Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,187 comments
Thanks very much.
Is there a changelog anywhere to track the improvements? It's quite surprising that the shifting animation is still borked when all it ever needed was INVERT_SHIFTING_HANDS=0 in data/driver3d.ini.
Try it, you'll see that the sequential animation is actually a great fit.
It's weird that something this straightforward hasn't been fixed betwen v0.1 and v0.4, but maybe other things have taken precedence in the interim.
Great little car though, loads of fun. Looking forward to further updates.

Last edited:
BMW M3 GTR 2001 version
original car was done by Assettogarage the 2001 version replica was done by Dragster666

Phew where the wheels on this thing hard to replace! 3Dsimmed bugged out the wheels and in 3ds max i had to figure out at what number the wheel dummies should be so that the wheels don't glitch out or go inside the body. It was frustrating definitely. Getting that out of the way
this is as close as i could come to the 2001 car on the 2005 chassis the car looks identical i used the rims from the most wanted car the front bumper sorta fits but if you look closely it kinda pops out or that it isn't attached very well i really dislike the MoTeC gauges that Assettogarage used but alright. I also detuned the car to 444 bhp what the real car was like the AG car was like 200+ bhp more.
A comparison between the 2001 car with the 2005 one.

Hi, do you still have this car available? I've been looking all over the internet for a 2001 spec M3 GTR, and the only one I've found is a pretty bad NFSMW conversion. Thanks in advance :)

Hello guys! I'm finishing up the camtool for Midifield and I saw a "glitch" in the cameras. The "glitch" is caused by this red line.

glitch-midfield.jpg

You can see it @ 1:04

Last edited:
Hello there, I have a litte problem..
I wanted to update the ideal line from Bilsterberg, but the ai app does not save the .candidate files
Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Hi, do you still have this car available? I've been looking all over the internet for a 2001 spec M3 GTR, and the only one I've found is a pretty bad NFSMW conversion. Thanks in advance :)
This is just a reskin of the 2005 M3 GTR with a different skin and a different front bumper the interior is still kept the same as the 2005 car along with the performance i think. So i don't think that its that good might rework it in the future.

Stupid question, sorry: Are the rain effects now available for every CSP user, or still only for patrons?
There is no such thing as a stupid question in my book - Patreons only for now - Bear in mind you could pay the minimum amount for 1 month to try it out - Obviously, you wont have access to updates after the month ends but it's a good way to test it and support the creator. Hope that helps

Last edited:
Last edited:
What an absolute beast!
@GzeroD, where's the model from? The cockpit is very nicely finished, but I found a couple of the 0.2 ksAmbient settings for the dashboard area were crushing things a little. Raised them up to 0.4 and a whole load of lovely hidden detail got revealed.

do you mind sharing your new changes Mascot?

do you mind sharing your new changes Mascot?
It's just a couple of ksAmbient tweaks in CM showroom, the main dashboard and fibreglass around the clocks. I think they're set at 0.2, try raising them to 0.4.
YMMV of course, it'll depend on weather, time of day, PP filter, screen settings etc etc etc. but I often find blacks are crushed in cockpits, killing detail.
Looks better to me with my settings in VR though.

Last edited:
What an absolute beast!
@GzeroD, where's the model from? The cockpit is very nicely finished, but I found a couple of the 0.2 ksAmbient settings for the dashboard area were crushing things a little. Raised them up to 0.4 and a whole load of lovely hidden detail got revealed.
PS thanks for providing LODs too - it's always appreciated.

Most likely a PC2 port - and a good one

That would be sweet! Hoping we can finally get a widely available 250 SWB at some point.

Well i've been happily playing around with this for the last month while waiting for my new GPU, so only now i am going to try and export it ingame.
But i'm glad Pcars2 model is available as the one i am currently using from GTS is somewhat lacking stuff. I have to try that model to see if it is any better.
Lod A.1.jpg Lod A.2.jpg

Well i've been happily playing around with this for the last month while waiting for my new GPU, so only now i am going to try and export it ingame.
But i'm glad Pcars2 model is available as the one i am currently using from GTS is somewhat lacking stuff. I have to try that model to see if it is any better.
View attachment 984683 View attachment 984684
GTS as in Gran Turismo SPORT? You mean that Polyphony version of the Ferrari is nowhere near as good as the SMS one instead?

View attachment 984683 View attachment 984684

Music to my ears mate. My favourite car in the world, can't wait to hopefully drive it someday soon when you're done!

I use SmoothTrack, which is an Android/iOS app...

...smooth, no drift and low CPU usage. Worth trying as its £10

I'll definitely try it. If that works fine, I won't leave my room for a while. Thank you!

I haven't used this for AC because I have VR, but I did use it for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 before the VR patch came out for it and it's excellent. Really smooth and easy to set up. I've had track IR before, and this is just as good for a fraction of the cost.

Make sure you plug your phone into a charger while you do it because the battery will drain like crazy.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anyone can provide a more complete Dyno chart for Radical's 2.7-litre Marcoblock V8, specificially the Spyder-spec version since that appears to be the engine used in the Argentine Super TC2000 prior to 2019. The reason I ask is because I want a more accurate engine spec for ACFL's Super TC2000 pack which is the only representation of the class in Assetto Corsa, unless and until VRC negotiate the rights as the official RFactor2 STC2000 mod team to also provide it for AC as well and then convert it to the AC physics engine.

Unfortunately though, the ACFL STC2000 is stupidly overpowered compared to the RPE engine it's based on; 514 horsepower at the wheels for the ACFL mod compared to 431 horsepower at the crank based on the spec-sheet I have linked above. And while yes the chart in the spec-sheet is a good starting point, the dyno chart that is provided isn't exactly complete:
TC2000 Graph.PNG

(source)
For one thing, the chart does not list *any* performance figures below 5000 RPM, meaning I can't plot out the power.lut for the first half of the engine's rev range. Second, this chart doesn't mark the individual power outputs for every 100 rpm outside of peak power and peak torque, making it much harder to accurately mark the torque values for each point.

If anyone could point me in the direction of a more comprehensive spec-sheet or dyno chart, please let me know. And no, I can't use the power.lut from the Radical RXC mods that are already out there because they're based on the Ford Ecoboost V6-spec RXC Turbo.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back