Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,091 comments
Do you have anything other than static noise to contribute?
You owe me a new keyboard, I just spit whiskey through my nose onto mine..!

@RMi_wood Fo Shizzle dude...? did you ever manage to extract the textures from the "other" Ibarra? The one I am working on is not good man... and AC really needs a good ibarra, if not, no stress I'll rip some sat images and longhand it.
upload_2020-12-5_15-58-19.png

A couple weeks ago a conversion of Hampton Downs from rFactor 2 showed up on RaceDepartment and was removed shortly after. I grabbed the track and it's really good, definitely the best version of Hampton Downs we have in AC, but I didn't happen to see who did the conversion. What's the story with it's removal? (I'm assuming it was a conversion released with ripped assets or something) Does anyone know where this thing came from?

Here's the track: https://sharemods.com/llig7fcosjiy/hampton_downs.7z.html

Note: this is not an update of Terra21's version, this is completely different, despite having the same folder name unfortunately, so make sure you back up the old one in case you want to keep it for some reason.

Last edited:
@RMi_wood Fo Shizzle dude...? did you ever manage to extract the textures from the "other" Ibarra? The one I am working on is not good man... and AC really needs a good ibarra, if not, no stress I'll rip some sat images and longhand it.
I just extracted the AMS textures, they are all arbitrary named like 00a110e0.dds

let me continue to try with the rF2 package
(only one of two packages were decrypted) This track was a DLC.

anyway... 500mb of textures... check your PM/DM

Last edited:
I just extracted the AMS textures, they are all arbitrary named like 00a110e0.dds

let me continue to try with the rF2 package
(one package was decrypted) This track was a DLC?

anyway... 500mb of textures... check your PM/DM

There is a different version of that track, other than AMS one?

A couple weeks ago a conversion of Hampton Downs from rFactor 2 showed up on RaceDepartment and was removed shortly after. I grabbed the track and it's really good, definitely the best version of Hampton Downs we have in AC, but I didn't happen to see who did the conversion. What's the story with it's removal? (I'm assuming it was a conversion released with ripped assets or something) Does anyone know where this thing came from?.

pretty much, he said so in the description:
"a conversion of the rf2 track to Assetto corsa, expanded to three version , International ,National and the club circuits, does contain sum original kunos track marshals. This isnt mine in anyway , I didnt make it at all."

He didn´t ask for permission either but hey, at least we got the three layouts, unlike the rf2 version ._.

The Autódromo Internacional de Yahuarcocha
technically, yes:
https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/the-reiza-rfactor-2-bundle-is-here.5791/

One of the best tracks in Rf2 IMO. Reiza outdid themselves. the animated trackside cars, water, track feel and texture etc. just awesome.
I am trying to get the current version to this state, but, I do not think its possible, a full rip of the rf2 version would be required, the original AMS one was quite lacking in comparison.

As @slider666 says, screenshots go in the screenshots thread. You can inform people of a new mod that you have made in this thread, posting loads of images will not be tolerated.

Also

So, I've made a new mod, how many screenshots of it can I post in the PC Mods General Discussion thread.

If the mod in it's unfinished form is available on my Patreon, i'm not allowed to inform users of that fact in the post that shows the mod?

In this case, where is the line drawn on posting mods that are 'work in progress' as they are unavailable for users to download, but also not able to be be purchased. So therefore it's technically posting pictures of something somebody cant have... yet. So can you only post like 3 pictures of something you're working on?

Can you post one picture and say well you could get it now, its not finished, but I can't tell you where you can get it?

If i'm working on a mod I can show pictures, but not too many. If it's available in early access I can not show pictures as its soliciting? If it's payware I cant mention it at all?

This situation still needs some clearing up tbh.

Last edited:
Kremer K8. This is my personal 'wishlist' of cars I'd like to convert to AC :

rRzrweo.png

Cruel lack of 90s LMPs in this game.

the k8 was based on the old 962, the gunnar one was the k7 if i remeber well. They raced the k8 until 1998. The TWR one was run by joest, that's another story

Ahhh okay thanks lads and seeing these cars give me nostalgia to Le mans 24 hours. The Courage C36, R391 the WSC-95, the respol lola 98 etc. Honestly seeing them cars in AC will be getting me le mans 24 hours grid bigger. (includes all from the dreamcast and the PS2/PC version)

So, I've made a new mod, how many screenshots of it can I post in the PC Mods General Discussion thread.

If the mod in it's unfinished form is available on my Patreon, i'm not allowed to inform users of that fact in the post that shows the mod?

In this case, where is the line drawn on posting mods that are 'work in progress' as they are unavailable for users to download, but also not able to be be purchased. So therefore it's technically posting pictures of something somebody cant have... yet. So can you only post like 3 pictures of something you're working on?

Can you post one picture and say well you could get it now, its not finished, but I can't tell you where you can get it?

If i'm working on a mod I can show pictures, but not too many. If it's available in early access I can not show pictures as its soliciting? If it's payware I cant mention it at all?

This situation still needs some clearing up tbh.
Not everything needs a written rule. 1 person forced the issue and he's no longer here.

Ahhh okay thanks lads and seeing these cars give me nostalgia to Le mans 24 hours. The Courage C36, R391 the WSC-95, the respol lola 98 etc. Honestly seeing them cars in AC will be getting me le mans 24 hours grid bigger. (includes all from the dreamcast and the PS2/PC version)

If I ever manage to port them ahah. I can easily export the textures, but transforming that stuff into a working car, well... Let's say it hasn't been a success so far. I'm bloody ***** at this.

Last edited:
One of the best tracks in Rf2 IMO. Reiza outdid themselves. the animated trackside cars, water, track feel and texture etc. just awesome.
I am trying to get the current version to this state, but, I do not think its possible, a full rip of the rf2 version would be required, the original AMS one was quite lacking in comparison.

Great that you are working on this ! Amazing track. Would be great to have updated version in AC

Hi all!

Does someone have a link for the old STCC pack ehich was mentioned by @Tibi?

I would appriciate it.

It was an old mod. You can download each car from Assetto-db:
For example the corolla: http://assetto-db.com/car/ag_stcc_corolla
It was converted by assettogarage.

I think 1-2 year ago these cars re-released in a STCC pack (I saw it in VK mod page, but now delete there)

I think the newest versions of the cars are downloadable from Assettoland.

hello dear friends.

do you have mclaren f1 gtr in the original kunos vehicles of this game? i have the ultimate edition version but this car does not exist. does it have to be

I think you need to repair the object. It doesn't seem like a transparency problem. The object lacks polygons and normals

probably this exaust have onlyu 1 face, and the normal is the external
use another exaust

thank you I will try, this is the exhaust from the M235 from Kunos, really I can´t see why in the original car its working fine, but in the new car get this problem...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back