Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,795 comments
Yes, it works. I tried! Only need to install the car somewhere an empty folder. And you can open the .dae file in 3Dsimed.
Maybe it need some work with the textures, because they are not in the "original" place (textures folder next to the dae file)

I was more interested in tracks, download some in this summer (Little Italy, Dunes, etc) but that is not openable. (something .ter file format)

the core basemap is a heightfield that you can port to any cad program and recreate, (i posted it up some time ago) but all the objects on that base are locked up in the TER. If format has not changed since ROR then its just a zipped file with configs and .mesh objects.

(It was originally based on source code from Rigs of Rods open source project, have no doubt if you scratch around in there you will find the way to open the files. )

@RMi_wood You may want to look into fixing this....... :D

unknown.png

unknown.png

@allrnder what is your apps on the right ? especially the big one at the bottom-right ?

the core basemap is a heightfield that you can port to any cad program and recreate, (i posted it up some time ago) but all the objects on that base are locked up in the TER. If format has not changed since ROR then its just a zipped file with configs and .mesh objects.

(It was originally based on source code from Rigs of Rods open source project, have no doubt if you scratch around in there you will find the way to open the files. )

Yeah, I know the history of the game, I was a big fan of RoR! But our PC was weak to run BeamNG smoothly so I set aside.

.ter file is not a simple .zip file (I tried :D )

Yeah, I saw the height map. I can't imagine how can he made tracks. Using an original world height map? or in 3d modelling softwares, they can save height map..
The last game in which I made height map for a track was the Terep2 (Deformers 2). Texture map, heightmap and physics map (or it was same as the texture) The best simulation physics (softbody) in 1997-1998!!

(Sorry for the off topic :sly: )

Last edited:
Yeah, I know the history of the game, I was a big fan of RoR! But our PC was weak to run BeamNG smoothly so I set aside.

Yeah, I saw the height map. I can't imagine how can he made tracks. Using an original world height map? or in 3d modelling softwares, they can save height map..
The last game in which I made height map for a track was the Terep2 (Deformers 2). Texture map, heightmap and physics map (or it was same as the texture) The best simulation physics (softbody) in 1997-1998!!

yup, what I meant it it will be a propriety zip format, or a regulat tar format encrypted but the content should be the same as the original ROR content, bunch of configs and .mesh files. the tutorials for making and packing your own ter files cover importing other file formats, suggest that it does something similar to aceditor and just packs them up. Of course as no one has ever opened one we don't know.

FOr converting the heightmap to mesh you can use 3dcoat (30 day demo), Rhino3d, even Blender displace modifier will do it.

Last edited:
Anyone else having issues with Cannock Chase ? It's a beautiful track but I'm getting 26-30 FPS... With a single car (can't imagine what full grid would look like ahah) whereas other tracks hit 60+ without breaking a sweat. Puzzling.

Hi everyone!
Lately, the time we can dedicate to our beautiful hobby is decreased, but anyhow we spent part of the lockdown tryin' to learn something new about physics and we guess now it's time to see if this new stuff works.. :)

For the future, considered the less time we have, the idea is to focus mostly on the physics and to bring some new race cars in our list.

So after a loooong break, here we are with two new updates!

BMW 2002 Turbo
Version 4.0 - Released 2020.11.30

CHANGELOG

• new engine torque
• new suspensions geometry and setup
• new aero with height and yaw sensitivity
• corrected engine limiter, inertia and braking torque
• tweaked turbo config
• corrected car total mass
• revised car polar inertia
• corrected steer lock and ratio
• corrected fuel tank position
• tweaked differential setup
• adjusted gearshift times
• tweaked setup options
• removed flames

DOWNLOAD HERE

McLaren F1
Version 4.0 - Released 2020.11.30

CHANGELOG

Physics
• new aero with height and yaw sensitivity
• new suspensions geometry and setup
• new engine torque curve
• adjusted total mass
• revised inertia
• adjusted steer lock and ratio
• increased fuel consumption
• corrected fuel tank position
• adjusted differential
• corrected final gear ratio
• revised engine inertia and braking torque
• corrected engine limiter
• adjusted brakes max torque and bias
• increased FFb multiplier

Visual
• corrected tyres dimension
• minor shaders adjustments

Other changes
• regenerated LoDs kn5 files
• regenerated VAO patch
• revised setup options ranges

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hope you'll enjoy them!

@AC Modder please try to fix the "smearing" windscreen issue on the BMW 2002. There is a workaround available how to prevent the windscreen have this effect when driving in onboard view.

There's this (paymod) version from Gilles75 (one of the better ones):
View attachment 975021
Yeah, I have that version. I bought It few months ago but lets say that it's not a "great" version. I am from Almeria and I have raced many times on that track in real life and I would like to see in AC a nice version of this circuit.

Maybe I can do that Almeria GTR2 track (if GuyIlls version is the only one)
It's possible to get track models from RIDE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I have that version. I bought It few months ago but lets say that it's not a "great" version. I am from Almeria and I have raced many times on that track in real life and I would like to see in AC a nice version of this circuit.
Yeah, I didn't say it was great, just that it is one of the 'better' ones, which says something about the others... :lol:
Though @slider666 mostly manages to polish them quite a bit which made me keep several of them...

The Results are in!

@saXXXon obliterated everyone on the last challenge.
View attachment 975336

And at the 11th hour @norms set a monster of lap, nearly snatching the title coming within 0.02 of that time!
View attachment 975335

Amazing tight and close times for all with the Mini Can AM at croft, and because of this It's staying on the rotation for another week!

It has now been suggested that we add another mod related Hot-Lap Challenge (Jimmy and Azura24) and extended the the qualifying times. So we now have another new addition to the rotation.

The 1991 Jordan ASR Mod at Mosport
View attachment 975268

Its active now, on auto-rotation and each session will run for around 4hrs.

http://5.226.139.13:8772/live-timing
Password as always is error

If anyone else would like a car and track added, just let me know 👍
effin' Mosport... :lol::lol: where's the white flag?

effin' Mosport... :lol::lol: where's the white flag?

The server was action packed... every one was happy...

AND THEN...
Screenshot 2020-11-30 231755.png

@saXXXon came and destroyed everyone's hopes and dreams in under 25 laps! :lol: Amazing Lap!
Great to see @mteam and some of the CAC team joining in too 👍

There are a few hours left to try and defeat @saXXXon time on this rotation, come on @norms you were closest last time :D

It will be back on rotation in a few hours, you can see all the lap times, best laps, schedules and rotations here:

Last edited:

looks fun

is it possible for someone to please make me a wheel_blur of this wheel? Its from the Apple skin for the IMSA GTO. It needs to be in 1024x1024 please.

Attachments

• GTOwheel.png
    GTOwheel.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 21
Anyone else tried out Glasshouse's bug eyed Sprite that he released on Racedepartment earlier today? Took it for a test drive and its lots of fun :)

Quite a well put together mod with good skins and custom sounds by Pessio for that A series engine. He is also looking for some help with improving it further with changing driver models, some more 3D work along with other general improvements for future planned updates.

Been a fun weekend for AC!

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1958-1961-austin-healey-sprite.37250/

View attachment 973467
Here the updated version of the Clio Cup, featuring new physics and an optimized soundbank by our RealAKP.
It should provide lots of fun! :)

Renault Clio R.S. Cup X98

Version 2.0 - Released 2020.11.30

CHANGELOG
- new aero with height sensitivity
- new engine torque
- new suspensions geometry and setup
- corrected car total mass
- revised car polar inertia
- corrected steer lock and ratio
- corrected fuel tank position
- tweaked gearbox config
- added downshift protection
- tweaked brakes config
- corrected tyres static pressure
- increased FFb multiplier
- optimized soundbank by RealAKP

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hope you'll enjoy it!
Welome back, dude! I look forward to testing this and some of your other updated cars in the next couple of days!

Wow.... beamNG.... well that is the best £15 i ever spent. What a nice early Christmas present, why did i wait so long?!

Have you tried Automation? You can design your own cars and export them, then import and drive them in BeamNG. I haven't tried it yet myself. I seem to recall seeing somebody posting about converting the Automation cars into AC cars. If that could be done programmatically it'd open up some great possibilities for "manufacturers' championships" where people could design to a formula and race the cars.

is it possible for someone to please make me a wheel_blur of this wheel? Its from the Apple skin for the IMSA GTO. It needs to be in 1024x1024 please.

I've never done one, but I guess it's just a radial blur intense just enough to still keep some detail.
It's 800x800, as that was the pixel size of the file you uploaded. Since it's a blur texture it shouldn't make a huge difference.
Tell me how it goes:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ek7mrjpbk7wmxi3/blured-GTOWheel.rar/file

Last edited:
Wow soulkobk !
Your Alfa 33 T12 skins are excellent. Thank you.

Cheers.

Wow soulkobk !
do you think you could create a couple of "Cinzano" liveries with whatever car numbers you want to put on them?

Possibly... sure. Give me some reference photo's of what you are after in the way of style, logos/brands, etc, and i'll see what i can do. :)

See attached file (this is what you were after?).

Cheers,

soulkobk

Attachments

• GTOwheel_blur.png
    GTOwheel_blur.png
    83 KB · Views: 24
Cheers.

Possibly... sure. Give me some reference photo's of what you are after in the way of style, logos/brands, etc, and i'll see what i can do. :)

You guys are all awesome. Thank you for the help.

Cheers,

soulkobk
Yes, perfect. Thank you so much.
I've never done one, but I guess it's just a radial blur intense just enough to still keep some detail.
It's 800x800, as that was the pixel size of the file you uploaded. Since it's a blur texture it shouldn't make a huge difference.
Tell me how it goes:

Cheers.

Cheers,

soulkobk

This is perfect Soulkobk! Thank you so much

Thank you for giving it a shot. I appreciate the effort.

Tell me how it goes:

Thank you for the file. This is exactly what I wanted. Bravo guys!

Last edited by a moderator:

AND THEN...
View attachment 975354

@saXXXon came and destroyed everyone's hopes and dreams in under 25 laps! :lol: Amazing Lap!

There are a few hours left to try and defeat @saXXXon time on this rotation, come on @norms you were closest last time :D

It will be back on rotation in a few hours, you can see all the lap times, best laps, schedules and rotations here:

OK!

Next mod no more Wipers but nails launch......

nails.jpg

Chiodi.jpg

You can say that I need to be ahead to do it..... and you will be right....but I'll wait you in pit....and then I'll come out.....and it will be the end....:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

P.S.
Wonderful server nice people everything perfect and sure enjoy :gtpflag:

Last edited:
GTOwheel_blur__1024x1024.png

Here's an alternate motion-blur file (PNG and DDS) 👍
Rename file to zip-format (remove '__,txt')

edit: now in 1024x1024

Attachments

• GTOwheel_blur__1024x1024.zip__.txt
    1 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

AND THEN...
View attachment 975354

I confirm great fun :cheers::cheers::cheers: from the beginning to the end, for everyone who is bored with the current form of the forum and I want to relax to enter and spin better and better times.
If you don't have a steering wheel, don't worry about anything, you can make a good time on the Xbox pad too ;)

Greetings !!

kind of a mod?! I designed and printed up a spare wheel mount for my fanatec quick release wheels. Will put the file on my thingiverses later for those of you that have 80x40 rigs and fanatec, works GREAT. If anyone wants the STL message me.

EDIT: FIle for those that want it. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4671146

View attachment 975433
View attachment 975434
View attachment 975435

GOOD JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's very clean 👍
I have this, this also exists for Fanatec QR

20201201_104156.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back