Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,190 comments
thanks bro. on that "grid" video, were u using neck fx for that? if so , setting? sorry to ask again

Sure, no problem.
Here are the settings i used for NeckFX:
Screenshot 2020-11-30 114410.png

Your settings may differ if you do not have this setting below enabled:
Screenshot 2020-11-30 114512.png

As this setting affects NeckFXs DOR.

Hope that helps 👍

Last edited:
porsche_964_carrera_cup_doningtonpark2018_15_55_02.jpg

Porsche Carrera CUP 964 v.0.54

Thanks a lots to @Smurth, he has done windshield magic giving real reflection with wheel, and chassis. Thanks a lots @Koldo83 for his skins. Now I give everything to @Shokeus.

Credits @Shokeus for mod
Credits @FileMissing handling data locks/rods ratio and deflection
Credits @Koldo83 for skins
Credits @Smurth for windshield rework

Something by me RAINFX Ready and wipers
Damage Glasses
Damage Lights

I would only add chassis damages if someone can point me a tutorial I thank you in advance.

P.S.
MEA CULPA how I could forget @FileMissing

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
Lately, the time we can dedicate to our beautiful hobby is decreased, but anyhow we spent part of the lockdown tryin' to learn something new about physics and we guess now it's time to see if this new stuff works.. :)

For the future, considered the less time we have, the idea is to focus mostly on the physics and to bring some new race cars in our list.

So after a loooong break, here we are with two new updates!

BMW 2002 Turbo
Version 4.0 - Released 2020.11.30

CHANGELOG

• new engine torque
• new suspensions geometry and setup
• new aero with height and yaw sensitivity
• corrected engine limiter, inertia and braking torque
• tweaked turbo config
• corrected car total mass
• revised car polar inertia
• corrected steer lock and ratio
• corrected fuel tank position
• tweaked differential setup
• adjusted gearshift times
• tweaked setup options
• removed flames

DOWNLOAD HERE

McLaren F1

CHANGELOG

Physics
• new engine torque curve
• adjusted total mass
• revised inertia
• adjusted steer lock and ratio
• increased fuel consumption
• adjusted differential
• corrected final gear ratio
• revised engine inertia and braking torque
• corrected engine limiter
• adjusted brakes max torque and bias
• increased FFb multiplier

Visual
• corrected tyres dimension
• minor shaders adjustments

Other changes
• regenerated LoDs kn5 files
• regenerated VAO patch
• revised setup options ranges

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hope you'll enjoy them!

Many Thanks for all your great Work,all Cars are fantastic:cheers:;)

Last edited:
Has anyone experienced gray splotches in the clouds/sky using SOL?

The gray splotches appear to be in the same areas on several different tracks. Is this an issue with SOL? or a setting within CSP that I have selected?

You seem to be one of the few people that appreciates cars from early 2000 onward, so I'd suggest any of the following that to my knowledge aren't in AC yet:

- Aston Martin DB7 Vantage
- Aston Martin Vanquish (First Gen)
- Cadillac XLR-V
- Jaguar XKR (First Gen)
- Mercedes SL55 AMG
- Noble M12 GTO
- Noble M400
- TVR Tuscan
- TVR Tamora
- TVR Typhon
- VW Nardo W12

Any of those would be very cool to have, albeit getting reasonable models probably isn't easy (most I believe are in Test Drive: Unlimited but not sure where else) and if all the Aston Martins are gone from Gamemodels.ru then they may well be impossible.

This can be fixed without any 3D software. Use the CM showroom to unpack the KN5, then open the .FBX file in the KS Editor (found in your AC game folder under sdk -> editor), you then can navigate around the car right clicking on each car object and making sure that cast shadow is set to true. Once done, save the KN5 over the original (back it up first).

I will warn you that this car is another candidate for the absolute worst that I've ever worked on, fixing the shadows will get you about 1% of the issues sorted...

EDIT - Ignore the above, I just remembered that the Z06 can't be unpacked for some reason, you either have to accept the shocking state it comes in or rename the KN5 from the C7 Grandsport and copy that over the Z06 KN5.

The Joss JT1, Acura HSC would be good one's also.

Last edited:
I have a version of Brno wwhich gives me the error message 'map is missing' in CM. I tried to fix it but CM seems to be unable to create a map for this track. The authors are Sneer, Rafael Malagoli (Malagoli Garage), Sliderman according to info.
Any ideas how to create a map or maybe one you guys knows of a newer version of this track?
Many thx for your help!

I have a version of Brno wwhich gives me the error message 'map is missing' in CM. I tried to fix it but CM seems to be unable to create a map for this track. The authors are Sneer, Rafael Malagoli (Malagoli Garage), Sliderman according to info.
Any ideas how to create a map or maybe one you guys knows of a newer version of this track?
Many thx for your help!
Do you have the reworked version? That's the only one I've used, has worked fine.

Many thx for your help!
Try the version from this post https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1655#post-13226003

Hi everyone!
Lately, the time we can dedicate to our beautiful hobby is decreased, but anyhow we spent part of the lockdown tryin' to learn something new about physics and we guess now it's time to see if this new stuff works.. :)

For the future, considered the less time we have, the idea is to focus mostly on the physics and to bring some new race cars in our list.

BMW 2002 Turbo

CHANGELOG

• new engine torque
• tweaked turbo config
• tweaked setup options
• removed flames

DOWNLOAD HERE

McLaren F1

CHANGELOG

Physics
• adjusted total mass
• revised inertia
• adjusted differential

Visual

Other changes
• regenerated VAO patch

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hope you'll enjoy them!

Superb!

Brilliant how the mods come with an excellent quality and with all lods, and the files are so small. Just brilliant.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Many thx for your help!

Download the Brno reworked version 1.2 and my new AI line and have fun.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1655#post-13226003

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/new-ai-for-brno-circuit-1-1.26760/updates

To clear things up i said 1 million and Rusty said it was 20k.... Actually.

He makes 2-3k a month from patreon and at least £1 per CM download, now the player base of AC is huge and i'd wager that a good 300k to 500k have now got CM...I doubt 100% of people only pay £1 for CM...so yeah...I recon my guess must be not too far off....

If he has only made 20k off of it in 2 years or whatever then he's doing something wrong...

BTW i don't mind if he makes that much from it, i have no issue with that... just its simple fact that he paid no licence fee to use the base sim...
So so far he's done very well avoiding any problematic run ins with Kunos...

As you say, they must be aware and must like him and most likely be lining up putting him on a payroll full time...
Lets hope so, and bring on AC2..

The other guys explained everything much better than me so no reason to continue, glad you understand our point 👍

Morning/Evening All,
Here's a WIP update for the St.Petersburg (Florida USA) circuit...

New Features & modifications to:
- Track Lights
- Rain FX ready
- Grass FX ready
- Replay Cameras (x2 new close-up, and modified existing)
- Tarmac skin-fixes to the main-straight surface

*** CSP v1.67-preview1 (patron version) ***

st_petersburg_tarmac-skin-fix.jpg

st_petersburg_rain-fx.jpg

st_petersburg_rain-pics.jpg

st_petersburg_rain-pics2.jpg

Hope to have it all together, tested and ready on RD in a few days...

Wow.... beamNG.... well that is the best £15 i ever spent. What a nice early Christmas present, why did i wait so long?!

Point of this, well at the tests at the start it has a simple road with cones to weave through, would be ace if racing sims had little test areas like this.

Million thx for keep updating the legendary F1 !!!

Hi everyone!

BMW 2002 Turbo

CHANGELOG

• new engine torque
• tweaked turbo config
• tweaked setup options
• removed flames

DOWNLOAD HERE

McLaren F1

CHANGELOG

Physics
• adjusted total mass
• revised inertia
• adjusted differential

Visual

Other changes
• regenerated VAO patch

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hope you'll enjoy them!

Here the updated version of the Clio Cup, featuring new physics and an optimized soundbank by our RealAKP.
It should provide lots of fun! :)

Renault Clio R.S. Cup X98

Version 2.0 - Released 2020.11.30

CHANGELOG
- new aero with height sensitivity
- new engine torque
- new suspensions geometry and setup
- corrected car total mass
- revised car polar inertia
- corrected steer lock and ratio
- corrected fuel tank position
- tweaked gearbox config
- added downshift protection
- tweaked brakes config
- corrected tyres static pressure
- increased FFb multiplier
- optimized soundbank by RealAKP

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hope you'll enjoy it!

Wow.... beamNG.... well that is the best £15 i ever spent. What a nice early Christmas present, why did i wait so long?!

Point of this, well at the tests at the start it has a simple road with cones to weave through, would be ace if racing sims had little test areas like this.
its modable too.
Cars are extracted simply with 3dSimed, as are downloadable mods (Colada .dae)
Likely super easy to import, but havent tried

Big disclaimer for vanilla AC, but almost none (Okay, none.) of the IRL temperature stuff is applicable.

Pretty much only sim (That I have looked at and confirmed, rF2 perhaps as well but I'm not sure) that has even a little bit realistic tire and brake heating is AC with Extended physics. So currently basically only the P13C and perhaps that one Audi from BK. IIRC older gMotor sims also suffer, including Automobilista 1. No idea about AMS2.

Vanilla AC is missing features and most content has very incorrect rate of heating, manner of heating, interactions between brakes and tires (None to my knowledge; and the brake heat is consequently not worth using due to it) etc. so you simply can't use the same tire heating strategies, or even the same logic as IRL, for most sims but especially vanilla AC.

If you're going for performance in AC, forget IRL completely and just optimize it within the game's system. Heat is probably the weakest part about vanilla AC tires. I'm trying to make it a *bit* better for some of my physics updates that are coming up, but the limit is reached soon. Extended physics content is also few and far between currently, but that can change in the future.

If, and when, more cars start implementing realistic tire and brake heating, with probably my own ones to be some of the first "public" ones to include it (If I decide to, there are some downsides too), then it should be possible to implement quite realistic tire and brake heating strategies and have them work.

ACC has been hit and miss. Apparently the brake heating is even *worse* than vanilla AC if some telemetry was to be believed some time ago, but the tires might be better. Wouldn't count on that to be perfect either.

Hi Arch, I like your physics very much and lately I've seen you are working on a lot of cars as a side project. Is there any place where I can find the cars with your physics?

About the Integra. First I tried it in Bremgarten, I really loved it. The feedback was so detailed, I felt its weight and inertia so well in the fast corners I was in love. Then I tried it in Daimler Teststrecke and it was the opposite. I'm aware of the discussion here of the wheel lifting, I can't say it is real or not, but I'm sure the car's behaviour in tight corners is unreal. I believe you that everything is correct with the data from your side but still is something wrong with the car. Is it maybe the AC engine's limitations on this particular area? If yes, wouldn't it be better to try to change things empirical?

One more thing. It's bad to see sometimes you have conflicts with other modders. Please let me tell you an advice. If you came to me and said my car is a total mess but you can tell me how to do it to make it driveable, I wouldn't be so happy with you. People are emotional of their creations. I think with a slightly different approach (ie partnership) it would be much better for everybody.

AO is done however there's one thing that bothers me on the damn model.
Its this part if somebody could maybe fix it with covering it up somehow or remodeling it.
I'm also learning FMOD I actually managed to get the custom sounds to work ingame but it sounds very awkward.
__custom_showroom_1606762064.jpg

wow. thanks for the reminder haven't tried that after the GPU upgrade :embarrassed:

The Results are in!

@saXXXon obliterated everyone on the last challenge.
Screenshot 2020-11-30 195645.png

And at the 11th hour @norms set a monster of lap, nearly snatching the title coming within 0.02 of that time!
Screenshot 2020-11-30 195413.png

Amazing tight and close times for all with the Mini Can AM at croft, and because of this It's staying on the rotation for another week!

It has now been suggested that we add another mod related Hot-Lap Challenge (Jimmy and Azura24) and extended the the qualifying times. So we now have another new addition to the rotation.

The 1991 Jordan ASR Mod at Mosport
Screenshot 2020-11-30 191531.png

Its active now, on auto-rotation and each session will run for around 4hrs.

http://5.226.139.13:8772/live-timing
Password as always is error

If anyone else would like a car and track added, just let me know 👍

Last edited:
its modable too.
Cars are extracted simply with 3dSimed, as are downloadable mods (Colada .dae)
Likely super easy to import, but havent tried

Yes, it works. I tried! Only need to install the car somewhere an empty folder. And you can open the .dae file in 3Dsimed.
Maybe it need some work with the textures, because they are not in the "original" place (textures folder next to the dae file)

I was more interested in tracks, download some in this summer (Little Italy, Dunes, etc) but that is not openable. (something .ter file format)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back