end of the lap when you dip down and pass under two bridges. At the first bridge, driving within the limits of the track, RSR reports that your lap has been disqualified. The "in-game" lap time is still valid, but the lap time isn't uploaded to RSR live timing.
addressed that by renaming this thing to KERB, also now with all ai lines, plus more fixes: Reservoir v1.3

....... Only game I could never get to or try to make it work was the "Indycar 2" game by Papyrus since it was a DOS based game and I didnt want to use DOSBOX. ......

If you don't want to use Dosbox, you can use some Virtual Machine for example Oracle VM VirtualBox, or VMware Player.
I have a virtual machine (maybe 100mb) with Dos, and even with Win3.1 :D. I can play with the NetworkQ Rac Rally Championship (1996).

There is a webarchive, where you can play with old dos games in webbrowser. It using an embedded Dosbox.
https://archive.org/details/msdos_IndyCar_Racing_II_1996
BUT for Indy2 it is too laggy. There are some other good old game like Paperboy, Prehistorik, LionKing which is well playable.

I don't know if you like it...
I found a new design license plate on the Japanese website.
It was called "local version license plate with design". I made that skin for some Japanese cars. I will share it, so please use it if you like it. You need to put it in the skin folder and rename it to apply it to the car. (The folder called 50cc is a license plate for motorcycles. I made it because the design was good.) You can get many images I used from the following website.
https://www.jalan.net/news/article/464141/
https://www.bikebros.co.jp/vb/fifty/designnumber/
__custom.jpg

Download (mega) : Japan design licence plate 11+1 types included

Interesting,

Is this also a way to increase the car soundbank audio volume? Especially Kuno cars have low volume. I'm looking for a way to increase specific car Audio.

Do you have a sample of how I can do that?

I'd also like to know that. Some car mods are straight pipe loud, I'd love to know how to decrease their volume.

again a very tiny (but "magical" ;) ) ... 70kB-s packet for "bmw_m5_e60_p2" mod by Melo,
... that gives you working wipers & rainy :D windows, and no matter the version of csp with rain you use :)
[just another proof-of-concept that so little in size can make so big difference :D]

And CM could distribute such patches as cars' configs updates to make your whole library(garage:D) of cars make rainfx ready with just one click ;).

preview295.jpg

acs-2020-10-23-22-30-22-707.jpg

acs-2020-10-23-22-30-27-157.jpg

Thanks for this. The wiper animation looks really nice and the glass now takes the rain properly, but the blades aren't wiping the drops away for some reason.
This is with CSP 0.1.67-preview1.
RainFX is still a alittle hit-and-miss at the moment, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so it might just be a glitch in the matrix.
I'll try it again later and it'll probably work fine.
[EDIT: tried it again and yes - it works fine this time. Very weird..!]
:)
(shame this car lets big drops of rain into the cockpit occasionally)

Last edited:
Excuse me but why are you saying that Kunos Elise Cup has bad handling ? Knowing that there is not any Elise Cup by Kunos but an Exige V6 Cup which has almost nothing to do with the racing Elise Cup you showed...
you re right, I mean that Exige by Kunos is not the best. However I m looking for an Elise cup version. Don t worry and smile :-)

Hello @JakubP

Thank you for all those mods you have been posting, I really do enjoy them all (especially the Hondas). Will you work on a stock EP3 as well, so to complete the pack? :cheers: Also, I saw that you also had posted a tuned FD2 mod before, but I couldn't find it from searching, is it removed?

Hi! @Masscot and everyone.

Gemballa mod must have something strange inside 3d models (This is why also original wipers animation was only for 2/4 of windshield)

Look my animation is near perfect while when I start AC look what happens:

View attachment 967803

View attachment 967802

My animation is 1mm over windshield while starting AC its far from it and when it reach over left side, left wiper does also a fast jump. It seems like there is a ghost object and it goes there and collide.

Anyway here it is latest version. Credits goes to Pedro_B and Masscot

https://mega.nz/file/AVsWgR7Q#cVeUMjlEHVpgmfIstDNiZbi6wOK7oDKLbM8mDDMxjtM

P.S.
Maybe @hellothankyou can help troubleshooting.
Mmmm, that's a weird one.
Are the pivot points in the right place? The wiper blades oversail the windscreen by quite a margin.
Or maybe the blades are getting scaled up somehow?
The windscreen glass probably needs replacing anyway as there's a faint sunstrip at the top (not visible from inside the cockpit) that doesn't take the rain at all.

Screenshot_pb_f355_gemballa_reservoirgp_28-10-120-11-8-9.jpg

Guys, here are some of the links the some of the Proto C cars I was missing for my grid last night. Hopefully these will help someone like you guys helped me. I just copied and pasted from my downloads history. I had no idea I could do that. If any of these links should not be posted, please let me know so I can remove them.

View attachment 932101

legion_sauber_mercedes_c9.zip
legion_mercedes_c11.zip
https://perendinator.blogspot.com/search/label/Group C

Nissan_R91CP_1991_v2.3.7z

lancia_lc2_85_new_update.7z
https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/lancia.html

Minolta Toyota 88C-V by Esprit3905 for AC v1.16.3.7z
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/toyota

peugeot_905evo.rar
http://assetto-db.com/car/peugeot_905evo/download

jaguar_xjr9_lm.7z
https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/jaguar.html

Jaguar XJR9 LM by Assettogarage for AC v1.14.4.rar
https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/jaguar

Aston Martin AMR1 1989 Le Mans Group C
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1306#post-13142794

Nissan NP35 (Group C) Value Pak
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gmc-p3500-van-nissan-np35-group-c-value-pak.26341/

@Gregz0r

Last edited:
Are the pivot points in the right place? The wiper blades oversail the windscreen by quite a margin.
The windscreen glass probably needs replacing anyway as there's a faint sunstrip at the top (not visible from inside the cockpit) that doesn't take the rain at all.

View attachment 967849

Yes my friend everything is ok. I've also tried to insert my spoon wipers and they do same thing. I thing there's something wrong/corrupted with the mod but this is only my noobish opinion. I need to verify removing for a test ext_config.ini file. (Also back brake light are not ok for me and front lights are strange!)

Maybe @hellothankyou can check.

Last edited:
I personally only use CSP, Sol 2.0, up to date ppfilters (javire's photorealistic, sol extra) and nothing more. Get stflow for some tracks that need it.

With sol you don't need wet mod and probably even the other weather mod you listed I'm not familiar with. Lights patch on your list is also a very old csp version.

Open cm, go to csp settings and download csp 0.1.64 or 0.1.66, then get sol 2.0 and set it up following the installation guide. Then look for a pp filter that you like (check if it's compatible with sol 2.0). This is my suggestion
Thank you for your advice!!! i have CSP 1.6, because its the recommended by Content Manager...
Well, with Sol i would have rains fx, but how i can control the new lights and wipers in the cars?

Thanks for this. The wiper animation looks really nice and the glass now takes the rain properly, but the blades aren't wiping the drops away for some reason.
RainFX is still a alittle hit-and-miss at the moment, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so it might just be a glitch in the matrix.

My old MG TF did that too.

Last edited:
Rain FX is a csp feature, not a sol one, but only for csp patreon previews so you need to join the patreon in order to get it. It will be public and free one day, no one knows when.
To control the wipers (if the car has animated wipers) the keys are usually number 0,1,2 on the numpad. If they don't work try to check in your settings the binding of keys
Patreon? what? i was thinking rain its with SOL.

I finally tracked down a good manual shifting animation for Remco and abbo90's excellent E34 M5 pack. Been meaning to do this for ages.
These cars are fantastic fun on wide, fast circuits and I find them very difficult to fault. I'm not sure how accurate the overall setup is but the body roll and progressive sensation of grip is fantastic. The driver also fits the car like a glove with pretty much perfect posture - quite rare for mod cars, but very important in VR. The cherry on the cake is I can run huge packs of them with great performance.
Anyway, here's the animation, just edit the .txt from the end and drop it in the 'animations' folder - the default timing in data/driver3d.ini is fine.
If somebody would like to add rain-prepped glass and working wipers (with correct orientation for left-hand drive) then I'd be forever in your debt.

Attachments

• shift.ksanim.txt
    345.2 KB · Views: 42
Track: Proving Grounds from Need for Speed II

From Facebook group, Assetto Corsa Mod Central

Mariano Di Ianni
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RELEASED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proving Grounds from Need for Speed II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pits: 8
Cameras: 13
AI: available
CSP latest version is required.
Credits: tipitjafar and Pioneer Productions
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!`
Any issues found please report directly to me (mail in readme)
Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy...

https://mega.nz/file/VuB2nZaJ#X4nOsTwzdqU2ISRzVkXAxc-EJNnEyCLKwpHXbN1ufgo

Watch out as you go through the tunnel. The road mesh is a mess. It launched my MX5 into the wall.

Colors, materials and shaders could be improved.

Last edited by a moderator:

"(shame this car lets big drops of rain into the cockpit occasionally)"

Yup, the occasional drops flying towards driver face must be scarying in VR, LOL.
But that needs some further investigation on the car is it the original window mesh issue or other body panel not fit correctly.

[MY TIP FOR YOU NOW: go sideways in the bmw :D as much as you can, to avoid the drops :D. This car is meant to be driven (and it's awesome to be drifted) like that :D , especially in the rain.]

Also shaders, lights maybe, paddle shifters mapping etc can be improved.
I just made working wipers and rainy windows effect possible for that car, to encourage some kindly modders here to maybe improve that mod in other aspects if they have some spare time. :)
After the whole car is ready, the wiper addon can be integrated directly into the final 3D model, with just a few clicks.

I made and posted similar patch for ferrari california'09 (btw i didnt know that it is also mod by Melo - cheers!:D) to help improve that interesting, in my opinion, mod. So far, waiting for @Opperslang to share his shaders and AO files so we wouldn't double the work on same things.

Last edited:
I finally tracked down a good manual shifting animation for Remco and abbo90's excellent E34 M5 pack. Been meaning to do this for ages.
These cars are fantastic fun on wide, fast circuits and I find them very difficult to fault. I'm not sure how accurate the overall setup is but the body roll and progressive sensation of grip is fantastic. The driver also fits the car like a glove with pretty much perfect posture - quite rare for mod cars, but very important in VR. The cherry on the cake is I can run huge packs of them with great performance.
Anyway, here's the animation, just edit the .txt from the end and drop it in the 'animations' folder - the default timing in data/driver3d.ini is fine.
If somebody would like to add rain-prepped glass and working wipers (with correct orientation for left-hand drive) then I'd be forever in your debt.
@Masscot
Well, i'm possibly interested (if they are as good to drive as you said :)) and see how much of a trouble it will be with the wipers here.
(In what condition are original wipers, how much mesh work to detach and form the parts of the wiper is needed before you even start making nodes for animation, and so on :).
After all that, (and other unpredictable circumstances :D), glass fix is just for relax :D)
I just have silent hope that the M5 E34 pack you mentioned is not a few hundred MB pack to download. Oh yeah, i'm on limited mobile data plan :D

Last edited:
@Paolo Ribeiro
You're welcome :)

Added a short description to the original post , where to install the addon :)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-discussion.307899/page-1852#post-13268224[/]

Thank you very much. 👍

Porsche 964 Carrera Cup V0.3 (real data , ideal against the F355 Challenge) there is just the problem of the body/template that I can’t fix (some elements are superimposed and 2 different)

Link : https://mega.nz/file/tAZW0JyT#XNl5mI9dQr8qY_GliY-c5XTwkXkd2XlyrGE5EZbmlvA

1603890334-showroom-porsche-964-carrera-cup-28-9-2020-13-57-40.jpg

Enjoy !

If this is the V0.3, I can't imagine the 1.0.

This car is sublime, the way it allows to drive in cornering entry and exit with the throttle is fabulous.
One of the few Porsche that are so drivable on that subtil line of the limits. Unbeliavable.

I have 300 Porsches in my garage. This one is in the top 5 (and it is not the final version...) :)

I bet this car will be a piece of art. The sound is so deeply imerssive (I sugest to drive it with a good headphones).

So, rain fx....

Screenshot_acrm_honda_civic_eg6_spoon_mallory_park_26-9-120-18-56-12.jpg

Preview 1 167.
Hands down, the best rain I have seen in a PC sim.
Beats PCars franchise (PCars 1 is better than PCars 2 rain in my little test)
Beats AMS2, DiRT.
Caveat being that VISUALLY, at least.....

I find it works best if you use any of the rain weathers and use auto track conditions and in most cases it does actually make the track a bit more slippy.
It looks great on summers day with a rain shower, but sadly makes the drops of water on cars look white... so overcast works best if not running rain weather.

It is also so easy to add rain fx to tracks it is ridiculous !

Other big take out is performance, well it is quite heavy but in tests because the cockpit view is a wash with rain effects you can (well i can) afford to drop right back on the candy as it distorts the look of the surrounding anyway and in some cases you can see very little anyway.

So i have standard config for dry graphics, and another for wet rain fx which is less hungry.
So i am running 15-19 AI in full wet conditions with no issues...

Down sides?

Wish he was still working on it, spray behind cars is very poor so turned that off, not every car has wipers, don't like the white lumps of water that trial the cars rear wheels (can i turn that off?).
So far find replays look a bit horrible, certainly not as nice as in car....

preview 1 167 doesn't let me change the F6 cams, well it does but can't save them.... bit annoying.

But yeah... it's incredible stuff for £1 a month....

Remarkable achievement for sure. Just really hope its not totally dropped in support as it is such an amazing looking mod.

I absolutely love it.

Oh and i was a bit sceptical of using it as I worried about it messing stuff up, but no fear, dead easy to add and remove it. But i won't be removing it.

Last edited:

View attachment 967849

Is gemballa f355 mod any good overall to justify the burden of re-doing wipers for it?:D
Eg. i have a dozen:D of favourite cars like Maserati GranTurismo :) waiting in a queue for new wipers. The GranTurismo also needs new external sounds (i dont want to use csp function to play same internal and external sounds). Anyone remembers Maserati GranTurismo and has a nice faithfully recreated sound mod? :D

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back