Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,164 comments
Track: Proving Grounds from Need for Speed II

From Facebook group, Assetto Corsa Mod Central

Mariano Di Ianni
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RELEASED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proving Grounds from Need for Speed II !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pits: 8
Cameras: 13
AI: available
CSP latest version is required.
Credits: tipitjafar and Pioneer Productions
!!! IF SHARED PLEASE USE LINKS PROVIDED AND ALL CREDITS !!`
Any issues found please report directly to me (mail in readme)
Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy...

https://mega.nz/file/VuB2nZaJ#X4nOsTwzdqU2ISRzVkXAxc-EJNnEyCLKwpHXbN1ufgo

Watch out as you go through the tunnel. The road mesh is a mess. It launched my MX5 into the wall.

Colors, materials and shaders could be improved.

I used to daydream about this day. Never thought it would become real. Wow! Never played AC headbanging to my NFS2 tunes before.
+ Good technical oval IMO.
+ Love the jump into the tunnel.
+ Nostalgia.
- The bumps in that disco tunnel really makes the track basically impossible. With hardened front suspension, you can barely make it through the tunnel in a McLaren F1. Hope the creator will smooth out that piece of road. If they fix it, it will become a must have for many.

I've also been daydreaming about an Isdera Commendatore 112i mod for AC.
That will be unbelievable.

Last edited:
Glad to be of help!

Was good timing as I've been trying out some Grass FX stuff last few days so was fresh on the brain for how to get started out with. If your wondering and have the Patreon preview build, Rain FX is pretty much the same and probably a bit easier with a lot less variables to play around with. Check out the section on the Github also.

I haven't tried car lights yet myself but sounds similar, just mind most tracks will have a config file already under those file paths I mentioned, if not make one up and just put in a folder named "extension" in the track folder itself and you should be good.

Look forward to the track, good luck! :)
Good day!
thank you again, it worked well! It's easy to make FX grass, furtunately =) and lot of settings

Hiya, long time lurker, turned into modder over the last few days. My first question is about cars going off track with smoking brakes. It's only a few cars and i make note of each one, so i don't add them next race. The ligiers just pit and never come back out.

Next issue is with my grid extension on Bathurst. The track loads fine and textures all there, but the game crashes and mentions about the "starting light should show" and "was late had to loop". Also my acu interlagos has the field falling into the abyss at the start. I think i know what's wrong and i gotta hit up surfaces.ini, but not at the computer now, so if anyone else has an idea, halp!

Technically this is my 9th one, so i thought i had done everything right lol. I'll pack them together once i work out the last 2 kinks. All of them except Bahrain will have amateur rain_fx added as well. I've done about a dozen more tracks with rain_fx capabilities as well that came with 40 + grid and pit stops.

Autosport Speedway 50-60
COTA 50-60
Magny Cours 50-60
Tochigi 50-60
Donington 2018 (48 pits fixed)
Homestead Road Course 50-55
Bahrain 50-65
Bathurst 50-60
Interlagos 50-60

Thanks again! Accepting a link to the AC friends lmp1s as well :))

Lights, grass, water, fireworks, etc; config for acu_yas marina (v1.05, the one with 4 layouts)
Delete the previous version (If you had it; I didn´t post this here before)
(you also need the stFlow and ksPerPixelMultiMapEmissive shaders)

1.jpg 5.jpg

v0.8 main updates:
-Lighting overhaul; more evenly illuminated throughout the whole track (last sector isn´t overly bright anymore).
-Modified 3D models; fixes flickering and adds some eye candy.
-Lights for specific layouts, labeled A-B-C. You can turn them on/off using BLM Lights app.
-4 visibility levels on BLM lights, 1 for the main stuff, 4 being the most unnecessary lights..

6.jpg

Note: the hotel section still kinda sucks (30 FPS drop for me); this is thanks to the transparency of the roof, not the RGB.

To Do:
-Flags, screens & banners
-reverb
-rainFX (waiting till it goes public, contributions are also welcome)
-fix for the hotel, still not sure how...

https://mega.nz/file/AqYhQQDY#guRtqnroMBE15T6F8crMb-TnAhHZdCC3_2THjX_Xllc

Last edited:
I really like watching Formula E and the whole thing about it, but "lack of flavor, life, and zest" in the venues is just part of the Formula E package. They make up for that with excellent racing and questionable gimmicks like the fan boost and that weird "turbo zone" (I forgot what they actually call it)

The racers drive through an 'Activation Zone' to activate 'Attack Mode', a temporary 35 kW power boost. Attack Mode rules are decided by race officials 60 minutes before the start of the race, which is why they appear to have different rules at each event.

Small addon patch for honda_civic_eg6 "Spoon" rework by @JakubP & @flyingsaucer

Guess what :)
screen00.jpg

sorry i did screenshot on old version 1.01, because i haven't downloaded later version :D - but you didn't have internal and "rainfx ready" banner yet :D, did you?

And seriously, that was tricky - i thought it would have been a 15mins work to make it - but i was perfectly wrong :D - so many plausible methods and variables and nothing seemed to work from the start)

The addon patch adds the roof antenna with more streamlined angle of attack (ADDS +20 to STANCE and -1 to drag ; )), honda badge on the bonnet (painted black for +30 TO PRESTIGE, rear logo also painted black for +20 to TUNER REPUTATION) and finally the internal banner with "Spoon" logo, which adds +200 to racy (ricy? reisy?: )) perspective from the cockpit (not kidding :D)
Well, almost forgot, also antenna is painted black with a special microwave absorbing paint. ADDS another +15 to STEALTH and +3 to WHATEVER ; )

~INSTRUCTION:
1. As always, download, delete ".txt" from file name.
2. Unpack the 7-zip file to a temporary location.
3. Look into folders where you have original mod, and copy the content (text) from my unpacked "ext_config" file to your "ext_config" file .
4. Copy addon's kn5 file to the same folder where your "ext_config" is.

Nice update!

Last edited:
Have you repaired also External banner? I've seen you have created another .DDS, I've preserved external one creating another material so internal and external banner can use different shader. You have made internal banner kswindscreen so it can receive raindrops and maybe shifted to avoid clipping.
Anyway this is a screenshot with latest rev with corrected wipers and damage glass

Screenshot_acrm_honda_civic_eg6_spoon_ddm_gts_tsukuba_29-9-120-9-57-42.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, firstly the Porsche 961LM latest update is fantastic. I'd really not got on with this car at all, but just ran a few laps at Geraldo Backer and its absolutely amazing now, so thanks. Also loving Stockton and the reboot Suzuka.

Secondly, rallydb has 2 Kart Cross cars, but the links look like they've been removed. Has anyone got any links to them that still work please? Ta

・Mexico ePrix & Santiago ePrix update

CSP required
Delete the previous version
Delete the mexico_eprix.ini & santiago.ini
located in assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks.

Mexico ePrix v0.9
Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_tuned_mexico_eprix_29-9-120-8-5-40.jpg

Santiago ePrix v0.9
Screenshot_ks_nissan_gtr_santiago_29-9-120-17-4-16.jpg

Changelog;
-fix tree shade
-brightened the overall shader
-add RainFX
-new VAO patch
-add cam (santiago only)
-removed PerPixel MultiMap with Emissive map
-Other minor fixes

I have converted the formulae Track and uploaded it to the Race department in the past.
I didn't know this forum foolishly at that time.
Looking back recently, it was so terrible that I wanted to fix it ...
For the time being, I made a fix that I could do for 2 Tracks.
Please help if you can improve AI, camera, config and all other items!
The final update will be uploaded later in Race Department.
Thank you.

Edit; Mexico ePrix config quick update. Delete the .txt from the attached file and put it in mexico_eprix \ extension.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini.txt
    3.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
shi
・Mexico ePrix & Santiago ePrix update

CSP required
Delete the previous version
Delete the mexico_eprix.ini & santiago.ini
located in assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks.

Mexico ePrix v0.9
View attachment 968054
Santiago ePrix v0.9
View attachment 968055
Changelog;
-fix tree shade
-brightened the overall shader
-add RainFX
-new VAO patch
-add cam (santiago only)
-removed PerPixel MultiMap with Emissive map
-Other minor fixes

I have converted the formulae Track and uploaded it to the Race department in the past.
I didn't know this forum foolishly at that time.
Looking back recently, it was so terrible that I wanted to fix it ...
For the time being, I made a fix that I could do for 2 Tracks.
Please help if you can improve AI, camera, config and all other items!
The final update will be uploaded later in Race Department.
Thank you.

I can do track cameras if you want!

Have you repaired also External banner? I've seen you have created another .DDS, I've preserved external one creating another material so internal and external banner can use different shader. You have made internal banner kswindscreen so it can receive raindrops and maybe shifted to avoid clipping.
Anyway this is a screenshot with latest rev with corrected wipers and damage glass

View attachment 968046
@flyingsaucer -nope, i tried to make the addon patch as compact as possible so didn't touch what was already fine to me in the model (front banner).

But i worked on v.1.01 :) the old one which needed so called "lost in translation" transparency flag, and rhd wipers. i knew that you already fixed those, so only included internal banner, badges and adjusted antenna to "speedy look" :D.
Maybe it can require splitting the materials to work better with your latest version as you say, i couldn't really test that. The internal banner is mapped accordingly to a different .DDS that i've included (kn5).

TIP: To rebuild car model with that internal banner, you need to set texture path to that .DDS file cause your fbx importer from fbx.ini thinks it uses the same texture as external banner (bc of same material in my patch).
(in your screenshot it looks like the internal banner gets mapped to original texture and so it is clipped . my texture is 1596px or sth, and my mapping covers whole area, external banner is 2048 and has lots of unused area on both sides - so after i mapped internal banner to my new .DDS, and you didn't include my .DDS path, alpha is taking values from wrong texture and this is wrong, not quite like i intented it to be :D )

Could you try just run the mod (the last version people have - 1.06?) with the patch and check then if there are any issues, before you inserted? it in the 3d model? Thanks.

I'd like to hear some wider feedback from people who tried the addon, that is why i'm posting about it in public not in PM.
(at least this forum looks alive thay way ;))

Last edited:
Guys, can someone help me with the texture of the grass. I would need the ".dds" file of the darker grass; in the game it is too light.

Thank you.

I'm happy to release a new skin for the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO
Drivername: Guy Fawe
team: Scuderia FMA
number: 120
View attachment 967936

Download

I also updated the 139 Alex Fox skin

Changelog:
livery.png update
Alex Fox skin update download

And also updated the 188 Roger Grouwels
Changelog:
Banner update more realistic
Trofeo class bumper decal update
Roger Grouwels skin update download

Enjoy ;)

Where can I find the car?
I was googeling with no success.

@flyingsaucer -nope, i tried to make the addon patch as compact as possible so didn't touch what was already fine to me in the model (front banner).

But i worked on v.1.01 :) the old one which needed so called "lost in translation" transparency flag, and rhd wipers. i knew that you already fixed those, so only included internal banner, badges and adjusted antenna to "speedy look" :D.
Maybe it can require splitting the materials to work better with your latest version as you say, i couldn't really test that. The internal banner is mapped accordingly to a different .DDS that i've included (kn5).

TIP: To rebuild car model with that internal banner, you need to set texture path to that .DDS file cause your fbx importer from fbx.ini thinks it uses the same texture as external banner (bc of same material in my patch).
(in your screenshot it looks like the internal banner gets mapped to original texture and so it is clipped . my texture is 1596px or sth, and my mapping covers whole area, external banner is 2048 and has lots of unused area on both sides - so after i mapped internal banner to my new .DDS, and you didn't include my .DDS path, alpha is taking values from wrong texture and this is wrong, not quite like i intented it to be :D )

Could you try just run the mod (the last version people have - 1.06?) with the patch and check then if there are any issues, before you inserted? it in the 3d model? Thanks.

I'd like to hear some wider feedback from people who tried the addon, that is why i'm posting about it in public not in PM.
(at least this forum looks alive thay way ;))

Very very good explanation! Mate! I've directly used your patch with mine but there was issue! It lost mapping so I've simply given to your internal banner again his texture (yours) and given again to external its one. Before integrating your patch in my final version I've renamed external banner material pointing to original high res .DDS. In first test I've used 3dsimed3 to integrate your patch: badge were ok but internal banner loose axis orientation and your internal banner texture, so I've extracted from your patch only internal banner exported in .fbx reimported in kseditor and given again your texture then imported inside full mod and then it kept texture and axis.

I've only mobile connection 50gb at month. Same issue like you!

Try this patch I've not included ext_config.ini to remove old object I don't have anymore previous revision I could also have renamed them. New wipers object front and back ones with new anim. Remove old wipers instances and put them inside. Let me know what do you think about. :cheers:

Attachments

• patch.7z.txt
    180.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I used to daydream about this day. Never thought it would become real. Wow! Never played AC headbanging to my NFS2 tunes before.
+ Good technical oval IMO.
+ Love the jump into the tunnel.
+ Nostalgia.
- The bumps in that disco tunnel really makes the track basically impossible. With hardened front suspension, you can barely make it through the tunnel in a McLaren F1. Hope the creator will smooth out that piece of road. If they fix it, it will become a must have for many.

I've also been daydreaming about an Isdera Commendatore 112i mod for AC.
That will be unbelievable.

Unfortunately, he continues to argue with me about removing the bumps, something about the original game not having physics, but AC does, so now it's "realistic" and that it's supposed to have jumps. Someone with this kind of "logic" is impossible to deal with.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back