Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
I´m all for choice, but I don´t really get why people seem so fixated on making "new versions" of the same tracks (mostly for F1 circuits, for whatever reason) whose changes could easilly be done through a new config or a few mb -sized expansion (skins and drs).
There´s like 5 different versions of every F1 track and only a few actually fix the main issues and integrate the configs/features of the other "versions" :confused:

(I couldn´t find the config for this "new" istanbul either)
Yeah, it gets a bit confusing. I find I have to decide which one to keep and bin the others pretty quickly or I'm left with several versions with no idea which one's the best when I come to use that track in the future.

First of all, a big thank you to GR-Evolution, creator of the original model for RBR.

View attachment 983662

Find this and other great mods for RBR at www.gr-evolution.com

---------

Fiesta WRC 2019 for AC in beta 0.2

It is only a first step, but the journey always begins with one step.

contains 3 versions with 3 different lights combinations with various skins.

No rainFX at the moment but I'm working on it together with the other cars, along with various corrections.

--------------
soon...

View attachment 983663
View attachment 983665

The sound are by Bitto69 in version 0.5 at the moment.

Link:

Thanks for this and personally I can't wait to test the other ones, so thank you so much for your work. Hope to see also some special stages maybe the one ported from VR game that someone talked about a few pages back

RainFX config for (Reboot Team) Knockhill 2017 circuit
(Reboot Team) Knockhill 2017 circuit
http://assettomods.com/knockhill-2017-reboot-project/
Works with this custom championship
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...jcw-challenge-2020-custom-championship.37927/
Screenshot_mini_jcw_challenge_knockhill2017.jpg

Installation Help
1. Create a new ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor

2. Copy the text below and paste at the bottom of the Knockhill2017.ini located in extension\config\tracks\loaded or at https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/tree/master/config/tracks

3. Save as ext_config.ini in track/extension folder (create one if there isn't one) or as knockhill2017.ini in the yourpc:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks

4. Download the knockhill2017__extras.kn5 file from the same place and copy into track folder or yourpc:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks\loaded

5. On the original Knockhill.ini add these two entries (in bold) to make the grass darker and look more natural

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_36]
MATERIALS = GRASS_KNO, bushes, bankgrass
KEY_0 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_0 = 0.2
OFF_VALUE_0 = 0.2
KEY_1 = ksAmbient
VALUE_1 = 0.3
OFF_VALUE_1 = 0.4
ACTIVE = 1

6. Hopefully it works for you and you can enjoy

Screenshot (471).png

Optional - Add this if you want to it helps to avoid conflicts if you are using the extension/ext.config in just your track folder (make sure you check GITHUB for updates periodically)

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Optional - Copy/Paste to the beginning of existing Knockhill2017.ini

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61 RainFX original config by LittleYing993
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 9thJanuary2021 / 12Mar2019
LIGHTS_COUNT = 200ish
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, My 2nd attempt at RainFX Original has Season support added;

Copy/Paste to the end of existing Knockhill2017.ini
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ASPH_TRACKMAIN_WET, DIRTROAD, ASPH_GREEN2_WET, ASPH_GREEN_WET, ASPH_TRACKMAIN2_WET
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ASPH_TRACKMAIN_WET, DIRTROAD, ASPH_TRACKMAIN2_WET
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ADVERTS2, TWAL_CANVAS, PITWALL, STARTHUT, grail.001SFBRDGA, LOGOCLYDA, Vehicles, BLDGA01, MARSPSTD, MARSPSTC, ADVERTS1, PCRB_CURBSA_WET, WHLINE, ROAD_SAUS, BLDG_02A, TWAL_TECPRO, sponsors, TOWER, Nissan_Atlas_2007, MB_Sprinter_2014, grail_2, CONEOP, livvy, KNO_PREPIT, PITWALLX, KNO_PREPITB, KNO_PITINBOX, grail.001, KNO_GARAGE, FENCEHORZ, FENCEVERTB, BLDGARA01
ROUGH_MATERIALS = bushes, material__25, ASPH_GREEN2_WET, ASPH_GREEN_WET, GRAVEL_BLEND, GRASS3, GRASS2, GRASS_TYRE, GRASS_KNO, bankgrass, INPATH
LINES_MATERIALS = PCRB_CURBSA_WET, ROAD_SAUS, WHLINE

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed reply. I just want to check, did you actually download and test the track I linked to? It's quite far removed from the ACU original and has been changed a LOT, so I was wondering if your comments might have been based on the much older ACU original?
If you subjectively prefer the other track then nobody can argue with that but it seems placebo or confirmation bias might be influencing some of your reasons, if they are based on the track I linked to:

- Grip and track is better.
Grip is absolutely identical on both tracks, FRICTION=0.99, so a little higher than Kunos recommended specs but exactly the same for both. I guess ACU originally set this and nobody's bothered changing it.
- Has night lights.
I actually get no night lights at all on your track but maybe the config hasn't downloaded from the Github or something, but there is definitely full track lighting (including digital flags) on the version I linked to. You can see the lighting config in the track folder.
- Grass is good enough for my taste.
General consensus is that GrassFX is a huge improvement over flat textures or old vanilla strip tufts, so it's possible your view won't be shared by many.
- Rain? I didn't used it ever. So on that one you'll be the experinced one.
OK, that's fine for you but it's not just you that'll be using this track. RainFX prep is getting requested more and more and is kind of expected now by default. Just look at all the requests in this thread for RainFX configs, and those are only going to increase when RainFX is included in the public release of CSP which should be any time soon... ish. Maybe. Hopefully.
- Skin is a good +
...and easily copied to the other track in a few seconds if it's a deal-breaker.
- Also with good AI, DRS and other stuff, I prefer this one.
Not sure what the 'other stuff' is and if DRS is missing then fine, but I actually prefer the AI on the track I linked to so again, personal preference. Again, the AI is probably interchangeable between the different tracks anyway.

Choice is always nice so it's a good job both tracks exist. I think there are actually at least five Instanbuls doing the rounds all based on ACU's original conversion, so I'm sure everyone will be able find their favourite.
Edit: and maybe someone will combine the best of these two tracks to give us the definitive version.

probably you're right too. The one I use first is the ACU one... and it's the version that Nico Rosberg's guide video i guess... this one is the one I like and I want to contribute after the Turkish GP... so the author added my name, I'm just posted some photos and references of latest news to them just if they're gonna update I can share some info.

btw ACU tracks is somekind removed or damaged i think because can't be downloaded anymore on their website. so this guys are keep updating. they've a site, name & version that we can track on. that is a plus too i beileve.

and making a combined better version of course it'll be best, aggree to you on that one.

Last edited:
I am finding something a little frustrating.. I jump into a car, set and save the seating and mirror positions but then when I get back into that particular car both the settings especially the mirrors are way off. Any ideas why this happens? Is there a setting in CM that might be causing this?

I use the included tool in CM for the seating position and I use BLM Car for mirror adjustment.

RainFX config for (Reboot Team) Knockhill 2017 circuit
(Reboot Team) Knockhill 2017 circuit
http://assettomods.com/knockhill-2017-reboot-project/
Works with this custom championship
https://www.racedepartment.com/down...jcw-challenge-2020-custom-championship.37927/
View attachment 983701

Installation Help
1. Create a new ext_config.ini file using Notepad or similar text editor
2. Copy the text below and paste
3. Save as ext_config.ini in track/extension folder (create one if there isn't one)
4. Hopefully it works for you and you can enjoy

View attachment 983702

[ABOUT]
AUTHOR = Cozy61
VERSION = 0.9 beta
DATE_RELEASE = 9th January 2021
NOTES = v0.9beta by Cozy61, no config for Reboot Team version - My 2nd attempt at RainFX

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS = ASPH_TRACKMAIN_WET, DIRTROAD, ASPH_GREEN2_WET, ASPH_GREEN_WET, ASPH_TRACKMAIN2_WET
SOAKING_MATERIALS = ASPH_TRACKMAIN_WET, DIRTROAD, ASPH_TRACKMAIN2_WET
SMOOTH_MATERIALS = ADVERTS2, TWAL_CANVAS, PITWALL, STARTHUT, grail.001SFBRDGA, LOGOCLYDA, Vehicles, BLDGA01, MARSPSTD, MARSPSTC, ADVERTS1, PCRB_CURBSA_WET, WHLINE, ROAD_SAUS, BLDG_02A, TWAL_TECPRO, sponsors, TOWER, Nissan_Atlas_2007, MB_Sprinter_2014, grail_2, CONEOP, livvy, KNO_PREPIT, PITWALLX, KNO_PREPITB, KNO_PITINBOX, grail.001, KNO_GARAGE, FENCEHORZ, FENCEVERTB, BLDGARA01
ROUGH_MATERIALS = bushes, material__25, ASPH_GREEN2_WET, ASPH_GREEN_WET, GRAVEL_BLEND, GRASS3, GRASS2, GRASS_TYRE, GRASS_KNO, bankgrass, INPATH
LINES_MATERIALS = PCRB_CURBSA_WET, ROAD_SAUS, WHLINE
Seeing as there are already configs for these tracks you're doing, you don't want this:

[BASIC]
IGNORE_OTHER_CONFIGS = 1

Knockhill has a config, that's what gives it grassfx, lights, material and texture replacements and so on. What you want to do is add to an existing config and only as a last resort create a new one. But even so, CSP allows us to use multiple configs at the same time. You don't need to make yours the sole active config for the rain to work.
Configs can be found in the track folder but also in \assettocorsa\extension\config\tracks and the ones downloaded from CM are in the loaded folder.

Hi @Jandrovi, many thanks for both Ferraris!
I've two questions and a possible bug report.

First question: Does the 360 CS have TC in real life ? I'm asking because your car has no tc at all but i read that the car has two electronic settings (sport and race) that also change the tc level.

Second question: I don't have any modding skill so sorry for this stupid question, but is the ffb to high on both cars ? I feel the wheel (an old but still good G27) shaking too much on the straights, i'm using lut setting as wrote in a guide found on race department and i have this "problem" only with your cars.

Possible bug: If you look at the F430 steering wheel, the sticker with the different electronic settings in the "manettino" switch is total black while you should read the different electronic settings.

Many thanks again for your work!
Greetings from Italy!

Hello everyone,
I am a SimTraxx member and I just tried both the Autobahn and M1 Concourse tracks made by SimTraxx. Both tracks look pretty good
graphic wise so far and just tried them in both PRACTICE and WEEKEND modes.

Mi Concourse has 2 variations of the track, CW and CCW
Autobahn has 3 variations of the track, will add more detail later. I only tried one of the variations.

Things I initially see wrong with the tracks with WEEKEND mode - mainly discuss the pit areas at this time.
M1 Concourse - the cars in the pit area are lined up double file and are not on a "PIT surface" so my stall does not show the Red stall area when I get
close to it - it disappears. Since the AI cars are on the same PIT surface, some of the cars will run/bump into to each other and not go through other cars exiting the pits. So the pit scheme for this track is kind of weird and doesnt work correctly.

Autobahn - The cars are lined up in single file and the "Pit Surface" works properly. AI cars will go through each other on pit lane and my pit stall does
show up as I approach the pit stall. What is bad is SimTraxx does not have the pit stall oriented correctly - it is flipped over 90 degrees so
I dont see the pit flag man standing up vertically. They did the same with Butterwillow track.

For some reason SimTraxx does not know how to do pit areas correctly/properly. Most the other older circuit tracks dont have working pit areas at all.
Have not mentioned this to Kon at this time. The overall tracks look pretty good, but havent tried AI racing yet. Will do that in a day or so, been busy with other things.

So this is just an initial view or impressions of the 2 new SimTraxx Race Circuits. I did not notice the max number of cars that can be used for each
new track.

Take care,

I jump into a car, set and save the seating and mirror positions but then when I get back into that particular car both the settings especially the mirrors are way off. Any ideas why this happens?

Yes, you need to save seat position first, exit, then get back in the car again to adjust the mirrors. Then everything is going to stay the way you adjusted it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Lancia 037 EVO 2 Group B

Here yo have the great Group B monster on its Evo 2 version. I know!, it is the stradale 3D model. Problem is the real group B model in Assetto Corsa is scaled way too big! (it is like 40-50 cm bigger than it should). Hope someone makes a skin and put on the rally version details or interior in this model (or someone does a correct sized 3D model of the rallye version).

This version is well scaled.

Anyway, when you'll drive it, you forget about the model ;)

Sound is by amazing AMA FMOD.

Physics are made by me, using all the real data after hours of reading and watching videos. I found a video where you can see the speed telemetry and full acceleration of the car till 195 km/h, so I could time the accelerations and make them as real as they get ;)

Also gear ratios, torque/power curves, steering ratio...all of them are like the real car.

Hope you like it ;)

Many more cars to come :)

Car link: https://sharemods.com/sqsz41622ol6/jf_bk_lancia_037_90.rar.html

Hi Jandrovi,
This is one one my absolute favorite 037s. Fantastic to drive! Power is just right and physics are great on this... may retire one other 037 I have.
Thanks again for sharing!

Last edited:
The car is a weird mixture of both: manual and SMG II. It has a clutch pedal and the numbers 1 to 6 written on the gear knob, but also it has the gear knob from an SMG, it has the gear display on the dash and the button for selecting the gear change speed placed behind the gear lever.

I prefered to do it SMG because I´ll be releasing an M3 E36 3.0 286 cv and that has a manual 5 speed transmission, so you can feel more the difference between those two generations (old school vs entering into the new wave) ;) :)

Just finished driving your cars. The sounds of all are sublim! The detail of the roll of the chassis, is amazing. The output of the driving imput is sooooo well made. (This phrase will be famous one day). Hahaha

Both ferraris are very good. One of the bests. And I have many to compare.
The 037, is 'only' the best I had drive.
The E46 is speachless. However, I have something to point. Nothing serious, but you may consider on a future update.
The seams join (I hope this make sense) of the driving wheel, are 1cm above the real place. See the picture.

2743.png

I have a couple of mods that need physics and engine tweaks. If you feel in the mood and have the time to take a look, please DM me.

Cheers.

First of all, a big thank you to GR-Evolution, creator of the original model for RBR.

View attachment 983662

---------

No rainFX at the moment but I'm working on it together with the other cars, along with various corrections.

--------------
soon...

View attachment 983663
View attachment 983665

Link:

Wow. Is this is the 0.2 version, I can't wait to try the 1.0. Well done, thanks for sharing.

@EmaPa88 Hi friend. Yes. The 360 CS has TC. I´ve put a 3 level TC. You should be able to use it. I´ve check it again and it works for me.

Respecting the steering wheel, I can only give you advice on the Thrustmaster (I have a TX model). I don´t use luts. Probably your problem comes from the steering assist parameter. Go to the DATA folder of the car, open the "car.ini" file and change STEER_ASSIST=0.50. Try first 1.0 (that´s the default value), then 0.9, 0.8...till you feel comfortable. I use 0.5 because the forces and feel around the center improve a lot. But that's in my wheel and with my own settings.

@Paulo Ribeiro, I´m glad you like the cars. Many more will come.

For those of you who ask me about 3D modeling isues, should emphasize I´m not a 3D modeling guy. I can only do minor things like change rims or replace shaders. So, if the models I use are wrong in some places, someone else should do us the favor of improving them;) :)

Respecting doing physics to cars, if I have the correct sized 3D model, a good sound and good data/media, I enjoy doing it just for passion. Ask me no problem.

@abtdubz, thanks for your words. Yes, the 037 power is just fine. I first implemented a horsepower/torque curve as real as possible and the real gear ratios. Then I used this video where you can time differente acceleration phases to fine tune the performance (look you can see the speed in front of the copilot). I love doing these kind of researches. So the acceleration of the car is just as the real car. I´m very careful that my cars are as real as possible ;)

Last edited:
had a few IM's about making rainfx for tracks,
Adding rainfx is literally 5 minutes most of the time, and anybody can do it easily, you dont need to be a "modder".
Use the template below and follow the video, includes how to add streaming and dripping edges.

@PGMurphy

Code:
[RAIN_FX]
PUDDLES_MATERIALS =
SOAKING_MATERIALS =
ROUGH_MATERIALS =
SMOOTH_MATERIALS =
LINES_MATERIALS =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_EDGE_... =
STREAM_POINT_... =
STREAM_POINT_... =

Last edited:
Hey guys, i've fixed and improved the Pukekohe Park conversion by @neil shaw

The question is, should i upload here the full updated track (with relatives thanks to @DaBaeda for the cams & grid fix) and for the billboard fixed by i forgot who did it, or only the files i changed?

Because it required a lot of work, included the editing of 3 KN5.

It would be amazing if someone would be able to make a proper physical mesh for the track

Changelog:

- v1.0 Base track conversion by Neil Shaw

- v1.1 Update by CrisT86
- New scratchmade EXT_CONFIG which includes RainFX, GrassFX, LightsFX
- Fixed KN5 (some fences misses the double faces)
- Fixed KN5 (modified some materials and object names in order to work properly with the new EXT_CONFIG)
- New VAO Patches
- Backgrounds images
- New UI

https://sharemods.com/92vddal23bfa/...d___updated_by_CrisT86_for_AC_1.16.4.zip.html

PukekohePark1.jpg
PukekohePark2.jpg
PukekohePark3.jpg
PukekohePark4.jpg
PukekohePark5.jpg
PukekohePark6.jpg
PukekohePark7.jpg
PukekohePark8.jpg

Last edited:
Lancia Stratos HF 24v Group 4: https://sharemods.com/jntlo5ik6v78/jf_gr4_lancia_stratos_hf.rar.html

It´s based on the ultimate rallye version with just 300 hp above 8.000 rpm.

It´s a lightweight pleasure to drive on twisties. Very good atmospheric engine response, great sound, fast steering...doing heel and toe is an eargasm.

Regarding sound, it´s by amazing AMA FMOD. I only tweaked some sounds from exterior to interior view.

I could fine tune the car performance by using some videos. For example, in this one you can see at 02:11 a full acceleration from below 100 km/h to above 200 km/h. Just reading the speed dial and using a chronometer, I could check that my engine figures are correct relating car performance.

As always, feedback about physics is welcome, as improvements made by others to 3D modeling, skins or whatever thing you think can be improved.

Greetings from Spain ;)

Attachments

• stratos.jpg
    stratos.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

View attachment 983662

---------

--------------
soon...

View attachment 983663
View attachment 983665

Link:

Hello

The rest of the WRC field is not available? like the Toyota, the Huyndai, the Citroen C3 Pirelli and the Volkswagen Polo ??

Hi, Does anyone knows how to fix this tyre issue? tks

currently on CSP v.1.71 & Sol 2.0 ,

I had the same issue with RSS 3 V6. Switching to all possible tyres in pits and then picking my required compound helped to fix it. However I dont think it is a clean solution.

INTERCITY ISTANBUL PARK v1.8

Specs: Newer than OSRW & ACU versions

Encryption: NO

CSP: Latest Recommended or Above.

Author: SimRacersTR & Enver Bozkaya
Thanks to: TibuszHun, Ale_Calabro, Safi Hellie, Blackcelica, Carricudizilla

P.S.: OSRW & ACU version has Circular texture on back straight bridge (vodafone one). That's the old version. This one on the other hand has no circular texture on that same bridge. That's the SRTR version. That way you can differ from each other.

BTW, ACU's VAO is compatible with this.

Any issues found please report directly to (SRTR - SimRacersTR)
http://www.simracerstr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=903

Download Link Source 1: https://yadi.sk/d/WUXpGAlcEip2VQ
Download Link Source 2: https://mega.nz/file/5l42nYrY...
Download Link Backup 1: https://mega.nz/file/JA4gRAAA...
Download Link Backup 2: https://mega.nz/file/sZ4jwQpB...

Official Review:

My Lap:

Thanks For Checking It Out & Enjoy...

For that one, I arranged ext_config.ini from ACU's version. It worked at some level but an expert's touch is needed. Some textures are invisible then pops-out suddenly.

here's the file:
ext_config.ini - 19 KB

and related files (add to the main file):
istanbul_park_extras.rar - 60.6 MB

and for those who knows stuff here's a Intermediate layout at beta stage (gives error but you guys can fix that i beileve):
intermediate-betawork.rar - 7.0 MB

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back