Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,770 comments
Enabling "portable mode" allows Content Manager to store all of your user data / settings / configs / profiles / Grid Presets / Race Presets etc. locally in the same directory as the main executable.

This is incredibly useful as it allows you to hold multiple instances of Content Manager each with their own config. It also makes it easy to copy between machines multiple OS' etc. but more importantly when you reinstall your OS you no longer need to remember to backup all of your Content Manager data.

Very nice tip, thank you!

So, rain fx....

View attachment 967861

Preview 1 167.
Hands down, the best rain I have seen in a PC sim.
Beats PCars franchise (PCars 1 is better than PCars 2 rain in my little test)
Beats AMS2, DiRT.
Caveat being that VISUALLY, at least.....

I find it works best if you use any of the rain weathers and use auto track conditions and in most cases it does actually make the track a bit more slippy.
It looks great on summers day with a rain shower, but sadly makes the drops of water on cars look white... so overcast works best if not running rain weather.

It is also so easy to add rain fx to tracks it is ridiculous !

Other big take out is performance, well it is quite heavy but in tests because the cockpit view is a wash with rain effects you can (well i can) afford to drop right back on the candy as it distorts the look of the surrounding anyway and in some cases you can see very little anyway.

So i have standard config for dry graphics, and another for wet rain fx which is less hungry.
So i am running 15-19 AI in full wet conditions with no issues...

Down sides?

Wish he was still working on it, spray behind cars is very poor so turned that off, not every car has wipers, don't like the white lumps of water that trial the cars rear wheels (can i turn that off?).
So far find replays look a bit horrible, certainly not as nice as in car....

preview 1 167 doesn't let me change the F6 cams, well it does but can't save them.... bit annoying.

But yeah... it's incredible stuff for £1 a month....

Remarkable achievement for sure. Just really hope its not totally dropped in support as it is such an amazing looking mod.

I absolutely love it.

Oh and i was a bit sceptical of using it as I worried about it messing stuff up, but no fear, dead easy to add and remove it. But i won't be removing it.

"Wish he was still working on it,"

- so, it's not only me thinking so

(He (said) is working on something better for us, LOL - a CM Workshop)

PS. 0.1.65 gives me even better visuals of rain and rainy sky (more realistic to me) than 0.1.67.
And 0.1.63 IIRC, had even more drop features (interacting with puddles) that were withdrawn later (ymm why? ;))
Even rainbow effect i can't see in 0.1.67 (using the same settings as in 1.65)

...So, did we step back in development somehow since few csp revisions? Why?

Last edited:
Is gemballa f355 mod any good overall to justify the burden of re-doing wipers for it?:D
Eg. i have a dozen:D of favourite cars like Maserati GranTurismo :) waiting in a queue for new wipers. The GranTurismo also needs new external sounds (i dont want to use csp function to play same internal and external sounds). Anyone remembers Maserati GranTurismo and has a nice faithfully recreated sound mod? :D
If you can open 3ds max animation I can give my anim. Or try yourself merge a couple of wipers of yours and see what happens to model.

Last edited:
Hello all,
I have just done a top speed run with this Chiron Super Sport 300+ (with a good sound mod which I think is the best representation for the W16 at the moment)
Is it accurate to the real car?

re: Permissions

I want to say that we should all try to get permission for conversions, if needed.
Permission was granted for Buxton by the authors, and now I have permission on Zurich ePrix for formal release and will likely receive permission for his other tracks should I choose to convert them.

Permissions were a pretty big deal back in the GTR2/GTL/rFactor days...
seems we as a group (AC modders, not GTP) have stepped away from this kind gesture...

lets bring it back as much as possible :)

cheers,
M. Wood

If you want answers to questions, you have to actually READ the forum. This very subject has been covered (and answered) multiple times recently, including just in the last two or three days.

Well if it's so easy as you say, I guess you wouldn't mind linking it too.

-3 days

Screenshot_fiat_panda_ie_ks_highlands_28-9-120-16-3-48.jpg
Screenshot_fiat_panda_ie_ks_highlands_28-9-120-16-5-15.jpg
Screenshot_fiat_panda_ie_ks_highlands_28-9-120-16-9-30.jpg
Screenshot_fiat_panda_ie_magione_28-9-120-15-52-50.jpg
Screenshot_fiat_panda_ie_magione_28-9-120-15-55-34.jpg
Screenshot_fiat_panda_ie_imola_26-9-120-16-21-58.jpg

Last edited:
I finally tracked down a good manual shifting animation for Remco and abbo90's excellent E34 M5 pack. Been meaning to do this for ages.
These cars are fantastic fun on wide, fast circuits and I find them very difficult to fault. I'm not sure how accurate the overall setup is but the body roll and progressive sensation of grip is fantastic. The driver also fits the car like a glove with pretty much perfect posture - quite rare for mod cars, but very important in VR. The cherry on the cake is I can run huge packs of them with great performance.
Anyway, here's the animation, just edit the .txt from the end and drop it in the 'animations' folder - the default timing in data/driver3d.ini is fine.
If somebody would like to add rain-prepped glass and working wipers (with correct orientation for left-hand drive) then I'd be forever in your debt.

My god those cars are fantastic! I didn't have them but just grabbed them and put in the shift animation which works really well. The whole feel of the car, its handling and weight transfer are as you say very satisfying indeed! Brilliant in VR. It would be marvellous to have them RainFx ready. The wipers look ok in CM showroom and are the right way round for LHD if I'm not mistaken, but since it's all way beyond my competence I can't tell if the objects are amenable to accurate animation.

Track: Proving Grounds from Need for Speed II

From Facebook group, Assetto Corsa Mod Central

Mariano Di Ianni
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RELEASED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proving Grounds from Need for Speed II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pits: 8
Cameras: 13
AI: available
CSP latest version is required.
Credits: tipitjafar and Pioneer Productions
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!`
Any issues found please report directly to me (mail in readme)
Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy...

https://mega.nz/file/VuB2nZaJ#X4nOsTwzdqU2ISRzVkXAxc-EJNnEyCLKwpHXbN1ufgo

Watch out as you go through the tunnel. The road mesh is a mess. It launched my MX5 into the wall.

Colors, materials and shaders could be improved.

Wasn't expecting this! NFS II was one of my first non-educational games on the computer! Time to relive my childhood!

Hello all,
I have just done a top speed run with this Chiron Super Sport 300+ (with a good sound mod which I think is the best representation for the W16 at the moment)
Is it accurate to the real car?

Hi,

Unfortunately, I have not pick my Chiron for a ride latelly. Therefore I cannot confirm that today. ;)

Cheers

Assetto Corsa - Tobeka - Full Details (GTR2 to AC)

Can I ask you the meaning of this videos you have been posting lately?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Good evening everyone! Recently I have gotten myself in 3DSimED3 for the first time and I glad I did! The first thing I taught my is creating new or improving LODs for modded cars. Combining with the LOD Generator then using 3DSimED3 to remove any unnecessary models from LOD B, C, and D afterwards, I'm able to get the object and triangle numbers closer to Kuno's content.

ScreenshotA.jpg
ScreenshotB.jpg
ScreenshotC.jpg

Now for the problem! Some modded cars like the Radical RXC GT3 is unable to load in 3DSimED3. As soon as I imported and it start loading 3DSimED3 will abruptly close down. This also happen with Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Gr.A DTM. Do anyone knows why or having similar problems? Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much. 👍

If this is the V0.3, I can't imagine the 1.0.

This car is sublime, the way it allows to drive in cornering entry and exit with the throttle is fabulous.
One of the few Porsche that are so drivable on that subtil line of the limits. Unbeliavable.

I have 300 Porsches in my garage. This one is in the top 5 (and it is not the final version...) :)

I bet this car will be a piece of art. The sound is so deeply imerssive (I sugest to drive it with a good headphones).

Thanks at you !

too bad most people will never know the amount of effort needed to "just" convert a GTS model, there isnt some magical CONVERT ALL button as some people might think. for the few special people out here who hate encrypted mods so much, remember that a GTS convert starts out like this View attachment 967361
theres 4 different LODs in here, not to mention all the other trickery PD uses for their modern engine that isnt compatible with the old AC1 engine, we need to reverse all this stuff by hand and make it work with AC, you should be glad we sit down and invest our time, effort and skill into making a car that looks good, drives good, and most of all share it with you people
Personally, when I see that a mod is encrypted, I delete it immediately. I don't even bother to drive it. I just think it's against the nature of AC. Also, consider the laws of supply and demand: Why would you use an encrypted mod when there are literally thousands of free mods of excellent quality? So many that time is not enough to use them all. That is, if you want your mod to be used, encrypting it is the best way to prevent this from happening. That strategy I would understand, if there were a shortage of mods in AC, which is clearly not the case.

Track: Proving Grounds from Need for Speed II

From Facebook group, Assetto Corsa Mod Central

Mariano Di Ianni
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RELEASED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proving Grounds from Need for Speed II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pits: 8
Cameras: 13
AI: available
CSP latest version is required.
Credits: tipitjafar and Pioneer Productions
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!`
Any issues found please report directly to me (mail in readme)
Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy...

https://mega.nz/file/VuB2nZaJ#X4nOsTwzdqU2ISRzVkXAxc-EJNnEyCLKwpHXbN1ufgo

Watch out as you go through the tunnel. The road mesh is a mess. It launched my MX5 into the wall.

Colors, materials and shaders could be improved.

So I tried it and it is pretty good! The only thing I'd fix is the back stretch in the tunnel. It's WAAAAAYYYYY too bumpy ^^;

So, rain fx....

grab the beta CM from the patreon as well, adds the "advanced physics" radio dial that fixes the cars for rain.
Still a bit iffy, but better than than just reduced traction generally, hitting puddles planes you etc.

EDIT: wtf.. I wanted to post image for you of where it is, but its gone now in mine?! used to be just under "car specific controls" in DRIVE screen.
Oh well.

upload_2020-10-29_5-21-44.png

grab the beta CM from the patreon as well, adds the "advanced physics" radio dial that fixes the cars for rain.
Still a bit iffy, but better than than just reduced traction generally, hitting puddles planes you etc.

EDIT: wtf.. I wanted to post image for you of where it is, but its gone now in mine?! used to be just under "car specific controls" in DRIVE screen.
Oh well.

View attachment 967913

Yes i was looking at comments on patreon and someone mentioned that too! Wonder why its disapeared?

Personally, when I see that a mod is encrypted, I delete it immediately. I don't even bother to drive it. I just think it's against the nature of AC. Also, consider the laws of supply and demand: Why would you use an encrypted mod when there are literally thousands of free mods of excellent quality? So many that time is not enough to use them all. That is, if you want your mod to be used, encrypting it is the best way to prevent this from happening. That strategy I would understand, if there were a shortage of mods in AC, which is clearly not the case.
bro wtf?

So I tried it and it is pretty good! The only thing I'd fix is the back stretch in the tunnel. It's WAAAAAYYYYY too bumpy ^^;

I commented to the author about the bumps. He's arguing with me, saying that's the way the track imported, and if he tries to improve it, he'll be changing the original track. Translation--he doesn't know how to fix the road mesh.

So, rain fx....

But yeah... it's incredible stuff for £1 a month....

It is... Maybe.

£1 is £1 pound everywhere. But (this lovely word), as we all know, it is not quite so.

In some countrys, £1 represents more than we think. This as to do with the medium salary of the, lets only include the Euro countrys.
Obviously I will not extend this subject.

Anyway £1 here and there and over there... With the remarkable trend of 'patreons'... Now lets join the 'donations' and the 'paid' mods.
This isn't over. Because I am talking about one game. But there are more games.

We have to take care of monthly expenses (patreons)

I want to make clear that I am not against patreons and alikes. It is just a point about a theme that it is not so easy like that.
Because a rain in a game... Ofcourse it is important and immersive, no doubt. And it is good someone working on it.
But as always, sometimes, things are not so simple.

Just a personal thought, nothing more. :)

Oh well.

View attachment 967913

it’s still there on my version of CM which auto updates. My version is 36747. I’m glad it’s there it’s kind of essential for RainFx!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back