Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,129 comments
If you can open 3ds max animation I can give my anim. Or try yourself merge a couple of wipers of yours and see what happens to model.
If i ever get to inspecting that mod [gemballa:D] (not likely atm) i think i should start with original model as it is. But gosh, those rims look awful from the screenshots :D. I would have to do also rims swap :D

@flyingsaucer You have advanced so far with this mod maybe you're close to the solution. It's always learning, so never give up :) Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
No idea, I haven't tried it yet, but was helping @chocolatecake find the missing link.
So, rain fx....

View attachment 967861

Preview 1 167.
Hands down, the best rain I have seen in a PC sim.
Beats PCars franchise (PCars 1 is better than PCars 2 rain in my little test)
Beats AMS2, DiRT.
Caveat being that VISUALLY, at least.....

I find it works best if you use any of the rain weathers and use auto track conditions and in most cases it does actually make the track a bit more slippy.
It looks great on summers day with a rain shower, but sadly makes the drops of water on cars look white... so overcast works best if not running rain weather.

It is also so easy to add rain fx to tracks it is ridiculous !

Other big take out is performance, well it is quite heavy but in tests because the cockpit view is a wash with rain effects you can (well i can) afford to drop right back on the candy as it distorts the look of the surrounding anyway and in some cases you can see very little anyway.

So i have standard config for dry graphics, and another for wet rain fx which is less hungry.
So i am running 15-19 AI in full wet conditions with no issues...

Down sides?

Wish he was still working on it, spray behind cars is very poor so turned that off, not every car has wipers, don't like the white lumps of water that trial the cars rear wheels (can i turn that off?).
So far find replays look a bit horrible, certainly not as nice as in car....

preview 1 167 doesn't let me change the F6 cams, well it does but can't save them.... bit annoying.

But yeah... it's incredible stuff for £1 a month....

Remarkable achievement for sure. Just really hope its not totally dropped in support as it is such an amazing looking mod.

I absolutely love it.

Oh and i was a bit sceptical of using it as I worried about it messing stuff up, but no fear, dead easy to add and remove it. But i won't be removing it.

Can you tell me how to add rain to tracks please. Is there a file that would work for all tracks giving basic rain

mid 20s UK guy reveals how to Kill your GPU with this one simple trick! - NVIDIA hates him! Find out more by...
I think I've over done it. Struggling to keep 60fps on this at 1440p max, I considered deep diving into LODS but, as it's a flat space, there's no real chance of hiding any pop in or low detail structures.

The lights can be turned off, and it runs super smoothly in the day, like 140fps smooth,

View attachment 966771 View attachment 966772 View attachment 966773 View attachment 966774 View attachment 966775 View attachment 966776 View attachment 966779 View attachment 966780 View attachment 966781 View attachment 966782

Beautiful track and excellent work.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/atta...che_906_fonteny_25-9-120-10-52-25-jpg.967749/

is this SPA historic?
can someone give me a link to the latest version?

Even better, it's like Spa and the Nordschleife having a baby... Fonteny, best track ever created in a sim :D
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fonteny.30137/

Qy6lOGN.jpg

Last edited:
My god those cars are fantastic! I didn't have them but just grabbed them and put in the shift animation which works really well. The whole feel of the car, its handling and weight transfer are as you say very satisfying indeed! Brilliant in VR. It would be marvellous to have them RainFx ready. The wipers look ok in CM showroom and are the right way round for LHD if I'm not mistaken, but since it's all way beyond my competence I can't tell if the objects are amenable to accurate animation.
They are on Assettoland as a 4 pack. BMW page then M5 E34. Gentle Mind Performance is a modding team I didn't know about. Now I want to try all their wares.
Thx Tim, 'cause i had the same question where to find that exact mod :)

@SATLAB Do you plan to encrypt your mod? And why not? :D. Scratch made & looks tasty :D
(You don't want a 1000hp ripped mod of it on Assettoland, do you?) :D

Last edited:
If i ever get to inspecting that mod [gemballa:D] (not likely atm) i think i should start with original model as it is. But gosh, those rims look awful from the screenshots :D. I would have to do also rims swap :D

@flyingsaucer You have advanced so far with this mod maybe you're close to the solution. It's always learning, so never give up :) Fingers crossed!
That mod it's not mine. I've only tried to do a wiper animation. In the first version given us by @Masscot wipers animation were working only for 2/4 of windshield that's I'm thinking that there's something strange with whole mod. Maybe @Masscot can provide you first release.

Last edited:
I'm happy to release a new skin for the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO
Drivername: Guy Fawe
team: Scuderia FMA
number: 120
preview.jpg

upload_2020-10-28_22-28-12.png

upload_2020-10-28_22-28-38.png

upload_2020-10-28_22-29-21.png

upload_2020-10-28_22-29-53.png

upload_2020-10-28_22-30-17.png

upload_2020-10-28_22-30-54.png

upload_2020-10-28_22-31-16.png

upload_2020-10-28_22-31-42.png
Download

I also updated the 139 Alex Fox skin
preview.jpg

Changelog:
livery.png update
Alex Fox skin update download

And also updated the 188 Roger Grouwels
Changelog:
Banner update more realistic
Trofeo class bumper decal update
preview.jpg
Roger Grouwels skin update download

Enjoy ;)

Zurich ePrix v0.85
ENHNJZM[1].png
changelog:
- 26 pit/starts
- some stray obs removed
- skybox moved down abit
- fixes by @shi

bugs: *see screenshot
AI wont "set" after generating fast_lane, sides and {shift} on load
halp!

needed:
Cameras
AI *see bugs
Flavor, life, zest, reality... despite the great billboards and texture help from @shi , the track itself is dead..
perhaps it needs ambience, patina, weathering, something...

HALP!

Last edited:
Even better, it's like Spa and the Nordschleife having a baby... Fonteny,

:dopey: I Just copy pasted from only seeing your Pic. And did not read url.
Sorry:D Sure this is fonteny as writen in the url.
Nice shots btw.

But i am nevertheless searching for the best version of SPA historic.

Last edited:
wZH5hUa
wZH5hUa

Does anybody know the name of this showroom preview (it blended seamlessly with CM Dark Mode), it was posted here a while ago
(I kinda need since all my has this preview, I accidentally deleted it)
I'm pretty it was called seamless dark, but cant nowhere in search

Last edited:
wZH5hUa
wZH5hUa

Does anybody know the name of this showroom preview (it blended seamlessly with CM Dark Mode), it was posted here a while ago

looks like the CM “empty-fast” preset to me.

looks like the CM “empty-fast” preset to me.
It wasn't like the empty-fast preset, (I think Imgur made it darker it actually was)
I found the exact preset I was looking back on pg 1142

Also, do you know what line to tweak to fix a shifting issue with automatic transmission (It won't shift from 2nd gear to 3rd gear, just keeps bouncing between)

Thank you.
Unfortunately it seems you do require CSP for it though.
Would be nice to adjust it without it.

I don't know of any other way to change the audio balance of mods. It's stuff like this that makes CSP a 'must have' as far as I'm concerned. It allows you to do so many things you can't other wise do.

It wasn't like the empty-fast preset, (I think Imgur made it darker it actually was)
I found the exact preset I was looking back on pg 1142

Also, do you know what line to tweak to fix a shifting issue with automatic transmission (It won't shift from 2nd gear to 3rd gear, just keeps bouncing between)

Ive never heard of a transmission issue like that, so no.

If you still need a preset for previews that matches the dark theme, I’d see what colour code the dark mode preset uses and put that into a new preset. Should be pretty easy to make yourself.

If you still need a preset for previews that match the dark theme, I’d see what colour code the dark mode preset uses and put that into a new preset. Should be pretty easy to make yourself.

I found my preset, thank you through, I just tried the affected car with the automatic shifting assist off and had no issues

The car with the issues is the Kia Stinger posted here by Mike173

Last edited:
wZH5hUa
wZH5hUa

edit: nm you posted you found it while I'z posting :P
Its HD dark, then just take those two light colors, change to your gray (one's for the 'wall' in the back) and turn off reflections on the floor in 'scene' then 'mirror'.
pm3c.png

Last edited:

If you still need a preset for previews that matches the dark theme, I’d see what colour code the dark mode preset uses and put that into a new preset. Should be pretty easy to make yourself.

I found my preset, thank you through, I just tried the affected car with the automatic shifting assist off and had no issues

The car with the issues is the Kia Stinger posted here by Mike173

Usually caused by the shift down point being too close to the shift up point. On changing up the revs drop below the shift down point so the AI promptly shift down again.

e.g.

ai.ini

[HEADER]
VERSION=4

[GEARS]
UP=7600
DOWN=83 ;percent of UP that the AI will change down
SLIP_THRESHOLD=0.05
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.10

drivetrain.ini

[AUTO_SHIFTER]
UP=8000
DOWN=4200 ;actual RPM, this one cannot be too close to the UP value
SLIP_THRESHOLD=1.05
GAS_CUTOFF_TIME=0.119

Small addon patch for honda_civic_eg6 "Spoon" rework by @JakubP & @flyingsaucer

Guess what :)
screen00.jpg

sorry i did screenshot on old version 1.01, because i haven't downloaded later version :D - but you didn't have internal and "rainfx ready" banner yet :D, did you?

And seriously, that was tricky - i thought it would have been a 15mins work to make it - but i was perfectly wrong :D - the windscreen method for raindrops effect "behind" the banner had a disastrous look, in fact even destroying the banner after a quick drive lol)

The addon patch adds the roof antenna with more streamlined angle of attack (ADDS +20 to STANCE and -1 to drag ; )), honda badge on the bonnet (painted black for +30 TO PRESTIGE, rear logo also painted black for +20 to TUNER REPUTATION) and finally the internal banner with "Spoon" logo, which adds +200 to racy (ricy? reisy?: )) perspective from the cockpit (not kidding :D)
Well, almost forgot, also antenna is painted black with a special microwave absorbing paint. ADDS another +15 to STEALTH and +3 to WHATEVER ; )

~INSTRUCTION:
1. As always, download, delete ".txt" from file name.
2. Unpack the 7-zip file to a temporary location.
3. Look into folders where you have original mod, and copy the content (text) from my unpacked "ext_config" file to your "ext_config" file .
4. Copy addon's kn5 file to the same folder where your "ext_config" is.

UPDATE:

PATCH FOR v1.06,
link:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1864#post-13270884

OLD PATCH FOR v1.01 below:

Attachments

• honda_civic_eg6_spoon_abb.7z.txt
    76.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Zurich ePrix v0.85
View attachment 967969
Flavor, life, zest, reality... despite the great billboards and texture help from @shi , the track itself is dead..
perhaps it needs ambience, patina, weathering, something...
HALP!

I really like watching Formula E and the whole thing about it, but "lack of flavor, life, and zest" in the venues is just part of the Formula E package. They make up for that with excellent racing and questionable gimmicks like the fan boost and that weird "turbo zone" (I forgot what they actually call it)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back