Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,129 comments
So, ilja's sol alternative, or default / base thing.
Anyone use it or tried it?
It looks pretty good and is so kind on performance I can do rain fx with over 20 AI.
I guess its missing a lot of stuff but you still get full 24 hour cycle and the weather effects.

I guess i am asking as it seems no one really talks about it or make filters for it... i am a convert.

View attachment 969446
ilja's sol alternative?????? please explain ???

that it is beautiful! on the other hand I have 2 new problem, shadow on the mirrors and triangles missing on the air intakes! yet no worries in 3dsimed?!

1604497840-capture-d-ecran-235.jpg

1604497843-showroom-porsche-964-carrera-cup-4-10-2020-14-46-8.jpg

1604497847-showroom-porsche-964-carrera-cup-4-10-2020-14-45-54.jpg

1604498447-capture-d-ecran-237.jpg

Thanks !

Last edited:
Have you tried Trawa's filter?
Thanks. Tried it now. It looks ok with default xfab WeatherFX. But now I remember why I stopped using it. I didn't give me any FPS gain. Ever since I started using CSP settings from Peter Bose, I increased my FPS by 10-15. And disabling Sol, gives me maybe 2,3 FPS. Not enough.

Mr Wood's "Shaft PP" (aka: dusk2dawn")
Yes! Thank you again for this. Been using since day you posted it here. It's excellent. 👍

Last edited:
Hi guys, I downloaded Rio de Janeiro converted from Forza by Esprit, but I can't do a race even with 8 cars, it's going to be 30 FPS. Have you noticed that? Needs optimization.

I had a track running horribly... a quick and stupid fix:

ext_config.ini

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION= get frames
MESHES = ?? ; all the things
CAST_SHADOWS = 0 ; 0 turn off all shadows / 1 turn all on
LOD_OUT=250 ; restrict draw distances for all the things to 250m

Last edited:
Thanks. Tried it now. It looks ok with default xfab WeatherFX. But now I remember why I stopped using it. I didn't give me any FPS gain. Ever since I started using CSP settings from Peter Bose, I increased my FPS by 10-15. And disabling Sol, gives me maybe 2,3 FPS. Not enough.

This was my experience just now - no extra FPS with Ilja's default. Can you point me in the direction of Peter Boese's CSP settings please? Or are these the ones in the Sol installation guide?

Thanks

that it is beautiful! on the other hand I have 2 new problem, shadow on the mirrors and triangles missing on the air intakes! yet no worries in 3dsimed?!

1604497840-capture-d-ecran-235.jpg

1604497843-showroom-porsche-964-carrera-cup-4-10-2020-14-46-8.jpg

1604497847-showroom-porsche-964-carrera-cup-4-10-2020-14-45-54.jpg

1604498447-capture-d-ecran-237.jpg

Thanks !

3dSimEd is not always right. And will not show you bugs it introduced itself. It us more for ripping content that a 3D suite.
When you open "3dsim-edded" files in max or (in my case) in Blender you can sometimes see such bugged meshes. And that is also how the game sees it.

It's the same issue i had with tyres on civic spoon. (Thankfully it's solvable) if i had time soon, i'd gladly help.

Cheers!

This was my experience just now - no extra FPS with Ilja's default. Can you point me in the direction of Peter Boese's CSP settings please? Or are these the ones in the Sol installation guide?

Thanks

@TimLotus hi, probably the most important part of Peter's setup was ExtraFX "off" . at least this is what i remembered (correctly?) from @ales100i post some time ago. You can search the thread for detailed setup. It is there somewhere in the thread, maybe 100-200 pages ago :D.

@TimLotus hi, probably the most important part of Peter's setup was ExtraFX "off" . at least this is what i remembered (correctly?) from @ales100i post some time ago. You can search the thread for detailed setup. It is there somewhere in the thread, maybe 100-200 pages ago :D.

Thanks for that. I will look. I already had ExtraFX off as it doesn't work with VR, but I'll have a look for the other details.

Is it that "Sol2.zip" thing someone left on this thread a few pages ago? I've been meaning to ask how to actually install/use it :embarrassed:

Thanks

The settings are in the zip in this post, also the instructions on how to use them are in the post. Yes extraFX are turned off, but I put it back on to enabled temporal AA and I still get a much better frame rate:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1797#post-13258068

Last edited:
One more question, some cars, for example the RSS GT mods, have working wipers. But they don't actually wipe the rain off the windscreen with Rain FX. Is that fixable?

New skin for the Ferrari 488 Challenge EVO
Drivername: Boris Gideon
Team: Formula Racing
number: 103
View attachment 969408

Download

Enjoy ;)

you able to pack them all into one pack?

I have downloaded the Seat Leon 2017 from Assettoland:

02.11.2020: Seat Leon 2017 v2.0 by AE Garage (Encrypted & CSP) for AC v1.16.3

View attachment 969404

Altough the car is encrypted, at least the preview pic is Assetto Corsa-standard (see photo above).

The problem with this car is, that the AI can only drive this car very slow. Has anybody an idea, what is wrong with the data?

friend I found this unencrypted mod in a comment of a video I saw on youtube. There is no author in the description of the mod I suppose I can share it .... the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fvXU8KwXmvUnwKH-RtjnJzSqMkrwMkZe?usp=sharing

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back