Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,804 comments
The vote results are in..
rf2
MAASTRICHT 10%
Pikes Peak HC 16% (AC avail)
Portland 2019 28% (this or Vanport is being secretly converted)
The Bend 23 17% (AC avail by "legion"?)

rf
Sebring 1970 28% (AC avail)
Lake Superior 13%
Long Beach 2006 17% **
ROC Gran Canaria 8%
Batisburg 7%

gtr2
LongBeach 79 30% **
Santa Fe.TC2000 13%
Grand Valley 12%
Cannonball Run 15%

The suggestions were:
Nivelles-Baulers - gtr2
Lienz - rF *there is an assetto version from rFactor
Thermalito - rf
Nelson ledges - rf/gtr2 (this hasnt been done?)
Silverstone 90's - AMS *need source/done?

-ciruito de Navarra
-clermont ferrand (classic version from rfactor not the one from racedepartment)
-marrakech - WTCC - *another name?
-Lemans 2019 - rF2 (is this paid DLC?)

(have none of these been done?)
Castle.Combe.2005.v2.0.GTR2 (chicane-less version)
Oakes.Field.v1.2.GTR2
OldIrelandRing.GTR2
ParamountRanch for GTR2
Sears.Point.v1.01.GTR2 *isnt this Sonoma?
Jovite60s_PhilRob.GTR2
Thunderhill.Park.v0.9.GTR2
Donnybrooke Speedway (WiP by @gutbomb )
Preluk.1974.v1.01.GTR2
Torino_1955.GTR

Millbrook Proving Ground
Longcross Test Track

Ok,
- Which versions of Long Beach have not been done that have the best source?
- no remakes unless source is better (or done as paid rip / crappy quality)
- provide source links for requests (example: Washington RFK)
- I prefer doing odd, strange, fun, city and different style tracks most, rather than real circuits. (mby Oval, Hillclimb or ROC)

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I have a question. I´m fairly new to Assetto Corsa (coming over from PCars 1,2) and I love the variety of the user created addons.
But honestly, a lot of the addon cars look great but the handling is often very dissapointing unrealistic in comparison with the original Kunos cars.
I don´t want to say that the Kunos cars are the greatest handlingwise but they are understandable in terms of reaction at least.
Is it difficult to take the physics of a original Kunos car and add them to a addon car?
How do you do it? I am completely new to modding. Thanks :)

Obviously the real thing is harder to drive than the mod

Fatty Arbuckle jumped the start there, so you can't hardly blame the car. Actually, the Zakspeed Capri was one of the only cars I could drive in the DRM mod. A ride of the Valkyries, really; quite a handful.

Last edited:
The vote results are in..
rf2
MAASTRICHT 10%
Pikes Peak HC 16% (AC avail)
Portland 2019 28% (this or Vanport is being secretly converted)
The Bend 23 17% (AC avail by "legion"?)

rf
Sebring 1970 28% (AC avail)
Lake Superior 13%
Long Beach 2006 17% **
ROC Gran Canaria 8%
Batisburg 7%

gtr2
LongBeach 79 30% **
Santa Fe.TC2000 13%
Grand Valley 12%
Cannonball Run 15%

The Cannonball Run? All 2,850 miles of it? Really? Where, exactly, might I find this gem?

Wow!Didn't expect this one.Whats different than the old version?I really liked it.I haven't tried this one yet.

Porsche 964 Carrera RSR (V0.1) (New version)

Link : https://mega.nz/file/cRB2BTSB#ojdVz9KmVIq0rQDVX558kuWOdMQFT_fXFbK-A8V-nkQ

1607282327-showroom-porsche-964-carrera-rsr-6-11-2020-19-48-41.jpg

Enjoy !

Hey Guys, I have a question. I´m fairly new to Assetto Corsa (coming over from PCars 1,2) and I love the variety of the user created addons.
But honestly, a lot of the addon cars look great but the handling is often very dissapointing unrealistic in comparison with the original Kunos cars.
I don´t want to say that the Kunos cars are the greatest handlingwise but they are understandable in terms of reaction at least.
Is it difficult to take the physics of a original Kunos car and add them to a addon car?

You can replace physics by replacing a car's data (data.acd or data-folder) with another car's data. But to do it properly is not that simple. The amount of adjustments needed depends on how similar the cars are. I'm a moron modding-wise but I've managed to fix for example broken suspensions by borrowing it from another car, so it's not rocket science.

Sim Traxx half-finished???? half-assed?? NOOO Imposible!! :)

If memory do not fail to me, you say me the coma thing when I tried the VR googles and I was several days deciding if return the device or not. Those several days I stoped my posting here. Well, sometimes our memory create an alternative fake reality that never happened. May be my case.

Being a SimTraxx member, I do agree with your and Mascot's comments. I am in the process of downloading the new Autobahn circuit track recently released. I will now see how far along this new track is and if there is a valid working pit area and can the AI race decently. Will let you know soon. take care.

PS: There is also a M1 circuit track, but not released yet.

shi
Autopolis Oita v0.89
converted from rfactor2.
View attachment 976577
View attachment 976578
- CSP required
- 28 pit/start
- 2 layout (International, short)
- GrassFX, RainFX

Need help!;
- For some reason the AI cannot be created in short layout.
- Realistic Replay Cam

Credits & Thanks;
・ @Katsuo, the author of the rfactor original version and gave me permission
・ @I.Bellett, the author of the rfactor2 converted vertion and gave me permission
@shi (shin956), Track convert
@KevinK2, AI
@ckkjw398, cam (Super Formula 2020)
You do know that - when starting practice from starting line - the car falls through the world ?

Thanks for doing what needed to be done.
Not entirely happy though with the sudden changes in temp but it does bring what they initially had for tyres closer to the optimal temps.
I'm considering trying to use a temp structure that works already. Let's say the RSS GT1 pack. The tyres on those cars gradually come to temp and stay there until you sit still. They don't overheat, the left side tyres don't abruptly get cold because you've made two right hand turns in a row.

The cool factor in tyres.ini was 0.8 for fronts and 1.0 for rears and the tcurve adjustments can be copied and pasted into all the other cars files. I've found that some of the cars the cool factor needs to be tailored to the car. The values in the BMW I shared work pretty good but put them in the Toyotas and the tyres overheat. Need to raise the cool factor a bit. Say Front: 1.0 and rear: 1.2. It's a little bit of work but makes the pack much more usable.

Fatty Arbuckle jumped the start there, so you can't hardly blame the car. Actually, the Zakspeed Capri was one of the only cars I could drive in the DRM mod. A ride of the Valkyries, really; quite a handful.

Glad i'm not the only one that can only drive the Capri well. I really can't drive the m1 turbo nor the Porsches (all of them)

if it's like the 1995 pack, it may well be deleted quickly ah ah ah
I agree with you that they're not very special at all. They need to be reworked a bit to make them usable. I took some ques from VRC and RSS and brought a little life into them. It's all we have for INDY back-dated models and being a fan of INDY, it's fun to make them work.

@RMi_wood @TonyBarracuda @Fanapryde

Zhejiang=--it's a technical and challenging track (similar to Ahvenisto) but it's rewarding once you learn it. The version of Zhejiang for Raceroom Racing Experience is very nice, and quite an experience to drive. While the track seems correct in this AC version, it's hard to appreciate it after driving it in RRE with all the detail and quality.

I hope someone could give it the love this nice and unique track deserves, for an improved AC version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:

You can start with a similar (Kunos-) car and change over real data from Your car. You can find real data here for example:
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/
Most difficult thing is to get suspensions roughly right.
Content manager gives You visual feedback of position of suspension, wheels, fueltank, wings and maybe more, which is also very helpful.

Formula Grand Prix - Update v 1.1

Hi guys! First of all I would like to thank all of you for the good response that this mod had in the past days
upload_2020-12-7_18-55-35.gif

Secondly... here it is the first important update. I highly suggest to download it. It's mainly a graphical update but it makes the mod look better and it has also some bug fixes.

__custom_showroom_1607258539-jpg.425160

__custom_showroom_1607363524-jpg.425163

• Added a carbon cover in the inside of the tyre... it gives a more "realistic" look to the car, now it seems that it has also a sort of "brake hub".. I know that the original car didn't have anything like this but I concluded that this was a necessary compromise for a better looking mod.
  • Front wing model has been improved (it was too straight in the past version)
  • Bigger mirrors
  • Improved body UV mapping
  • Improved helmet design and UV mapping
  • Added individual gloves and suit colors (Also the crew is different for each team)
  • Front and rear wings are now part of the visual damage system, the will bend or oscillate after a collision
  • Fixed the back pit/rain light of the car (previously it had the wrong texture)
  • Improved lower lods.
  • Fixed a bug with the Car Radar app not showing the car icon, now it is fixed. (you will need to clean the app cache in /Documents/Assetto Corsa/apps/carRadar to make it work. Just remove the grand_prix_racer folder in it)
  • I included also skin and helmet templates. Still a a sort of wip tho.

I was also thinking to add exhaust flames but in Assetto Corsa you need to create a different car for each team if you wish to change the flame direction depending on the selected skin.. It would've been just a useless work. The other option was to put the flames on the Ferrari exhausts, but the other cars would have had flames on the wrong place, resulting in some "ghost flames" effect... definitely not nice. So I will continue without flames (as it was in the original game)

Cheers!

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-7_18-55-35.gif
    upload_2020-12-7_18-55-35.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 20
Last edited:
Hello guys ! I have a problem with the AI in Trial Mountain, the cars do not move at the start of the race, they are stopped on the grid or barely move. Does anyone know of any fixes for this problem?

Another question. Is there an update to the beautiful Gentrack1 track?
Maybe @Masscot knows something about it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back