Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,118 comments
@Masccot, the M3 E46 I represent is an SMG II. It has paddles, so SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0. But if someone wants to drive it like the manual version, you can change 0 to 1 (the gear ratios are the same). I know there are some archives in the folders that are nor needed, but don´t have so many time to look for those things. Sorry :)
I did see that in the naming convention but it seems like the non-SMG version might be more appropriate for this model as it's got no paddles, a normal gated shifter and a manual shifting animation to match. And who in their right mind would choose the numbness of paddles over the viscerality of a clutch and h-gate..? ;)

Removing redundant stuff from the car folder is pretty standard to do before releasing a car and it only takes a few seconds. Not everyone remembers to do it but it is appreciated (as is upping the release version or adding update notes) because by doing it once before release you're saving everyone who downloads the car from having to do it themselves (and maybe borking the car accidentally at the same time).
:)

Croft Circuit Rain FX (Cozy61) ext_config.ini
This is my first attempt at creating a RainFX config so be gentle, please
Screenshot_mini_jcw_challenge_croft (Large).jpg
It is for the Croft circuit by Terra 21
Croft Circuit
Croft Circuit is a motor racing circuit located near Dalton-on-Tees in North Yorkshire, England. The tarmac circuit is just over 2 miles (3 km) long and is based on the lands of an airfield, but has long since moved on from being a basic airfield...
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/croft-circuit.16806/

Installation Help
1. Create a new ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
2. Copy the text below and paste
3. Save as ext_config.ini in track/extension folder (create one if there isn't one)
4. Hopefully it works for you and you can enjoy
Screenshot (468).png
[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 9th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, no config for Terra21 version - My first attempt at RainFX View attachment 983627

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ROAD_MAIN_FR_WET, DIRT_IN01, DARKROAD_WET, ROADEDGE_PARKBACK02_WET, ROAD_TRACKMAIN_PARKBACK_WET, PATCH_ROAD2_WET, PATCH_ROAD_WET, BLOCKS_CONCRETE_WET, ROADEDGE_TRACKMAIN_CROSS04_WET, ROAD_MAIN_UP3_WET, ROAD_MAIN_UP2_WET, HOLES_ROAD_WET, ROAD_TRACKMAIN_PIT_STOP_WET, ROAD_TRACKMAIN_PIT_OUT_L_WET
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ROAD_MAIN_FR_WET, DIRT_IN01, DARKROAD_WET, ROADEDGE_PARKBACK02_WET, ROAD_TRACKMAIN_PARKBACK_WET, PATCH_ROAD2_WET, PATCH_ROAD_WET, BLOCKS_CONCRETE_WET, ROADEDGE_TRACKMAIN_CROSS04_WET, ROAD_MAIN_UP3_WET, ROAD_MAIN_UP2_WET, HOLES_ROAD_WET, ROAD_TRACKMAIN_PIT_STOP_WET, ROAD_TRACKMAIN_PIT_OUT_L_WET
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = CAR2X, UPDATE_WOODHAUSE, UPDATE_TIREWALL2, UPDATE_TIREWALL3, marshall, FENCE_RACING, RMBLPATCH_RUMBLES, FILLERS, SAFETY_GUARD01, UPDATE_SIGN_DETAILS, UPDATE_SAFE02, UPDATE_BRICK, KPH, UPDATE_ROOF, BRICKSM, SPONSOR_09, MATERIAL #30283518, LOGOS, UPDATE_SAFE02
ROUGH_MATERIALS = CROFTGRASS, runoofblended, DIRTPATCH, DIRT_IN01, GRASS_MULTI_2, ROAD_BORD_WET
LINES_MATERIALS = UPDATE_LINE, RUMBLES

Last edited:
I did see that in the naming convention but it seems like the non-SMG version might be more appropriate for this model as it's got no paddles, a normal gated shifter and a manual shifting animation to match. And who in their right mind would choose the numbness of paddles over the viscerality of a clutch and h-gate..? ;)

The car is a weird mixture of both: manual and SMG II. It has a clutch pedal and the numbers 1 to 6 written on the gear knob, but also it has the gear knob from an SMG, it has the gear display on the dash and the button for selecting the gear change speed placed behind the gear lever.

I prefered to do it SMG because I´ll be releasing an M3 E36 3.0 286 cv and that has a manual 5 speed transmission, so you can feel more the difference between those two generations (old school vs entering into the new wave) ;) :)

CM and virus warnings can be caused by many things, and CM certainly CAN be seen as a "virus" with suspicious activity.
I dont run AV but lets look at what CM, a single EXE does:

- udp/tcp server
- can "open" a connection, initiate a connection
- encryption algorithms
- compression component
- embeded html/js
- writes to registry
- its made in .ru
- havent checked, but the exe itself may be compressed.

all of these attributes in a single exe can cause alerts for "suspicious activity"

seeing a log on what your AV "thinks" its doing would be interesting

I uploaded it to Virus Total:
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...8b1a0ad191fb831c86fc115dde94b02efb7/detection

jotti scan:
https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-GB/filescanjob/75hsrv1fy3

Last edited:
This is the great Porsche GT2 RS 2018 by Kass.
Can somebody fix it for rainfx?

Please!

Hello Modders,
can anybody help to make the wipers work and to get it rainfx-ready (windshield-fix).
turn signals would also be interesting.
If nobody like to do it, can anybody give me contact to M.Kass who converted this file?

THank you modders for answers,
Andreas

Attachments

• Screenshot_porsche_911_gt2_rs_2018_ddm_fujimi_kaido_9-0-121-15-6-25.jpg
    Screenshot_porsche_911_gt2_rs_2018_ddm_fujimi_kaido_9-0-121-15-6-25.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hey guys! :-)

Would it be possible, that someone of you makes a RAIN_FX and seasonal changeing to: Bilster Berg v0.99 (20191014) as well as some sick CamTool2 replays?

I love this "hard to find" Track by Fat-Alfie and drive on it really often, so it would be great to have some new fun with these updates. :-)

If you're able to do it and don't have the track, please DM me. :-)

Cheers

R.

Attachments

• preview.png
    preview.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 35
Hi All. Has anybody done the wiper config for the Kunos Mazda 787B and the Mercedes C9.
Also is there a Rain config for Le Mans 1985. Many thanks.

Create a new folder called "extension" in ks_mercedes_c9 and a new file called ext_config.ini then and put these values here:

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE=GEO_Glass_SUB1
WIPERS=GEO_wiper_brush

Mazda 787 also the same procedure:

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE=polymsh_detached14
WIPERS=polymsh_detached23

upload_2021-1-9_21-32-32.png

I did help with the skin pack only to blackcelica. I'm not the author of the mod. I'm sharing under Enver's permission.

What I experinced is:
- Grip and track is better.
- Has night lights.
- Grass is good enough for my taste.
- Rain? I didn't used it ever. So on that one you'll be the experinced one.
- GT4s, F1s and some other fast car mods are work better with it. (No China or Malaysia slipperyness i mean)
- Skin is a good +
- Also with good AI, DRS and other stuff, I prefer this one.

And yes all of İstanbul Park's are same base F1 2011 (Actually GRID)... but ACU's version has some lighting issues on grandstands. I don't like that look. So, you can download and judge it by yourself. It's not switch ACU track or it's data.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I just want to check, did you actually download and test the track I linked to? It's quite far removed from the ACU original and has been changed a LOT, so I was wondering if your comments might have been based on the much older ACU original?
If you subjectively prefer the other track then nobody can argue with that but it seems placebo or confirmation bias might be influencing some of your reasons, if they are based on the track I linked to:

- Grip and track is better.
Grip is absolutely identical on both tracks, FRICTION=0.99, so a little higher than Kunos recommended specs but exactly the same for both. I guess ACU originally set this and nobody's bothered changing it.
- Has night lights.
I actually get no night lights at all on your track but maybe the config hasn't downloaded from the Github or something, but there is definitely full track lighting (including digital flags) on the version I linked to. You can see the lighting config in the track folder.
- Grass is good enough for my taste.
General consensus is that GrassFX is a huge improvement over flat textures or old vanilla strip tufts, so it's possible your view won't be shared by many.
- Rain? I didn't used it ever. So on that one you'll be the experinced one.
OK, that's fine for you but it's not just you that'll be using this track. RainFX prep is getting requested more and more and is kind of expected now by default. Just look at all the requests in this thread for RainFX configs, and those are only going to increase when RainFX is included in the public release of CSP which should be any time soon... ish. Maybe. Hopefully.
- Skin is a good +
...and easily copied to the other track in a few seconds if it's a deal-breaker.
- Also with good AI, DRS and other stuff, I prefer this one.
Not sure what the 'other stuff' is and if DRS is missing then fine, but I actually prefer the AI on the track I linked to so again, personal preference. Again, the AI is probably interchangeable between the different tracks anyway.

Choice is always nice so it's a good job both tracks exist. I think there are actually at least five Instanbuls doing the rounds all based on ACU's original conversion, so I'm sure everyone will be able find their favourite.
Edit: and maybe someone will combine the best of these two tracks to give us the definitive version.

Last edited:
First of all, a big thank you to GR-Evolution, creator of the original model for RBR.

__custom_showroom_1610045758.jpg

Find this and other great mods for RBR at www.gr-evolution.com

---------

Fiesta WRC 2019 for AC in beta 0.2

It is only a first step, but the journey always begins with one step.

contains 3 versions with 3 different lights combinations with various skins.

No rainFX at the moment but I'm working on it together with the other cars, along with various corrections.

--------------
soon...

ezgif-3-3658403be79b.gif

New Image.jpg

The sound are by Bitto69 in version 0.5 at the moment.

Link:

Last edited:
Create a new folder called "extension" in ks_mercedes_c9 and a new file called ext_config.ini then and put these values here:

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE=GEO_Glass_SUB1
WIPERS=GEO_wiper_brush

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]

View attachment 983661
Thanks for these. The C9 wipes the glass well (apart from an odd pause at the top of the sweep) but the 787 seems to miss most of the drops for some reason.
(CSP 0.1.72-preview1)

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]
SURFACE=GEO_Glass_SUB1
WIPERS=GEO_wiper_brush

[WIPERS_TRACE_...]

View attachment 983661
Brilliant. Will do. Many thanks.

Hi All. Has anybody done the wiper config for the Kunos Mazda 787B and the Mercedes C9.
Also is there a Rain config for Le Mans 1985. Many thanks.

View attachment 983661

My Kunos Mazda 787B had no problems wiping the rain away without the fix, but your fix worked for the Merc C9, thanks Fall Guy! Ken134, I'm wondering if you maybe are referring to another version of the Mazda (might have been labeled a GT?), that didn't have wipers at all. Since rain became, I switched back from that one to the Kunos and all's well.

Last edited:
My Kunos Mazda 787B had no problems wiping the rain away without the fix, but your fix worked for the Merc C9, thanks Fall Guy! Ken134, I'm wondering if you maybe are referring to another version of the Mazda (might have been labeled a GT?), that didn't have wipers at all. Since rain became, I switched back from that one to the Kunos and all's well.

You´re right, the 787B has this rainfx already included in it´s own ini file. So basically there is no need to included this again in a separate ext_config.ini, since the values are the same. @Ken134 maybe you are referring to the 787B which was available at RD before it became the official Kunos DLC?

Last edited:

Hi. I tried the Kunos Mazda but the rain drops were acting weird when wiping. There is a wiper trace config
in extension/ Config/Cars loaded but I will try the new one. Hopefully it is fixed.

Hi. I tried the Kunos Mazda but the rain drops were acting weird when wiping. There is a wiper trace config
in extension/ Config/Cars loaded but I will try the new one. Hopefully it is fixed.
The 787's wiper is fubar. The motion is weird, it hardly touches the raindrops and the 'unwiped area pattern' bears no relation to the arc that the wiper actually describes.
The wiper itself also looks like something off a 1970s mini, it looks far too spindly for the job asked of it.
Needs a total rework IMO, including the wiper arm and blade model.

Last edited:
Choice is always nice so it's a good job both tracks exist. I think there are actually at least five Instanbuls doing the rounds all based on ACU's original conversion, so I'm sure everyone will be able find their favourite.
Edit: and maybe someone will combine the best of these two tracks to give us the definitive version.

I´m all for choice, but I don´t really get why people seem so fixated on making "new versions" of the same tracks (mostly for F1 circuits, for whatever reason) whose changes could easilly be done through a new config or a few mb -sized expansion (skins and drs).
There´s like 5 different versions of every F1 track and only a few actually fix the main issues and integrate the configs/features of the other "versions" :confused:

(I couldn´t find the config for this "new" istanbul either)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back