Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,146 comments
Whoah, this is like Targa Florio: Wind Waker Edition.
Anyone spot Link hiding behind a tree?
I've never seen such an unintentionally cartoony track for AC. The grass is downright weird. Maybe it's just far too long everywhere which adds to the cel-shaded look, but the tarmac-coloured grass at the verges certainly doesn't help.
And if you suffer from epilepsy then don't drive this track with GrassFX active - all that shadow flickering might trigger a seizure.
Well we've been waiting for a long while for [Insert name here]'s scratch built version, guess we'll have to keep waiting til he get's it done. I'm still patiently waiting for the go ahead to do the AI lines and track limits, once the road mesh is finished that is.

Last edited:
Here you can fine mine:

Yup, thank you, perfect tutorial! I just watched your video on it and tried it on the Brabham BT62. I've now finished the animations and everything, but no rain is appearing on the windshield (it also didn't BEFORE I made any changes, so it's not that I changed something terminally). The wipers do work though. Only there is no rain for them to wipe. Is there something I can do to fix it?
EDIT: Oops I forgot to turn new windscreen effect on. There is now rain appearing on the windscreen, but now the wipers don't wipe it off (wipers do move though). It's the exact same issue I'm also having with for example the RSS GT cars (that I talk about in the post below this one)

Last edited:
Quick answer is: Yes.
(Long answer is: Oh yes... :))

1st way (lazy way) - by patching ilya's CSP :D
2nd way - by patching existing wipers

PS. What car have you encountered issues with?

That's very good news! :D
I'm a noob when it comes to anything modding as you can probably tell by all my questions (I literally started today). Sorry for that, but here's another one:
What do you mean with patching ilya's CSP? I've got the latest CSP installed (0.1.67) btw
I've tested both the Murcielago R-GT and the Viper, both have the same issue. The others from the pack probably have the same issue. I'm also experiencing this issue with the wiper animations I just made for the Brabham BT62.

Last edited:
I'm going to try this with that Long Beach track that looks really good, but needs to be optimized--I get about 20-30 FPS with it.

That would be the ultimate test--I'll be very surprised if it "fixes" that one.

Tried that with Rio, but it looks horribly. Especially the hills and surroundings in the background, due to the shorter LOD setting. But a nice tip @RMi_wood , thank you. Man I wish Rio or Long Beach would have been better optimized (same goes for Le Mans).

Here it is guys! Post is from Assetto Corsa Mod Central facebook group

* * * * UPDATE* * * *
MERCEDES BENZ CLS63 W218 2017
Huge thanks to Opperslang for doing the following changes:
- add ao
- tweak almost all shaders
– fixed data, now wheels are in correct place in game
- updated model for showroom, wheels now are in the same place in game and in showroom
- Changed a lot of interior textures and shaders
- Moved the left front door, now it's in the right location
- Removed some weird objects from the model that prevented the car from showing up in the custom preview
- Added different plate to all skins
- Made one dark greyish interior and one black
- Made the wipers black while keeping the chrome lip on the wheels

CAR LINK = https://drive.google.com/.../1Wxc.../view...

View attachment 968592
The link is down - did this get fixed/updated in the end?

Tried that with Rio, but it looks horribly. Especially the hills and surroundings in the background, due to the shorter LOD setting. But a nice tip @RMi_wood , thank you. Man I wish Rio or Long Beach would have been better optimized (same goes for Le Mans).
Exactly the same thing happened to me.

CM, CSP and RAINFX:

I apologize if this POV is not in-line with all of you. I mean no disrespect. As a Patreon and supporter in $'s for Ilja's excellent product in Content Manager and CSP specifically, I cannot help but feel helpless with the state that we were left in. Especially with RainFX being the key reason for my patronage. Helpless because I am left with several issues I cannot resolve. Ones that I was hoping my payments would result in resolution on.

Specifically the recent releases of CSP 1.65 - 1.67. A combination of preferred features and improvements, which between them would make up a great result, but individually don't cut it. Rain for 1.65 better over 1.67, but in VR shadow bugs in 1.65 prevent use of that. Wipers and ext_config better in 1.67 better than 1.65, but all car wipers cant work in 1.67. So you are stuck with using 1.67 with features you wish to have from 1.65 etc etc. The biggest let down of all is the fact that there is no dynamic invocation of rain, combined with SOL. I know SOL 2.0 Beta 1.7 indicated an experimental option, but it required 1.67 preview 4, which I cannot seem to find. So either Steve (SOL) had some privileged access for which I felt I paid for, or he is a visionary that had a conversation with Ilja along the way that never transpired. In 1.65 you could at least invoke SOL rain if you turned off RainFX for dynamic atmosphere when needed.

I therefore ask, for just one release to appease us who supported you to get some of these defects resolved vs the empty space we stare in (a little dramatic, but your application carry that much weight).

Thank you.

Last edited:
That's very good news! :D
I'm a noob when it comes to anything modding as you can probably tell by all my questions (I literally started today). Sorry for that, but here's another one:
What do you mean with patching ilya's CSP? I've got the latest CSP installed (0.1.67) btw
I knew that everybody would like to go the "lazy route" nowadays LOL :D. I meant "making binary changes to CSP 1.67_1 program". For me it's a "lazy way" (and quick) with patch ready.

If the wiper does not work, start again. There was something wrong in the process if it does not work for you.

Last edited:
Yup, thank you, perfect tutorial! I just watched your video on it and tried it on the Brabham BT62. I've now finished the animations and everything, but no rain is appearing on the windshield (it also didn't BEFORE I made any changes, so it's not that I changed something terminally). The wipers do work though. Only there is no rain for them to wipe. Is there something I can do to fix it?
EDIT: Oops I forgot to turn new windscreen effect on. There is now rain appearing on the windscreen, but now the wipers don't wipe it off (wipers do move though). It's the exact same issue I'm also having with for example the RSS GT cars (that I talk about in the post below this one)
Did you flip the windshield mesh in 3DS Max or Blender?

Berline ePrix v1.0
Screenshot_tw_mazda_rx7_aspec_berline_eprix_2-10-120-8-21-34.jpg

- CSP required
- 24 pit/start
- AI
- VAO
- Replay cam
- Camtool Replay(_option_camtool folder)

Known issues : Better AI line (needs help), There is no lid on the side of the curb

*Obtained permission to convert*

- Original mod by LFT Rfactor Tracks
- Track Convert by shin956
- Camtool Replay by @ckkjw398

Last edited:
shi
Berline ePrix v1.0
View attachment 969587
- CSP required
- 24 pit/start
- AI
- VAO
- Replay cam
- Camtool Replay(_option_camtool folder)

Known issues : Better AI line (needs help), There is no lid on the side of the curb

*Obtained permission to convert*

- Original mod by LFT Rfactor Tracks
- Track Convert by shin956
- Camtool Replay by @ckkjw398 (牛乳やさん)

I have had all these EPrix tracks installed and are interesting tracks. Havent gotten around to making any changes yet, but I find though the fast lane lines might be fairly good, the side line limits are terrible to do any kind of good AI racing on the EPrix tracks. But keep up the great work on them.

I also do have most of these in Rfactor 2 which are better doing racing. take care.

hi! i have some question, all kunos cars have CSP extension implemented(warning lights...reverse light...best shaders...)? where i found it? CM do not download automatically?

It's pretty much all hill-climbs so you're gonna be disappointed.

SimTraxx - I dont know which ones he made free to get and dont know if any include his circuit tracks. The circuit tracks need allot of work also to do any AI type racing. Pit areas dont work properly far as the limit speeds and AI and side lines need to be better on all of them. Just what I have noticed in my trying/testing of the circuit track. All the Circuit tracks seem to just been created but never gotten back to be complete status. The new Autobahn and M1 tracks still not given to me as a member to try which Kon mentioned may be coming soon?????

Like Masscott, I am not really into Hill climb/Rally type tracks unless they do complete loops to do races.. I do try them to see what they provide then store them away on a Disk.

take care.

I apologize for being so ignorant ... but have been a lifelong Mac user & so have never stepped into the world of PC gaming. Can someone explain to a technophobe how easy it is to set up a reasonable PC gaming computer & how easy it is to get AC mods up & running? My T500RS set-up doesn't work with ACC at all, so instead of upgrading to PS5 & buying new wheel, I'm wondering about switching to PC, with my major interest being AC (& also ACC obviously). Thanks! :)

I apologize for being so ignorant ... but have been a lifelong Mac user & so have never stepped into the world of PC gaming. Can someone explain to a technophobe how easy it is to set up a reasonable PC gaming computer & how easy it is to get AC mods up & running? My T500RS set-up doesn't work with ACC at all, so instead of upgrading to PS5 & buying new wheel, I'm wondering about switching to PC, with my major interest being AC (& also ACC obviously). Thanks! :)

The PC part is easy: build it or buy it. It's your 'rig' (wheel, shifter, pedals, seat, etc., incl. the all-important screen or screens...or VR) that requires judicious choices. Best advice: don't scrimp; spend like it's going to be the last purchase you're ever going to need to make.

Last edited:
The PC part is easy: build it or buy it. It's your 'rig' (wheel, shifter, pedals, seat, etc., incl. the all-important screen or screens...or VR) that requires judicious choices. Best advice: don't scrimp; spend like it's going to be the last purchase you're ever going to need to make.

I already have all that: T500RS, shifter, Playseat etc. My question is more: what level of PC (expense) is required & what is involved in accessing all the amazing mods for AC?

View attachment 969534

View attachment 969535

These screenshot are from 1.06 Full package.

I absolutely want to point out that I am just a newbie who is trying to learn how to do something new. I have a family and a lot of time to devote to it. What I do I do it simply because I like learning to do new things and since it is difficult to find material on how to do certain things everything is even more difficult and complex for me. There is the SDK car pipeline document this is true but it also requires that you know how to use certain software. I repeat, modding should be understood as the OpenSource for software working together to obtain more and more an advanced and professional product at no cost. IT MUST NOT be a war but an exchange of ideas and advice. Thanks to @hellothankyou for the insight into adding an internal banner to see the banner even from inside the car. He too knows perfectly well that I could never have directly used his patch on 1.06 also because in the meantime it had changed and I myself no longer have 1.01

I am only concerned with seeing and reviewing some aesthetic aspects of the machine to try and make it RAIN FX ready. The physics sector is exclusively by @JakubP like all the splendid cars that it allows us to try. I also take this opportunity to thank all the creators who produce models from scratch and who make their creations available.

In the meantime I try to group and optimize the groups of the model in question.

@hellothankyou

Here is how I've solved banner not visible. mm distance between glasses External, Internal, banner and damage glasses.

Share is the power!

View attachment 969545

@flyingsaucer
No need to explain it to me :D
Yup, There was like 6mm space between between front internal and external window, visible even outside when camera was eg. right top of the car :)
Finally you discovered that.

But how did I make my addon patch with banner and wipers anim. working on your car v1.06 in spite of that issue? Amazing :D

And of course you could, could ... now with ease use my banner from the patch because i updated it a few days ago to work even in spite of bugs in 1.06 model. So you dont have to be so humble LOL :D The mess in your 1.06 kn5 was your only problem. :)

And don't forget we all have families, that we care about more than about GTP lol - not only you dear friend:) ANd this is only a game for big boys :D

Last edited:
@flyingsaucer

No need to explain it to me :D
Yup, There was like 6mm space between between front internal and external window, visible even outside when camera was eg. right top of the car :)
Finally you discovered that.

But how did I make my addon patch with banner and wipers anim. working on your car v1.06 in spite of that issue? Amazing :D

And of course you could, could ... now with ease use my banner from the patch because i updated it a few days ago to work even in spite of bugs in 1.06 model. So you dont have to be so humble LOL :D The mess in your 1.06 kn5 was your only problem. :)

And don't forget we all have families, that we care about more than about GTP lol - not only you dear friend:) ANd this is only a game for big boys :D

SORRY FOR LONG POST

Please read all correctly and carefully.

But I wasn't explaining it to you @hellothankyou. I was happy to share my analysis with others. I'm sorry to tell you this now:
It seems here that I am the fool and that you are the pedantic. Now there are two things either you pretend to be a novice or you know more than the others. The fact that I have documented it shows that unlike many others I try to make people understand (me too) what are the mistakes that should not be made during the design. Now you are saying to me "Bravo finally you got there there were 6mm" ((Apart from that you have a big mistake the 6mm are between external glass and damage glass as also explained by @delpinsky and AC pipeline (it can be before or after external glass), never been anykind of distance between ext glass and int glass they were overlapped and in front of ext f banner that was my mistake)) if you look carefully at the photo of 3ds max they "damage glasses" are not there I've hidden them for clarity but I've left in front of external glass and everything works as expected. Creating a patch and talking about bugs when it would have been nice to explain why things don't work.
Hope my post can help others in creating. And let's stop creating unnecessary controversy. I have asked you several times to take part in discord and to share our information (also through PM is that true?). Since you said you were a novice like me.
This isn't the first time I've created posts with images (you yourself praised me for being the only one to do it and share). Believe me, I really don't understand your behavior. I don't know if it is for your personal problems but you often go from high cordiality and availability to useless and misleading wisdom. Please let us all grow up and prove that we are men and not children INCLUDING ME.
I'm so sorry and as you can see you still have the same problem in this forum with 99% of people. Personally I consider you a very intelligent person and probably creating those statements and answering in a sarcastic way enjoy you a lot, personally I am indifferent, but try to understand that in the world we are not all the same. To some it amuses, others indifferent to others it bothers. I'm not going to lecture you also because I absolutely don't want to give it to you, on the contrary, I show you that I am your friend and if I'm telling you it's only because I respect you.

PS:
About internal and external banner.
I am fully convinced that it can be solved 100% by UV mapping the banner both on the front glass and on the internal banner creating a texture that includes both the banner seen from the inside and the dirt. But I'm a newbie I don't know yet to do a UV UNWRAP and place images on faces creating a proper .DDS.

P.P.S:
@Shokeus Félicitations pour ce que vous faites, je suis heureux et vous êtes également très bon. Vous avez tout mon respect et merci de partager toutes vos découvertes de modding avec nous

English:
@Shokeus Congratulations on what you are doing, I am happy and you are also very good. You have all my respect and thank you for sharing all your modding discoveries with us

Cheers
flyingsaucer aka Tony

Last edited:
Yes, I have converted to both FBX without issue and KN5 (is corrupt abit but easy to fix), I simply have not "converted" it to AC (yet).
I am willing to give it out, but that person should be a top converter who can finish it with great detail and care (I am willing to do the physics)

Thanks for your answer! This explains the issues I encountered, especially as I'm only using 3D simed (which works in 99% of cases).
I can't wait to see the result of your conversion ;)

Thanks for your answer! This explains the issues I encountered, especially as I'm only using 3D simed (which works in 99% of cases).
I can't wait to see the result of your conversion ;)

This is for anyone wishing to convert the Alfa 33 tt 12 from rf2

includes:
all original textures (normals, specular, 5 liveries)
kn5 with generic carbody texture and tga/bmp replaced with dds (no shader mapping)
no pivot points are set, no nothing... no data, instruments, physics, nothing.

:: download ::

note: I will still do the physics if I receive a in-game car :)

Last edited:
I already have all that: T500RS, shifter, Playseat etc. My question is more: what level of PC (expense) is required & what is involved in accessing all the amazing mods for AC?
After you asked the guy at the store the price for the "best" pc he will sell you, offer $2000 more for the pc he wont sell you, that he keeps out back, then you should be about right..

As others have said though, it "depends", if you intend going VR or triple screen, 2080ti is nearly mandatory, if you dont buy that, you will be constantly changing plugins and shaders and mods and graphics settings to try get framerate stable. this simracing malarky was fun but frustrating while i was on i7/32gb/1080ti machine, but it really came to life wihen i jumped to i9/64gb/2080ti, I could stop screwing around with settings, leave everything on max and just enjoy the mods, and currently tapping my fingers waiting for Nvidia to release 3080ti or 3090ti series and I will damn sure be buying one so I can upgrade my VR, more horsepower in simracing is always better.

that said you can run ac on an i3 laptop with a 1280p screen too.. depends on your expectation.

For ACC as an indication, even on my current setup, for VR i have to dial back the settings quite a bit to maintain constant 90fps on my vive, for triple screen in ACC I run everything maxxed out except if I add more than 20 cars, then I have to dial back to high settings, whereas on console they overcome this by just running at 30fps.. and most console owners have no idea this is even happening, and the best they can do is single screen anyhow. so buying into the more fps == better thing may cost you more for not not a lot of outcome..

YMMV

P.S. I am getting my ass whipped in league racing by a guy in Adelaide, racing on an old machine, single 24 inch monitor and a G27.. moah munny NOT EQUAL more speed or more skill.. as I am learning, ****er keeps posting 7-11s faster than rest of the field...

Last edited:
CM, CSP and RAINFX:

I apologize if this POV is not in-line with all of you. I mean no disrespect. As a Patreon and supporter in $'s for Ilja's excellent product in Content Manager and CSP specifically, I cannot help but feel helpless with the state that we were left in. Especially with RainFX being the key reason for my patronage. Helpless because I am left with several issues I cannot resolve. Ones that I was hoping my payments would result in resolution on.

Specifically the recent releases of CSP 1.65 - 1.67. A combination of preferred features and improvements, which between them would make up a great result, but individually don't cut it. Rain for 1.65 better over 1.67, but in VR shadow bugs in 1.65 prevent use of that. Wipers and ext_config better in 1.67 better than 1.65, but all car wipers cant work in 1.67. So you are stuck with using 1.67 with features you wish to have from 1.65 etc etc. The biggest let down of all is the fact that there is no dynamic invocation of rain, combined with SOL. I know SOL 2.0 Beta 1.7 indicated an experimental option, but it required 1.67 preview 4, which I cannot seem to find. So either Steve (SOL) had some privileged access for which I felt I paid for, or he is a visionary that had a conversation with Ilja along the way that never transpired. In 1.65 you could at least invoke SOL rain if you turned off RainFX for dynamic atmosphere when needed.

I therefore ask, for just one release to appease us who supported you to get some of these defects resolved vs the empty space we stare in (a little dramatic, but your application carry that much weight).

Thank you.
I agree to pay or make a Paybal donation for finished mods but here I made the choice not to pay a subscription each month for something that does not work or you have to add a file for each car or circuit if it still works .... I find it to be DIY and have no time. I will wait until the rain fx rain mod is available in a public version (final) there I want to make a donation why not, when I see all the people who have problems with the circuits, windshield wipers on cars, bugs and others I really don't want to pay for it ..... it's very very good SOL + CSP work but I don't have time to do DIY in my game

Thanks. V2.1 should come next week. After some feedback from a few users and especially from @Real Toonces some changes have to be made to some cars. Minor to Ford and Corvette (Ford slightly too fast, Corvette slightly to slow, especially on fast tracks) and I need to see what can be done with the Nissan. I know it drives horrible. And I didn't dive to much into settings of this car, cause the base model needs a lot of work, mostly suspension settings. But will give it my best shot. Maybe should be considered a grid filler at the moment.
Hi. Great mod but I found the Nissan needed suspension settings changed other wise it won't let you start to race. The problem being there is no suspension settings available to change. Strange.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back